NYJetsFan.com Forums: Revis To Visit Tampa For Physical - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:46 PM) the Raiders have won a game against the KC Cheifs
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) that celebration on 3rd down when they sacked alex smith was hilarious
santana Icon : (20 November 2014 - 11:51 PM) they had no clue it was 3rd down
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 12:56 PM) RAUL IS TEH TABLE
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 12:57 PM) HALA RAUL
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:22 PM) yeah buddy
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:23 PM) I wonder how much ticket to this jets game would be. I hope its free
Jetsfan115 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:24 PM) city of detriot needs something.
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 01:25 PM) yeah global warming
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 05:34 PM) Any word on what channel the game will be shown outside of the NY area?
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:07 PM) No idea
santana Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:07 PM) Direct tv announced they will be showing it though
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 November 2014 - 06:08 PM) I just found out it will not be shown nationally
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 November 2014 - 08:23 PM) 4 TDS for THE DUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 November 2014 - 08:24 PM) and 400 total yards
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 November 2014 - 08:24 PM) WOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (22 November 2014 - 09:15 PM) quack
azjetfan Icon : (22 November 2014 - 11:04 PM) Meanwhile back at the ranch Winston almost was ejected from the game.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 AM) SUCK FOR THE DUCK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:09 AM) TEH CRYSTAL PALACE
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) Lulz
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:38 PM) Brad Smith just took a shot
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:38 PM) Wow
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:51 PM) saw that
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:51 PM) smithsiah
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:51 PM) will return
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:51 PM) king of the juice
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 01:53 PM) Sanchez int at Eagles 30
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) So yeah umm anyone know if the game is going to broadcast on national TV tomorrow?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:52 PM) From what I have read it will be on in the NY and Buffalo areas as well as Ticket. That's it
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:57 PM) well that fucks everyone who is outside of the area
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) Sanchez 3 straight 300+ yards passing games
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) I have no faith in Idzik hiring a good HC or signing/drafting good players.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:28 PM) I saw a old dude and his wife at a pizza shop tonight. He was wearing an old timers service hat. I picked up his tab.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) FIRE COUGHLIN
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) I love how there are so many rookie WRs beasting it in the deepest WR class in a long time, yet our genius GM couldn't land one.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) My guy Odell Beckham torching the Cowboys
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) Look at this catch he made, sick https://mtc.cdn.vine...P67xwaORGsCqtLF
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:09 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...sharpnosepuffer
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:09 PM) Another link
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:20 AM) Your guy Odell lol
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:20 AM) I ravedddd about him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:26 AM) he was the guy I wanted most out of the draft. I knew we had no shot at Watkins or Evans.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 08:59 AM) Pretty sure i remember talking to you about him
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Revis To Visit Tampa For Physical trade compensation not yet disclosed

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:01 AM

@AdamSchefter Breakthrough: Jets have granted permission for CB Darrelle Revis to visit Tampa Bay and undergo a physical with the Buccanners, per sources.

@RichCimini News: #jets have given permission for Revis to speak with Bucs and take a physical. No word on whether team's have agreed to trade comp.

Time to start saying your goodbyes...

#2 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

@BrianCoz Confirmed ESPN's report that Jets have given permission to Bucs to look at Revis' knee. Hearing the exam may even have already happened.

@BrianCoz I would expect the deal to get done quickly now. This must mean the teams have the trade worked out.

#3 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

@MMehtaNYDN Although Revis wanted to remain w/Jets, I was told he became "resigned" in recent days he'd be traded to Bucs. Now it looks like he will

#4 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:18 AM

Manish didn't break the news, nor does he have anything to add, so his "sources" are talking again:

@MMehtaNYDN Source close to Revis about the Jets: "The organization is not committed to winning." #nyj

#5 User is online   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:30 AM

Its going down. All he has to do is pass the damn physical. Get this done quick. Draft is coming up

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

Manish is a tool, can't stand that guy...
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   jet-man Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

not in favor of losing a player of his caliber, but i understand the rest of the dynamics as pertaining to the team.
i hope they don't get hosed like in the past because then this move is moot.
but if they can put a solid team together thru this move and a series of moves to come then you have to give woody, idzik, rex, etc. some credit.

#8 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

sad day if he goes

#9 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

I hope you guys are happy...you're getting what you wanted and this team is going to toil in mediocrity for years. None of you need to complain about shit with the pass D for the next 7-8 seasons
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 21 April 2013 - 09:27 AM, said:

I hope you guys are happy...you're getting what you wanted and this team is going to toil in mediocrity for years. None of you need to complain about shit with the pass D for the next 7-8 seasons

totally agree brother.

