NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jets Select Sheldon Richardson With #13 - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

www.firejohnidzik.com
MikeGangGree... Icon : (28 October 2014 - 10:09 PM) Suck for the Duck
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:57 AM) Milber didnt die for this
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:30 PM) How pissed are we all going to be if Vick comes in and wins a bunch of games knocking us out of the top 5 picks?
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:32 PM) We are sitting in either 2 or 3 depending on the tie breaker with Jax
azjetfan Icon : (29 October 2014 - 12:32 PM) If Oakland can pull out a couple wins we would be in good shape.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 October 2014 - 01:35 PM) Vick=$$$
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:09 PM) THE BEETS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) Patty mayonnaise never gave up that poon
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:51 PM) Game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) Forget the Beets
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) forget game 7
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 07:54 PM) THE KNICKS
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) No one cares about the Knicks
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 08:07 PM) NO ONE LIKES MILLHOUSE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:14 PM) No one cares about Santana
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:15 PM) after we traded you
santana Icon : (29 October 2014 - 09:36 PM) Well fine! I'll start another fanboard with black jack and hookers! Infact forget the fanboard!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:27 PM) Was the best time of your playing days the Monday night game against Dallas in 05??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:31 PM) https://www.youtube....h?v=3MQnxQdvIgY
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:32 PM) just go to 2:50
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 October 2014 - 10:33 PM) and 4:15
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) everyone i have a confession
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 AM) santana is a solid individual
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) hacked?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 AM) Brady vs Denver or Brees vs Carolina?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Brady
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 AM) Saints blow on the road
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:57 AM) Santana at his best https://www.youtube....h?v=CgmfTyITaY0
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) Correction that's Quincy carter at his best
NJAzrael71 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) Brees vs Carolina or Kaepernick vs St Louis? St Louis gives up the most to QB's but Brees can light up Carolina's D.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:25 PM) Milber is love Milber is life
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) seems like vick still has that fast ball
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:57 PM) $$
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) dipping my toe into this fanduel thing... just for basketball because it makes more sense to me than football
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:33 PM) anyone played on it before
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 05:04 PM) We could use Quincy Carter right now
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:27 PM) pro basketball or college
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:28 PM) pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) I did it for two years it was frustrating
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:33 PM) I've given up on nba and mlb fantasy too many lineup changes
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) I'm on draft kings
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:39 PM) THE KNICKS
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:13 AM) START BRAD SMITH
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:13 AM) MIZZOU
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:25 AM) SMITH-SIAH
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Jets Select Sheldon Richardson With #13

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

NFL Draft 2013: Jets select Missouri DT Sheldon Richardson at No. 13

Ignoring the offense completely in the first round, the Jets round out their opening two picks with another defensive player.

This time, it's Missouri DT Sheldon Richardson.

Giving a nod to the Rex Ryan-era drafts of recent memory, the Jets are continuing to upgrade their defense, first nabbing cornerback Dee Milliner and then grabbing Richardson, a 6-2 1/2 294-pound defensive tackle out of Missouri.

Richardson was an All-SEC honoree that led the Tigers in tackles for a loss (10 1/2), adding 75 total stops and four sacks.

A JUCO transfer, Richardson has had some charachter issues in the past. According to the Pro Football Weekly draft guide, he has a "big mouth, coachability and maturity have been issues."

Still, his productivity is undeniable on third and fourth down, registering 30 of his 75 stops on crucial downs.

The pick could be a sign that the Jets are moving to a 4-3 scheme, or at least that Ryan still has a big presence in the Draft room, still.

http://www.nj.com/je...select_mis.html

#2 User is offline   bluelinecop Icon

• 04 L.F. Award/05 Best Mod Award/06 Best Sig Award
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

Rex is still running the show. We are fuuuuuuuuucked.
Fifteen years ago after an especially disappointing loss to Miami, Esiason, then the Jets' quarterback, was making the seven-mile drive from the Meadowlands back to Manhattan.
While he was slogging through stop-and-go traffic at the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel, the car next to him was violently rear-ended. The quarterback threw his car into park, hopped out and ran to the woman whose car had been hit. She was wearing, of all things, an Esiason jersey, and was utterly shocked when he tapped on her window to check on her.
"Are you OK?" he said, trying to keep calm. "Are you OK?"
"Boomer? Is that you?" she asked the Good Samaritan, sounding disoriented. "I think I'm OK, but . ... "
But what?
"But you guys sucked."
Welcome to the New York Jets, Tim Tebow.

http://modernworldphotography.com/
http://fineartameric...dos-santos.html

#3 User is offline   The Reverend Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

Can someone tell me why Richardson over Star or Floyd? I want to feel better about this pick and I know nothing about sheldon
Sal Paolantonio commenting on the difference in the Ryan and Mangini atmospheres in the building:
"It's like going from Alcatraz to Dorney Park."

