NYJetsFan.com Forums: Mike And Mike This Morning - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

@DWAZ73 : One other thing: Idzik now has landed arguably No. 1 QB, RB and WR in free agency this offseason despite deliberate approach. #Jets
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:24 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:32 PM) still need another WR
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:33 PM) so i bet powell barely gets any touches this year and goodson gets cut
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:34 PM) Goodson is as good as gone.
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:34 PM) With all his legal issues and coming off injury he is done. Possibly even in the NFL
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:39 PM) Powell is average anyways.
Chaos Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:39 PM) @ProFootballTalk 5m

Per source, Chris Johnson's two-year deal has a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:40 PM) He does a lot of things well, but isn't talented enough. Johnson has breakaway ability still and Ivory is man beast running the football
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 03:41 PM) We will get another WR in the draft. Even in round 2 you can get a starting WR
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 04:09 PM) I am still standing by my CB in the first round and WR in the second prediction
santana Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:19 PM) The title race is bale
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:34 PM) Sidney rice coming in for a visit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:49 PM) I think the Jets are getting themselves ready to draft best player available
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 05:49 PM) Last year they stuck to their board
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:27 PM) if they sign him I think that means they look to take a CB round 1
2JBallar01 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:32 PM) “@AdamSchefter: RB Chris Johnson's 2-year deal with Jets has a team option in it for year two. Jets have option to pick up year two at $4M in February 2015.”
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:51 PM) @AlbertBreer 2m
Sidney Rice has agreed to terms with the Seahawks on a one-year deal, per source.
Expand
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:55 PM) There is really only 2 CBs worth taking at 18
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:56 PM) I rather get a offensive playmaker
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:58 PM) LaMont Jordan was 34
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 06:59 PM) liar
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:05 PM) He wore #34 when he played for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:05 PM) I should know I met him at an event in his last year with the JETS before he went to Oakland
ganggreen2003 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:05 PM) GFYS 0099 you shit talker
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:06 PM) http://www.nydailyne...entry-1.1758342
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:06 PM) there's no reason we can't have someone off this site on that list too
azjetfan Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:08 PM) Rice resigned with Seattle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 April 2014 - 07:08 PM) did you scare him into going to Oakland?
Chaos Icon : (16 April 2014 - 08:18 PM) unfortunately those sites are too much bigger than our
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 April 2014 - 10:51 PM) WOOOO
santana Icon : (16 April 2014 - 11:01 PM) I'm sure it's possible but this isn't a blog site as much as its a login and yell about the jets site
santana Icon : (16 April 2014 - 11:01 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 AM) yeah...TheGangGreen didn't participate either. they're represented as a forum too on Google
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:11 PM) offesnive tehhhh
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:46 PM) 05 on point today
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:36 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:31 PM) It's 0099's favorite day of the year
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) it's National High-5 day :WTF:
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) who the hell high 5's people anymore
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:32 PM) just dap and leave it there
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:43 PM) everyone high 5s
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 05:44 PM) bubba watson when he won the masters last weekend went through a gauntlet of high 5s
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:05 PM) GG03 is the high 5 master
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:07 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) People don't dap anymore either.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Mike And Mike This Morning

#1 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,761
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

The former Colts GM Bill Pollian was on and he loved the picks. He said Richardson has a unique talant of a big guy who can rush the passer. He also said it is not often you get a guy who can line up inside and create pressure. He spoke highly about this guy and made me feel alot better about it. He loved this pick

Also loved the Millner pick. He went on to say not only did we get on of the top prospects from this draft but it also fills a need.
Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,142
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 26 April 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

The former Colts GM Bill Pollian was on and he loved the picks. He said Richardson has a unique talant of a big guy who can rush the passer. He also said it is not often you get a guy who can line up inside and create pressure. He spoke highly about this guy and made me feel alot better about it. He loved this pick

Also loved the Millner pick. He went on to say not only did we get on of the top prospects from this draft but it also fills a need.


Feels a need that didn't have to be a need.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.
0

#3 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,520
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 26 April 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

Feels a need that didn't have to be a need.


Let it go already. The need was created by your boy's greed so rather than blaming Rex, Idzik or Woody, blame your boy.

