NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jets Select Dee Milliner With #9 - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

"We're not a bad football team; we just do stupid stuff," said Eric Decker
Jetsfan115 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:28 AM) i need to install handrails with all you peeps hopping aboard the fire izdik train, not joking anymore huh?
santana Icon : (28 October 2014 - 11:58 AM) I've been sayin fire idzik since thanksgiving 2010
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 01:11 PM) When you started hating Idzik it was before you could rationally hate him, there was no reason. Chances are the next GM and coach we hire will suck as well, the Jets are just one of that organizations that can never get it right
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 02:46 PM) FIRE IZDICK
santana Icon : (28 October 2014 - 03:24 PM) harlem did you start brady or rivers
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 03:41 PM) I held out for Sunday and started Brady
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 03:42 PM) I have Gronk on my team in that league too so that worked out famously
santana Icon : (28 October 2014 - 03:44 PM) yeah that combo is OP
Jetsman05 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 04:52 PM) Harlem not in our league... doesn't matter
santana Icon : (28 October 2014 - 06:17 PM) you don't matter!
santana Icon : (28 October 2014 - 06:17 PM) and that wasn't a red card RIP SWANSEA
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 08:20 PM) Manish is really annoying with his vendetta against Idzik though, you can tell it's personal because he doesn't have his scoops anymore.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 08:20 PM) Since Idzik has became GM, Manish has lost all of his sources.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 08:21 PM) its clear that this bothers Manish deeply and hes throwing little tantrums about it
azjetfan Icon : (28 October 2014 - 08:57 PM) Manish should not have a job. He and Idzik should be fired
SecondHandJets Icon : (28 October 2014 - 09:16 PM) Hey bitches
SecondHandJets Icon : (28 October 2014 - 09:16 PM) How's everyone enjoying your New York Jets?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 October 2014 - 09:28 PM) Jose Canseco just pulled a Plaxico Burress.
azjetfan Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:01 PM) Shot himself in the leg?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:05 PM) Shot his middle finger
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:09 PM) Suck for the Duck
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 AM) Milber didnt die for this
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:30 PM) How pissed are we all going to be if Vick comes in and wins a bunch of games knocking us out of the top 5 picks?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:32 PM) We are sitting in either 2 or 3 depending on the tie breaker with Jax
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 12:32 PM) If Oakland can pull out a couple wins we would be in good shape.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:35 PM) Vick=$$$
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:09 PM) THE BEETS
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:10 PM) Patty mayonnaise never gave up that poon
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:51 PM) Game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) Forget the Beets
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) forget game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) THE KNICKS
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:07 PM) No one cares about the Knicks
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:07 PM) NO ONE LIKES MILLHOUSE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:14 PM) No one cares about Santana
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) after we traded you
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:36 PM) Well fine! I'll start another fanboard with black jack and hookers! Infact forget the fanboard!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:27 PM) Was the best time of your playing days the Monday night game against Dallas in 05??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:31 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=3MQnxQdvIgY
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:32 PM) just go to 2:50
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:33 PM) and 4:15
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:48 AM) everyone i have a confession
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:48 AM) santana is a solid individual
Chaos Icon : (Today, 07:41 AM) hacked?
Chaos Icon : (Today, 07:41 AM) Brady vs Denver or Brees vs Carolina?
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Jets Select Dee Milliner With #9

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

NFL Draft 2013: Jets select Alabama DB Dee Milliner

Dee Milliner said on Wednesday that he could be the guy to replace Darrelle Revis.

Now he has to prove it.

The Jets selected the Alabama DB with the No. 9 overall pick in the draft. Despite some lingering medical concerns, which could keep him out for roughly another month, Milliner was confident that he'd be ready to go by the start of training camp.

Milliner played his senior year with a torn labrum and had surgery following the season, his fifth career surgery. The other surgeries: right knee scope, sports hernia, right tibia stress fracture and another shoulder surgery.

The 5-11, 200-pound cornerback rose from the ranks of Nickel corner to starter once Dre Kirkpatrick went to the Bengals in the 2012 Draft. Injury concerns aside, he provides the Jets with an athletic, physical presence at the position alongside Antonio Cromartie and Kyle Wilson.

In total, he started 30 of 39 games for the Crimson Tide, finishing with 136 tackles and six interceptions.

At the combine he ran a 4.37 40-yard dash.

http://www.nj.com/je...select_ala.html

#2 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

Smart. Solid. Good.

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 25 April 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

Smart. Solid. Good. dumb. retarded. bad.

fixed
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#4 User is online   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

Everyone who wanted Revis gone, I hope from the bottom of my heart that you all enjoy Dee Milliner and Sheldon Richardson. I really hope this turns out to be worth it because I'm not happy with the way the draft is going at all.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 26 April 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

Everyone who wanted Revis gone, I hope from the bottom of my heart that you all enjoy Dee Milliner and Sheldon Richardson. I really hope this turns out to be worth it because I'm not happy with the way the draft is going at all.

Revis is not here not because we thought we could replace him. Woody Johnson had 16 million reasons to trade Revis.

