NYJetsFan.com Forums: Ot: Boston Marathon Bombing - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 09:42 PM) Im just wondering what manning will put up on our secondary? 70?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:12 PM) who cares about getting destroyed in a preseason game, especially the 4th one. Most of these guys won't even make the team
ganggreen2003 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:15 PM) Hill cut yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:21 PM) Yeah this game means nothing...except to Stephen Hill (who fumbled lol) and 115
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:23 PM) Hill is a bum, hes pretty much never shown much football skill. The Jets fucked up big time taking him over Alshon Jeffery.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:29 PM) I'm still pissed off about that
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:43 PM) Its not that Im worried about the preseason game itself. i could care less about that. Its the fact of how bad we got destroyed. And some of the guys will be on the team and others on the fringe so getting destroyed like that doesnt fill me with confidence
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:44 PM) It would be one thing if it was just the second half or 4th quarter but this was the whole game. especially getting destroyed in the 1st quarter and at least part of the 2nd where a lot of the guys will be on the team
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:48 PM) 2nd and 3rd stringers making the team had something to prove and even our 2nd stringers got owned so yes Im very concerned. The first stringers need breaks and also if some of them get injured they need to step up. So no after this performance start to finish Im very concerned
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:39 AM) Meh...you're reading too much into it
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:40 AM) Even in seasons where the Jets blew, I haven't seen anyone refer to the preseason to complain. Ever.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:15 AM) fire izdik http://theredzone.or...rs/Default.aspx
Jetsman05 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 11:17 AM) I picture Rob and 115 as real life friends
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 04:01 PM) Holmes can still play, problem is that hes also a cancer. He wore out his welcome with the Jets
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 08:23 PM) did Hill get cut?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:00 PM) Haven't seen anything yet
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:06 PM) Whos ready for the season!!? WOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (30 August 2014 - 11:54 AM) Hill has been cut
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 August 2014 - 01:24 PM) Who wants to take bets he ends up in NE
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:18 PM) We'll I guess you guys are fools then in thinking im a fool for being concerned. Do any of you even know that in 2013 the Jets gave up the most passing yards in the franchise since 1986? And our secondary right now is worse than last year right now. To not be concerned is utterly foolish.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:19 PM) Unless our d-line has a monstrous year odds are the team will be eaten up in the pass. Every team will game plan to exploit the pass this year.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:56 PM) Patterson got cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:24 PM) Patterson must have been a huge cancer to get cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:26 PM) is there a midseason draft? we need a DB!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) Our week 1 starting CBs will be Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls... wow
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) interesting that Simms and Boyd were released
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 04:00 PM) No more McIntyre
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:20 PM) Pretty sure some of these cuts like Simms and McIntyre were made for removing some more cap space to try to find some decent corners and maybe another reliable wr. Possibly get some players cheap. I'd say the current 53 roster will change a good bit in the next week.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:23 PM) I just hope Geno doesn't get hurt or we are horse f*cked. Vick sure as hell can't stay healthy for a full season. I guess the FO could also be think of picking up an old vet cut as 3rd qb. Simms is ok but I'd never trust him to win a regular season game if he was put in.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:25 PM) Anyway it's going yo be an interesting week.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) I doubt it was about freeing up money, considering we are way under. Like more than $20 mil, way more than enough to find some vet minimum CB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:19 PM) it's more about the roster numbers. McIntyre was replaced by rookies. IK showed flashes when he played
bleedsgreen Icon : (Yesterday, 08:34 AM) McIntyre is a shock to me he was a solid backup and made some big plays
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) 1 week till we are 1-0
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) we need to annihilate the GAYders
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:28 PM) We claimed McFadden from the Browns. Knows the system should be able to contribute right away
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:29 PM) Watching the Browns game now. Playing all three CB spots. Looks OK. A little grabby although he has not been called for it
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:30 PM) Might be a little aggressive and get burnt over top
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:26 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:58 AM) ^^^ agreed
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:25 PM) all the admins on this page should be fired
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:25 PM) for being assclowns
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 04:17 PM) The Jets are fucked at CB, signing some bums now. We need Milliner to get healthy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 04:20 PM) We have signed CB Phillip Adams
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Ot: Boston Marathon Bombing

