NYJetsFan.com Forums: I'm Sick Of All The Revis Talk - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Today's Jets news: Sign Chris Johnson - http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38339 | Host Sidney Rice - http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38341
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 02:34 PM) He ain't wearing 28
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:34 PM) Well considering they already retired #28 in honor of Curtis Martin, I don't see Johnson wearing #28.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:35 PM) Kind of defeats the purpose of retiring a number.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:39 PM) But I know he better not wear LaMont Jordan's number. Or I'll be pissed.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 02:40 PM) Snell
santana Icon : (Today, 02:41 PM) The title race is real
Chaos Icon : (Today, 02:42 PM) Jordan...what number was he? it was 30sometihng
Chaos Icon : (Today, 02:43 PM) tanaka had a great game today. gave up 2 hits due to bunts. 10K
Mr_Jet Icon : (Today, 02:48 PM) Jordan was #34 with the Jets.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:03 PM) Tanaka is looking like a stud
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) Jets added Vick, Chris Johnson, and Eric Decker to the offense.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) And this draft is loaded at the offensive skill positions
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:04 PM) Hopefully we can get anohter starting WR and starting TE in the draft
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:05 PM) Our offense could be much better than last year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:05 PM) can't get much worse than what it's been the last 2 years
santana Icon : (Today, 03:22 PM) Very cool
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 03:24 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:32 PM) still need another WR
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:33 PM) so i bet powell barely gets any touches this year and goodson gets cut
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:34 PM) Goodson is as good as gone.
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (Today, 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 05:34 PM) Sidney rice coming in for a visit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

I'm Sick Of All The Revis Talk We didnt win the Super Bowl with him.

#1 User is offline   Roenoe17 Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 33
  • Joined: 30-March 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

No one player is bigger than the team. Look at the contracts that A-rod got over his career and how many WS Championships has he won, Revis is great But Look at Namdi Asaomgia with Philly he signed for all that money and now he is gone. Revis is great but we need more help than a great corner. We were 5th in pass defense without him last year. We need help in the front seven so it don't come down to a corner. A good draft and move on I am a life long Jet Fan i have seen it all From Weeb Eubank, to Walt Micheal's , To Dreaded Joe Walton, To Pete Carroll, to Rex, The players play, and if they wanna stay they can stay. If i were an owner i would not let someone dictate to me that he was worth more than my team either, it would be my money and i spend it how i want to. $16 Mill a year really, is any of them worth that. I cannot afford to get season tickets anymore and definitely take my family anymore. Screw him let him go and lets Move on in the draft.
0

#2 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,141
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

View PostRoenoe17, on 24 April 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

No one player is bigger than the team. Look at the contracts that A-rod got over his career and how many WS Championships has he won, Revis is great But Look at Namdi Asaomgia with Philly he signed for all that money and now he is gone. Revis is great but we need more help than a great corner. We were 5th in pass defense without him last year. We need help in the front seven so it don't come down to a corner. A good draft and move on I am a life long Jet Fan i have seen it all From Weeb Eubank, to Walt Micheal's , To Dreaded Joe Walton, To Pete Carroll, to Rex, The players play, and if they wanna stay they can stay. If i were an owner i would not let someone dictate to me that he was worth more than my team either, it would be my money and i spend it how i want to. $16 Mill a year really, is any of them worth that. I cannot afford to get season tickets anymore and definitely take my family anymore. Screw him let him go and lets Move on in the draft.


Yeah it's Revis' and the other player's fault that you can't afford season tickets anymore. It's not like Woody Johnson having to pay off a 650 million dollar loan that helped build a brand new stadium has anything to do with higher ticket prices. :rolleyes:


Boy, I have to gives these NFL owners credit. They have successfully gotten the fans to buy their line of bullshit that it's the player's fault for higher ticket prices. Unbelievable.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.
0

#3 User is offline   Roenoe17 Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 33
  • Joined: 30-March 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 24 April 2013 - 09:08 PM, said:

Yeah it's Revis' and the other player's fault that you can't afford season tickets anymore. It's not like Woody Johnson having to pay off a 650 million dollar loan that helped build a brand new stadium has anything to do with higher ticket prices. :rolleyes:/>/>


Boy, I have to gives these NFL owners credit. They have successfully gotten the fans to buy their line of bullshit that it's the player's fault for higher ticket prices. Unbelievable.


