NYJetsFan.com Forums: Darrelle Revis: John Idzik And Jets Lied About Trade Plans - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Chiefs Sunday 4:30est
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 September 2016 - 10:09 AM) good
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 September 2016 - 10:09 AM) Best day of the week is the day after a Jets Win!
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 September 2016 - 10:12 AM) Rob you think the offense started off ugly? we scored on our first 4 drives, and controlled the ball 80% of the time the first half. We didn't even punt until the 2nd half
ROBJETS Icon : (16 September 2016 - 10:21 AM) I meant the hits on Fitz at on the first Drive or two with the fumbles and almost fumbles....The Tom Brady rule where balls that used to be fumbles are incomplete. We recovered the ball on all but one but it was ruled incomplete
ROBJETS Icon : (16 September 2016 - 10:26 AM) The offensive line stepped off after Hughes got hurt for however long he was out. I don't blame J. Marsh for that fumble because that was just a hell of a play. Imo Fitz had a career best game even with only 1 td passing. Never seen him so accurate. So yeah when I meant ugly I meant dline penetration and the 1st two drives ending up in fieldgoals
ROBJETS Icon : (16 September 2016 - 10:30 AM) But 31 points given up passing by the defense passing was bad. It wasn't just 2 long bombs and that defensive touchdown leading to 21 points. 3q1 against a bad team was terrible for the defense. Without the offense putting up 37 the Jets,would have lost so yeah I consider it an ugly start on both ends
ROBJETS Icon : (16 September 2016 - 10:32 AM) I'm glad like everyone else that the Jets won. Especially with getting with by the Bills multiple times it was nice revenge.
ROBJETS Icon : (16 September 2016 - 10:34 AM) Just saying that the Bills look like a bad team this year and the Jets have to face a lot of teams that are probably playoff bound again so yes there is a lot of concern
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 September 2016 - 11:39 AM) fitz look good and lets not forget the 50+ yarder to decker that was called back on a BS holding penalty. plus if you rewatch it, the jets d-line was getting held like crazy and never got calls. I seen McLendon, williams, and wilk all complaining about it
azjetfan Icon : (16 September 2016 - 12:32 PM) I think the game plan for the D was to keep Taylor in the pocker
azjetfan Icon : (16 September 2016 - 12:33 PM) They didn't want him running around when they only rushed 3-4 guts
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 September 2016 - 12:37 PM) bills fired their OC today after the loss yesterday lol
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 September 2016 - 12:38 PM) yeah we didn't really rush, we just tried to keep contain on the outside and collapse the middle
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 September 2016 - 12:38 PM) on the salas TD, one of our LBers went for the sack and broke contain and pryor got away and made the play
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 September 2016 - 12:39 PM) when we did rush which was rare, we had a spy
ROBJETS Icon : (16 September 2016 - 11:11 PM) As far as the Bills firing the oc I'm not sure I agree with it with Watkins having major foot problem with a steel rod in his surgically repaired foot but I dont follow the Bills so cant really say. I do think they need to get rid of Rob Ryan though. He had a decent year with the Browns then was terrible with the Cowboys and Saints. He isn't half the DC that Rex is. I still think Rex can be a good head coach withe the right coaches and roster but Rob Ryan isn't the answer. But if Rex wants to ruin his chance of staying a head coach by keeping his brother on the coaching staff like he ruined his head coaching job keeping Sanchez as a starter then that's his stupidity
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 September 2016 - 12:20 AM) The A Football Life of Curtis Martin is a MUST WATCH!!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 September 2016 - 02:03 PM) They got rid of their OC after their defense was ripped apart
ROBJETS Icon : (17 September 2016 - 05:03 PM) Well hell that makes even less sense. The defense gets ripped apart so let's get rid of the oc instead of the dc.they didn't have much of a run game but a lot of passes yards. If they wanted to blame anyone for nearly 40 points against them it was their defense. But guess Rex used the ocean as the scale goat instead of his brother
ROBJETS Icon : (17 September 2016 - 05:04 PM) Oc not ocean. Damn Auto correct on phone
ROBJETS Icon : (17 September 2016 - 05:04 PM) And scape goatee