#11 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

This trade only works if the Jets nail the picks in the trade. A corner isn't worth a huge cap hit but damn watching Revis in another uniform is going to sting.

#12 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

View PostChaos, on 21 April 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

This trade only works if the Jets nail the picks in the trade. A corner isn't worth a huge cap hit but damn watching Revis in another uniform is going to sting.

I'd argue there's a far better chance of Revis coming back to full health, regaining his form and agreeing to an extension than there is of the picks in the trade working out.

The moves Idzik has made in his time so far as GM have been pretty good, but moving on a player as good as Revis - as appears now to be very likely - just flat out hurts.

#13 User is offline   JETS RULE Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:08 AM

I just wish this whole thing would be over today because honestly I'm tired of hearing about it. Losing our best player hurts enough as it is. I understand the business side of it he wants too much money and all that, but that doesn't mean I agree with it. I hope Woody's happy now, he got his way and now we have to watch our team deteriorate further because we ignore the true problems this team has. Last year was bad enough, but its clear now that Woody doesn't care about the product on the field as much he does charging us a arm and a leg to watch it every Sunday.

Maybe there's a silver lining in all this nonsense, I hope the compensation we receive for Revis works out. It can't sink any lower than this, but I guess sometimes you gotta hit the bottom before you can start climbing back to the top

#14 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

Lets not jump to conclusions. There are many outcomes here. Most likely he will be traded for this years first and more, but lets look at other possibilities

1) right now the trade could all hinge on who is available at 13. Either Tampa or NY could say no if their player is not there. If that is the case Revis may still remain a Jet. With no trade partners Jets would more than likely resign Revis to the deal Tampa offered.

2) The Jets could be using Tampa to set a value on what Revis is worth. As of now his demands have been all speculative. If they feel he is worth said contract they may resign him to it.

I am sure there are all kinds of scenarios but these 2 make the most sense to me. End of the day I would rather resign him but I also would rather get value for him than loose him in FA.
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 21 April 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

Yep, we better not see a Jets cornerback in the "Duds" column from the "trade Revis" folks for the next 8 years.

Mark my words, this will not work out in the Jets favor in the long run. Back to the days of the Herm Edwards secondary I guess.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#16 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 21 April 2013 - 12:15 PM, said:

Yep, we better not see a Jets cornerback in the "Duds" column from the "trade Revis" folks for the next 8 years.

Mark my words, this will not work out in the Jets favor in the long run. Back to the days of the Herm Edwards secondary I guess.

At least with Herm we had Abraham and Ellis getting some pressure. Right now we have ???? If we don't get some talent we are basically setting Rex up to be fired next year. This team is not as good as last years and we saw how we finished.
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

If the Jets land two of the top OLB prospects with those 2 picks, we'd be looking good. a combonation of mingo, jordan, ansah, werner would be nice.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#18 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

View Postextmenace, on 21 April 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

If the Jets land two of the top OLB prospects with those 2 picks, we'd be looking good. a combonation of mingo, jordan, ansah, werner would be nice.

You know damn well Werner cannot play with his hand in the air every down.

#19 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

http://profootballta...tial-departure/

Antonio Cromartie laments Darrelle Revis’ potential departure

Posted by Mike Wilkening on April 21, 2013, 12:49 PM EDT

AP
The Buccaneers are reportedly engaged in what appear to be serious trade negotiations for Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis.

Consider Antonio Cromartie disappointed in this news.

“It sucks. That’s my reaction: It sucks,” Cromartie, Revis’ position mate in New York, told Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News on Sunday. “Losing a guy like that just sucks.”

In remarks to Mehta, Cromartie referred to Revis as the “best” cornerback in the NFL and praised his leadership ability across multiple facets.

For most of the last three seasons, Cromartie has played opposite of Revis at cornerback, giving the Jets an uncommonly strong one-two punch at a key position.

“We had the best tandem,” Cromartie told Mehta.

Even with Revis missing 14-of-16 games, the Jets held up well against the pass in 2012, allowing the second-fewest yards through the air. Cromartie played a key role in these efforts, earning Pro Bowl honors.

At 29, Cromartie gives the Jets one sure thing in the secondary. However, free safety LaRon Landry departed for Indianapolis in free agency, and Revis could also be on his way elsewhere.

Permalink 31 Comments Latest Stories in: Home, New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Top Stories

Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Jets got nothing:

@AdamSchefter Trade official: Darrelle Revis passed physical. Bucs send 1st in 2013 and conditional 4th in 2014 that could be 3rd to Jets. More on ESPNews

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users