NYJetsFan.com Forums: Idzik Is A Genius! - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS LACK OF REDZONE OFFENSE STILL CURSING THE DEFENSE
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) well
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) Because we destoy any promise in our young QBs with our elite offensive support talent.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) TIME TO CHANGE THE DIAPER
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) another game next week
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) 3-0 with Sanchez? Oh god...we've gone there already?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) jets need more talent on O
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) and some god damn DBs
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) Morninweg's system is get the offense going then throw a monkey wrench into things by putting the backup QB in there and f***ing up the offense's rhythm.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:50 PM) Yes I went there. Geno spots these teams 7-10 points weekly and has turned the ball in the redzone 3 games in a row. If not for 2 dropped ints geno would have 4 picks. Dude sucks at best
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 PM) Then we got Chris ivory running like marshawn lynch out there and they sit him on the bench the whole fourth quarter
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 PM) I'd like to use the same excuse I used for Sanchez. QB can't really do shit when your best WR would be a #3 if he was lucky on any other team
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 PM) yeah but sanchez was shell shcoked
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 PM) jets werent fixing him
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:53 PM) Geno will be to after another year or two of this shit.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:53 PM) What's kerleys contract like
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:53 PM) because if he's underpaid I don't see him sticking around
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:54 PM) he only looks good because our O is so bad.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:54 PM) I bet a lot of teams have their eye on him
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:56 PM) Decker doesn't need to play until he is completely healthy
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:58 PM) FIRE IDZIK
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:08 PM) How big was the Sheldon Richardson fumble recovery not being a TD. We quickly went three and out after that
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:43 PM) Idzik better not be stingy this offseason and address the biggest issues we have WR and Secondary
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:47 PM) King mo says he's ok, injury is minor
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:21 AM) As a guy who has been on this site since its inception and is still not a moderator which I guess is cause I'm not part of the rat pack who runs this joint I think GENO should still be the starter.
mgjetman Icon : (Today, 10:19 AM) We still could have won this game with the bad calls. Geno just sucks. All the pick six's, missing wide open receivers, bad throws when they are fought. Stupid trick plays because they don't trust him.
santana Icon : (Today, 10:31 AM) I don't get his decision making
santana Icon : (Today, 10:32 AM) There were another 2-3 ints the bears were gifted but were dropped
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:22 AM) f***
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:22 AM) I had a blast at the game... just sucks we lost
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:22 AM) 1-3 when I go se them
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:32 AM) Refs fucked up the fumble for a TD. by calling it down the first time everyone in the stadium saw it as a fumble
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:33 AM) they need to just let them plays play out because they now look at every turnover
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:33 AM) If hes down they could just overturn it on the replay
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 11:33 AM) f*** Holmes to
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 12:22 PM) gg2003 you want to be a mod?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 12:22 PM) You have to go through your initiation
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) Gg03 would be a terrif
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:43 PM) what is the "initiation"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:47 PM) :zz:
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:53 PM) and no I will not say that Idzik needs to be canned cause he doesn't
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 12:54 PM) he just needs to find talent at the CB and WR positions while also improving in positions that are currently our strengths like DL and OL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:30 PM) Fire idzik!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 01:45 PM) Best part of last night was Wayne Chrebet going onto the Ring of Honor
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:04 PM) u think our oline is a strength? did u not see geno getting killed out there?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:04 PM) LG is a shit position, colon is old and nto much left in the tank, brick and mangold are in decline, and brent is a below average RT at best
Resize Shouts Area

  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

Idzik Is A Genius!

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,584
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

purposely destroying the team so we get the 1st overall pick for the next few years. we'll be a good team in 2020


I honestly think dude is on the pats payroll
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,693
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

I'll reserve judgement. I don't think trading a 16 million dollar CB is a bad idea. Who here has seen a championship team built around a CB?
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 3,007
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

Talk about being over dramatic. It comes down to this, Woody and/or Idzik decided that Revis was not going to be a Jet in the future. I agree that a $16 million dollar CB isn't an option but it could have been afforded if they went that route. Though I would rather they have tried to negotiate a lower price and keep Revis, but based on his contract with the Bucs, he wanted $16 million, no ifs ands or buts. With that being said, moving Revis was the best option. Jets options were limited to who they could trade him to and what they could get in return due to his knee injury and the contract demands. Could they have potentially got more if they waited until the season? Yes, but the other side is he may not have recovered and the Jets would have got nothing. It was a risky move, and one that I oppose, but seeing the situation, a move that needed to be made.
0