ROBJETS Icon : (17 September 2016 - 05:05 PM) Lol still can't get it right
ROBJETS Icon : (17 September 2016 - 05:13 PM) Not sure about anyone else but I'm extremely interested in the 49r/ Panther game at 1pm. Just want to see if the 49rs are actually good this year or if the Rams have become one of the worst teams in the league this year
ROBJETS Icon : (17 September 2016 - 05:16 PM) If the Rams have regressed that much then all the Todd Gurley owners in fantasy will likely have low points from him all year. Might even be worth trying to trade him early if they look just as bad this week before his stock drops
ROBJETS Icon : (17 September 2016 - 05:26 PM) I drafted him last year and also had David Johnson, Chris Johnson, Roetlesburger, Romo, Palmer, Barnage,, .....my whole team was stacked with starters. Entire team wasc stacked with starters. Even bench. Made tge Superbowl but did have a rough start at behinning of season when Romo and Roethlisberger wentvdown at the start of season also lost amazing starting rb and wr all within the 1st 4 games but worked the waivers really well..shut out until garbage time by a team that was terrible last year
ROBJETS Icon : (17 September 2016 - 05:28 PM) Last part meant Rams were shut out entire game even in garbage time against 49r backups
ROBJETS Icon : (17 September 2016 - 05:29 PM) Sorry about typos. Hard to type on small phone screen
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 September 2016 - 06:00 PM) This is why I'm glad Rex is gone. Fire the OC after the D gives up 500 yards??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 September 2016 - 06:01 PM) UPDATE THE UPDATE!!!!
ROBJETS Icon : (17 September 2016 - 06:25 PM) Yep Rex isn't a bad coach but he needs to have all player and coach decisions as far as firing and hiring taken out of his hands. His problem is he doesn't know to separate the job from loyalty to players and is unable to let underperforming players go
ROBJETS Icon : (17 September 2016 - 06:27 PM) He was great as a DC because he wasn't in charge of roster and firing decisions. He will never make it as a good head coach until he can get rid of loyalty and run a team like any boss runs a business.
azjetfan Icon : (17 September 2016 - 07:16 PM) I loved Rex as a person. But he is severely handicapped in his skill set as a HC. He has not adapted and will not adapt. That's why he isn't here and will be fired from Buffalo.
ROBJETS Icon : (18 September 2016 - 11:05 AM) It's all guessing and I will like likely stick with my two starters that are injured and playing but D.Thomas looks like he is still in a lot of pain and Stewart is still in the locker room getting ankle treatment so both could be on a snap count
ROBJETS Icon : (18 September 2016 - 11:06 AM) I have good wr's on bench and good rb's on bench but they have bad matchups. Do t trust Diggs against Greenbay or Doug Martin against Arizona both on bench
ROBJETS Icon : (18 September 2016 - 11:08 AM) If I made changes I have Crabtree for Oakland Aagainst Atlanta and Abdullah for Detroit against 49rs as my two options I would choose if I made any changes
ROBJETS Icon : (18 September 2016 - 11:10 AM) Actually have it backwards with my running back teams
ROBJETS Icon : (18 September 2016 - 11:12 AM) Detroit vs Titans who I believe has a legit defense. Panthers have a better team but the ankle for Stewart and both the Titans and 49rs are ranked #1 against the run. Not a believer in the 49rs defensesthough
ROBJETS Icon : (18 September 2016 - 11:13 AM) Believe the Rams oline just sucks
ROBJETS Icon : (18 September 2016 - 11:15 AM) Abdullah splits carries but he did get 17 last week and also catches a lot of passes and has a better qb so could exploit the Titans still
ROBJETS Icon : (18 September 2016 - 11:16 AM) Will most likely do my own thing anyway just looking for input from those that actually study in fantasy if anyone feels like offering their opinions. If not it's cool too. Thanks
ROBJETS Icon : (18 September 2016 - 11:18 AM) If not for the injuries to the two players I'd keep them in for sure but all it takes for Thomas is a hit to the hip and a tackle by the ankle for Stewart if they aren't on a snap count already or if pain doesn't get to them.
ROBJETS Icon : (18 September 2016 - 12:45 PM) Well looks like leaving in Stewart was,a,bad move in locker room
MikeGangGree... Icon : (18 September 2016 - 04:54 PM) Good news! Dolphins suck
santana Icon : (19 September 2016 - 08:08 AM) Thanks professor
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 September 2016 - 03:55 PM) updated roster. FB howsare released, TE bowman added to roster
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Darrelle Revis: John Idzik And Jets Lied About Trade Plans

