NYJetsFan.com Forums: Darrelle Revis: John Idzik And Jets Lied About Trade Plans - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 09:43 AM) Should I start Rivers tonight or Brady on Sunday?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:48 AM) rivers
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 12:04 PM) brady
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) raul
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 01:40 PM) jared
azjetfan Icon : (23 October 2014 - 02:32 PM) Take the better match up
Jetsman05 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 03:31 PM) is 115 in the fantasy league
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 04:25 PM) nope
MikeGangGree... Icon : (23 October 2014 - 09:58 PM) 10-6!!!!
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:49 PM) no doubt
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:49 PM) believe!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 October 2014 - 05:12 AM) TEHN AND SIX
Jetsman05 Icon : (24 October 2014 - 05:18 AM) TEH JETS!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:23 AM) SILVA!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 AM) Wait I mean
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 AM) FIRE IDZICK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:05 AM) What channel can I watch el clasico
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:06 AM) TEH CLASICO
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:39 AM) HALA RAUL
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:05 PM) Messi to Suarez to Neymar and goal
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) My nipples were so stiff
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) Isco the Spanish Shepard so tenacious gotta order that kit!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:31 PM) WE THE PEOPLE
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Darrelle Revis: John Idzik And Jets Lied About Trade Plans

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

Darrelle Revis: John Idzik and Jets lied about trade plans
Apr

Darrelle Revis said Jets general manager John Idzik then told him he was going nowhere last week, Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports.

Four days later, the Jets traded Revis
to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for two draft picks, capping a bizarre few months that left pundits debating the merits of trading arguably the best defensive player in the NFL.

“Definitely I feel like I haven’t gotten the truth,” Revis said in a quiet moment after his introductory press conference in Tampa on Monday. “Anybody can sit here and tell you to your face, ‘Yeah, you’re going to be a Jet.’ But what’s the truth out of it? What’s really true?

“I know it’s a lie,” he added.

Revis believed all along that owner Woody Johnson was the trigger man. Johnson never intended to pay Revis — six months removed from ACL surgery — the money he wanted. So the owner never made the effort to talk to Revis this offseason. “Woody don’t want to talk to me,” Revis said. “Let’s just be real. He didn’t want to talk to me. He stayed as far away as he could.”
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

http://www.nypost.co...IrOoHzyjKV3oOMM

Revis says Jets GM Idzik didn’t tell him truth about trade ­­— even last week

* By MARK CANNIZZARO
* Last Updated: 9:48 AM, April 23, 2013
* Posted: 3:09 AM, April 23, 2013
* Jets Blog

headshot
Mark Cannizzaro
Follow Mark on Twitter

TAMPA — The conversation took place last Wednesday.

Darrelle Revis was at the Jets’ Florham Park, N.J., facility rehabbing his surgically repaired left knee when he bumped into new Jets general manager John Idzik.

This is how Revis recalled the conversation:

“Do you want to be a Jet?’’ Idzik asked.

“Why would you ask me that question?’’ Revis responded, adding he made it clear to Idzik he wanted to remain a Jet.

That is when, Revis told New York reporters yesterday shortly after he was introduced in a Tampa press conference as the newest member of the Buccaneers, Idzik assured him he wasn’t going anywhere.
AP
PARTING SHOT: Darrelle Revis is all smiles as he sits with Bucs GM Mark Dominik and coach Greg Schiano at his introductory press conference. But later he said Jets GM John Idzik lied to him and owner Woody Johnson never talked with him. Post columnist Mark Cannizzaro writes the Revis saga didn’t have to end in such an ugly fashion.

Four days after that conversation, Idzik traded Revis to Tampa Bay for the Buccaneers’ 13th overall pick in the first round of the NFL Draft, which begins Thursday, and a conditional 2014 fourth-rounder that could become a third-rounder.

So minutes after Revis smiled for the cameras and answered questions from Tampa-area reporters he was sitting in a quiet hallway with three familiar New York faces and he painted a picture of lies and deception he believes he was subjected to from the franchise he hoped to play the rest of his career with.

