NYJetsFan.com Forums: San Francisco 49Ers Could Look To Trade Up In Nfl Draft - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets UNDEFEATED!!!
bleedsgreen Icon : (Today, 06:43 PM) I'm so f***ing mad this is the usual bullshit
canuckfan Icon : (Today, 06:43 PM) we should have been awarded the TD
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:43 PM) for f***ing us in the ass without lube
FlyHiJets Icon : (Today, 06:44 PM) game over
bleedsgreen Icon : (Today, 06:44 PM) Unfucking believable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:45 PM) I can't wait to hear this post-game presser by Rex
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:45 PM) I hope he rips Marty a new asshole
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:45 PM) yeah cause Rex has perfectly coached many a games
canuckfan Icon : (Today, 06:45 PM) morningwheeg what an idiot....hope re4x throws him under the bus during the presser
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:45 PM) you want the NFL to say sorry and you want Morningwig canned. You're a clown
bleedsgreen Icon : (Today, 06:45 PM) Gotta give credit to greenbay. That's a good football team
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 06:46 PM) f*** an apology. It's not going to change anything in the standings which is what matters at the end of the season.
FlyHiJets Icon : (Today, 06:46 PM) definitely reminds me of AFC Championship in Denver
canuckfan Icon : (Today, 06:46 PM) marty ranks up there with bittfumble
canuckfan Icon : (Today, 06:47 PM) buttfumble
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 06:47 PM) The should have made sure he knew who was calling the time out. Hell Rex was on his right and Marty was on his left.
mgjetman Icon : (Today, 06:47 PM) Getting lazy with a minute 50 on the clock before half was the nail in the coffin.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 06:48 PM) The ref
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 06:49 PM) There is plenty of blame to spread around. No team should lose a 17 point lead anyway.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:50 PM) DUDS - Miliner and Marty
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:50 PM) BRUTAL LOSS
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 06:52 PM) I really don't blame Marty because it's the refs job to make sure he sees who is calling the timeout. Plus the ball had already been snapped before he even noticed somebody was calling a TO.
mgjetman Icon : (Today, 06:53 PM) Just gave that game away. WTH!!!
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 06:54 PM) He didn't even blow the whistle until Geno already had dropped back to pass. The play was already well underway.
bleedsgreen Icon : (Today, 07:03 PM) I heard it when the ball was already in the air
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) but it shouldn't of come down to that TO blunder
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) we did give up a 18 point lead
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) so we fucked up and lost
bleedsgreen Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) True
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) time to get ready for MNF
santana Icon : (Today, 07:09 PM) Well it sucks when you start to feel the jets are going to lose the game them selves
santana Icon : (Today, 07:09 PM) the Vick play worthless
santana Icon : (Today, 07:09 PM) that run on 3rd and 5 worthless
santana Icon : (Today, 07:09 PM) chris Johnson also I don't know what his numbers were but ivory seemed to be a better back
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:13 PM) Marty just picks the worse time to call those wildcat plays
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:13 PM) they are drive killers
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 07:27 PM) Problem is the corners. We knew this before the start of the season. I was amazed at how well they did last week and the first half but eventually the weakness showed
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 07:28 PM) The corner positions will be addressed next year. Technically we are still in a rebuilding phase.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:39 PM) we did go toe to toe against a SB contender and we really shouldn't be heartbroken but if you call yourself a JETS fan and aren't a little pissed over a W that we had in our control then you need to go and hand in your JETS gear ... I'm looking at you 115
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:24 PM) 18 penalties in 2 games
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:25 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 08:27 PM) Geno dropped from #1 to #28 in TOTAL QBR
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:10 PM) Cutler just got popped right in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:11 PM) that was a squared up right in the middle of the chest hit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:13 PM) nice one handed catch by Marshall
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

San Francisco 49Ers Could Look To Trade Up In Nfl Draft

#1 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:26 AM

San Francisco 49ers could look to trade up in NFL draft
Apr
4/22/2013 10:06:15 AM
Share on email Share on print Share on twitter Share on facebook Share on myspace Share on stumbleupon Share on digg | More Sharing ServicesMore

The 49ers are at No. 31 overall, have 13 draft picks, including two selections each in Rounds 2-5. Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports reports it's believed by at least one GM that the Niners are interested in moving up to the 13th or 14th overall pick. There is no way that the 49ers can keep more than five or six new draft picks with the way the team is structured right now.

