NYJetsFan.com Forums: San Francisco 49Ers Could Look To Trade Up In Nfl Draft - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

THREE MORE SPOTS FOR FANTASY FOOTBALL: http://nyjetsfan.com...ndpost&p=356805
Jetsfan115 Icon : (15 June 2015 - 09:44 AM) he was only making 5.5 million this year. we can give him 10 mil signing bonus onf a 5 year deal and a low base salary (like 3 mil a year) it'll average out to 5 mil a year, but he'll get 13 million this year (more then double) and will cost 5 mil a year against the cap for the rest of the deal
2JBallar01 Icon : (15 June 2015 - 02:17 PM) Any news on Mathis at all? Haven't heard anything since his release.
2JBallar01 Icon : (15 June 2015 - 02:17 PM) Also, Sam Baker was cut today as well
santana Icon : (16 June 2015 - 04:52 PM) Titans releasing RB Shonn Greene
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 June 2015 - 10:40 PM) TEH WARRIORS
santana Icon : (16 June 2015 - 11:08 PM) This trophy ceremony awkward as fuck I had to turn it off
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 June 2015 - 08:02 PM) It really was. It was more Doris Burke interviewing the Warriors than it was a trophy ceremony. Plus Adam Silver forgot to hand the Warriors owner the trophy after he was done talking to the crowd.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 June 2015 - 08:03 PM) R.I.P. Stuart Scott
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 June 2015 - 10:05 PM) FIRE SILVER
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 June 2015 - 10:05 PM) FIRE BURKE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 June 2015 - 06:27 PM) THE A-ROD!!
santana Icon : (26 June 2015 - 12:19 PM) god damn week no activity in here
santana Icon : (26 June 2015 - 12:20 PM) might have to chop this table up into fire wood
santana Icon : (26 June 2015 - 12:26 PM) FIRE WOOD!
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 June 2015 - 05:54 PM) Kristaps Porzingis???
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 June 2015 - 05:55 PM) You'd think Isiah Thomas was still running the Knicks last night.
santana Icon : (27 June 2015 - 07:30 PM) Lol yeah no clue about those names
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 June 2015 - 10:10 AM) Is there any chance that Porzingis ends up being good?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 June 2015 - 10:10 AM) I'm guessing he won't be the next Pau Gasol or Dirk Nowviski
Mr_Jet Icon : (28 June 2015 - 11:41 AM) You never know, he could be as good as Gasol brothers or Dirk. Honestly the Knicks picking at #4 did the same thing the 3 teams picking ahead of them did. Picked a 19 year who could go boom or bust.
Mr_Jet Icon : (28 June 2015 - 11:45 AM) Porzingis seems to have the "I'm going to prove them wrong" type of attitude needed to overcome people's doubts about him. Hopefully he'll have the work ethic that goes along with that attitude.
azjetfan Icon : (28 June 2015 - 10:17 PM) In other news I decided to shave the dome. Since the hair was falling out anyway I figured I would show it who's boss
santana Icon : (29 June 2015 - 01:11 PM) Deisel up shave the dome
Mr_Jet Icon : (29 June 2015 - 04:49 PM) Welcome home.
azjetfan Icon : (29 June 2015 - 08:59 PM) I feel fast.
azjetfan Icon : (01 July 2015 - 07:53 PM) Shot an 86 today. Personal best.
santana Icon : (01 July 2015 - 08:19 PM) well done
santana Icon : (01 July 2015 - 08:19 PM) im going to play friday
blk_orion Icon : (02 July 2015 - 08:57 AM) play what? golf?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 July 2015 - 01:16 PM) Sheldon Richardson suspended 4 game for substance abuse.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (02 July 2015 - 01:16 PM) f***
ganggreen2003 Icon : (02 July 2015 - 06:15 PM) DAMNIT TO f***ing HELL!!!!
azjetfan Icon : (02 July 2015 - 07:46 PM) Yup. Golf. I'm ready to take on Tiger. Mid season form. For what ever reason I am hitting the driver great. 280 and fairly controlled. I'm playing again Saturday.
santana Icon : (02 July 2015 - 07:55 PM) tiger shot a 66 today didnt he easy course though
santana Icon : (02 July 2015 - 07:55 PM) things were going too well for the jets this off season
MikeGangGree... Icon : (02 July 2015 - 10:33 PM) Well I guess Williams will be starting in opening day now
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 July 2015 - 09:34 PM) WOW homerun derby was awesome!!
santana Icon : (14 July 2015 - 03:56 PM) I missed it frown face
MikeGangGree... Icon : (23 July 2015 - 09:35 PM) WOOOOOOO
SecondHandJets Icon : (25 July 2015 - 10:24 PM) CONFORTO > TROUT, JUST ACCEPT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
santana Icon : (28 July 2015 - 10:52 AM) blasphemy
azjetfan Icon : (28 July 2015 - 01:37 PM) Brady suspension upheld
Chaos Icon : (Today, 05:55 PM) https://twitter.com/...885423357390848
Chaos Icon : (Today, 05:56 PM) God dammit Richardson. Jets need to pay Mo. Richardson is turning into a huge liability.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:17 PM) good thing we drafted williams. thats why you take BPA
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