The more I read about this Richardson kid, the more I like the pick. Cople slides outside and this kid goes and creates pressure inside. One of the two of them or Wilk should reach the QB or cause some disruptions. If that happens, it definitely negates the need for a primadonna CB.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#4 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,761
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 26 April 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

Feels a need that didn't have to be a need.

There are 16 million reasons why it was a need. That is 4 starters.
Posted Image
0

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,538
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 26 April 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

Let it go already. The need was created by your boy's greed so rather than blaming Rex, Idzik or Woody, blame your boy.

The more I read about this Richardson kid, the more I like the pick. Cople slides outside and this kid goes and creates pressure inside. One of the two of them or Wilk should reach the QB or cause some disruptions. If that happens, it definitely negates the need for a primadonna CB.


its greedy to want to get paid what you deserve?
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,142
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 26 April 2013 - 12:21 PM, said:

Let it go already. The need was created by your boy's greed so rather than blaming Rex, Idzik or Woody, blame your boy.

The more I read about this Richardson kid, the more I like the pick. Cople slides outside and this kid goes and creates pressure inside. One of the two of them or Wilk should reach the QB or cause some disruptions. If that happens, it definitely negates the need for a primadonna CB.


View Postazjetfan, on 26 April 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

There are 16 million reasons why it was a need. That is 4 starters.


But I thought the pass defense was still great without what's his name last season? I thought we had Cromartie and Wilson (a CB drafted in the first round just 3 years ago). When is Wilson going to start playing like a CB that deserved to be drafted in the first round?

The Jets trade away the best CB in the league on Sunday and draft a CB on Thursday with their first pick, and I guess nobody is suppose to notice that or mention that. You guys who wanted the greedy bastard gone won. :trink39: But I'll be laughing at you if you put Milliner on your "Duds" list at any point in the next 5 years. I will laugh if I see any of you bitching about his play (and his future contracts) in the future.

I like Milliner from the little I've seen of him so far. I hope he pans out....he better.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.
0

#7 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,693
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

I don't think Revis was greedy, and he is (was) the best CB in the NFL.

But that still doesn't mean it makes financial sense for a team to pay him 16 million a season. That's franchise QB money, and even then it hamstrings a team's ability to field a complete team.
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,761
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 26 April 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

But I thought the pass defense was still great without what's his name last season? I thought we had Cromartie and Wilson (a CB drafted in the first round just 3 years ago). When is Wilson going to start playing like a CB that deserved to be drafted in the first round?

The Jets trade away the best CB in the league on Sunday and draft a CB on Thursday with their first pick, and I guess nobody is suppose to notice that or mention that. You guys who wanted the greedy bastard gone won. :trink39:/> But I'll be laughing at you if you put Millner on your "Duds" list at any point in the next 5 years. I will laugh if I see any of you bitching about his play (and his future contracts) in the future.

I like Millner from the little I've seen of him so far. I hope he pans out....he better.


To be clear I would have rather of kept Revis, However not @ $16 million. It is just to much money to put into one CB no matter how good he is. I dont blame Revis nor have any hate towards him. I will actually probably watch a Bucs game not to see him.
Posted Image
0

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,952
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

Its not just about the player, its about the money saved. The Jets now have $56 extra mil in cap space over the next 4 years. That is also how you judge this trade, do the Jets use that money to make a better football team?

You can't fault the Jets for playing their board. All of the draft guys seem to think the Jets did good, I haven't watched much of Milliner or Richardson since I didn't think that is where we were going but people seem to be real high on both. Our DL actually looks really good right now.
Posted Image
0

#10 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,142
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

If (maybe I should say when) Mark Sanchez throws 16 interceptions this season, that's a million dollars for every INT.

It is what it is, it's over. But considering we don't really know how hands on Idzik was in Seattle when it came to evaluating talent (it's been said he probably was more of a salary cap focused guy), I don't have much faith that the money they're saving from not paying "you know who" will do any good if Idzik isn't a good talent evaluator. How many quality FAs in the prime of their careers hit the market BTW?

I guess we'll see. Hope for the best I guess is all we can do at this point.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.
0

#11 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,693
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

If everyone is still so upset about losing Revis...think of it this way:

By the time the Jets are contenders again, Revis will either be ineffective or off the team anyway.
Posted Image
0

#12 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,761
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 26 April 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

If (maybe I should say when) Mark Sanchez throws 16 interceptions this season, that's a million dollars for every INT.

