NYJetsFan.com Forums: Grading The Draft - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:43 PM) i'm excited for olympiakos vs dortmund
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:43 PM) ill probably wear the dortmund jersey today
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:45 PM) or perhaps the real madrid in dark green :D
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:45 PM) never know with the Anfield crowd but i don't really like our chances today
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:46 PM) although they are weak in defense and keeper
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) is mignolet in?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) hes been getting a lot of flak
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) countinho was nice vs qpr though
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:48 PM) yeah Migs is in
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) Migs great shot stopper but awful coming off his line, awful distro and awful in the air
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) Phil has been hit or miss all season... when he's on, he's special
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:49 PM) I think i saw some breakdown that he just runs out to far and then keeps his hands way too far down
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) Balotelli and Sterling are going to have to be incredible
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Grading The Draft

#1 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

Considering that this draft class is classified as one NFL GM calls the "worst in a decade", how do you all feel about how our boys have done so far? I know it's still early as we're only finishing round 3 (round 4 for us unless we make another move), but I'd still like to hear opinions.

I know one person thinks Idzik basically fvcked us, but I personally feel like we're having a damn good year. Addressing areas of need including pass rush by grabbing Richardson which should move Coples outside and because Richardson gets a nice interior push. We've upgraded at QB, RB, replaced the CB, OG/RT. Looking pretty damn good so far if you ask me.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#3 User is offline   Roenoe17 Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 27 April 2013 - 03:32 AM, said:

Considering that this draft class is classified as one NFL GM calls the "worst in a decade", how do you all feel about how our boys have done so far? I know it's still early as we're only finishing round 3 (round 4 for us unless we make another move), but I'd still like to hear opinions.

I know one person thinks Idzik basically fvcked us, but I personally feel like we're having a damn good year. Addressing areas of need including pass rush by grabbing Richardson which should move Coples outside and because Richardson gets a nice interior push. We've upgraded at QB, RB, replaced the CB, OG/RT. Looking pretty damn good so far if you ask me.

I agree and we have lowered the cap. If Sanchesz Fails we cut ties and move on Brick is a teamer and restructered unlike Revis and remains and we can get stronger building for the future I like what Idzik is doing so far. Youth and speed, at reasonable cost.

#4 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

View PostRoenoe17, on 26 April 2013 - 11:03 PM, said:

I agree and we have lowered the cap. If Sanchesz Fails we cut ties and move on Brick is a teamer and restructered unlike Revis and remains and we can get stronger building for the future I like what Idzik is doing so far. Youth and speed, at reasonable cost.

Still talking about him huh? :rolleyes:

Anyway, the Jets need everything except center and LT. So they should keep doing what they're doing. We won't know if this has been a good draft or a bad draft for a few years.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#5 User is offline   JETS RULE Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:52 PM

So far I think the draft has been ok for us, we're getting solid guys with the exception of Geno that should come in and start right away, and picking up Ivory for for a 4th is a good value deal. Yeah we lose a pick but we gain a feature back in the process. With our last three picks tomorrow I think we should address TE, S, WR, or OLB and there's still plenty of talent left at each position so lets sit back and see how it all plays out.

#6 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

I'm giving this draft an A. f*** it, I almost gave it an A+ but I don't want to be 115.

Here's what I'm thinking:

9. Milliner - obvious choice after Austin went to the Rams. I heard Polian this morning and he had Milliner as the best DEFENSIVE player in the draft. Period. I wasn't high on this kid but I'm no scout. Apparently, he does it all (except catch). There will be some Revis comparisons but I think that the media is overhyping this again. No sane person is going to realistically expect Milliner to become as good as Revis is. That's just too high a standard. However, I do think that he becomes a Pro Bowl corner. This was clearly a BPA pick and it worked out great.