San Francisco 49Ers Could Look To Trade Up In Nfl Draft

#1 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,767
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:26 AM

San Francisco 49ers could look to trade up in NFL draft
Apr
22
4/22/2013 10:06:15 AM
Share on email Share on print Share on twitter Share on facebook Share on myspace Share on stumbleupon Share on digg | More Sharing ServicesMore

The 49ers are at No. 31 overall, have 13 draft picks, including two selections each in Rounds 2-5. Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports reports it's believed by at least one GM that the Niners are interested in moving up to the 13th or 14th overall pick. There is no way that the 49ers can keep more than five or six new draft picks with the way the team is structured right now.

Expect GM Trent Baalke to either trade up or trade out for picks in the future. The talk around the league is that the 49ers would like to get a defensive lineman who can eventually step in for veteran Justin Smith. The team also needs a safety, No. 2 tight end and could use an impact corner. All of that is possible.
0

#2 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,491
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

The way Tampa Bay just worked us, I'm scared that Idzik is going to give up the #9 and the #13 pick for the 9ers 2nd rounder and a chance to have Ted Ginn come to his nephews birthday party.
0

#3 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 291
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 22 April 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

The way Tampa Bay just worked us, I'm scared that Idzik is going to give up the #9 and the #13 pick for the 9ers 2nd rounder and a chance to have Ted Ginn come to his nephews birthday party.


Worth reading: http://www.nypost.co...I#axzz2RE0gEFs5

2. A lot has been made of what the Jets got in return for Revis. The word "only" has been thrown around a lot with the Jets getting a first-rounder this year and what will probably be a third-rounder next year from the Bucs.

Personally, I would have tried harder to negotiate with Revis and get that asking price lower. It seems once the Jets heard he wanted $16 million per year, they punted. The scars of previous negotiations with Revis' agents, Neil Schwartz and Jonathan Feinsod, are still fresh with the Jets, even with Tannenbaum gone. This goes all the way back to Pete Kendall, who also was represented by Schwartz and Feinsod.

I would have tried to appeal to Revis personally that the Jets wanted to keep him but could not afford to field a competitive team if they paid him what he was asking. Point out what Tom Brady did for the Patriots, appeal to the team player in Revis. If he stuck with $16 million, then you'd have to move on.

In an ideal situation, you'd like to get a lot more for your best player, but this was far from an ideal situation. The combination of Revis' asking price and questions about his left knee scared off every team but the Buccaneers. I think Idzik did about as well as he could have with no other team in the bidding. It is clear Idzik pushed it as long as he could, waiting for another team to enter the mix and never got one.

This trade had to be made once the Jets decided not to pay Revis. They could not risk allowing him to walk as a free agent. Imagine the reaction if he signed with the Patriots and all the Jets received was a 2015 compensatory pick? That would have been a disaster.

