NYJetsFan.com Forums: Mike And Mike This Morning - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

2014 NYJetsFan Fantasy League sign up: http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38425
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) He wants to build through the draft. Not blow the bank on FA. I get what your saying but there is a balance and right now we are not one or two pieces away.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:00 PM) It's not about being one or two pieces away. It's about keeping the good pieces you have and building upon that.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:04 PM) But there is no sense in trying to build through the draft if he's only going to end up letting the good players he picks up go in FA after a few years. All because he wants to do things on the cheap.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:02 AM) FIRE IDZIK
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:33 AM) out side of Revis who left we should have kept?
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:34 AM) The Revis deal sucks but $16 million was too much for a CB and once he was gone he was not coming back.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 11:00 AM) Matt Slauson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:00 PM) Eh. I think with our current cap situation we will be able to retain guys like Wilkerson and whomever we want to keep. We are in a good position right now.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:49 PM) Time will tell.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:00 PM) landed revis abck. got DRC, nope we take patterson who got owned and always hurt. milner always hurt. 3rd round CB done for season. were gonna get passed on all day
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:44 PM) Yea the DRC bit makes me iffy
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 03:35 PM) better then patterson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:45 PM) No I mean the fact that he whiffed on him.
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:46 PM) I'm not saying Idzik is perfect. I just like the direction we are heading. It's going to take some patience.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:27 PM) I like how our lack of secondary is the hot topic right now. The bigger issue is we still will not be able to throw the ball. We are not going to do much of anything regardless until we get a QB. Sorry for being so negative just my honest opinion.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:29 PM) With that said I think our running game with CJ and Powell will be top 10 or somewhere around there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:35 PM) i have faith that if geno messes up that vick can come in and do well. but i have 0 faith in our secondary right now which has been our strong point for the past 4 years or so
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:35 PM) I agree 115. but the one thing is Rex has done some good things in the past with shitty DBs and still had a solid D going back to his years in BAL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:37 PM) Corey Ivy CB
36 Jim Leonhard SS/PR
43 Haruki Nakamura FS
25 Evan Oglesby CB
20 Ed Reed FS
22 Samari Rolle CB
39 Daren Stone FS
41 Frank Walker CB
31 Fabian Washington in 2008
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:39 PM) Reed is a HOF but Rolle was way past his prime
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) SNOOPY BOWL FRIDAY!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:26 PM) I assume we will pick up a guy after the cuts happen.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 10:14 PM) we'll see but I think we see better QB play than we have in a while.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (20 August 2014 - 08:54 AM) disgusted with my local programming, instead of jets and giants they are airing the raiders vs packers..wtf
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 09:23 AM) Glad I don't live up there anymore haha
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The JETS are #6 in the Forbes List for most franchise value
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 06:59 PM) The Buffalo Jills are #31 and the Miami Dolphags are #16 respectively
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 August 2014 - 07:00 PM) The JETS are worth $1.8 billion
jet-man Icon : (20 August 2014 - 10:03 PM) that's less than the clippers
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 01:07 PM) I'm very excited with the amount of preseason touchdowns the Jets have
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 03:21 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 07:22 PM) Calvin Pryor and Darrin Walls will start tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 08:52 PM) The SIMPSONS MARATHON has been on for almost 12 hours...
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 08:57 PM) Sanchez looks so much more confident and better in Chip's offense than he did with us
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 August 2014 - 09:50 PM) EVERY SIMPSONS EVER!!!!!
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:10 AM) Sanchez is looking good for the eagles. Crazy how a good offense and the right system can make you look so much better. When you're put into a situatuon to succeed, magic happens. Happy for Sanchez, i think he needed a change just as much as the Jets did.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:02 AM) Preseason doesn't matter at all
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:10 AM) anyone have a stream for the preseaosn agme by chance?
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:06 PM) Don't read to much into Mark in the preseason. He usually looked good in the preseason even in a Jets uniform.. Big difference from regular season where the 1st string defense is playing 100%.
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:09 PM) A lot of 1st stringers are just getting reps in and trying not to get injured. Its only the backups trying to keep or get a job playing hard every down. If preseason qb play meant anything then Matt Simms would be the starting qb of the Jets.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 12:00 AM) In Geno we trust
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:23 AM) preseason or not, our offense hasn't looked competent in a while like it does this year. our rushing attack should be very good. Chris Johnson and Chris Ivory could be a dynamic duo
santana Icon : (Today, 10:14 AM) http://youtu.be/2X0H709cJkA
santana Icon : (Today, 01:28 PM) 2-0 lead most dangerous kind of lead
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Mike And Mike This Morning

