NYJetsFan.com Forums: Grading The Trade - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 December 2014 - 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:44 PM) clipboard jesus lead the way
santana Icon : (18 December 2014 - 09:48 PM) I miss leon
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:35 PM) If the Jets would have lost last week since the Jags won the Jets would have the 2 seed right now and not stuck at the 6 seed
ROBJETS Icon : (18 December 2014 - 11:36 PM) Oh well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 11:21 AM) I think IK shows potential as a pass rusher
azjetfan Icon : (19 December 2014 - 12:50 PM) If the new HC goes to a 4-3 it will be interesting to see if Couples can play on the end.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 01:43 PM) he's probably better as a 4-3 DE then a 3-4 LBer anyway
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 01:43 PM) we'd need another DT though
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 02:12 PM) Rex to atlanta rumors swirling about
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:35 PM) Who should be my 2 starters at WR for my fantasy. Championship game. It's between AJ Green, Djax, and Mike Evans. I have Hilton too but I think colts will sit him this week
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:36 PM) I'm thinking Djax and Evans. I don't think the match up with green vs Denver
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:37 PM) I have Ingram, Lamar Miller, and Lacy as my RBs and flex
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:41 PM) green and desean pretty much the same risk reward
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:41 PM) lock evans in and play the matchup for the other spot
santana Icon : (19 December 2014 - 03:41 PM) also might snow in denver mnf i would keep an eye on that
2JBallar01 Icon : (19 December 2014 - 04:48 PM) Good thinkin! I think I'm going to play djax. I like the match up better
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:09 PM) Atlanta would be a good landing spot for REx. He'll have Matt Ryan there so no need to develop a QB and he'll make the defense better
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:54 PM) He's not a good hc. He'll struggle anywhere.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:07 PM) Idk. I bet if he had a good offensive supporting cast with established players he would do fine. He just can't develop players. It may be like the Gruden going to the Bucs but in reverse
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 06:19 PM) The Redskins are In this game, I am rooting for them so we move up a spot in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:17 PM) if he goes anywhere he needs a quality QB. He can't develop a QB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:18 PM) Manish wrote a article how the Jets have to hire Nick Caserio as their GM and Josh McDaniels as their HC
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 12:29 AM) Anything Manish writes is either garbage of stolen.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 07:59 AM) He doesn't develop anything on offense.
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Grading The Trade

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

April 21 Updates

Buccaneers acquire CB Darrelle Revis from Jets for 2013 1st-rounder, conditional 2014 mid-rounder
So much for the Jets obtaining first-, third- and fifth-round picks this year. All they were able to net for Darrelle Revis was the No. 13 overall selection next week and a fourth-rounder in 2014 that could turn into a third-rounder.

I would have given the Buccaneers a "C" grade for surrendering all of those selections, but now it has to be considered a very good deal. Even when considering that he's coming off a torn ACL, Revis is much better than anyone Tampa Bay could have chosen with the 13th pick - even if Dee Milliner happened to slide down to them.

The price tag for Revis is the concern for many; Revis is paid way too much for a non-quarterback, but the Buccaneers have the cap space to make a move like this. They had $33 million available prior to this trade, so they can afford to pay Revis the reported six years, $96 million. I'll grade that soon.

Meanwhile, Jets' fans have to feel incredibly disappointed. Hauling in three selections this year and some next April would have been acceptable for losing one of the league's top corners, but getting just the No. 13 overall pick and a mid-rounder next spring is not nearly enough. If I were the Jets, I would have pushed for a bunch of picks in 2014 because of the superior draft class.

Grade for Buccaneers - A-
Grade for Jets - D
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

I can find you a bunch of articles that praise the Jets and question whether this will work out for the Bucs, too.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

You're ruining the forum.

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 23 April 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

Idzik/woddy ruined teh jets. do you not realzie were fighting for the #1 pick this eyar. thsi seaosn is gonna suck. our team is teribble. even dubb doens't post here anymore cause he knows it
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 April 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

Idzik/woddy ruined teh jets. do you not realzie were fighting for the #1 pick this eyar. thsi seaosn is gonna suck. our team is teribble. even dubb doens't post here anymore cause he knows it

This is how I imagine 115 after trying to read that post...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 23 April 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

This is how I imagine 115 after trying to read that post...