13. Richardson - I will admit that this pick stumped me. Didn't we draft Wilk and Coples back to back? Who is Richardson? I've never seen him mocked to us... BOOOOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Then I got to reading and watching clips of him and holy shit. This kid is basically a panther in football pads. How a man that big moves that fluidly I'll never know. Dude is ferocious. Last year, our run defense was terrible. It was so bad, teams didn't throw the ball against us. Our best run stopping play was Landry and Harris making ankle tackles 4 yards beyond the LOS. Well... Richardson had 75 tackles. IN ONE YEAR. FROM THE DT POSITION. 10.5 for a loss. Let that sink in. I can't wait to see how Rex uses him.

Some people wanted an "offensive playmaker" at this spot. That's cool brah... who? Oh now you want a G? At 13? Really? Interior OL in the Top 15? I'm glad you're not picking for my team. Have a seat.

39. Geno Smith - Honestly, I was kinda going to like him at 13... but at 39?! LOVE IT. The production is a little inflated thanks to the WV cracked out offense but the kid can ball. 42 TDs?! Only 6 INTs? 3 Year starter. Got speed but he's definitely a passer. Broke Marc Bulgers college record. I don't know how he fell to us, but I'm glad he did. Perfect example of "let the draft unfold". I can see him taking over mid season for Garrard.

77. Brian Winters - This is the only pick that I'm not totally in love with. I just really really like it. First off, the dude has a wrestling background. After watching Ducasse get thrown off balance by a sneeze, having someone who knows about leverage will be nice. Secondly, I like that he played on the ends and was successful as a RT. He'll move inside in the NFL, but it's a lot easier to come inside then the other way around. Then I read that he played in 2011 with a dislocated shoulder. This is one touch SOB. The only red flag on him is that he managed a meager 9 reps on the bench, but I can't really fault him for that. After nursing a lengthy and painful shoulder injury, he's probably not a bench guy. The bench is used as a measure for how much time the guy spent in the gym, but if you ever hurt your shoulder, you know that barbell presses are pretty much out of the question. This kid doesn't appear to be weak, so he's probably more of a deadlift guy.

Chris Ivory - Although I was against drafting a RB, I like this pick up. First off, he's immediately the best RB on our roster. He can catch the ball. He's got tremendous YPC (which will go down as he plays more) and big play ability is something that we haven't had at RB in a long long time. There's a couple of guys that I like that are still on the board, but realistically, most probably won't have the impact that Ivory will. The only concern with him is his durability, but again, we gave up a 4th for him so we can't expect him to be pefect.
Bottom line:

We just got the highest rated CB, the highest rated DT and the highest rated QB. Then we got a good interior lineman and a starting RB with big play ability. What's not to love?

#7 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

I know I posted that I didn't like the Milliner and Richardson picks, but I've really warmed up to them. I'm absolutely stoked about Geno. Even if the Jets tank the season. I want Geno named the starter asap. Even if he bottoms out and fails the Jets will likely be in a position to predict Bridgewater or Manziel. The Panthers picked Clausen in the 2nd round and then got the #1 overall pick the following year and picked Newton. I don't mind the Winters pick because it fills a need with the interior OL, but damn I would have loved Keenan Allen.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

Milliner: A-
Richardson: A-
Geno: A-

Better than past years, by far.

#9 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:47 AM

View PostJetsman05, on 27 April 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

Milliner: A-
Richardson: A-
Geno: A-

Better than past years, by far.

Lets hope you're right for once.

:)

#10 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 27 April 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

Lets hope you're right for once.

:)

I think we drafted really safe in the first round. I liked it.

#11 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

I liked what we did so far. Now im thinking we gotta go offense with these next picks. but, overall I think we did good

#12 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:06 AM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 27 April 2013 - 08:34 AM, said:

I know I posted that I didn't like the Milliner and Richardson picks, but I've really warmed up to them. I'm absolutely stoked about Geno. Even if the Jets tank the season. I want Geno named the starter asap. Even if he bottoms out and fails the Jets will likely be in a position to predict Bridgewater or Manziel. The Panthers picked Clausen in the 2nd round and then got the #1 overall pick the following year and picked Newton. I don't mind the Winters pick because it fills a need with the interior OL, but damn I would have loved Keenan Allen.