Expect GM Trent Baalke to either trade up or trade out for picks in the future. The talk around the league is that the 49ers would like to get a defensive lineman who can eventually step in for veteran Justin Smith. The team also needs a safety, No. 2 tight end and could use an impact corner. All of that is possible.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

The way Tampa Bay just worked us, I'm scared that Idzik is going to give up the #9 and the #13 pick for the 9ers 2nd rounder and a chance to have Ted Ginn come to his nephews birthday party.

#3 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 22 April 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

The way Tampa Bay just worked us, I'm scared that Idzik is going to give up the #9 and the #13 pick for the 9ers 2nd rounder and a chance to have Ted Ginn come to his nephews birthday party.

Worth reading: http://www.nypost.co...I#axzz2RE0gEFs5

2. A lot has been made of what the Jets got in return for Revis. The word "only" has been thrown around a lot with the Jets getting a first-rounder this year and what will probably be a third-rounder next year from the Bucs.

Personally, I would have tried harder to negotiate with Revis and get that asking price lower. It seems once the Jets heard he wanted $16 million per year, they punted. The scars of previous negotiations with Revis' agents, Neil Schwartz and Jonathan Feinsod, are still fresh with the Jets, even with Tannenbaum gone. This goes all the way back to Pete Kendall, who also was represented by Schwartz and Feinsod.

I would have tried to appeal to Revis personally that the Jets wanted to keep him but could not afford to field a competitive team if they paid him what he was asking. Point out what Tom Brady did for the Patriots, appeal to the team player in Revis. If he stuck with $16 million, then you'd have to move on.

In an ideal situation, you'd like to get a lot more for your best player, but this was far from an ideal situation. The combination of Revis' asking price and questions about his left knee scared off every team but the Buccaneers. I think Idzik did about as well as he could have with no other team in the bidding. It is clear Idzik pushed it as long as he could, waiting for another team to enter the mix and never got one.

This trade had to be made once the Jets decided not to pay Revis. They could not risk allowing him to walk as a free agent. Imagine the reaction if he signed with the Patriots and all the Jets received was a 2015 compensatory pick? That would have been a disaster.

The default position has become to immediately rip the Jets, and they have brought a lot of that upon themselves with years of mismanagement. But, in this case, I think Idzik did as well as anyone could have.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#4 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 22 April 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

Worth reading: http://www.nypost.co...I#axzz2RE0gEFs5

2. A lot has been made of what the Jets got in return for Revis. The word "only" has been thrown around a lot with the Jets getting a first-rounder this year and what will probably be a third-rounder next year from the Bucs.

Personally, I would have tried harder to negotiate with Revis and get that asking price lower. It seems once the Jets heard he wanted $16 million per year, they punted. The scars of previous negotiations with Revis' agents, Neil Schwartz and Jonathan Feinsod, are still fresh with the Jets, even with Tannenbaum gone. This goes all the way back to Pete Kendall, who also was represented by Schwartz and Feinsod.

I would have tried to appeal to Revis personally that the Jets wanted to keep him but could not afford to field a competitive team if they paid him what he was asking. Point out what Tom Brady did for the Patriots, appeal to the team player in Revis. If he stuck with $16 million, then you'd have to move on.

In an ideal situation, you'd like to get a lot more for your best player, but this was far from an ideal situation. The combination of Revis' asking price and questions about his left knee scared off every team but the Buccaneers. I think Idzik did about as well as he could have with no other team in the bidding. It is clear Idzik pushed it as long as he could, waiting for another team to enter the mix and never got one.

This trade had to be made once the Jets decided not to pay Revis. They could not risk allowing him to walk as a free agent. Imagine the reaction if he signed with the Patriots and all the Jets received was a 2015 compensatory pick? That would have been a disaster.

The default position has become to immediately rip the Jets, and they have brought a lot of that upon themselves with years of mismanagement. But, in this case, I think Idzik did as well as anyone could have.

that article is dumb. The truth is idzik had no intentions of keeping revis. period.
Day 1 he walked in, knowing the situation with revis, and he gave him the cold shoulder, if i'm idzik and i know my star players has 1 year left, is unhappy with the deal, and is recovering from an injury, first thing i do is reach out and find ot what he is thinking and what he wants from the jets. idzik didn't even try. he overplayed his hand. he isolated revis and figured he'd get tons of offers, then the only one who made an offer was TB so he was stuck by his own ignorance and had to make a deal
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 22 April 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

that article is dumb. The truth is idzik had no intentions of keeping revis. period.
Day 1 he walked in, knowing the situation with revis, and he gave him the cold shoulder, if i'm idzik and i know my star players has 1 year left, is unhappy with the deal, and is recovering from an injury, first thing i do is reach out and find ot what he is thinking and what he wants from the jets. idzik didn't even try. he overplayed his hand. he isolated revis and figured he'd get tons of offers, then the only one who made an offer was TB so he was stuck by his own ignorance and had to make a deal

Come on 115, you don't know "the truth". Unless you're actually an employee of the jets FO, in which case I have to wonder about the business ethics of you being on this board.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 22 April 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

Whether you wanted the Jets to keep him or trade him, whether or not you think a team should pay a CB $16 million, whether you love or loathe Idzik as a result of this trade... what Revis wanted was $16 million per year.