It is what it is, it's over. But considering we don't really know how hands on Idzik was in Seattle when it came to evaluating talent (it's been said he probably was more of a salary cap focused guy), I don't have much faith that the money they're saving from not paying "you know who" will do any good if Idzik isn't a good talent evaluator. How many quality FAs in the prime of their careers hit the market BTW?

I guess we'll see. Hope for the best I guess is all we can do at this point.


Bringing Sanchez into the trade conversation is pointless. Idzik had nothing to do with that and cant really do much with it. For now I am not going to get myself all worked up over what I cant control. Time will tell if Idzik is good or not. I am not happy Revis is gone but I can see why and with the information we know I agree. I think the draft has been not what we all expected but we have 2 good players to show for it.
Posted Image
0

#13 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,142
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 26 April 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

Bringing Sanchez into the trade conversation is pointless. Idzik had nothing to do with that and cant really do much with it. For now I am not going to get myself all worked up over what I cant control. Time will tell if Idzik is good or not. I am not happy Revis is gone but I can see why and with the information we know I agree. I think the draft has been not what we all expected but we have 2 good players to show for it.



As I've said before the buck stops with Woody Johnson. Honestly I don't put the blame for the Sanchez extension on Tannenbaum. At least not all of the blame on him. Woody is the one that has hired all these people.
Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Posted Image
Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.
0

#14 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,075
  • Joined: 04-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Boca Raton, FL

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 26 April 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

its greedy to want to get paid what you deserve?

I don't like losing the franchise's best ever draft pick and the most talented jet ever but think about it this way; by the time the jets will be competitive again (assuming we draft well from now on), Revis would be 30 years old. We would have paid him 50 million for 3 years of 4-8 win seasons. Those resources are better off being used to do what the jets have never been able to do which is tear it all down and begin again from scratch. We have spent too many years paying big money to FA's whose best days were behind them; all the while drafting like shit for the most part.
Until such time that Idzik shows he isn't up to the task of rebuilding the team, I will support him and his decisions. Last night on this board people were hating on the guy for the picks we made. Who knows, these 2 guys could both be pro bowl caliber players for years to come.
I definitely am hating how we went from a very solid team in 2009 to the embarrasment we were in 2012.
0

#15 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,538
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

View Postjetfan4life12, on 26 April 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

I don't like losing the franchise's best ever draft pick and the most talented jet ever but think about it this way; by the time the jets will be competitive again (assuming we draft well from now on), Revis would be 30 years old. We would have paid him 50 million for 3 years of 4-8 win seasons. Those resources are better off being used to do what the jets have never been able to do which is tear it all down and begin again from scratch. We have spent too many years paying big money to FA's whose best days were behind them; all the while drafting like shit for the most part.
Until such time that Idzik shows he isn't up to the task of rebuilding the team, I will support him and his decisions. Last night on this board people were hating on the guy for the picks we made. Who knows, these 2 guys could both be pro bowl caliber players for years to come.
I definitely am hating how we went from a very solid team in 2009 to the embarrassment we were in 2012.


2009 and 20101 we made the AFC champ game... tehn 2011 we slid back and 2012 can be sumed up in 1 word "buttfumble"

Idzik hans't proved or done anyhting in his career and his start of the jets was trading away our best player , drafting one that played teh same position, letting solid starters who are young walk away to 1 year deals, and not addressing our major needs.

He has struck out every chance he has gotten.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#16 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,693
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 26 April 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

2009 and 20101 we made the AFC champ game... tehn 2011 we slid back and 2012 can be sumed up in 1 word "buttfumble"

Idzik hans't proved or done anyhting in his career and his start of the jets was trading away our best player , drafting one that played teh same position, letting solid starters who are young walk away to 1 year deals, and not addressing our major needs.

He has struck out every chance he has gotten.


Dude...relax. You're not this type of fan. You've been on this board for years and never been a knee-jerk reactionary, why now? Idzik's career is only a few months old, how can we really pass judgement?

The decision to trade Revis was Woody's, not Idzik's. Chronology tells us this.

All told, he was able to get the 13th overall pick with absolutely ZERO leverage. That's actually pretty impressive.
Posted Image
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users