NYJetsFan.com Forums: Revis Officially Traded To Bucs - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS LACK OF REDZONE OFFENSE STILL CURSING THE DEFENSE
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:46 PM) Yeah gonna go with a good old f*** Geno this week. He is still playing better than last year though
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:46 PM) People saying Sanchez sucks keep in mind he never had a chance to play in morningwegs system. He was held back by shottenheimer
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:47 PM) This team will never have a franchise QB. We can't draft them and when we sign or trade for them, they're past their primes.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) well
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) Because we destoy any promise in our young QBs with our elite offensive support talent.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) TIME TO CHANGE THE DIAPER
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) another game next week
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) 3-0 with Sanchez? Oh god...we've gone there already?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) jets need more talent on O
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) and some god damn DBs
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) Morninweg's system is get the offense going then throw a monkey wrench into things by putting the backup QB in there and f***ing up the offense's rhythm.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:50 PM) Yes I went there. Geno spots these teams 7-10 points weekly and has turned the ball in the redzone 3 games in a row. If not for 2 dropped ints geno would have 4 picks. Dude sucks at best
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 PM) Then we got Chris ivory running like marshawn lynch out there and they sit him on the bench the whole fourth quarter
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 PM) I'd like to use the same excuse I used for Sanchez. QB can't really do shit when your best WR would be a #3 if he was lucky on any other team
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 PM) yeah but sanchez was shell shcoked
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 PM) jets werent fixing him
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:53 PM) Geno will be to after another year or two of this shit.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:53 PM) What's kerleys contract like
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:53 PM) because if he's underpaid I don't see him sticking around
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:54 PM) he only looks good because our O is so bad.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:54 PM) I bet a lot of teams have their eye on him
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:56 PM) Decker doesn't need to play until he is completely healthy
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:58 PM) FIRE IDZIK
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:08 PM) How big was the Sheldon Richardson fumble recovery not being a TD. We quickly went three and out after that
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:43 PM) Idzik better not be stingy this offseason and address the biggest issues we have WR and Secondary
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:47 PM) King mo says he's ok, injury is minor
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:21 AM) As a guy who has been on this site since its inception and is still not a moderator which I guess is cause I'm not part of the rat pack who runs this joint I think GENO should still be the starter.
mgjetman Icon : (Today, 10:19 AM) We still could have won this game with the bad calls. Geno just sucks. All the pick six's, missing wide open receivers, bad throws when they are fought. Stupid trick plays because they don't trust him.
santana Icon : (Today, 10:31 AM) I don't get his decision making
santana Icon : (Today, 10:32 AM) There were another 2-3 ints the bears were gifted but were dropped
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:22 AM) f***
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:22 AM) I had a blast at the game... just sucks we lost
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:22 AM) 1-3 when I go se them
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:32 AM) Refs fucked up the fumble for a TD. by calling it down the first time everyone in the stadium saw it as a fumble
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:33 AM) they need to just let them plays play out because they now look at every turnover
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:33 AM) If hes down they could just overturn it on the replay
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:33 AM) f*** Holmes to
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 12:22 PM) gg2003 you want to be a mod?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 12:22 PM) You have to go through your initiation
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) Gg03 would be a terrif
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) what is the "initiation"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:47 PM) :zz:
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) and no I will not say that Idzik needs to be canned cause he doesn't
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:54 PM) he just needs to find talent at the CB and WR positions while also improving in positions that are currently our strengths like DL and OL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:30 PM) Fire idzik!
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Revis Officially Traded To Bucs 1st rd 2013 & 4th rd 2014

#1 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

Darrelle Revis, the best cornerback in the NFL, has been traded from the Jets to the Tampa Bay Bucs in exchange for multiple draft picks, including the 13th overall in this year's draft. The deal will become official once Revis passes a physical, which is scheduled for later today.

UPDATE: And just like that, it's official. Revis has passed his physical.

Revis, who suffered a torn ACL in week two last season, will provide immediate help to Tampa Bay, which was last in the NFL against the pass in 2012, allowing 297 yards per game. The Bucs play in a division where three of the top 16 passing attacks from 2012 toil – Saints (1st), Falcons (5th), Panthers (16th).

The Jets, who lost half their defense in free agency, now lose the cornerstone of what was one of the league's best defenses from 2009-2012. The ability of Revis to shut down half of the field by himself allowed the Jets to mix blitz packages and confuse QBs in the 2010 and 2011 playoffs, and they beat Carson Palmer and Philip Rivers en route to the 2010 AFC title game (lost to Peyton Manning) and then Peyton Manning and Tom Brady en route to the 2011 AFC title game (lost to Ben Roethlisberger).

The Jets are a team in rebuilding mode. Coming off a second straight disappointing season that ended without a trip to the playoffs, the Jets are going through immense turnover and have needs just about everywhere on offense/defense. The draft picks will help, but this feels like a 4-12 or 5-11 team.

6 years $96 mil

#2 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

I just read the contract is for 6 years and $96 million, simply outrageous money for a corner. I'm happy the Jets didn't pay it.
"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

Quote from my wife when I told her I liked Tebow, but that he sucks as a QB

#3 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

View PostMlorinczJ, on 21 April 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

I just read the contract is for 6 years and $96 million, simply outrageous money for a corner. I'm happy the Jets didn't pay it.

NONE of it is guaranteed.