It is better to destroy than create what is meaningless, so the picture will not be finished.
erikcoleman#26

#4 User is offline   bluelinecop Icon

• 04 L.F. Award/05 Best Mod Award/06 Best Sig Award
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

View PostThe Reverend, on 25 April 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

Can someone tell me why Richardson over Star or Floyd? I want to feel better about this pick and I know nothing about sheldon

He is a one year wonder. I don't think he was higher than 20 on ANY mock draft. Star or Floyd would have made so much more sense.
Fifteen years ago after an especially disappointing loss to Miami, Esiason, then the Jets' quarterback, was making the seven-mile drive from the Meadowlands back to Manhattan.
While he was slogging through stop-and-go traffic at the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel, the car next to him was violently rear-ended. The quarterback threw his car into park, hopped out and ran to the woman whose car had been hit. She was wearing, of all things, an Esiason jersey, and was utterly shocked when he tapped on her window to check on her.
"Are you OK?" he said, trying to keep calm. "Are you OK?"
"Boomer? Is that you?" she asked the Good Samaritan, sounding disoriented. "I think I'm OK, but . ... "
But what?
"But you guys sucked."
Welcome to the New York Jets, Tim Tebow.

http://modernworldphotography.com/
http://fineartameric...dos-santos.html

#5 User is online   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

View PostThe Reverend, on 25 April 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

It just shows our new regime goes BPA. They stick to the board. Most teams that do that, normally have success. Fingers crossed.

View Postbluelinecop, on 25 April 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

He is a one year wonder. I don't think he was higher than 20 on ANY mock draft. Star or Floyd would have made so much more sense.

Will be interesting to see if that first part is true. Was AWESOME last year, took on more competition and double teams last year in SEC. I still think he's a strong player.

#6 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

Same bullshit different year. Lots of Gems in the later rounds. Better not f-ck that up. Jarvis Jones should of been a jet instead of Richardson.

#7 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

View Postreg83ny, on 25 April 2013 - 11:03 PM, said:

Same bullshit different year. Lots of Gems in the later rounds. Better not f-ck that up. Jarvis Jones should of been a jet instead of Richardson.

Better not f*** it up? This entire week for the Jets has been one big f*** up.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#8 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

I dont feel confident about this pick because I don't know much about Richardson. He was never mocked to the Jets. Seems like 4-3 guy. Kinda odd that we took him with Star still on the board.

There were no offensive players to take at 9 or 13. I'm not mad that we went defense/defense and if a guy like Margus Hunt or Zach Brown is there when we pick in the 2nd, I wouldn't mind that either.

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:23 PM

They say Richardson is a freak. Long arms and is real athletic for a big man. I don't think NFL people were nearly as high on Floyd as others are, I saw a comment saying how NFL teams didn't view him as high as the "idiots on TV".

I'm just not thrilled at the position, taking a interior DL again. I want to get faster at LB. Though we should be somewhat faster with the addition of Antwan Barnes and Demario Davis starting.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

I don't mind the position. Clearly, to me at least, the Jets went BPA on their board. With Austin going #8, I pretty much assumed they would draft Milliner. There was no one else that fit the slot. At #13, I thought they would go Star. Again, I don't know anything about Richardson but I know Rex loves his DLs so I'm going to defer to him since that's his bread and butter.

#11 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:29 PM

Floyd falling as far as he did means a lot of teams didn't like him. I'm cool with the jets passing on him because I honestly hate the track records of gators transitioning into the NFL (and no it has nothing to do with my opinion of the team).

I wanted Dee. I think he's going to be pretty good. 99% chance he is less than revis, but so was anyone else we would have drafted. Revis is gone...it is what it is. The jets more than likely took the best two players on their board after they were unable to make deals to trade down. Would have loved to have picked up an extra 2nd rounder with an early 20's pick but they obviously couldn't pull that in. This team isn't going to be good next year, might as well build with players the front office thinks will be productive when this team is good. Drafting for need at this point is pointless. The jets aren't going to address all their needs in one draft so you just have to take the best players. Our D-line could be very good in a few short years. 3 first round corners in our secondary... Gotta start somewhere. I'm good with what happened this evening...not what I expected but I'm happy with it.

On a side note...I really hope we land lattimore in the 3rd round.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#12 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:38 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 25 April 2013 - 11:35 PM, said:

Better not f*** it up? This entire week for the Jets has been one big f*** up.