#1 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2...ence/index.html

'CAPTURED!!!' Boston police announce Marathon bombing suspect in custody
By Chelsea J. Carter and Greg Botelho , CNN
updated 11:59 PM EDT, Fri April 19, 2013

See photo of bombing suspect's arrest
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
NEW: 58 people remain hospitalized from Monday's bombings, according to a CNN tally
"CAPTURED!!! The hunt is over" police tweet after second suspect is in custody
Investigators find ''significant amount of homemade explosives,'' a police official says
Slain suspect was wearing explosives when he died, source tells CNN
(CNN) -- The second suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings was taken into custody Friday night, bringing to an end a massive manhunt in the tense Massachusetts capital worried by warnings the man was possibly armed with explosives.
After announcing the arrest on Twitter, Boston police tweeted: "CAPTURED!!! The hunt is over. The search is done. The terror is over. And justice has won. Suspect in custody."
Authorities confirmed the man in custody is 19-year-old Dzhokar Tsarnaev, who escaped an overnight shootout with police that left his older brother Tamerlan Tsarnaev -- the other man wanted in the bombings -- dead.
The younger Tsarnaev was in serious condition, Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis said at a news conference. He was being treated at Boston's Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, hospital spokeswoman Kelly Lawman said.
Boston bombing suspect in custody Obama: 'We refuse to be terrorized' See the boat in which Boston suspect hid Hear the shootout with bombing suspect
Tsarnaev was cornered late Friday as he was hiding on a boat in a backyard of Watertown, a suburb of Boston.
Police were alerted to his whereabouts by a man who went outside after authorities lifted an order for residents to stay inside during the manhunt. The resident saw blood on a boat in the backyard, Davis said. He then lifted up the tarp covering the boat and "saw a man covered with blood," he said.
It was that call that resulted in an arrest less than a week after two bombs exploded near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, shocking the nation and leaving a city on edge.
"There was an exchange of gunfire, and I don't know if he was struck," Davis said of the suspect.
Authorities, using a bullhorn, had called on the suspect to surrender: "Come out with your hands up."
Tsarnaev, according to authorities, refused to surrender.
"We used a robot to pull the tarp off the boat," David Procopio of the Massachusetts State Police said. "We were also watching him with a thermal imaging camera in our helicopter. He was weakened by blood loss -- injured last night most likely,"
Tsarnaev was taken into custody after authorities rushed the boat, Davis said.
Closing a chapter
The standoff and subsequent arrest came just minutes after authorities indicated during a news conference that a manhunt for the suspect appeared to come up empty.
Authorities had cast a wide net for the suspect, virtually shutting down Boston and its surroundings after a violent night in which authorities say the brothers allegedly hurled explosives at pursuers, after killing Massachusetts Institute of Technology police Officer Sean Collier and hijacking a car.
"We've closed an important chapter in this tragedy," President Barack Obama said in a televised address. Even so, he vowed to seek answers to the motive in the attack and find out whether the suspects received any help to carry out their plot.
The government is invoking the public safety exception to question Tsarnaev, meaning in cases of national security a person can be questioned without being read their Miranda rights, a Justice Department official told CNN on condition of anonymity. The official is not authorized to publicly discuss the matter.
U.S. Attorney Carmen Ortiz told reporters the "government has that opportunity right now" to invoke the public safety exemption but stopped short of declaring it would take that step, saying only the suspect was in the hospital.
Republican Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham called for Tsarnaev to be held as an enemy combatant.
'Glad it's over'
Officer: We are so grateful to be here Uncle to 'loser': Turn yourself in Witness: We heard explosions, gunshots Deadly shooting at MIT
Word of the arrest spread quickly in suburban Watertown, where residents took to the streets to cheer the news that suspect had been arrested.
"Thank you. Thank you. It was our pleasure," members of the Boston SWAT team said over a loudspeaker.
Mary Sullivan was walking her black Labrador earlier Friday night when gunshots rang out in her neighborhood.
"I'm glad it's over," she said. "The city and the people have gone through so much pain over these irrational decisions of these young men."
Bombing connection
The manhunt began late Thursday just hours after the FBI released photos of the two suspects in the marathon bombings.
"Investigators are recovering a significant amount of homemade explosives" from the scene of the shootout, Procopio told CNN.
It was not immediately clear what explosives were recovered, but the discovery followed a tense night in which authorities say the brothers allegedly hurled a homemade grenade and five pipe bombs at pursuers after killing an officer and hijacking a car.
Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, was wearing explosives and a triggering device when he died, a source briefed on the investigation told CNN on condition of anonymity.