#4 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

  • TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 4,553
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Beantown...I missed NY

  • MLB:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

This was part of Idzik job description. Trade Revis and accept Rex as the HC. He did both. This is all Woody. He never wanted Revis. Now Idzik can move forward rebuilding the team. That was a Woody decision

0

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,991
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

My god, what are you smoking? Trading Revis wasn't Idzik's decision, that decision was made by Woody Johnson the owner. According to all of the reports. Idzik has done a solid job signing some cheap players with some upside and got rid of the obvious players.

Lets see what he does in the draft now.
Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,240
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

View PostChaos, on 22 April 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

Talk about being over dramatic. It comes down to this, Woody and/or Idzik decided that Revis was not going to be a Jet in the future. I agree that a $16 million dollar CB isn't an option but it could have been afforded if they went that route. Though I would rather they have tried to negotiate a lower price and keep Revis, but based on his contract with the Bucs, he wanted $16 million, no ifs ands or buts. With that being said, moving Revis was the best option. Jets options were limited to who they could trade him to and what they could get in return due to his knee injury and the contract demands. Could they have potentially got more if they waited until the season? Yes, but the other side is he may not have recovered and the Jets would have got nothing. It was a risky move, and one that I oppose, but seeing the situation, a move that needed to be made.



And why did this move need to be made? This move didn't always have to be made. The Jets FO has known since the beginning of the 2010 season that Revis' contract was up in 2014. They could have tried to sign him beyond 2014 after the 2010 season, or after the 2011 season. This "Revis contract expiring in 2014" situation didn't just catch them by surprise. The Jets FO had almost 26 months since the Jets 2010 season ended to sign Revis beyond 2014 and they didn't do it. No during that 26 months they chose to do things like give Wayne Hunter and Mark Sanchez both contract extensions and of course trade for Tim Tebow. So if the Jets FO (and I'm talking mostly about Woody Johnson here) found themselves in the situation where they had to trade Revis, it's because they created that situation. All of this could have been avoided as early as 26 months ago.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,584
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

trading revis didn't need to be done. also when you paying your QB who is bottom 3 in the NFL 12 million, but you don't want to pay your CB who is the best in the NFL 16 mil?" thats ass backwards logic. And revis sells jerseys and ticket. you don't think woody knows this? its the only reason he wanted tebow. Who is gonna see tickets now? holmes? harris? cro? all very doubtfull
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,906
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 April 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

trading revis didn't need to be done. also when you paying your QB who is bottom 3 in the NFL 12 million, but you don't want to pay your CB who is the best in the NFL 16 mil?" thats ass backwards logic. And revis sells jerseys and ticket. you don't think woody knows this? its the only reason he wanted tebow. Who is gonna see tickets now? holmes? harris? cro? all very doubtfull

You are letting your emotions control your thoughts. Might be time for a break.
Posted Image
0

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,584
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 23 April 2013 - 08:59 AM, said:

You are letting your emotions control your thoughts. Might be time for a break.


this trade is terrible flat out.

a 1st and a 3rd for the best CB in the NFL since deon sanders?
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,991
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 April 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

trading revis didn't need to be done. also when you paying your QB who is bottom 3 in the NFL 12 million, but you don't want to pay your CB who is the best in the NFL 16 mil?" thats ass backwards logic. And revis sells jerseys and ticket. you don't think woody knows this? its the only reason he wanted tebow. Who is gonna see tickets now? holmes? harris? cro? all very doubtfull



First off Idzik didn't give Sanchez that contract, that GM is fired and out of the NFL... Revis even said himself that Woody Johnson didn't want to pay him. The rumors that Revis was going to be traded happened BEFORE Idzik was even hired! I didn't think Revis was going to sign for $16 mil per year, but he did. I think that is a bit too much for a CB, I would have tried to sign him to a $12-14 mil per year deal.

Revis doesn't sell tickets, who goes to a game just to see a CB play?


Woody Johnson didn't want to pay a CB all of that money and have to worry about him holding out again, plus Tannenbaum made a ridiculously stupid move by putting the "no franchise tag" clause in that bandaid contract.
Posted Image
0

#11 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,991
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 April 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

this trade is terrible flat out.

a 1st and a 3rd for the best CB in the NFL since deon sanders?