It's not debatable. Unless of course you want to spin facts to fit your narrative. In that case, he would have taken $12-13 million from the Jets.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#7 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 22 April 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

Come on 115, you don't know "the truth". Unless you're actually an employee of the jets FO, in which case I have to wonder about the business ethics of you being on this board.

I think it was pretty clear that idzik isolated revis, and didn't let him know what was going on and used lines like :for now he is a jet and we want him" while trying to deal him.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#8 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

View Postsexyrexy, on 22 April 2013 - 02:48 PM, said:

Whether you wanted the Jets to keep him or trade him, whether or not you think a team should pay a CB $16 million, whether you love or loathe Idzik as a result of this trade... what Revis wanted was $16 million per year.

It's not debatable. Unless of course you want to spin facts to fit your narrative. In that case, he would have taken $12-13 million from the Jets.

and he took 0 guaranteed money form TB just to get away from us. we could have offered him more guaranteed but less per year. you never know. revis is a business man. he is one of the smarter NFL players. Even if he was going to tarde im, at least have the curtesy to tell him you are shopping him
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 April 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

I think it was pretty clear that idzik isolated revis, and didn't let him know what was going on and used lines like :for now he is a jet and we want him" while trying to deal him.

Why do you think that? Because of some media quotes?
Posted Image

#10 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 23 April 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

Why do you think that? Because of some media quotes?

revis flay out said that idzik was ignoring him and leaving him out of the loop. also look at the ESPN article i just posted
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

I would consider doing it. If we can get pick #31, 34, and maybe try to squeeze out a 3rd or 4th. The 49ers don't need that many picks, they don't haev the roster spots for it. They will trade up for a difference maker that can help them win the SB.

Though I would like Tavon Austin on the Jets...
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 April 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

revis flay out said that idzik was ignoring him and leaving him out of the loop. also look at the ESPN article i just posted

Did he reach out to other players who were cut or not resigned? Revis expects to be treated like a god. Why should he be treated different?
Posted Image

#13 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 23 April 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

Did he reach out to other players who were cut or not resigned? Revis expects to be treated like a god. Why should he be treated different?

Because he is better, because he is an elite one of a kind player. those players do deserve more attention
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 April 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

Because he is better, because he is an elite one of a kind player. those players do deserve more attention

Great message to send to the other 52 guys. What if they all thought they were elite?
Posted Image

#15 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 23 April 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

Great message to send to the other 52 guys. What if they all thought they were elite?

doesn't make them right, they can walk. revis is a unique talent. shouldn't just let him go.

sanchez gets babied
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 April 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

doesn't make them right, they can walk. revis is a unique talent. shouldn't just let him go.

sanchez gets babied

And look how that's turned out for the Jets...a bloated contract they can't get rid of...
Posted Image

#17 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 23 April 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

And look how that's turned out for the Jets...a bloated contract they can't get rid of...

difference is sanchez isn't top 5. peyton maning got babaied, tom brady got babaied, brees, got babaied, rodgers got babied, shit even romo got babied and Joe flacco. point is you do give extra attention to your star players and yes i know those are all QBs so also

Adrian Peterson, Larry fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Asomougha, Etc all got special attention
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 April 2013 - 04:22 PM, said:

difference is sanchez isn't top 5. peyton maning got babaied, tom brady got babaied, brees, got babaied, rodgers got babied, shit even romo got babied and Joe flacco. point is you do give extra attention to your star players and yes i know those are all QBs so also

Adrian Peterson, Larry fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Asomougha, Etc all got special attention

How did they get special attention?
Posted Image

#19 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 23 April 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

How did they get special attention?

Gm made it a point to reach out to them before their deale expired, and tell them they were gonna keep them and negotiate with them.

our GM ignored our star player like he was his ex wife asking for money
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 24 April 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

Gm made it a point to reach out to them before their deale expired, and tell them they were gonna keep them and negotiate with them.

our GM ignored our star player like he was his ex wife asking for money

Oh I forgot...you've got hidden cameras and microphones in every GM's office. :beach:
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users