#4 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

The 4th rd could be a 3rd based on performance. This had to get done. Draft in a few days. Just could not keep him. We just had too many loses on offense and defense. We need pics. Rebuilding mode. To bad Rex stays

#5 User is offline   bluelinecop Icon

• 04 L.F. Award/05 Best Mod Award/06 Best Sig Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

Bucs send 1st in 2013 and conditional 4th in 2014 that could be 3rd to Jets??? So f***ing aggravated right now. I felt he needed to be traded but we got fleeced.
Fifteen years ago after an especially disappointing loss to Miami, Esiason, then the Jets' quarterback, was making the seven-mile drive from the Meadowlands back to Manhattan.
While he was slogging through stop-and-go traffic at the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel, the car next to him was violently rear-ended. The quarterback threw his car into park, hopped out and ran to the woman whose car had been hit. She was wearing, of all things, an Esiason jersey, and was utterly shocked when he tapped on her window to check on her.
"Are you OK?" he said, trying to keep calm. "Are you OK?"
"Boomer? Is that you?" she asked the Good Samaritan, sounding disoriented. "I think I'm OK, but . ... "
But what?
"But you guys sucked."
Welcome to the New York Jets, Tim Tebow.

http://modernworldphotography.com/
http://fineartameric...dos-santos.html

#6 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

View PostChaos, on 21 April 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

NONE of it is guaranteed.

That's going to get overlooked a lot in all of this.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#7 User is offline   bluelinecop Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

Posted Image
Fifteen years ago after an especially disappointing loss to Miami, Esiason, then the Jets' quarterback, was making the seven-mile drive from the Meadowlands back to Manhattan.
While he was slogging through stop-and-go traffic at the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel, the car next to him was violently rear-ended. The quarterback threw his car into park, hopped out and ran to the woman whose car had been hit. She was wearing, of all things, an Esiason jersey, and was utterly shocked when he tapped on her window to check on her.
"Boomer? Is that you?" she asked the Good Samaritan, sounding disoriented. "I think I'm OK, but . ... "
But what?
"But you guys sucked."

#8 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

So correct me if I'm wrong, we got two picks in return for a future Hall of Fame player? One this year and one next year and that's it?
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.

#9 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

The third round pick is based on if he's on the Bucs roster or not. Jets are getting the third no matter what.

#10 User is offline   bluelinecop Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

Seriously am I the only person disgusted with this trade?

Off Topic: Reg83ny I'm glad you're ok after everything that went on up there bro.
But what?
"But you guys sucked."

#11 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

@RichCimini Revis contract breakdown: $1.5M roster bonus, $1.5M workout bonus, $13M base + $16M cap. Every year for 6 years, per source.

@RichCimini 4th rounder in '13 becomes a third rounder if he's on roster on 3rd day of 2014 league year, per @nyjets.

#12 User is offline   Displacednewyorker Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

He would have never accepted "no monies guaranteed" from the Jets.

Hey look, I love what he did as a Jet, and hope he does well in Tampa, but deep down inside this had to take place.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

View Postbluelinecop, on 21 April 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

Seriously am I the only person disgusted with this trade?

Off Topic: Reg83ny I'm glad you're ok after everything that went on up there bro.

Im disgusted also. Shit ain't sitting well with me at all

#14 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

View Postreg83ny, on 21 April 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

The 4th rd could be a 3rd based on performance. This had to get done. Draft in a few days. Just could not keep him. We just had too many loses on offense and defense. We need pics. Rebuilding mode. To bad Rex stays

Am I wrong here or what? Shouldn't the jets (assuming they were hell bent on moving him) have waited until the first 5 or 6 picks were off the board to be sure there were 2 guys available that we really liked?? I think we got fleeced too. The most talented jet EVER for what we got? I hope they aren't planning on packaging the 9th and 13th to move up.

What are the odds that either pick becomes a perennial pro bowl player much less the best to ever play the position?

#15 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

View PostDisplacednewyorker, on 21 April 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

deep down inside this had to take place.

Why is that? I disagree; we are going to be lucky to win 4 games this year. Also, the few jets that remain and are good (Wilk, Coples, Cro, etc) are going to want to stay in new york because?

#16 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

Good job by Idzik in my opinion although I would've preferred to get NEXT year's 1st, 3rd & 5th, but at least we got a 1st & 3rd rather than only a 3rd.

Revis gets his 16 million per season and we get the extra draft pick on top of the 3rd we would've been stuck with if he walked after this season. He'll never see all of the $96 million though considering he'll miss no less than 3 games this season with hammy issues or end his career by week 4 with another ACL injury.

Either way.......I'm just glad its over to the mad Revis love can finally end until Week 1 of the season.

I do have a question for 99, Harlem & the others that are sooooo pissed off about this. Who you gonna be rooting for come Week 1 of the season? The TEAM or Revis?
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#17 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

you're a clown
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 21 April 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

I do have a question for 99, Harlem & the others that are sooooo pissed off about this. Who you gonna be rooting for come Week 1 of the season? The TEAM or Revis?

We're going to be to busy saying I told you so after Sanchez throws his first interception.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#19 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

greedy bastard jerkoff street thug taking $0 guaranteed money
Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 21 April 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

greedy bastard jerkoff street thug taking $0 guaranteed money

Thank you. So greedy. And we lost him for two picks. Hurray for 10 more years of mediocrity
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users