#1 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

The former Colts GM Bill Pollian was on and he loved the picks. He said Richardson has a unique talant of a big guy who can rush the passer. He also said it is not often you get a guy who can line up inside and create pressure. He spoke highly about this guy and made me feel alot better about it. He loved this pick

Also loved the Millner pick. He went on to say not only did we get on of the top prospects from this draft but it also fills a need.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 26 April 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

The former Colts GM Bill Pollian was on and he loved the picks. He said Richardson has a unique talant of a big guy who can rush the passer. He also said it is not often you get a guy who can line up inside and create pressure. He spoke highly about this guy and made me feel alot better about it. He loved this pick

Also loved the Millner pick. He went on to say not only did we get on of the top prospects from this draft but it also fills a need.

Feels a need that didn't have to be a need.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#3 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 26 April 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

Let it go already. The need was created by your boy's greed so rather than blaming Rex, Idzik or Woody, blame your boy.

The more I read about this Richardson kid, the more I like the pick. Cople slides outside and this kid goes and creates pressure inside. One of the two of them or Wilk should reach the QB or cause some disruptions. If that happens, it definitely negates the need for a primadonna CB.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#4 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 26 April 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

There are 16 million reasons why it was a need. That is 4 starters.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 26 April 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

Let it go already. The need was created by your boy's greed so rather than blaming Rex, Idzik or Woody, blame your boy.

The more I read about this Richardson kid, the more I like the pick. Cople slides outside and this kid goes and creates pressure inside. One of the two of them or Wilk should reach the QB or cause some disruptions. If that happens, it definitely negates the need for a primadonna CB.

its greedy to want to get paid what you deserve?
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 26 April 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

View Postazjetfan, on 26 April 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

There are 16 million reasons why it was a need. That is 4 starters.

But I thought the pass defense was still great without what's his name last season? I thought we had Cromartie and Wilson (a CB drafted in the first round just 3 years ago). When is Wilson going to start playing like a CB that deserved to be drafted in the first round?

The Jets trade away the best CB in the league on Sunday and draft a CB on Thursday with their first pick, and I guess nobody is suppose to notice that or mention that. You guys who wanted the greedy bastard gone won. :trink39: But I'll be laughing at you if you put Milliner on your "Duds" list at any point in the next 5 years. I will laugh if I see any of you bitching about his play (and his future contracts) in the future.

I like Milliner from the little I've seen of him so far. I hope he pans out....he better.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.

#7 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

I don't think Revis was greedy, and he is (was) the best CB in the NFL.

But that still doesn't mean it makes financial sense for a team to pay him 16 million a season. That's franchise QB money, and even then it hamstrings a team's ability to field a complete team.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 26 April 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

But I thought the pass defense was still great without what's his name last season? I thought we had Cromartie and Wilson (a CB drafted in the first round just 3 years ago). When is Wilson going to start playing like a CB that deserved to be drafted in the first round?

The Jets trade away the best CB in the league on Sunday and draft a CB on Thursday with their first pick, and I guess nobody is suppose to notice that or mention that. You guys who wanted the greedy bastard gone won. :trink39:/> But I'll be laughing at you if you put Millner on your "Duds" list at any point in the next 5 years. I will laugh if I see any of you bitching about his play (and his future contracts) in the future.

I like Millner from the little I've seen of him so far. I hope he pans out....he better.

To be clear I would have rather of kept Revis, However not @ $16 million. It is just to much money to put into one CB no matter how good he is. I dont blame Revis nor have any hate towards him. I will actually probably watch a Bucs game not to see him.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

Its not just about the player, its about the money saved. The Jets now have $56 extra mil in cap space over the next 4 years. That is also how you judge this trade, do the Jets use that money to make a better football team?

You can't fault the Jets for playing their board. All of the draft guys seem to think the Jets did good, I haven't watched much of Milliner or Richardson since I didn't think that is where we were going but people seem to be real high on both. Our DL actually looks really good right now.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

If (maybe I should say when) Mark Sanchez throws 16 interceptions this season, that's a million dollars for every INT.

It is what it is, it's over. But considering we don't really know how hands on Idzik was in Seattle when it came to evaluating talent (it's been said he probably was more of a salary cap focused guy), I don't have much faith that the money they're saving from not paying "you know who" will do any good if Idzik isn't a good talent evaluator. How many quality FAs in the prime of their careers hit the market BTW?

