NYJetsFan.com Forums: Revis Trade On Hold - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop another game vs Lions. Offense is bad
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:51 PM) TY KC
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:52 PM) THAT IS A BIG ASS FB
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:53 PM) if shit had gone our way we'd be 3-1 right now
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:53 PM) what a bummer
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:53 PM) :ranting3:
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:55 PM) INT TD KANSAS CITY!!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:55 PM) we need to start doing that shit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:55 PM) our D needs to start making shit like that happen
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:57 PM) fuck that penalty
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:57 PM) "going on your knees" stupidest shit ever
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:57 PM) let them do the end zone celebrations
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:59 PM) thank you KC for slaughtering these overrated fucks
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:59 PM) Brady watching too much geno tape
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:00 PM) brady to the bench
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:00 PM) Oh god what has KC done! GARAPAPOLLO UNLEASHED
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:01 PM) I hope someone lays a Mo Lewis on Garapapolo
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:01 PM) square in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:02 PM) so brady can get his knee broken again
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) I'm scared
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) this kid might be legit
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) IT WASNT WORTH IT
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) cmon KC
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) wtf
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) f***
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) they let the rookie just drive it on them
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:05 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:05 PM) now KC needs a TD
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:06 PM) It wasn't worth it :(
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:15 PM) KC has some big ol boys
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:19 PM) TY KC for bringing these overrated fucks back down to earth
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 10:22 PM) I think 03 should be a mod. I think everyone should be.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 10:23 PM) What do we have to loose?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:34 PM) our O better get their shit together starting this Sunday
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:34 PM) we need to be on our A game when we play Denver and the CHEATriots
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:34 PM) and Buffalo doesn't scare me
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:34 PM) but these next 3 games better get it's shit together
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:01 PM) maybe Idzik knew that MEvis was not as good anymore
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:11 AM) Nah, fire idzik
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:12 AM) Milber is expected to play this week, how nice of him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:14 AM) The chargers are going to be tough
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 10:22 AM) well there is a silver lining to this season, tom brady sucks and so do the pats
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:48 AM) Jets sign John Conner back, with Bohannon injured at FB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:49 AM) that is why they should consider starting Vick, they could compete for the divsion with solid QB play. Can Rex really afford to sit there waiting for things to click with Geno while he keeps throwing INTs?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 12:26 PM) i didn't even notive bohannon was hurt
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 12:28 PM) vick gives us a chance to win now, geno can still learn as a backup
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Revis Trade On Hold

#1 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The New York Jets have put trade talks with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on hold regarding Darrelle Revis, whose MRI confirmed Monday he's ahead of schedule in his rehab, sources have told ESPN.

As the Jets began voluntary workouts in the morning, sources told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio the team, before continuing to explore a trade, would examine its star cornerback for the first time since an October surgery for a torn ACL in his left knee.

Revis, examined at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York by Dr. Russell Warren, received positive but not unexpected news, a source told ESPNNewYork.com's Rich Cimini.

Revis was cleared by Warren to begin running without restrictions.

After completing his early morning appointment, Revis was scheduled to report to the Jets' facility for the start of the offseason program.

The team's doctors likely will further review the MRI results and present Revis with a detailed rehab schedule. He was also expected to meet for the first time with general manager John Idzik, who was hired the day after reports of trade talks first surfaced.

Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez praised Revis when asked about his thoughts regarding the trade speculation.

"How would I feel if they trade Revis? It's not my call," Sanchez said. "He's a great player. I love him as a teammate, I love him as a friend. I don't make those decisions."

Meanwhile, though his days with the Jets appear numbered, backup quarterback Tim Tebow showed up early Monday morning, as promised, for the offseason program.

Receiver Santonio Holmes didn't report. He's still rehabbing his surgically repaired foot and taking classes at Ohio State, so he may not show up until late in the spring.

But unlike Revis, Holmes doesn't have a workout bonus in his contract, which was renegotiated last month. He took a $3.5 million pay cut and will make a guaranteed $7.5 million this year.

Darrelle Revis is one of pro football's all-time best defensive backs. Where does he rank among the greatest Jets?
The Top 50 Jets Rank 'Em

Right tackle Austin Howard, a restricted free agent, also reported after signing his one-year, $2 million tender.

Tebow, known for his early arrivals, checked in about 90 minutes before the start of an 8 a.m. team meeting. How long he remains with the Jets has been an ongoing question throughout the offseason. The team is prepared to part ways with the quarterback and they've been trying to trade him.

Revis wanted to remain in Arizona, where he has been rehabbing his knee since January, but he reported because the team refused to excuse him for two weeks, sources told ESPNNewYork.com's Rich Cimini.

He preferred Arizona, in part, to avoid the distraction of being with the team during trade talks. There's a chance he could be dealt before the April 25-27 draft.

Revis also has a $1 million workout bonus that he would forfeit if he doesn't participate in 83 percent of the voluntary workouts.

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

http://theredzone.or...ep/Default.aspx

The Bucs may pass on a chance to trade for Darrelle Revis if the Jets continue to insist on three draft picks for the Pro Bowl cornerback, Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times reports.

The Jets reportedly have asked for the Bucs' 13th overall pick in the NFL draft April 25, as well as selections in the third and fifth rounds. It's not clear whether one, both or neither of those later picks could come in 2014.

Tampa Bay appears ready to trade its first-round pick in 2013 and 'something else,' but the Bucs believe they are the only team with the salary cap room and the need at cornerback currently engaged in talks for Revis. The Bucs are $32.8-million under the salary cap, second only to Cleveland ($33.6-million), but the Browns have not been linked to Revis.

Tampa Bay was last in the league in pass defense and has a dire need at cornerback. They did not address the position through free agency, opting only to sign Eric Wright to a restructured 1-year contract. Veteran Ronde Barber has not decided whether to return for a 17th season.

But the Bucs front office and coach Greg Schiano are in agreement that the Jets' price is currently too high for Revis, especially due to the lack of suitors and the fact he is coming off surgery to repair a torn ACL. While Revis was cleared to begin running without restriction following an examination of his knee in New York Monday, it is not a trade that can be made on the clock. The Bucs would want several days to have Revis' injury evaluated. In addition to the draft picks, the Bucs must be prepared to pay Revis about $15-million per year.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

My money says if he is not traded before Wednesday we keep him. Resign him that is.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users