This is why I didn't want to trade him, because I didn't think we would get that much. But only 1 team was interested and the Jets couldn't franchise tag him. I was hoping for at least a 1st and 2nd, but a 1st and 3rd isn't hugely off.
Posted Image
0

#12 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,584
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:55 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 23 April 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

First off Idzik didn't give Sanchez that contract, that GM is fired and out of the NFL... Revis even said himself that Woody Johnson didn't want to pay him. The rumors that Revis was going to be traded happened BEFORE Idzik was even hired! I didn't think Revis was going to sign for $16 mil per year, but he did. I think that is a bit too much for a CB, I would have tried to sign him to a $12-14 mil per year deal.

Revis doesn't sell tickets, who goes to a game just to see a CB play?


Woody Johnson didn't want to pay a CB all of that money and have to worry about him holding out again, plus Tannenbaum made a ridiculously stupid move by putting the "no franchise tag" clause in that bandaid contract.


the jets NEVER even negotiated with revis. even if you think you CAN'T AFFORD HIM, you still THROW OUT AN OFFER. if revis spits on it, then yes trade him away. but when idzik made it clear he didn't want revis, his value went down.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#13 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,551
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 22 April 2013 - 11:00 PM, said:

And why did this move need to be made? This move didn't always have to be made. The Jets FO has known since the beginning of the 2010 season that Revis' contract was up in 2014.


It's funny that you ask that question but yet bring up 2010. The year that we lost the AFC Championship but also lost players after the season because we had to pay a CB franchise QB money to the tune of 16.25 million. Rather than plugging holes, more were created due to the signing of Revis to his inflated contract. Same goes for the Sanchez contract but Sanchez was coming off back-to-back AFC Championship games and was thought to be the "franchise" QB.

So now, rather than eliminating the ability to fill areas of need, we have people questioning CLEARING cap space and gaining draft picks after the guy calls the front office liars because they wouldn't kiss his delusional as$ and says the move was "a great move by me" & that being traded is a "blessing". It's OBVIOUS to anyone that's not wearing blinders that Revis has always thought that he is above the team. He found out that he's not. Hopefully now we can actually have a locker room that won't be filled with people that are legends in their own minds. Event he other premadonna Holmes humbled himself and restructured.

The team wasn't going to make the playoffs this year with him so Idzik made the WISE choice to get something rather than nothing for him.

We will now also see Idzik getting to work on restructuring other people's deals. He just wiped 3 million in dead money off the board by re-signing Pace to start.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#14 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,551
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 April 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

the jets NEVER even negotiated with revis. even if you think you CAN'T AFFORD HIM, you still THROW OUT AN OFFER. if revis spits on it, then yes trade him away. but when idzik made it clear he didn't want revis, his value went down.


You act like Idzik had some REQUIREMENT to send an offer his way even though Mevis made it CLEAR he wanted 16 million per year. You know as well as anyone else that Revis was going to reject any offer the Jets made that was short of 16 million after Tampa already said they'd give it to him.

You just want to hate Idzik because he wasn't going to kiss Revis' as$. Keep in mind.....the TEAM is something called the New York Jets. There are 52 other players that make up a TEAM. The Jersey may have had Revis on the back before but the only name that counts on it is JETS.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#15 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,906
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 April 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

this trade is terrible flat out.

a 1st and a 3rd for the best CB in the NFL since deon sanders?

So you would rather him play here one more year andf then be gone with us getting no comp? Resigning was not an option. $16 million for a CB is silly if you are not a contender which we are not.

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 April 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

the jets NEVER even negotiated with revis. even if you think you CAN'T AFFORD HIM, you still THROW OUT AN OFFER. if revis spits on it, then yes trade him away. but when idzik made it clear he didn't want revis, his value went down.


How do you know we did not talk about a deal with him? Also why would we throw a low ball offer out? Just to piss him off?
Posted Image
0

#16 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,240
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 23 April 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

It's funny that you ask that question but yet bring up 2010. The year that we lost the AFC Championship but also lost players after the season because we had to pay a CB franchise QB money to the tune of 16.25 million. Rather than plugging holes, more were created due to the signing of Revis to his inflated contract. Same goes for the Sanchez contract but Sanchez was coming off back-to-back AFC Championship games and was thought to be the "franchise" QB.