The default position has become to immediately rip the Jets, and they have brought a lot of that upon themselves with years of mismanagement. But, in this case, I think Idzik did as well as anyone could have.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#4 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,767
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 22 April 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

Worth reading: http://www.nypost.co...I#axzz2RE0gEFs5

2. A lot has been made of what the Jets got in return for Revis. The word "only" has been thrown around a lot with the Jets getting a first-rounder this year and what will probably be a third-rounder next year from the Bucs.

Personally, I would have tried harder to negotiate with Revis and get that asking price lower. It seems once the Jets heard he wanted $16 million per year, they punted. The scars of previous negotiations with Revis' agents, Neil Schwartz and Jonathan Feinsod, are still fresh with the Jets, even with Tannenbaum gone. This goes all the way back to Pete Kendall, who also was represented by Schwartz and Feinsod.

I would have tried to appeal to Revis personally that the Jets wanted to keep him but could not afford to field a competitive team if they paid him what he was asking. Point out what Tom Brady did for the Patriots, appeal to the team player in Revis. If he stuck with $16 million, then you'd have to move on.

In an ideal situation, you'd like to get a lot more for your best player, but this was far from an ideal situation. The combination of Revis' asking price and questions about his left knee scared off every team but the Buccaneers. I think Idzik did about as well as he could have with no other team in the bidding. It is clear Idzik pushed it as long as he could, waiting for another team to enter the mix and never got one.

This trade had to be made once the Jets decided not to pay Revis. They could not risk allowing him to walk as a free agent. Imagine the reaction if he signed with the Patriots and all the Jets received was a 2015 compensatory pick? That would have been a disaster.

The default position has become to immediately rip the Jets, and they have brought a lot of that upon themselves with years of mismanagement. But, in this case, I think Idzik did as well as anyone could have.


that article is dumb. The truth is idzik had no intentions of keeping revis. period.
Day 1 he walked in, knowing the situation with revis, and he gave him the cold shoulder, if i'm idzik and i know my star players has 1 year left, is unhappy with the deal, and is recovering from an injury, first thing i do is reach out and find ot what he is thinking and what he wants from the jets. idzik didn't even try. he overplayed his hand. he isolated revis and figured he'd get tons of offers, then the only one who made an offer was TB so he was stuck by his own ignorance and had to make a deal
0

#5 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,703
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 22 April 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

that article is dumb. The truth is idzik had no intentions of keeping revis. period.
Day 1 he walked in, knowing the situation with revis, and he gave him the cold shoulder, if i'm idzik and i know my star players has 1 year left, is unhappy with the deal, and is recovering from an injury, first thing i do is reach out and find ot what he is thinking and what he wants from the jets. idzik didn't even try. he overplayed his hand. he isolated revis and figured he'd get tons of offers, then the only one who made an offer was TB so he was stuck by his own ignorance and had to make a deal


Come on 115, you don't know "the truth". Unless you're actually an employee of the jets FO, in which case I have to wonder about the business ethics of you being on this board.
Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 291
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 22 April 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

that article is dumb. The truth is idzik had no intentions of keeping revis. period.
Day 1 he walked in, knowing the situation with revis, and he gave him the cold shoulder, if i'm idzik and i know my star players has 1 year left, is unhappy with the deal, and is recovering from an injury, first thing i do is reach out and find ot what he is thinking and what he wants from the jets. idzik didn't even try. he overplayed his hand. he isolated revis and figured he'd get tons of offers, then the only one who made an offer was TB so he was stuck by his own ignorance and had to make a deal


Whether you wanted the Jets to keep him or trade him, whether or not you think a team should pay a CB $16 million, whether you love or loathe Idzik as a result of this trade... what Revis wanted was $16 million per year.

It's not debatable. Unless of course you want to spin facts to fit your narrative. In that case, he would have taken $12-13 million from the Jets.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#7 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,767
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 22 April 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

Come on 115, you don't know "the truth". Unless you're actually an employee of the jets FO, in which case I have to wonder about the business ethics of you being on this board.


