NYJetsFan.com Forums: San Francisco 49Ers Could Look To Trade Up In Nfl Draft - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:47 PM) dat Chelsea tight butt hole
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) 0-0
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (22 April 2014 - 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:47 PM) Tanaka looks good so far
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:45 PM) The title race is REAL
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:36 PM) Teh Raptors!!!!!!!!!!
canuckfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) Let's go Habs!
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:18 AM) Pineda looks good so far
santana Icon : (Today, 07:18 AM) Pineda solid pro
santana Icon : (Today, 07:19 AM) Pineda went Boston strong on Boston
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:57 AM) He has, except he is stupid for putting the shit on his neck. He has to hide that better.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:14 AM) @Bischoff_Scott: Per a source, the #Lions are having discussions about moving #Suh before the draft to move up as high as possible in the first round.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:14 AM) now that would be a fairly big move
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:46 AM) If they trade Suh to get Watkins, I would laugh. That doesn't really make their team better, they already have a high yardage passing attack
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:47 AM) They have the best WR in football and they signed Tate who will be a excellent #2 to Johnson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:53 AM) too many smokes screens. f*** the extra 2 weeks of this shit, the draft should be tonight!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:04 PM) The media is so dumb, Jon Gieger Revis' best friend tweets a pic from the Jets website and says it's revis, and all of the media goes along with it making fun of the Jets when it was really Jeremy Kerleyr.
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

San Francisco 49Ers Could Look To Trade Up In Nfl Draft

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,539
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:26 AM

San Francisco 49ers could look to trade up in NFL draft
Apr
22
4/22/2013 10:06:15 AM
Share on email Share on print Share on twitter Share on facebook Share on myspace Share on stumbleupon Share on digg | More Sharing ServicesMore

The 49ers are at No. 31 overall, have 13 draft picks, including two selections each in Rounds 2-5. Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports reports it's believed by at least one GM that the Niners are interested in moving up to the 13th or 14th overall pick. There is no way that the 49ers can keep more than five or six new draft picks with the way the team is structured right now.

Expect GM Trent Baalke to either trade up or trade out for picks in the future. The talk around the league is that the 49ers would like to get a defensive lineman who can eventually step in for veteran Justin Smith. The team also needs a safety, No. 2 tight end and could use an impact corner. All of that is possible.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,450
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

The way Tampa Bay just worked us, I'm scared that Idzik is going to give up the #9 and the #13 pick for the 9ers 2nd rounder and a chance to have Ted Ginn come to his nephews birthday party.
0

#3 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 285
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 22 April 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

The way Tampa Bay just worked us, I'm scared that Idzik is going to give up the #9 and the #13 pick for the 9ers 2nd rounder and a chance to have Ted Ginn come to his nephews birthday party.


Worth reading: http://www.nypost.co...I#axzz2RE0gEFs5

2. A lot has been made of what the Jets got in return for Revis. The word "only" has been thrown around a lot with the Jets getting a first-rounder this year and what will probably be a third-rounder next year from the Bucs.

Personally, I would have tried harder to negotiate with Revis and get that asking price lower. It seems once the Jets heard he wanted $16 million per year, they punted. The scars of previous negotiations with Revis' agents, Neil Schwartz and Jonathan Feinsod, are still fresh with the Jets, even with Tannenbaum gone. This goes all the way back to Pete Kendall, who also was represented by Schwartz and Feinsod.

I would have tried to appeal to Revis personally that the Jets wanted to keep him but could not afford to field a competitive team if they paid him what he was asking. Point out what Tom Brady did for the Patriots, appeal to the team player in Revis. If he stuck with $16 million, then you'd have to move on.

In an ideal situation, you'd like to get a lot more for your best player, but this was far from an ideal situation. The combination of Revis' asking price and questions about his left knee scared off every team but the Buccaneers. I think Idzik did about as well as he could have with no other team in the bidding. It is clear Idzik pushed it as long as he could, waiting for another team to enter the mix and never got one.