I consider the Panthers picking Clausen in the 2nd round a short-sighted failure. That was a high, valuable pick that was completely wasted. Imagine how much better the Panthers would be if they had selected a WR for Newton to throw to...or a DT to help with their terrible run defense.

I think the Geno Smith pick could be eerily similar to the Clausen pick....let's hope Geno turns out better than Clausen.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 27 April 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

I consider the Panthers picking Clausen in the 2nd round a short-sighted failure. That was a high, valuable pick that was completely wasted. Imagine how much better the Panthers would be if they had selected a WR for Newton to throw to...or a DT to help with their terrible run defense.

I think the Geno Smith pick could be eerily similar to the Clausen pick....let's hope Geno turns out better than Clausen.

There was absolutely no one with better value than Geno Smith at #39. There weren't any WRs that "fell". Even if Geno doesn't work out, it's still not a terrible pick. If the Steelers or Pats picked Geno Smith, they'd have "won" the draft but because it's the Jets, everyone assumes that it's a risky move. Any time you grab the #1 ranked player at his position and you don't give up anything in a trade to move up to get him, that's not a bad move.

#14 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 27 April 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

There was absolutely no one with better value than Geno Smith at #39. There weren't any WRs that "fell". Even if Geno doesn't work out, it's still not a terrible pick. If the Steelers or Pats picked Geno Smith, they'd have "won" the draft but because it's the Jets, everyone assumes that it's a risky move. Any time you grab the #1 ranked player at his position and you don't give up anything in a trade to move up to get him, that's not a bad move.

Robert Woods went 2 picks later...there is a reason Geno Smith fell to the 2nd round, despite being the "#1 ranked player at his position." That doesn't mean he is good, that means the position group was weak.

Here is the thing, if the Jets really think there is a high percentage he will be a franchise QB for years to come, then it is a great pick. But, if they thought that they would have drafted him in the first round and not waited until the 2nd. So, they obviously don't have that much confidence in him. Based on that, I'm calling this a bad pick...there are very few 2nd round QB's who have been successful in recent years. Drew Brees is really about it (I'm not going to call Kaepernick a success yet). There is a reason for that, if you think a QB has even a decent chance of being a franchise QB, he goes in the first.

Like I said, if he was at the top of the Jets board and they got him in the second....awesome. But, if he was truly at the top of the Jets board they would have taken him at the top of the draft.
Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

Not really HJ.

If they had Geno high on their board, but right below Richardson... then they still thought highly of him but not that high.

I'm not saying they had him that high but who knows.

It's a pick everyone needs to get behind though. We need to finally have a QB who the fans support from the off.

#16 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:38 AM

I'm not going to be behind this pick. I just don't like it...it screams need over value to me. If you really thought he was your franchise QB he would have gone in the first. Positional value of a QB would have bumped him over Sheldon Richardson if they were that close on the Jets board.

That doesn't mean I don't hope he succeeds, of course I do. But, I just don't believe in this style of drafting.
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

It's BPA drafting. You liked it earlier.

#18 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostJetsman05, on 27 April 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

It's BPA drafting. You liked it earlier.

But that's what I mean, I don't think it was BPA. I think the Jets made a need pick here. I could be wrong, hope I am...
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 27 April 2013 - 12:52 PM, said:

But that's what I mean, I don't think it was BPA. I think the Jets made a need pick here. I could be wrong, hope I am...

Right on. Fingers crossed.

#20 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 27 April 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

Not really HJ.

If they had Geno high on their board, but right below Richardson... then they still thought highly of him but not that high.

I'm not saying they had him that high but who knows.

It's a pick everyone needs to get behind though. We need to finally have a QB who the fans support from the off.

Many here supported Sanchez from the beginning, I know I was one. I still hope he figures it out.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#21 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 27 April 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

Many here supported Sanchez from the beginning, I know I was one. I still hope he figures it out.

Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users