Lets get real none of them give a crap about us the fan so don't get twisted thinking that the owners are the only greedy ones. The players the owners the coaches all of them make tooooo much money, its just sports not life. This country cant get straight on how to pay Police officers, Firemen, Teachers for the children of our future, no pensions, But we pay Billions upon Billions into the entertainment industry, and frankly none of them are paying into my family income, or yours for that matter, so its just entertainment so if they can get more money elsewhere let them go get it. I am a Jet fan not on Revis Jock or Woody's for that Matter.
0

#4 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,693
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostRoenoe17, on 24 April 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

Lets get real none of them give a crap about us the fan so don't get twisted thinking that the owners are the only greedy ones. The players the owners the coaches all of them make tooooo much money, its just sports not life. This country cant get straight on how to pay Police officers, Firemen, Teachers for the children of our future, no pensions, But we pay Billions upon Billions into the entertainment industry, and frankly none of them are paying into my family income, or yours for that matter, so its just entertainment so if they can get more money elsewhere let them go get it. I am a Jet fan not on Revis Jock or Woody's for that Matter.


If you feel so passionately about this...don't support the NFL. Don't watch the games, don't talk about it online, don't go to games, don't buy merchandise, etc. If you don't do that then the NFL won't make money.

Instead, you could donate all that time and money you just found to the police, firemen, teachers, etc.
Posted Image
0

#5 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,141
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

View PostRoenoe17, on 24 April 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

Lets get real none of them give a crap about us the fan so don't get twisted thinking that the owners are the only greedy ones. The players the owners the coaches all of them make tooooo much money, its just sports not life. This country cant get straight on how to pay Police officers, Firemen, Teachers for the children of our future, no pensions, But we pay Billions upon Billions into the entertainment industry, and frankly none of them are paying into my family income, or yours for that matter, so its just entertainment so if they can get more money elsewhere let them go get it. I am a Jet fan not on Revis Jock or Woody's for that Matter.


Well once millions of Americans decide that they want to watch firefighters put out fires, polices officers protect and serve, and teachers teach; then they'll make millions of dollars too. Don't hate the players and owners for providing entertainment (football) that is popular and profitable. If firefighting, policing, soldiering, and teaching were all so popular that millions of people were willing to watch those things, TV networks would put it on TV and charge companies millions for advertising time. THAT's why the NFL is popular. Because people would rather spend 3 hours watching a football game than watch a teacher teach. Teachers, firefighters, cops I agree are more important, but millions of people aren't going to spend 3 hours to watch them do their jobs. And that's not the sports & entertainment industries fault. That's our "fault," the American public's fault for putting more of our money and attention towards football and not public sector workers.


Now with that said, Go Jets.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.
0

#6 User is offline   Roenoe17 Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 33
  • Joined: 30-March 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 24 April 2013 - 10:55 PM, said:

Well once millions of Americans decide that they want to watch firefighters put out fires, polices officers protect and serve, and teachers teach; then they'll make millions of dollars too. Don't hate the players and owners for providing entertainment (football) that is popular and profitable. If firefighting, policing, soldiering, and teaching were all so popular that millions of people were willing to watch those things, TV networks would put it on TV and charge companies millions for advertising time. THAT's why the NFL is popular. Because people would rather spend 3 hours watching a football game than watch a teacher teach. Teachers, firefighters, cops I agree are more important, but millions of people aren't going to spend 3 hours to watch them do their jobs. And that's not the sports & entertainment industries fault. That's our "fault," the American public's fault for putting more of our money and attention towards football and not public sector workers.


Now with that said, Go Jets.


And I agree lets go Jets not Revis He is gone but the J E T S Jets Jets Jets are still Here. I want to support who is here not who's is gone I wanna beat him on the first game of the season I want Mark Sanchez or whoever is at QB to have a great game not Revis have a great game. Lets Talk Jets Not just Revis. Like I said in the very Beginning. Read the post clearly.
0

#7 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,141
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

View PostRoenoe17, on 24 April 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

And I agree lets go Jets not Revis He is gone but the J E T S Jets Jets Jets are still Here. I want to support who is here not who's is gone I wanna beat him on the first game of the season I want Mark Sanchez or whoever is at QB to have a great game not Revis have a great game. Lets Talk Jets Not just Revis. Like I said in the very Beginning. Read the post clearly.