This trade had to be made once the Jets decided not to pay Revis. They could not risk allowing him to walk as a free agent. Imagine the reaction if he signed with the Patriots and all the Jets received was a 2015 compensatory pick? That would have been a disaster.

The default position has become to immediately rip the Jets, and they have brought a lot of that upon themselves with years of mismanagement. But, in this case, I think Idzik did as well as anyone could have.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,539
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 22 April 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

Worth reading: http://www.nypost.co...I#axzz2RE0gEFs5

2. A lot has been made of what the Jets got in return for Revis. The word "only" has been thrown around a lot with the Jets getting a first-rounder this year and what will probably be a third-rounder next year from the Bucs.

Personally, I would have tried harder to negotiate with Revis and get that asking price lower. It seems once the Jets heard he wanted $16 million per year, they punted. The scars of previous negotiations with Revis' agents, Neil Schwartz and Jonathan Feinsod, are still fresh with the Jets, even with Tannenbaum gone. This goes all the way back to Pete Kendall, who also was represented by Schwartz and Feinsod.

I would have tried to appeal to Revis personally that the Jets wanted to keep him but could not afford to field a competitive team if they paid him what he was asking. Point out what Tom Brady did for the Patriots, appeal to the team player in Revis. If he stuck with $16 million, then you'd have to move on.

In an ideal situation, you'd like to get a lot more for your best player, but this was far from an ideal situation. The combination of Revis' asking price and questions about his left knee scared off every team but the Buccaneers. I think Idzik did about as well as he could have with no other team in the bidding. It is clear Idzik pushed it as long as he could, waiting for another team to enter the mix and never got one.

This trade had to be made once the Jets decided not to pay Revis. They could not risk allowing him to walk as a free agent. Imagine the reaction if he signed with the Patriots and all the Jets received was a 2015 compensatory pick? That would have been a disaster.

The default position has become to immediately rip the Jets, and they have brought a lot of that upon themselves with years of mismanagement. But, in this case, I think Idzik did as well as anyone could have.


that article is dumb. The truth is idzik had no intentions of keeping revis. period.
Day 1 he walked in, knowing the situation with revis, and he gave him the cold shoulder, if i'm idzik and i know my star players has 1 year left, is unhappy with the deal, and is recovering from an injury, first thing i do is reach out and find ot what he is thinking and what he wants from the jets. idzik didn't even try. he overplayed his hand. he isolated revis and figured he'd get tons of offers, then the only one who made an offer was TB so he was stuck by his own ignorance and had to make a deal
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#5 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,693
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 22 April 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

that article is dumb. The truth is idzik had no intentions of keeping revis. period.
Day 1 he walked in, knowing the situation with revis, and he gave him the cold shoulder, if i'm idzik and i know my star players has 1 year left, is unhappy with the deal, and is recovering from an injury, first thing i do is reach out and find ot what he is thinking and what he wants from the jets. idzik didn't even try. he overplayed his hand. he isolated revis and figured he'd get tons of offers, then the only one who made an offer was TB so he was stuck by his own ignorance and had to make a deal


Come on 115, you don't know "the truth". Unless you're actually an employee of the jets FO, in which case I have to wonder about the business ethics of you being on this board.
Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 285
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 22 April 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

that article is dumb. The truth is idzik had no intentions of keeping revis. period.
Day 1 he walked in, knowing the situation with revis, and he gave him the cold shoulder, if i'm idzik and i know my star players has 1 year left, is unhappy with the deal, and is recovering from an injury, first thing i do is reach out and find ot what he is thinking and what he wants from the jets. idzik didn't even try. he overplayed his hand. he isolated revis and figured he'd get tons of offers, then the only one who made an offer was TB so he was stuck by his own ignorance and had to make a deal


Whether you wanted the Jets to keep him or trade him, whether or not you think a team should pay a CB $16 million, whether you love or loathe Idzik as a result of this trade... what Revis wanted was $16 million per year.

It's not debatable. Unless of course you want to spin facts to fit your narrative. In that case, he would have taken $12-13 million from the Jets.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,539
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 22 April 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

Come on 115, you don't know "the truth". Unless you're actually an employee of the jets FO, in which case I have to wonder about the business ethics of you being on this board.