I think it was pretty clear that idzik isolated revis, and didn't let him know what was going on and used lines like :for now he is a jet and we want him" while trying to deal him.
0

#8 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,767
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

View Postsexyrexy, on 22 April 2013 - 02:48 PM, said:

Whether you wanted the Jets to keep him or trade him, whether or not you think a team should pay a CB $16 million, whether you love or loathe Idzik as a result of this trade... what Revis wanted was $16 million per year.

It's not debatable. Unless of course you want to spin facts to fit your narrative. In that case, he would have taken $12-13 million from the Jets.


and he took 0 guaranteed money form TB just to get away from us. we could have offered him more guaranteed but less per year. you never know. revis is a business man. he is one of the smarter NFL players. Even if he was going to tarde im, at least have the curtesy to tell him you are shopping him
0

#9 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,157
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 April 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

I think it was pretty clear that idzik isolated revis, and didn't let him know what was going on and used lines like :for now he is a jet and we want him" while trying to deal him.


Why do you think that? Because of some media quotes?
Posted Image
0

#10 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,767
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 23 April 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

Why do you think that? Because of some media quotes?


revis flay out said that idzik was ignoring him and leaving him out of the loop. also look at the ESPN article i just posted
0

#11 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,119
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

I would consider doing it. If we can get pick #31, 34, and maybe try to squeeze out a 3rd or 4th. The 49ers don't need that many picks, they don't haev the roster spots for it. They will trade up for a difference maker that can help them win the SB.

Though I would like Tavon Austin on the Jets...
Posted Image
0

#12 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,157
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 April 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

revis flay out said that idzik was ignoring him and leaving him out of the loop. also look at the ESPN article i just posted

Did he reach out to other players who were cut or not resigned? Revis expects to be treated like a god. Why should he be treated different?
Posted Image
0

#13 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,767
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 23 April 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

Did he reach out to other players who were cut or not resigned? Revis expects to be treated like a god. Why should he be treated different?


Because he is better, because he is an elite one of a kind player. those players do deserve more attention
0

#14 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,157
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 April 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

Because he is better, because he is an elite one of a kind player. those players do deserve more attention

Great message to send to the other 52 guys. What if they all thought they were elite?
Posted Image
0

#15 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,767
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 23 April 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

Great message to send to the other 52 guys. What if they all thought they were elite?


doesn't make them right, they can walk. revis is a unique talent. shouldn't just let him go.

sanchez gets babied
0

#16 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,703
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 April 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

doesn't make them right, they can walk. revis is a unique talent. shouldn't just let him go.

sanchez gets babied


And look how that's turned out for the Jets...a bloated contract they can't get rid of...
Posted Image
0

#17 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,767
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 23 April 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

And look how that's turned out for the Jets...a bloated contract they can't get rid of...


difference is sanchez isn't top 5. peyton maning got babaied, tom brady got babaied, brees, got babaied, rodgers got babied, shit even romo got babied and Joe flacco. point is you do give extra attention to your star players and yes i know those are all QBs so also

Adrian Peterson, Larry fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Asomougha, Etc all got special attention
0

#18 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,703
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 April 2013 - 04:22 PM, said:

difference is sanchez isn't top 5. peyton maning got babaied, tom brady got babaied, brees, got babaied, rodgers got babied, shit even romo got babied and Joe flacco. point is you do give extra attention to your star players and yes i know those are all QBs so also

Adrian Peterson, Larry fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Asomougha, Etc all got special attention


How did they get special attention?
Posted Image
0

#19 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,767
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 23 April 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

How did they get special attention?


Gm made it a point to reach out to them before their deale expired, and tell them they were gonna keep them and negotiate with them.

our GM ignored our star player like he was his ex wife asking for money
0

#20 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,703
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 24 April 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

Gm made it a point to reach out to them before their deale expired, and tell them they were gonna keep them and negotiate with them.

our GM ignored our star player like he was his ex wife asking for money


Oh I forgot...you've got hidden cameras and microphones in every GM's office. :beach:
Posted Image
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users