“I definitely feel like I haven’t gotten the truth [from the Jets],’’ Revis said. “Anyone can sit there and tell you to your face, ‘Yeah, you’re going to be a Jet.’ But what’s the truth out of it? It was more from Idzik. He told me I was going to be a Jet. He said it then when we first talked and he said it last week, too. I know it’s a lie.

“They give you the corporate answer instead of the truth,’’ he went on. “Just tell the truth, because people want to know what’s going on. I want to know what’s going on with my career, whether you’re going to trade me or you’re not. Whatever you’re doing, just let me know.

“I just don’t get that part of not telling me what you’re going to do with me when I come to you and ask questions and say, ‘Hey, what’s going on?’ ’’

Sure, Revis and his agents, who had a contentious relationship with Jets management over the years, could be a pain in the Jets’ butt with the holdouts and constant desire for a better contract.

But even if the Jets didn’t believe he was worth the $16 million a year he desired (and got from the Bucs), Revis, always a gamer on the field and never a problem off of it, was owed the truth. That would not have cost Idzik and the Jets a dime.

Revis, who dodged questions about his recovery from a torn ACL though the Bucs made it clear they expect him ready for their opener against the Jets at MetLife Stadium, said he felt deceived since the moment Idzik was hired and the rumors of the Jets’ desire to trade him began to surface.

“I wake up one day in January going to rehab and I hear I’m getting traded and nobody even called me,’’ he said. “I’m supposed to be the best player on the team and all of a sudden they’re letting me go.’’

Asked if he has spoken to team owner Woody Johnson, who it has been widely reported had no intention of paying Revis the big money he was seeking, Revis said, “Noooo. Woody don’t want to talk to me, man. Let’s just be real, man. Woody don’t want to talk to me. He stayed as far away as he could.’’

Revis also insisted the Jets never made any effort to sign him to a new long-term contract to keep him, even indicating that he would have been willing to take the same non-guaranteed deal he signed with Tampa Bay.

“The Jets never contacted my agents about a long-term deal or even a short-term deal,’’ he said. “They never even approached us, so that’s that. The truth is the truth.’’

That the Jets never made an effort to negotiate with Revis’ agents is as preposterous as it is bad business. At least make an effort to keep your best player — even if you know it’s likely futile. Idzik did not return calls to comment on Revis’ claims.

“It’s over now,’’ Revis said. “They knew I wanted to be there and obviously I’m somewhere different. This is a new chapter in my life. This is my new home, man. I’m in Tampa now. I’m a Buccaneer.’’

Revis was willing to look at what he left behind, including his biggest supporter in Rex Ryan.

“As a friend, yeah, I feel for Rex,” he said. “Rex played a big part in my career, and yeah I feel for him. I feel for him — not just because of my situation, but a lot of the things that have happened in the offseason. It’s a whole new team up there.”

There was a hint of melancholy to Revis’ voice, because he wanted to remain in New York.

But there he was yesterday, dressed in a grey suit with a shiny Tampa Bay Buccaneers pin attached to the left lapel of his jacket, sitting in front of a bright red and pewter banner.

It just didn’t look right. So much for being “a Jet for life.’’
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

Revis is a world class moron if he thought Idzik was going to tell him that yes he was being traded. Revis had the opportunity to stay a Jet and decided he didn't want to when he made it clear he wanted to be the highest paid defensive player in the league. He was ALREADY the highest paid CB. Now he can "make some noise" in Tampa and hopefully we can stop seeing multiple Revis threads in a JETS forum. Hell.....they're already questioning whether he'll even suit up week 1 against us. He's gone and now hopefully the media can stop with the Revis circus. He's Tampa's problem now. Not ours.

It's just funny that Idzik was involved in the trade of both Meshawn and Mevis between the Jets and Bucs. If Revis hadn't torn his ACL, he may either still be a Jet or we would've received at least 2 first rounders considering Idzik gave up 2 first rounders for Meshawn.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#4 User is offline   2JBallar01 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

Edit... Didnt let me copy and paste. But here is there link. Kind of like the above article.

http://www.nypost.co...K#axzz2RJCKKxsJ

#5 User is offline   2JBallar01 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

Revis doesnt even look happy to be a Buc, haha.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users