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

Darrelle Revis: John Idzik and Jets lied about trade plans
Apr

Darrelle Revis said Jets general manager John Idzik then told him he was going nowhere last week, Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports.

Four days later, the Jets traded Revis
to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for two draft picks, capping a bizarre few months that left pundits debating the merits of trading arguably the best defensive player in the NFL.

“Definitely I feel like I haven’t gotten the truth,” Revis said in a quiet moment after his introductory press conference in Tampa on Monday. “Anybody can sit here and tell you to your face, ‘Yeah, you’re going to be a Jet.’ But what’s the truth out of it? What’s really true?

“I know it’s a lie,” he added.

Revis believed all along that owner Woody Johnson was the trigger man. Johnson never intended to pay Revis — six months removed from ACL surgery — the money he wanted. So the owner never made the effort to talk to Revis this offseason. “Woody don’t want to talk to me,” Revis said. “Let’s just be real. He didn’t want to talk to me. He stayed as far away as he could.”

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

http://www.nypost.co...IrOoHzyjKV3oOMM

Revis says Jets GM Idzik didn’t tell him truth about trade ­­— even last week

* By MARK CANNIZZARO
* Last Updated: 9:48 AM, April 23, 2013
* Posted: 3:09 AM, April 23, 2013
* Jets Blog

headshot
Mark Cannizzaro
Follow Mark on Twitter

TAMPA — The conversation took place last Wednesday.

Darrelle Revis was at the Jets’ Florham Park, N.J., facility rehabbing his surgically repaired left knee when he bumped into new Jets general manager John Idzik.

This is how Revis recalled the conversation:

“Do you want to be a Jet?’’ Idzik asked.

“Why would you ask me that question?’’ Revis responded, adding he made it clear to Idzik he wanted to remain a Jet.

That is when, Revis told New York reporters yesterday shortly after he was introduced in a Tampa press conference as the newest member of the Buccaneers, Idzik assured him he wasn’t going anywhere.
AP
PARTING SHOT: Darrelle Revis is all smiles as he sits with Bucs GM Mark Dominik and coach Greg Schiano at his introductory press conference. But later he said Jets GM John Idzik lied to him and owner Woody Johnson never talked with him. Post columnist Mark Cannizzaro writes the Revis saga didn’t have to end in such an ugly fashion.

Four days after that conversation, Idzik traded Revis to Tampa Bay for the Buccaneers’ 13th overall pick in the first round of the NFL Draft, which begins Thursday, and a conditional 2014 fourth-rounder that could become a third-rounder.

So minutes after Revis smiled for the cameras and answered questions from Tampa-area reporters he was sitting in a quiet hallway with three familiar New York faces and he painted a picture of lies and deception he believes he was subjected to from the franchise he hoped to play the rest of his career with.

“I definitely feel like I haven’t gotten the truth [from the Jets],’’ Revis said. “Anyone can sit there and tell you to your face, ‘Yeah, you’re going to be a Jet.’ But what’s the truth out of it? It was more from Idzik. He told me I was going to be a Jet. He said it then when we first talked and he said it last week, too. I know it’s a lie.