Posted Image

Literally laughed out loud. Well played, sir.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#7 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 April 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

Grade for Buccaneers - A-
Grade for Jets - D

I have to ask......who's the author of this article? Another O'Connor number?

The ONLY things the author got right was the obvious fact that next year's draft class is superior to this one & that the pricetag for Revis is too much.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#8 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 23 April 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

I can find you a bunch of articles that praise the Jets and question whether this will work out for the Bucs, too.

+1

View PostJetsman05, on 23 April 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

+1

Please stop with the doomsday prophecies. You sound like Fox News after Obama was re-elected.
"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

Quote from my wife when I told her I liked Tebow, but that he sucks as a QB

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 23 April 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

I have to ask......who's the author of this article? Another O'Connor number?

The ONLY things the author got right was the obvious fact that next year's draft class is superior to this one & that the pricetag for Revis is too much.

I'm entitled to my opinion. I've been a fan of this team since forever. I've been one of the most positive people on here for a long long time, but this move... just makes me sick to my stomach. the fact that for the 1st time since 1996 we know we have 0 chance to make teh playoffs. The fact taht we hired a new GM that gutted the team, set up rex to fail and nexy etar we'll have a new HC (idziks guy) and he'll want a new DC and a new OC and a new QB and we'll start all over again and again
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 April 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

I'm entitled to my opinion.

Yes and we have all heard it over and over again. Now shut up. :hysterical:
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 23 April 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

Yes and we have all heard it over and over again. Now shut up. :hysterical:/>

then shut up about your opinion that he is doing good. and wait for the crickets to show up because nobody is posting their opinion
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

115.....you're absolutely right that you're entitled to your opinion. BUT.....if you think that having Revis on the roster automatically would've made us a contender for the playoffs, please pass whatever you've been either drinking or smoking because I'd like some too. The only thing having him ont he roster guarantees is the inability to sign other players because he makes up 13% of the cap by himself.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#13 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 23 April 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

115.....you're absolutely right that you're entitled to your opinion. BUT.....if you think that having Revis on the roster automatically would've made us a contender for the playoffs, please pass whatever you've been either drinking or smoking because I'd like some too. The only thing having him ont he roster guarantees is the inability to sign other players because he makes up 13% of the cap by himself.

Whoa back it up a bit. never once did i say revis makes us a playoff contender. We will never be a playoff contender until we fix the offense, and revis can't do anything to help on that side. what i'm saying is revis is once in a lifetime player you don't let go for a 3rd and 1st round pick. We could have traded cro martie for a 3rd rounder and kept revis payed him and been better off then w/o revis and use that 3rd to improve the offense w/o giving up the best CB in the NFL. you think our passing D is gonna be as good w/o revis? we have no safeties which was fine cause revis covered down. we have no depth at CB right now. we have cro and wilson but thats it. teams will pick on our 3rd and 4th CBs all day.and we still don't have an offense. we coulda told them to give us a starter. i mean look what we gave up for BE. Then look what we gave up for holmes. we got holmes cheap cause pitt wanted him gone, TB got revis cheap cause we wanted him gone.

As much as i love revis, if idzik played his hand better and got us 2 1sts a 4th and a solid starter (a LG or RG) i coldn't complain as much. but if you really think that 13th pick, 3rd round next year, and the cap space is gonna improve us more, you are crazy. cap space is only good to sign good players, and anyone we sign won't be as good as revis. anyone we draft won't be as good as revis. the move downgrades us any wya you look at it
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

I agree that the team played it wrong by not getting more suitors involved to up what we got for him, but we couldnt afford to keep him so Idzik took what he could because we were about to be stuck with him for only 2013 and wouldve ended up with only a 3rd rounder. It was obvious from day 1 that Woody didnt want to pay him his asking price again. Revis knew Tampa would because they already leaked it to the press so Revis was pretty much guaranteed to leave after 2013.

This way, we at least get the first rounder on top of the 3rd and no dead cap money next year.

You HAVE TO know that if Revis didn't pull the asking for more money 4 times in 6 years that maybe the Jets wouldve made an offer. He turned down a 7 year 100 million deal in 2010. His biggest priority was $$ and the distinction of being able to say he's the highest paid defensive player in the league. Yes.....tied with Mario on avg, but Revis was already the highest paid CB in the league but that wasn't good enough. Woody knew it so he played hard ball. They should've pulled the trigger when the offer was supposedly a 1st, 3rd & 5th.

Makes me wonder if maybe something the doctors saw made the price come down. Nobody can say for sure at this point. We'll have to wait for the season to tell. Right now Idzik and Woody look bad to a lot of people, but they'll look like they were geniuses is Revis never returns to form.

#15 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 April 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

then shut up about your opinion that he is doing good. and wait for the crickets to show up because nobody is posting their opinion

I am not the one commenting in multiple threads trying to bring constant attention to myself and ruining the board. You sound like my 7 years old when he is upset about something. Why do you feel the need to bring so much attention to yourself on one topic? Did your mommy not give you enough attention as a child?
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 April 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

Whoa back it up a bit. never once did i say revis makes us a playoff contender. We will never be a playoff contender until we fix the offense, and revis can't do anything to help on that side. what i'm saying is revis is once in a lifetime player you don't let go for a 3rd and 1st round pick. We could have traded cro martie for a 3rd rounder and kept revis payed him and been better off then w/o revis and use that 3rd to improve the offense w/o giving up the best CB in the NFL. you think our passing D is gonna be as good w/o revis? we have no safeties which was fine cause revis covered down. we have no depth at CB right now. we have cro and wilson but thats it. teams will pick on our 3rd and 4th CBs all day.and we still don't have an offense. we coulda told them to give us a starter. i mean look what we gave up for BE. Then look what we gave up for holmes. we got holmes cheap cause pitt wanted him gone, TB got revis cheap cause we wanted him gone.

As much as i love revis, if idzik played his hand better and got us 2 1sts a 4th and a solid starter (a LG or RG) i coldn't complain as much. but if you really think that 13th pick, 3rd round next year, and the cap space is gonna improve us more, you are crazy. cap space is only good to sign good players, and anyone we sign won't be as good as revis. anyone we draft won't be as good as revis. the move downgrades us any wya you look at it

I agree if Woody had kept his mouth shut and entered into negotiations with Revis our position could have been better and we might have gotten a better deal. But Woody is like Jerry JOnes and Daniel Snyder. Meddlesome owners who screw things up more than they help. Having said that, paying any CB $16 million is ridiculous. We all want one thing and that is a Super Bowl. They aren't won with shut down corners - just examine the past 10. They are won with elite QB's, top pass rushers and a solid O-line. We have none of those.

Making the best of a bad situation, we got a first and third (fourth becomes third if Revis is on roster next year - please). In addition, next year we should qualify for a number of compensatory picks (I hear 4 but not sure how accurate that is).

That would give us 12 picks next year plus the extra first this year and plenty of cap space in 2014 after Sanchez is gone. An astute GM can use this years draft plus next years bonanza plus our nucleus of young and good players to build a competitive franchise. So sad that it is, I think we made the right choice regardless of how good Revis is.

#17 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

115, it's hard to listen to any of your arguments because you still think Stephen Hill is the messiah.

#18 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 23 April 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

I am not the one commenting in multiple threads trying to bring constant attention to myself and ruining the board. You sound like my 7 years old when he is upset about something. Why do you feel the need to bring so much attention to yourself on one topic? Did your mommy not give you enough attention as a child?

Right, and you personally attacking me is so mature.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 24 April 2013 - 06:27 AM, said:

115, it's hard to listen to any of your arguments because you still think Stephen Hill is the messiah.

he will be a great receiver, at least thats what i think.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 24 April 2013 - 12:15 PM, said:

Right, and you personally attacking me is so mature.

I wrote that in fun/sarcasm but after I read it I realized I probably came off like an ass. My opoligies.
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users