The manhunt brought Boston to a near standstill. The Boston Red Sox announced they were postponing Friday night's game against the Kansas City Royals "to support efforts of law enforcement officers." NHL's Boston Bruins also postponed its game against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
The city's subway, bus, Amtrak train and Greyhound and regional Bolt Bus services were shut down. Taxi service across the city also was suspended for a time during the manhunt. Every Boston area school was closed.
Boston's public transit authority sent city buses to Watertown to evacuate residents while bomb experts combed the surroundings for possible explosives.
Initially, authorities said the brothers started their rampage by robbing a convenience store. By late Friday, the Middlesex District Attorney's office backtracked on the allegation, saying an investigation determined that the robbery at a 7-Eleven was unrelated.
Officer killed
The violent hours leading up to the capture began in Cambridge, across the Charles River from Boston, MIT officer Collier was shot and killed while he sat in his car on Thursday night, the Suffolk County District Attorney's Office said in a statement.
The two suspects, according to authorities, then hijacked a vehicle at gunpoint in Cambridge, telling the driver that they were the marathon bombers, a law enforcement source told CNN.
At some point, apparently at a gas station, that source said, the driver escaped.
Police, who were tracking the vehicle using its built-in GPS system, picked up the chase in Watertown. The pursuit went into a residential neighborhood, with the suspects throwing explosives at police.
A shootout erupted and ultimately one bomber -- later identified as Tamerlan Tsarnaev -- got out of the car. Police shot him, and his brother ran over him as he drove away, according to the law enforcement source, who spoke on condition of anonymity.
Richard H. Donohue Jr., 33, a three-year veteran of the transit system police force, was shot and wounded in the incident and taken to a hospital, a transit police spokesman said Friday. The officer's condition was not immediately known.
Another 15 police officers were treated for minor injuries sustained during the explosions and shootout, Jennifer Kovalich, a spokeswoman for St. Elizabeth's Medical Center, said.
Suspects background
Police believe the brothers are the same men pictured in images released Thursday by the FBI as suspects in the marathon bombing that killed three people and wounded dozens on Monday.
At least 58 people remained hospitalized, including three in critical condition, according to a CNN count.
The men are shown in the images walking together near the marathon finish line.
The first suspect -- apparently Tamerlan Tsarnaev, according to authorities -- appears in the images wearing a dark hat, sunglasses and a backpack. The second suspect, wearing a white cap, police said, is the one who remained at large throughout Friday until he was taken into custody Friday night.
But the mother of the Tsarnaev brothers refused to believe they were involved in the marathon bombings and subsequent shootout.
"It's impossible for them to do such things. I am really telling you that this is a setup," Zubeidat Tsarnaeva told state-run Russia Today from Dagestan.
"My son would never keep it in secret. ...If there is anyone who would know it would be me. He wouldn't hide it. But there was never a word."
The brothers came from the Russian Caucasus region and moved to Kazakhstan at a young age before coming to the United States several years ago.
"My youngest was raised from 8 years in America. My oldest was really properly raised in our house. Nobody talked about terrorism," their mother said.
The suspects' parents recently returned to Dagestan in the Caucasus region after living in the United States for about 10 years because they were "nostalgic," the father, Anzor Tsarnaev, told Russian state-run Zvezda TV.
He accused someone of framing his sons. "I don't know who exactly did it. But someone did."
A federal official told CNN that Dzhokar Tsarnaev came to the U.S. as a tourist with his family in the early 2000s and later asked for asylum. He became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 2012. Tamerlan Tsarnaev was not a naturalized citizen, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity. He came "a few years later" and was lawfully in the United States as a green-card holder.
Tamerlan Tsarnaev had studied at Bunker Hill Community College and wanted to become an engineer, according to those who knew him. He then took a year off to train as a boxer.
'I don't understand them'
The official said that a posting on a social media site in the elder brother's name included the comments: "I don't have a single American friend. I don't understand them."
Dzhokar Tsarnaev attended Cambridge Rindge & Latin, a public high school, said Eric Mercado, who graduated a year behind the suspect. Mercado said Tsarnaev had worked at Harvard University as a lifeguard.
"We hung out; we partied; we were good high school friends," Mercado told CNN.
"We're all, like, in shock. We don't really understand. There were no telltale signs of any kind of malicious behavior from Dzhokar. It's all coming as a shock, really."
Mercado said he lived a block away from the suspect and did not know his older brother.
Dzhokar Tsarnaev is currently registered as a student at University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, which ordered its campus evacuated on Friday. The school is located 65 miles south of Cambridge, just west of New Bedford.
Larry Aaronson, Dzhokar Tsarnaev's neighbor and a former teacher at the high school Tsarnaev attended, called him a "wonderful kid."
"He was so grateful to be here, he was compassionate, he was caring, he was jovial," Aaronson told CNN.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:17 AM