So now, rather than eliminating the ability to fill areas of need, we have people questioning CLEARING cap space and gaining draft picks after the guy calls the front office liars because they wouldn't kiss his delusional as$ and says the move was "a great move by me" & that being traded is a "blessing". It's OBVIOUS to anyone that's not wearing blinders that Revis has always thought that he is above the team. He found out that he's not. Hopefully now we can actually have a locker room that won't be filled with people that are legends in their own minds. Event he other premadonna Holmes humbled himself and restructured.

The team wasn't going to make the playoffs this year with him so Idzik made the WISE choice to get something rather than nothing for him.

We will now also see Idzik getting to work on restructuring other people's deals. He just wiped 3 million in dead money off the board by re-signing Pace to start.


Oh God! You are such a f***ing hater it's sad. For somebody who wants everybody else to stop talking about Revis and move on, you still have a lot to say about the Revis topic. First of all when Sanchez got his extension he wasn't coming off back to back AFC Championship games. He was coming off an 8-8 season where the Jets missed the playoffs and Sanchez turned the ball over 26 times in 2011. That's how Mark Sanchez spent his 2011 season. But yet the Jets choose to give him a contract extension in early 2012.

And who are these oh so important players the Jets had to get rid of in 2011 so they could pay Revis? Damien Woody (who retired that offseason anyway because of age and injury)? Kris Jenkins (again retired that offseason because of age and injury)? Jerricho Cotchery (who has gotten all of 2 TDs since signing with Pittsburgh)? or Vernon Gholston (his name alone says it all)? No it's only in the delusional, Revis hating world that you live in that we had to lose players to pay Revis.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#17 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,584
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 23 April 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

You act like Idzik had some REQUIREMENT to send an offer his way even though Mevis made it CLEAR he wanted 16 million per year. You know as well as anyone else that Revis was going to reject any offer the Jets made that was short of 16 million after Tampa already said they'd give it to him.

You just want to hate Idzik because he wasn't going to kiss Revis' as$. Keep in mind.....the TEAM is something called the New York Jets. There are 52 other players that make up a TEAM. The Jersey may have had Revis on the back before but the only name that counts on it is JETS.


and you know this how? for instance look at victor cruz and the giants. cruz wants 10+ million, the giants at least made him an offer of 7 million a year. is it low balling? YES but thats negotiating. player starts high, team starts low and they negotiate. also the jets could have told revis to seek out a trade himself with a contract and offer him a match. nothing in TBs contract is guaranteed. you don't think he would have taken 14 mil a year of we guaranteed him 40 million of it?

also what team? we don't even have like 30 players on the roster lol
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#18 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,584
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 23 April 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

So you would rather him play here one more year andf then be gone with us getting no comp? Resigning was not an option. $16 million for a CB is silly if you are not a contender which we are not.



How do you know we did not talk about a deal with him? Also why would we throw a low ball offer out? Just to piss him off?


i'd rather the jets work something out. The bucs gave nothing guaranteed. the jets could have given him a 2 year extension guarenteed. they could have done so many things but didn't even try.

and revis flat out said teh jets didn't want to talk contract with him
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#19 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 6,993
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 April 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

i'd rather the jets work something out. The bucs gave nothing guaranteed. the jets could have given him a 2 year extension guarenteed. they could have done so many things but didn't even try.

and revis flat out said teh jets didn't want to talk contract with him


What the f*** are you going on about?

The Bucs gave him nothing guaranteed, but I can guarantee you something. He'll do it this year and still earn his 16m to prove his knee is OK. Then in the offseason, he'll be given a new deal fully loaded with upfront guarantees. Have you not followed Revis' posse while he was here? Completely money driven.

Our team is f***ing shit. We can't pay a CB top dollar. There is no need. We need to bottom out, get rid of the shit deals and start over. This is a start to that. Hopefully the new brass can draft well because that's ultimately how you win in this league.

The Jets and Revis affair was over. Woody didn't want him. I'm sure the more Idzik thought about it, he didn't want him either. Just wrong player, wrong position, wrong time. It was time.
0

#20 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,906
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 April 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

i'd rather the jets work something out. The bucs gave nothing guaranteed. the jets could have given him a 2 year extension guarenteed. they could have done so many things but didn't even try.

and revis flat out said teh jets didn't want to talk contract with him

Work what out? There was nothing to work out.
Posted Image
0

  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users