“They give you the corporate answer instead of the truth,’’ he went on. “Just tell the truth, because people want to know what’s going on. I want to know what’s going on with my career, whether you’re going to trade me or you’re not. Whatever you’re doing, just let me know.

“I just don’t get that part of not telling me what you’re going to do with me when I come to you and ask questions and say, ‘Hey, what’s going on?’ ’’

Sure, Revis and his agents, who had a contentious relationship with Jets management over the years, could be a pain in the Jets’ butt with the holdouts and constant desire for a better contract.

But even if the Jets didn’t believe he was worth the $16 million a year he desired (and got from the Bucs), Revis, always a gamer on the field and never a problem off of it, was owed the truth. That would not have cost Idzik and the Jets a dime.

Revis, who dodged questions about his recovery from a torn ACL though the Bucs made it clear they expect him ready for their opener against the Jets at MetLife Stadium, said he felt deceived since the moment Idzik was hired and the rumors of the Jets’ desire to trade him began to surface.

“I wake up one day in January going to rehab and I hear I’m getting traded and nobody even called me,’’ he said. “I’m supposed to be the best player on the team and all of a sudden they’re letting me go.’’

Asked if he has spoken to team owner Woody Johnson, who it has been widely reported had no intention of paying Revis the big money he was seeking, Revis said, “Noooo. Woody don’t want to talk to me, man. Let’s just be real, man. Woody don’t want to talk to me. He stayed as far away as he could.’’

Revis also insisted the Jets never made any effort to sign him to a new long-term contract to keep him, even indicating that he would have been willing to take the same non-guaranteed deal he signed with Tampa Bay.

“The Jets never contacted my agents about a long-term deal or even a short-term deal,’’ he said. “They never even approached us, so that’s that. The truth is the truth.’’

That the Jets never made an effort to negotiate with Revis’ agents is as preposterous as it is bad business. At least make an effort to keep your best player — even if you know it’s likely futile. Idzik did not return calls to comment on Revis’ claims.

“It’s over now,’’ Revis said. “They knew I wanted to be there and obviously I’m somewhere different. This is a new chapter in my life. This is my new home, man. I’m in Tampa now. I’m a Buccaneer.’’

Revis was willing to look at what he left behind, including his biggest supporter in Rex Ryan.

“As a friend, yeah, I feel for Rex,” he said. “Rex played a big part in my career, and yeah I feel for him. I feel for him — not just because of my situation, but a lot of the things that have happened in the offseason. It’s a whole new team up there.”

There was a hint of melancholy to Revis’ voice, because he wanted to remain in New York.

But there he was yesterday, dressed in a grey suit with a shiny Tampa Bay Buccaneers pin attached to the left lapel of his jacket, sitting in front of a bright red and pewter banner.

It just didn’t look right. So much for being “a Jet for life.’’

#3 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

Revis is a world class moron if he thought Idzik was going to tell him that yes he was being traded. Revis had the opportunity to stay a Jet and decided he didn't want to when he made it clear he wanted to be the highest paid defensive player in the league. He was ALREADY the highest paid CB. Now he can "make some noise" in Tampa and hopefully we can stop seeing multiple Revis threads in a JETS forum. Hell.....they're already questioning whether he'll even suit up week 1 against us. He's gone and now hopefully the media can stop with the Revis circus. He's Tampa's problem now. Not ours.

It's just funny that Idzik was involved in the trade of both Meshawn and Mevis between the Jets and Bucs. If Revis hadn't torn his ACL, he may either still be a Jet or we would've received at least 2 first rounders considering Idzik gave up 2 first rounders for Meshawn.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#4 User is offline   2JBallar01 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

Edit... Didnt let me copy and paste. But here is there link. Kind of like the above article.

http://www.nypost.co...K#axzz2RJCKKxsJ

#5 User is offline   2JBallar01 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

Revis doesnt even look happy to be a Buc, haha.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users