As far as CNN I have my issues with them about the coverage. But that bombing took place a block away from my job. We always close because of the marathon. Things got tight the next few days. yesterday was a total shut down of the city. I don't take the trains better know as the "T" in boston. I don't even know how. Always drive. This is not NY where there's a subway in almost every block. Most places, you have to drive to the train station and leave your car there then get in the train. Parking your car cost money too. If you need to get around like I do you better have a car. Things don't run 24/7.

Yesterday I was on the highway and noticed a line police car behind me on the fast lane. I pulled in the middle lane and it was state police in front followed by 7 unmarked GMC yukon with blue and red lights flashing. Funny thing about these trucks was all the plates were NY plates. NYPD was in mass. I counted every single one of them. Those yellow plates don't belong here. Following the NYPD was a lone vermont state police car all heading south. Woke up early this morning to find out they caught him. This guy shut down half the state. Spend my day yesterday with my police scanner app listening to everything the cops said. I heard who they pulled over. What suspicious package got blown up etc. It was tensed.

As far the coverage, CNN dropped the ball day one. Making false reports about a dark skinned guy who did it. A saudi arabia national that looked suspicious and arrested by the police etc. This is why people are turned off by the corporate media. I avoided the FOX fascist channel for years thinking that CNN might be only outlet left to watch. I quickly found out I was wrong. I watched mostly alternate media. Trust me its night and day as far as coverage. The NY post just picked out 2 innocent guys in the crowd with back packs and put thier picture up and said that's the perps. If that was me they would have a lawsuit in thier hands.

BACK TO HATING BOSTON.....GO KNICKS

#3 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

I'd love to be a fly on the wall during that interrogation. We won't hear anything about it but they're going to torture the f*** out of this kid. Also I'd like to know how they plan (or pretend on planning) to get an impartial, unbiased jury for this
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

He should of died. He'll regret not dying while he's in jail. They're going to rape him in whatever jail they put him in.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users