I think it was pretty clear that idzik isolated revis, and didn't let him know what was going on and used lines like :for now he is a jet and we want him" while trying to deal him.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,539
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

View Postsexyrexy, on 22 April 2013 - 02:48 PM, said:

Whether you wanted the Jets to keep him or trade him, whether or not you think a team should pay a CB $16 million, whether you love or loathe Idzik as a result of this trade... what Revis wanted was $16 million per year.

It's not debatable. Unless of course you want to spin facts to fit your narrative. In that case, he would have taken $12-13 million from the Jets.


and he took 0 guaranteed money form TB just to get away from us. we could have offered him more guaranteed but less per year. you never know. revis is a business man. he is one of the smarter NFL players. Even if he was going to tarde im, at least have the curtesy to tell him you are shopping him
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#9 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,765
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 April 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

I think it was pretty clear that idzik isolated revis, and didn't let him know what was going on and used lines like :for now he is a jet and we want him" while trying to deal him.


Why do you think that? Because of some media quotes?
Posted Image
0

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,539
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 23 April 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

Why do you think that? Because of some media quotes?


revis flay out said that idzik was ignoring him and leaving him out of the loop. also look at the ESPN article i just posted
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#11 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,954
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

I would consider doing it. If we can get pick #31, 34, and maybe try to squeeze out a 3rd or 4th. The 49ers don't need that many picks, they don't haev the roster spots for it. They will trade up for a difference maker that can help them win the SB.

Though I would like Tavon Austin on the Jets...
Posted Image
0

#12 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,765
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 April 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

revis flay out said that idzik was ignoring him and leaving him out of the loop. also look at the ESPN article i just posted

Did he reach out to other players who were cut or not resigned? Revis expects to be treated like a god. Why should he be treated different?
Posted Image
0

#13 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,539
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 23 April 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

Did he reach out to other players who were cut or not resigned? Revis expects to be treated like a god. Why should he be treated different?


Because he is better, because he is an elite one of a kind player. those players do deserve more attention
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#14 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,765
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 April 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

Because he is better, because he is an elite one of a kind player. those players do deserve more attention

Great message to send to the other 52 guys. What if they all thought they were elite?
Posted Image
0

#15 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,539
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 23 April 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

Great message to send to the other 52 guys. What if they all thought they were elite?


doesn't make them right, they can walk. revis is a unique talent. shouldn't just let him go.

sanchez gets babied
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#16 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,693
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 April 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

doesn't make them right, they can walk. revis is a unique talent. shouldn't just let him go.

sanchez gets babied


And look how that's turned out for the Jets...a bloated contract they can't get rid of...
Posted Image
0

#17 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,539
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 23 April 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

And look how that's turned out for the Jets...a bloated contract they can't get rid of...


difference is sanchez isn't top 5. peyton maning got babaied, tom brady got babaied, brees, got babaied, rodgers got babied, shit even romo got babied and Joe flacco. point is you do give extra attention to your star players and yes i know those are all QBs so also

Adrian Peterson, Larry fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Asomougha, Etc all got special attention
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#18 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,693
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 April 2013 - 04:22 PM, said:

difference is sanchez isn't top 5. peyton maning got babaied, tom brady got babaied, brees, got babaied, rodgers got babied, shit even romo got babied and Joe flacco. point is you do give extra attention to your star players and yes i know those are all QBs so also

Adrian Peterson, Larry fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Asomougha, Etc all got special attention


How did they get special attention?
Posted Image
0

#19 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,539
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 23 April 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

How did they get special attention?


Gm made it a point to reach out to them before their deale expired, and tell them they were gonna keep them and negotiate with them.

our GM ignored our star player like he was his ex wife asking for money
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#20 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,693
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 24 April 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

Gm made it a point to reach out to them before their deale expired, and tell them they were gonna keep them and negotiate with them.

our GM ignored our star player like he was his ex wife asking for money


Oh I forgot...you've got hidden cameras and microphones in every GM's office. :beach:
Posted Image
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users