NYJetsFan.com Forums: Bad News - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

santana Icon : (10 July 2014 - 09:00 AM) THE BEETS
MikeGangGree... Icon : (10 July 2014 - 12:13 PM) GET JOHNSON
azjetfan Icon : (10 July 2014 - 12:42 PM) Fire Idzik!
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:29 AM) titties
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:30 AM) http://i.imgur.com/mn7uxIi.jpg
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:30 AM) need to get that suarez jersey
santana Icon : (11 July 2014 - 11:30 AM) streets is real
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 July 2014 - 08:25 PM) FIRE SANTANA
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 July 2014 - 08:25 PM) He's the reason we have nothing to talk about
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 09:40 AM) Plenty to talk about I'm sure
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 09:40 AM) You guys just suck at it
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) http://fc04.devianta...a8d-d67yh5n.jpg
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:14 PM) Talk about that.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:36 PM) THE BEETS!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 July 2014 - 02:38 PM) Ah eeh ooh, Killer tofu. (Eeyae.)
Oooh eeh ooh, Killer tofu!
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 04:14 PM) bravo
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:00 PM) I saw on my Facebook newsfeed that Hey Dude was going to be on 90s Nick tonight.
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) http://www.reddit.co...n_how_about_an/
santana Icon : (14 July 2014 - 07:37 PM) David Nelson back on reddit answering questions
blk_orion Icon : (15 July 2014 - 10:22 AM) thanks for that nelson info, my fam originate from Haiti, have fam here doing tons of missions from NY and FL.
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:44 AM) yeah he seems like a very honest person
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) if it wasn't for that injury he suffered in buffalo he would be much more recognized
santana Icon : (15 July 2014 - 11:45 AM) top lad solid pro tough as hell
Mr_Jet Icon : (15 July 2014 - 01:58 PM) http://media-cache-a...0fa7d5eef52.jpg
santana Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:11 AM) TITTIES
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 July 2014 - 10:37 AM) ^I 2nd that
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 July 2014 - 08:54 PM) ***crickets***
RetireChrebet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 03:03 AM) My main concern this season is the quarterback play, he or they need to limit turnovers. Simple as that. Also curious to see what we get out of the secondary. If the two aforementioned play decent football this year it should be a very good season.
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 01:24 PM) Football has been gone so long it feels like the Super Bowl was over a year ago. And we still have about 6 weeks to go before the season starts.
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) I still remember the super bowl very clearly
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) it was like germany vs brazil
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) HAAAAMES to real
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) the title race is real!
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) soccer :zz:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (18 July 2014 - 08:32 PM) WOOOOOOOO RIC FLAIR!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 July 2014 - 06:06 AM) Training camp starts in 4 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM) WOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Bad News Jets are calling to trade to top of 2nd round

#1 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Per Adam Shefter...

Jets have made calls today to multiple teams to try to move up from 39th spot in 2nd round to draft QB. Debated Gino Smith at No. 13

I don't want that guy. Cried, stormed out of the building and said he was going home before the first round of the draft was even over. This is a NY team, going to need a strong minded kid, New York will eat him alive.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#2 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

Smoke screen
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

Height Weight Arm length Hands

6-foot-2 218 lbs. 321/2 in. 91/4 in.

Combine Results

40-yard dash: 4.59 seconds Vertical jump: 33.5 inches

Broad jump: 124 inches

Skinny

Smith is a polarizing quarterback. But what cannot be disputed are the prolific numbers he produced at West Virginia. As a senior in 2012, Smith completed 71.2 percent of his passes for 4,205 yards and 42 touchdowns, with just six interceptions. He also rushed for two touchdowns. Smith has nice size and impressive athleticism, and his passing accuracy has drawn praise. He ran a spread offense and must adjust to the NFL, although many pro offenses now include spread principles. There have been varying opinions of how well he goes through his progressions and picks up blitzes. Smith likely will be the first quarterback selected Thursday, but he is unlikely to be a top-five pick like most top quarterbacks.

- Zach Berman

http://articles.phil...h-vertical-jump
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

http://www.usatoday....l-bias/2101977/

Not a student of the game. Not committed or focused. Marginal work ethic.

When a Pro Football Weekly scouting report on West Virginia quarterback Geno Smith surfaced recently, containing damning proclamations by analyst Nolan Nawrocki about the habits of the top-rated passer in the NFL draft, it made me shake my head.

Here we go again.

Two years ago, Cam Newton was slammed by Nawrocki for having a "fake smile" and setting a bad example while carrying a sense of entitlement.

Last year, in a Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel report, Robert Griffin III was knocked by unnamed scouts for how he "deals with people."

MOCK DRAFT: Geno Smith lands with Eagles

MANUEL RISING: Florida State QB may end up in first round

BELL: Jets should have kept Revis on board

This is the same RGIII who has been nothing less than a class act while positioned, like Newton, as one of the NFL's marquee attractions for the future.

Now another African-American quarterback has some vicious stereotypes circulating about him that people who have gotten to know Smith insist couldn't be farther from the truth.

Never mind the 42 touchdown passes (against six interceptions) last season, behind a shaky offensive line. Forget that the kid, who completed 71.2% of his passes in 2012, is the type to be found studying film hours after throwing for six TDs, or that his coaches rave about his drive.

Geno Smith, too, has to pay a black tax.

Even in 2013, it's apparent that conditions remain in this society where analysis and opinions are seemingly clouded by racial bias. It's easy to slap a stereotypical label on a minority from quarterbacks to the blue-collar men on the street without the benefit of doubt.

Hopefully, as a group, NFL decision-makers are beyond this. Regardless, it's a shame that such garbage is put out there in the first place.

"It's like people make this stuff up," says Bucky Brooks, an analyst for NFL Network and NFL.com. "They are still perpetuating myths, using code words."

Warren Moon can relate. In 2006, Moon was the first African-American quarterback inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. When he came out of Washington as the Rose Bowl MVP in 1978, NFL people wanted him to switch positions. Instead, undrafted by the NFL, he tore up the Canadian Football League for six years with the Edmonton Eskimos before getting his NFL shot.

The knocks on Smith don't sit well with Moon.

"It sounds the same as two years ago," Moon told USA TODAY Sports. "It just shows that there are a lot of people in society who have the biases and stereotypes. And most of it is about your integrity or leadership or work ethic all of these intangible things."

Smith is nobody's Andrew Luck or RGIII, but he is an undoubtedly pivotal piece of the draft puzzle. There's a wide range of speculation about where he will land. Maybe the Oakland Raiders, despite having Matt Flynn, still take Smith at No. 3 overall?

If not, the Philadelphia Eagles, Cleveland Browns, Buffalo Bills and even the New York Jets could be in play for Smith or Florida State's EJ Manuel or Syracuse's Ryan Nassib at a lower cost on the draft board.

As for Smith, let Trent Dilfer weigh in. The former Super Bowl champ runs the Elite 11 passing camp, matching top college quarterbacks with hot-shot high school prospects. Of the six college quarterbacks who worked the camp last summer in Redondo Beach, Calif., Smith was the only one who arrived with full knowledge of the 89-page playbook Dilfer put together and sent to participants three weeks before camp opened.

"Geno showed up, and on Day 1, he could have taught it," Dilfer told USA TODAY Sports. "He didn't just know it, he owned it.

"The Pro Football Weekly report should be discarded," Dilfer added. "It's almost laughable, the stuff he put in there."

Since the report surfaced April 1, Smith has had so many credible voices eagerly refute the labels spewed out as knocks. That says something, too.

Smith has some believers. Soon, he will also have the opportunity to demonstrate whether he possesses the commitment and skill to hack it on the next level.

Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users