#6 User is online   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:14 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 26 April 2013 - 12:12 AM, said:

Revis is not here not because we thought we could replace him. Woody Johnson had 16 million reasons to trade Revis.

Explanations aside I couldn't care less. Just hope you all are stoked about the draft class. Someone has to be.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:14 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 26 April 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

Charlie Casserly made a good point tonight, its not just the draft picks the Jets should be judged on. Its also the $56 mil in cap space over the next 4 yeras the Jets freed up by not paying him that contract and paying these rookies little.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:13 AM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 26 April 2013 - 12:14 AM, said:

Explanations aside I couldn't care less. Just hope you all are stoked about the draft class. Someone has to be.

I'll be that person. I'm pretty happy with the first day of the draft.

View PostJetsfan0099, on 26 April 2013 - 12:14 AM, said:

Charlie Casserly made a good point tonight, its not just the draft picks the Jets should be judged on. Its also the $56 mil in cap space over the next 4 yeras the Jets freed up by not paying him that contract and paying these rookies little.

Bingo.

#9 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

Obviously we would've preferred to get some pass rush rather than a CB that's already had 5 surgeries, but people REALLY need to get over Revis not being here anymore. Let's focus ont he team that we do have rather than players that didn't want to be here.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 25 April 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

ok we got cap room. good, what do we do with cap room? oh yeah it means we'll have to overpay for a good free agent player everyone is bidding on and wind up paying someone like bart scott 10 mil a year to be average.

Also overtype he lets up a catch were gonna hear he sucks and revis wouldn't have let that happen
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 26 April 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

ok we got cap room. good, what do we do with cap room? oh yeah it means we'll have to overpay for a good free agent player everyone is bidding on and wind up paying someone like bart scott 10 mil a year to be average.

Also overtype he lets up a catch were gonna hear he sucks and revis wouldn't have let that happen

Dude, your hatred is just becoming blind and irrational.

You can't judge Idzik yet, it's literally impossible. You can disagree with some of the moves, but you have to let them play out before you can go ape shit over him.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 26 April 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

I'd rather pay 10 million for someone bound to be average than 16 million to get the same result. Let's see how the ex-Jet plays this season before flipping out claiming there's no way we should've let him walk. Can we at least see that first?

The cap room allows us to fill MULTIPLE holes rather than investing 13% of our total cap space on one player that's NOT going to affect our ability to win a Superbowl or not.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#13 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 26 April 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

Dude, your hatred is just becoming blind and irrational.

You can't judge Idzik yet, it's literally impossible. You can disagree with some of the moves, but you have to let them play out before you can go ape shit over him.

But i can judge him. You see we let revis go to save money and to get a draft pick to fill needs. things like o-line, QB, WR, OLB, Safety. Instead he drafts a CB and a Dlineman.

that means our last 5 first round picks were 3 d-lineman and 2 CBs. WTF gives. still haven't gotten a OLB.

So we downgraded at CB, cause even if milner is awesome he will never be as good as revis. SO we save a bunch of money. what are we gonna do with that money? use it on free agents. players we will have to overpay for average players
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

Who is Milner?

Plays for Manchester City, no?

#15 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 26 April 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

Who is Milner?

Plays for Manchester City, no?

He plays for the same team as barrnet
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 26 April 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

It means we resign our own instead of them going to Miami like Keller. Hopefully we can draft well and have a need to resign players. We are always going to loose some players due to contracts or whatever but lets at least try to have some cap room to make moves instead of always restructuring, releasing or being right at the cap. Imagine if we had the cap room to make a real run @ Manning last year.
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 26 April 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

It means we resign our own instead of them going to Miami like Keller. Hopefully we can draft well and have a need to resign players. We are always going to loose some players due to contracts or whatever but lets at least try to have some cap room to make moves instead of always restructuring, releasing or being right at the cap. Imagine if we had the cap room to make a real run @ Manning last year.

who do we need to resign? he didn't resign anyone. he let slauson and keller move on to cheap 1 year deals.
he let pohua walk, greene walk, we have nobody who we need to keep on our roster. name 1 person that we should not let walk at this ponit?
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 26 April 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

who do we need to resign? he didn't resign anyone. he let slauson and keller move on to cheap 1 year deals.
he let pohua walk, greene walk, we have nobody who we need to keep on our roster. name 1 person that we should not let walk at this ponit?

You are thinking short term not long term.
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 26 April 2013 - 01:57 PM, said:

You are thinking short term not long term.

slauson and keller could both be here in their prome for the next 5 years. taht is long term. i'll give you pohua cause he's getting old but keller and slauson are both young, above average starters who dind't break the bank to sign elsehwere
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 26 April 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

slauson and keller could both be here in their prome for the next 5 years. taht is long term. i'll give you pohua cause he's getting old but keller and slauson are both young, above average starters who dind't break the bank to sign elsehwere

We get it, you don't like Idzik, can we move on now? Or better yet, is there ANY possibility whatsoever that you're wrong about everything? You talk like a GM but spell like a window licker, it's begining to make me sincerely doubt that your posts have any relevance at all.
"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

Quote from my wife when I told her I liked Tebow, but that he sucks as a QB

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users