Please the entire history of the Jets since the merger has been one big f*** up. It's truly baffling that this team has no f***ing clue year in and year out.
Hey! Lets trade the best corner of all time for peanuts and then draft an in proven guy to replace him. Bet be gets more guaranteed money too.
Posted Image

#13 User is online   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:12 AM

If Coples is moving outside - it could be that Idzik/Rex rate Coples as an OLB better than anyone that was on the board.

Also, to think we were not going to address the CB position just because we traded Revis is silly.

#14 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:04 AM

So I watched a lot of highlights, and I guess I get what the Jets see in him.

The Jets probably see him as the best interior pass rusher in this draft. I really like how he weeds through traffic and works through blocks all while keeping his eyes on the ball. That, to me, is a huge skill often overlooked in evaluating front 7 players. He is ridiculously light on his feet, and well built for a 300 pounder.

I think the main reason we are reacting negatively to the pick is because we hadn't heard a lot about him going to the Jets. I really liked Star Lotulelei, but if the Jets wanted an interior pass rusher Sheldon Richardson was surely their man, not Star. I wasn't as big a fan os Sharrif Floyd as others, but regardless he didn't really fit the Jets because he had his huge success as a 4-3 3-technique, being a bit of a disappointment playing end earlier in his career.

I do, however, worry about the character and effort questions. Obviously, I don't know any of this personally...but for me I'll take a less talented, max effort player any day of a gifted, lazy bum.
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:42 AM

So Tavon Austin, Chance Warmack, Dee Milliner, and Sheldon Richardson were the top 4 rated players on the Jets draft board.

If Tavon fell to 9 Manish said the Jets were going to draft him.

can't really fault the Jets for sticking to their draft board and grabbing the players they felt were the best.
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 26 April 2013 - 03:38 AM, said:

Please the entire history of the Jets since the merger has been one big f*** up. It's truly baffling that this team has no f***ing clue year in and year out.
Hey! Lets trade the best corner of all time for peanuts and then draft an in proven guy to replace him. Bet be gets more guaranteed money too.

You OBVIOUSLY haven't been paying attention. First......we've drafted MANY pro bowlers and All Pros. Second....where did we ever have the greatest CB of all time? Sure as fvck wasn't Darrelle Mevis. Having 2-3 great seasons doesn't make you the best of all time. Get over it. Mevis is gone. The first round draft choices were poor in that we didn't get a pass rush, but I'm thankful we stayed away from an overrated slot receiver. But yeah......Milliner's going to get more guaranteed money considering Mevis signed for nothing guaranteed but then again, Milliner won't put us in cap hell for years taking up 13% of the cap by himself like Revis does.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#17 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

View PostJetsman05, on 26 April 2013 - 06:12 AM, said:

If Coples is moving outside - it could be that Idzik/Rex rate Coples as an OLB better than anyone that was on the board.

Also, to think we were not going to address the CB position just because we traded Revis is silly.

Address it with their first pick when they already have Cromartie and drafted Wilson in the first round back in 2010? What happened to all that "the pass defense was still great without Revis last season" talk I've been hearing since January? I guess the pass defense will be even better now. But the Jets FO killed two birds with one stone with the Millner pick. They picked the best player they had on their board and filled a need (a need they created BTW).
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#18 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 26 April 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Address it with their first pick when they already have Cromartie and drafted Wilson in the first round back in 2010? What happened to all that "the pass defense was still great without Revis last season" talk I've been hearing since January? I guess the pass defense will be even better now. But the Jets FO killed two birds with one stone with the Millner pick. They picked the best player they had on their board and filled a need (a need they created BTW).

I was never in that crowd, I thought our pass defense was overrated. Our run defense blew and we played bad QBs. CB was definitely a need for us with Revis being traded. We probably could have survived without one, but if the Jets felt like Milliner was the best player on the board then they solved 2 issues, got the best player and it fit a need. Move Wilson back into the nickel.

Our pass rush should be improved next season. Sheldon Richardson is considered a good interior pass rusher.

This is what our DL could look like on passing downs next season

DE-Quinton Coples
DT-Muhammad Wilkerson
DT-Sheldon Richardson
DE-Antwan Barnes
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   Roenoe17 Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 26 April 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

I was never in that crowd, I thought our pass defense was overrated. Our run defense blew and we played bad QBs. CB was definitely a need for us with Revis being traded. We probably could have survived without one, but if the Jets felt like Milliner was the best player on the board then they solved 2 issues, got the best player and it fit a need. Move Wilson back into the nickel.

Our pass rush should be improved next season. Sheldon Richardson is considered a good interior pass rusher.

This is what our DL could look like on passing downs next season

DE-Quinton Coples
DT-Muhammad Wilkerson
DT-Sheldon Richardson
DE-Antwan Barnes

I would Add
DE-Quinton Coples
DT-Kendrick Ellis
DE-Muhammad Wilkerson

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic