NYJetsFan.com Forums: 2013 Draft Man Crush - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

@DWAZ73 : One other thing: Idzik now has landed arguably No. 1 QB, RB and WR in free agency this offseason despite deliberate approach. #Jets
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 02:48 PM) Jordan was #34 with the Jets.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:03 PM) Tanaka is looking like a stud
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) Jets added Vick, Chris Johnson, and Eric Decker to the offense.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) And this draft is loaded at the offensive skill positions
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:04 PM) Hopefully we can get anohter starting WR and starting TE in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:05 PM) Our offense could be much better than last year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:05 PM) can't get much worse than what it's been the last 2 years
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:22 PM) Very cool
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:24 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:32 PM) still need another WR
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:33 PM) so i bet powell barely gets any touches this year and goodson gets cut
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:34 PM) Goodson is as good as gone.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:34 PM) Sidney rice coming in for a visit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 08:18 PM) unfortunately those sites are too much bigger than our
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 PM) WOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:01 PM) I'm sure it's possible but this isn't a blog site as much as its a login and yell about the jets site
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:01 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (Today, 07:39 AM) yeah...TheGangGreen didn't participate either. they're represented as a forum too on Google
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:11 PM) offesnive tehhhh
santana Icon : (Today, 01:46 PM) 05 on point today
santana Icon : (Today, 02:36 PM) lol
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

2013 Draft Man Crush

#1 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

Alright...enough bitching about Revis...the draft is soon!!!

Every year I pick out a prospect or two that just give me boners all over the place. These are usually guys who will go in the middle rounds and tend to be less athletic guys who are just good football players. Guys that I think will be really good players for a long time. They probably won't be stars, but the guys that championship teams need.

Past man crushes have included Browns DE Jabaal Sheard, Ravens RB Bernard Pierce, I don't even know what team he's on anymore WR Jordan Shipley, Bucs MLB Mason Foster, Ravens DE Arthur Jones, Eagles WR DeSean Jackson, Bears RB Matt Forte, Ravens RB Ray Rice, and Jags RB Maurice Jones-Drew.

More or less a pretty successful list...of course I probably have selective memory about the prospects I liked that didn't turn out so hot...but let's not talk about that now. This year I've got a few players that get me all hot and bothered...here they are:

Syracuse S Sharmako Thomas (Rounds 2-3) - I love this little guy, and not just because he has the greatest name ever. He's a baller, and a few inches short of being the most physically impressible safety prospect in years. If he had those inches, he's probably a mid first rounder.
Posted Image

Keenan Allen WR Cal (1-2) - The only thing Allen lacks a WR prospect is elite straight line speed. He is a great route runner with a big, tall frame and excellent hands, and is surprisingly good after the catch given his lack of long speed. Some issues with recovery from a knee injury seem to be pushing his stock down, if he's still on the board at the Jets 2nd round pick and they haven't drafted a WR already I think he'd be a GREAT pick.
Posted Image

Datone Jones DE UCLA (1-2) - Probably not a good fit for the Jets right now, but I love this guy's game anyway. If you watch UCLA games he is always affecting the play, in so many different ways. He may never get huge accolades in the NFL, but he will help his team win lots of games.
Posted Image

Chase Thomas OLB Stanford (3-5) - I see Chase as a Bryan Thomas type player; fundamentally sound, sets the edge well, and provides a little pass rush as well. Played in the 3-4 in college on the exceptionally well coached Stanford teams.
Posted Image

Nickell Robey CB USC (3-4) - He's only 5'-7", but every time I watched a USC game he was so clearly dominant I don't understand why he isn't getting more press. He may never be more than a nickel, but in today's NFL that is still a very important position. BIG FAN of this guy.
Posted Image

The Tight End Depth - This isn't a particular player, but the Jets should definitely look to grab a TE in the middle-late rounds with guys like Levine Toilolo, Gavin Escobar, Joseph Fauria, etc all capable of being contributors at the next level.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 User is online   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

We always like so many of the same players.

A few I like: Markus Wheaton, Kevin Minter, Joseph Randle, Sharrif Floyd, Jordan Poyer and Bacarri Rambo.

#3 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

What's your call on the first two picks if the Jets can't find a way to trade down HJ?

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

I was hoping Rambo was on your list... THATS the greatest name ever.

Whats everyone's opinion of Kenny Stills?

#5 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:48 AM

View PostChaos, on 23 April 2013 - 10:25 PM, said:

What's your call on the first two picks if the Jets can't find a way to trade down HJ?

If the draft fell something like this for the Jets I'd pee my pants.

1a - Ideally, I'd like the Jets to trade back with this or the 13th pick...but...I guess I'll go with whichever OLB pass rusher falls here. I'm honestly not a big fan of any of MIngo, Jordan, Ansah, Jones...1 or 2 of them will probably succeed....but I have no idea which one.

1b - OG Jonathon Cooper (I know jetsman05 will be upset with me, but it's mighty tempting to take one of these elite Guards at 13)

2 - WR Keenan Allen (If Allen isn't available, I wouldn't want the Jets drafting a WR here because I don't think any others are worth the pick. Perhaps go with a TE like Zach Ertz)

3 - S Sharmako Thomas (There will probably be a couple of safeties you could take here, Thomas is obviously just my personal favorite)

I was hoping Rambo was on your list... THATS the greatest name ever.

Whats everyone's opinion of Kenny Stills?

Touche...that is a pretty sweet name. I actually don't know much about Rambo. Tee this up to 05...and while we're at it, what do you think of Cornelius Washington? I didn't see much of Georgia this year so I don't know these guys, but I keep reading how people think Washington could be a much better pro than he was college player. He did kill the combine...

Stills doesn't have great size, or speed...and in Oklahoma's spread offense it's easy for a crafty guy like him to be successful. I think he'd have a tougher time in the pro's. If he's available in the 5th round...great pick...but not any earlier.

A few I like: Markus Wheaton, Kevin Minter, Joseph Randle, Sharrif Floyd, Jordan Poyer and Bacarri Rambo.

I've seen so much varied opinion on Wheaton, what round do you think he's going?

Yeah I think Minter is going to be good in a 3-4...good mid round pick.

You're gonna have to enlighten me on Randle.

Love Sharrif Floyd, but do you think he's more of a 4-3 DT?

Like Poyer, there are a couple good CBs that should be available around the 4th like Robert Alford, Logan Ryan, Blidi Wreh-Wilson, and my Hurricane hope Brandon McGee.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:12 AM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 24 April 2013 - 07:48 AM, said:

Touche...that is a pretty sweet name. I actually don't know much about Rambo. Tee this up to 05...and while we're at it, what do you think of Cornelius Washington? I didn't see much of Georgia this year so I don't know these guys, but I keep reading how people think Washington could be a much better pro than he was college player. He did kill the combine...

I saw that as well. On draft insider Tony Pauline says that Georgia coaches are telling NFL teams good things about Washington, that they used him wrong in college because they had Jarvis Jones at OLB.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

You know what? I think I'm going to go with Margus Hunt falling to us in the 2nd as my crush.

#8 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:34 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 24 April 2013 - 09:17 AM, said:

You know what? I think I'm going to go with Margus Hunt falling to us in the 2nd as my crush.

Dude, Mike Mamula much? He's big, he's strong, he's athletic. He might be the biggest boom or bust pick in this draft.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 24 April 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

Dude, Mike Mamula much? He's big, he's strong, he's athletic. He might be the biggest boom or bust pick in this draft.

That's why I want him in the 2nd, not the 1st. If he slips, cool. We grab him and develop him.

#10 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 24 April 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

That's why I want him in the 2nd, not the 1st. If he slips, cool. We grab him and develop him.

I guess I just think the Jets aren't in the position to be taking boom or bust picks right now. They need to hit with at least above average starters in the first 3 rounds in my mind. Once they've built a solid foundation they can take fliers on the Margus Hunts of the world.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 24 April 2013 - 09:56 AM, said:

I guess I just think the Jets aren't in the position to be taking boom or bust picks right now. They need to hit with at least above average starters in the first 3 rounds in my mind. Once they've built a solid foundation they can take fliers on the Margus Hunts of the world.

I don't see him as any more of a risk than Ansah or Mingo and considering that those guys will be Top 10, grabbing Hunt int he 2nd is good value.

#12 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

I should also add I really like Robert Woods from USC. I like him in the 2nd round as a complimentary receiver, but now I'm starting to read he might go in the 1st. This is going to sound ridiculous...but he reminds me of Jerry Rice. Now I in no way mean to imply I think he will be anywhere near as good as Jerry Rice. But his style and body build are similar.

Woods has good height at 6'-0" but isn't overly bulky at 200 lbs. He didn't test particularly well in any drill at the combine, but that isn't his strength. He runs fantastic routes to any point on the field, has good hands, can create after the catch, and does all the little things to be successful.

Posted Image

PS - That's Robert Woods that Sharmako Thomas is picking a pass off in front of in that photo above.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

I'm going to catch so much shit for saying this... but... I'd like Matt Barkley in the 3rd. To me, he's the anti-Sanchez. He's a 4 year starter. He's poised. He's had ups and downs already. The talent is there. This year's USC team had no OL so he took a beating. I think he has marginal 1st round talent and can be our answer at QB.

I know, I know... USC QBS SUCK! LETS NEVER DRAFT A USC QB AGAIN!!!!!!

#14 User is online   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

Rambo is a player. Just seems to be around the ball every play. I think he actually fits what Rex likes to do with a safety to a tee. Able to hit, play in the box, all around the field.

As for Washington... I never noticed him at Georgia honestly, so I can't really form much of an opinion.

God I hope we don't take a guard in the first round...

#15 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 24 April 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

God I hope we don't take a guard in the first round...

Yeah its not my choice either.

#16 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

I am not a huge college guy but after watching NFLN I am a fan of Shawn Williams out of Georgia.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 24 April 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

I am not a huge college guy but after watching NFLN I am a fan of Shawn Williams out of Georgia.

Posted Image

Yeah, again, I'm a little rusty on ma Bulldogs...but the worry with Williams is his ability to stick with NFL receivers. He has great size and straight line speed, but the lateral agility and quickness is lacking.

But he could be the type Rex likes...an enforcer.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users