Whoa whoa whoa, new guy. Don't come up in here trying to dictate what people can and can not talk about. Revis WAS a Jet and he was traded just a few days ago, so it's only natural people are going to talk about him and the trade on a Jets message board. It's not like it happened 10 years ago. And I'll talk about Revis, or Vilma, or Abraham, or John Riggins if I want to. I read your post clearly and I responded clearly. You don't want to read posts about Revis...then don't read them. It's that simple. Nobody is putting a gun to your head and making you read these posts about Revis. You were the one that made ANOTHER Revis thread. For somebody who is sick of all the Revis talk, you shouldn't have made another thread about Revis. What did you think was going to happen?
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.
0

#8 User is offline   Roenoe17 Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 33
  • Joined: 30-March 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 25 April 2013 - 01:46 AM, said:

Whoa whoa whoa, new guy. Don't come up in here trying to dictate what people can and can not talk about. Revis WAS a Jet and he was traded just a few days ago, so it's only natural people are going to talk about him and the trade on a Jets message board. It's not like it happened 10 years ago. And I'll talk about Revis, or Vilma, or Abraham, or John Riggins if I want to. I read your post clearly and I responded clearly. You don't want to read posts about Revis...then don't read them. It's that simple. Nobody is putting a gun to your head and making you read these posts about Revis. You were the one that made ANOTHER Revis thread. For somebody who is sick of all the Revis talk, you shouldn't have made another thread about Revis. What did you think was going to happen?


New Guy See you guys think you know every thing look at my join date pal been on sight same time as you March 05 I just dont flap my gums when i don't have nothing positive to say. and if I'm sick of Revis I have a right to be sick of Revis and express it when i want to. just like you can flap about Abraham, or Vilma or Riggins or Abdul Sallam, or Ma
tt Snelling, or Emerson Boozer.
0

#9 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 172
  • Joined: 03-January 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toledo, OH

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

View PostRoenoe17, on 24 April 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

New Guy See you guys think you know every thing look at my join date pal been on sight same time as you March 05 I just dont flap my gums when i don't have nothing positive to say. and if I'm sick of Revis I have a right to be sick of Revis and express it when i want to. just like you can flap about Abraham, or Vilma or Riggins or Abdul Sallam, or Ma
tt Snelling, or Emerson Boozer.

I hope the grammar police arrest both you and 115
"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

Quote from my wife when I told her I liked Tebow, but that he sucks as a QB
0

#10 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,141
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

View PostRoenoe17, on 24 April 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

New Guy See you guys think you know every thing look at my join date pal been on sight same time as you March 05 I just dont flap my gums when i don't have nothing positive to say. and if I'm sick of Revis I have a right to be sick of Revis and express it when i want to. just like you can flap about Abraham, or Vilma or Riggins or Abdul Sallam, or Ma
tt Snelling, or Emerson Boozer.


You're new. You have 22 posts in 8 years. But that's not important. If you're sick of Revis and Revis threads, fine be sick of him. But don't tell people to stop talking about it (the Revis trade) just because YOU are sick of people talking about it. Like I said, nobody is making you read these posts about Revis. If you're sick of reading about him then my suggestion to you is, don't click on the threads about Revis then. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.
0

#11 User is offline   Roenoe17 Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 33
  • Joined: 30-March 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 25 April 2013 - 04:46 AM, said:

You're new. You have 22 posts in 8 years. But that's not important. If you're sick of Revis and Revis threads, fine be sick of him. But don't tell people to stop talking about it (the Revis trade) just because YOU are sick of people talking about it. Like I said, nobody is making you read these posts about Revis. If you're sick of reading about him then my suggestion to you is, don't click on the threads about Revis then. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.


That is my point I never said that I was Sick of Reading on this sight about Revis or that no one on the sight can talk about Revis. I was saying that I am sick of all the Revis talk on ESPN, NFL Network, Local News, Every sports page, There is more to the Jets than Revis. If you or anyone else have to talk about Revis you can talk If you don't want to hear that I am sick if Revis Don't Read My Post. I am sick of all the Revis Talk I'm looking forward to the Draft Tonight.
0

#12 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,141
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:26 AM

View PostRoenoe17, on 25 April 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

That is my point I never said that I was Sick of Reading on this sight about Revis or that no one on the sight can talk about Revis. I was saying that I am sick of all the Revis talk on ESPN, NFL Network, Local News, Every sports page, There is more to the Jets than Revis. If you or anyone else have to talk about Revis you can talk If you don't want to hear that I am sick if Revis Don't Read My Post. I am sick of all the Revis Talk I'm looking forward to the Draft Tonight.



I just find it odd that you're sick of the Revis talk and want it to end.....but yet you contribute to even more talk about Revis. The Revis talk (here at least) had died down by yesterday. Until this thread.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.
0

#13 User is offline   Roenoe17 Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 33
  • Joined: 30-March 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 25 April 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

I just find it odd that you're sick of the Revis talk and want it to end.....but yet you contribute to even more talk about Revis. The Revis talk (here at least) had died down by yesterday. Until this thread.


You obviously get my point and you have nothing else to ad so as I said I'm looking forward to the draft tonight I enjoyed the dialog I'm done.
0

#14 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,693
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

Lock thread please.
Posted Image
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users