I guess we'll see. Hope for the best I guess is all we can do at this point.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#11 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

If everyone is still so upset about losing Revis...think of it this way:

By the time the Jets are contenders again, Revis will either be ineffective or off the team anyway.
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 26 April 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

If (maybe I should say when) Mark Sanchez throws 16 interceptions this season, that's a million dollars for every INT.

It is what it is, it's over. But considering we don't really know how hands on Idzik was in Seattle when it came to evaluating talent (it's been said he probably was more of a salary cap focused guy), I don't have much faith that the money they're saving from not paying "you know who" will do any good if Idzik isn't a good talent evaluator. How many quality FAs in the prime of their careers hit the market BTW?

I guess we'll see. Hope for the best I guess is all we can do at this point.

Bringing Sanchez into the trade conversation is pointless. Idzik had nothing to do with that and cant really do much with it. For now I am not going to get myself all worked up over what I cant control. Time will tell if Idzik is good or not. I am not happy Revis is gone but I can see why and with the information we know I agree. I think the draft has been not what we all expected but we have 2 good players to show for it.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 26 April 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

Bringing Sanchez into the trade conversation is pointless. Idzik had nothing to do with that and cant really do much with it. For now I am not going to get myself all worked up over what I cant control. Time will tell if Idzik is good or not. I am not happy Revis is gone but I can see why and with the information we know I agree. I think the draft has been not what we all expected but we have 2 good players to show for it.

As I've said before the buck stops with Woody Johnson. Honestly I don't put the blame for the Sanchez extension on Tannenbaum. At least not all of the blame on him. Woody is the one that has hired all these people.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#14 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 26 April 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

its greedy to want to get paid what you deserve?

I don't like losing the franchise's best ever draft pick and the most talented jet ever but think about it this way; by the time the jets will be competitive again (assuming we draft well from now on), Revis would be 30 years old. We would have paid him 50 million for 3 years of 4-8 win seasons. Those resources are better off being used to do what the jets have never been able to do which is tear it all down and begin again from scratch. We have spent too many years paying big money to FA's whose best days were behind them; all the while drafting like shit for the most part.
Until such time that Idzik shows he isn't up to the task of rebuilding the team, I will support him and his decisions. Last night on this board people were hating on the guy for the picks we made. Who knows, these 2 guys could both be pro bowl caliber players for years to come.
I definitely am hating how we went from a very solid team in 2009 to the embarrasment we were in 2012.

#15 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

View Postjetfan4life12, on 26 April 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

I don't like losing the franchise's best ever draft pick and the most talented jet ever but think about it this way; by the time the jets will be competitive again (assuming we draft well from now on), Revis would be 30 years old. We would have paid him 50 million for 3 years of 4-8 win seasons. Those resources are better off being used to do what the jets have never been able to do which is tear it all down and begin again from scratch. We have spent too many years paying big money to FA's whose best days were behind them; all the while drafting like shit for the most part.
Until such time that Idzik shows he isn't up to the task of rebuilding the team, I will support him and his decisions. Last night on this board people were hating on the guy for the picks we made. Who knows, these 2 guys could both be pro bowl caliber players for years to come.
I definitely am hating how we went from a very solid team in 2009 to the embarrassment we were in 2012.

2009 and 20101 we made the AFC champ game... tehn 2011 we slid back and 2012 can be sumed up in 1 word "buttfumble"

Idzik hans't proved or done anyhting in his career and his start of the jets was trading away our best player , drafting one that played teh same position, letting solid starters who are young walk away to 1 year deals, and not addressing our major needs.

He has struck out every chance he has gotten.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 26 April 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

2009 and 20101 we made the AFC champ game... tehn 2011 we slid back and 2012 can be sumed up in 1 word "buttfumble"

Idzik hans't proved or done anyhting in his career and his start of the jets was trading away our best player , drafting one that played teh same position, letting solid starters who are young walk away to 1 year deals, and not addressing our major needs.

He has struck out every chance he has gotten.

Dude...relax. You're not this type of fan. You've been on this board for years and never been a knee-jerk reactionary, why now? Idzik's career is only a few months old, how can we really pass judgement?

The decision to trade Revis was Woody's, not Idzik's. Chronology tells us this.

All told, he was able to get the 13th overall pick with absolutely ZERO leverage. That's actually pretty impressive.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users