NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jets Acquire Rb Chris Ivory - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 09:18 AM) I want a new GM and HC
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 09:54 AM) Should I go Vincent Jackson or Jarvis Landry as my WR3?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:13 AM) i'd go landry
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:40 AM) The opposite of what Mr Jet thinks about it.
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:44 PM) clipboard jesus lead the way
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:48 PM) I miss leon
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 11:35 PM) If the Jets would have lost last week since the Jags won the Jets would have the 2 seed right now and not stuck at the 6 seed
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 11:36 PM) Oh well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:21 AM) I think IK shows potential as a pass rusher
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) If the new HC goes to a 4-3 it will be interesting to see if Couples can play on the end.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:43 PM) he's probably better as a 4-3 DE then a 3-4 LBer anyway
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:43 PM) we'd need another DT though
santana Icon : (Today, 02:12 PM) Rex to atlanta rumors swirling about
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 03:35 PM) Who should be my 2 starters at WR for my fantasy. Championship game. It's between AJ Green, Djax, and Mike Evans. I have Hilton too but I think colts will sit him this week
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 03:36 PM) I'm thinking Djax and Evans. I don't think the match up with green vs Denver
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 03:37 PM) I have Ingram, Lamar Miller, and Lacy as my RBs and flex
santana Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) green and desean pretty much the same risk reward
santana Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) lock evans in and play the matchup for the other spot
santana Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) also might snow in denver mnf i would keep an eye on that
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 04:48 PM) Good thinkin! I think I'm going to play djax. I like the match up better
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Jets Acquire Rb Chris Ivory

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

Jets acquire RB Chris Ivory

Five days after the Darrelle Revis blockbuster, the New York Jets continued their deal-making Friday night, acquiring running back Chris Ivory from the New Orleans Saints for a fourth-round pick (No. 106 overall).

The Jets were looking for a big back to replace Shonn Greene, who signed with the Tennessee Titans. Ivory was effective in a limited role with the Saints, but he became the odd man out in a crowded backfield.

The Jets are expected to sign Ivory to a long-term contract, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

"He's a very physical, violent runner," Jets general manager John Idzik said. "He's got size, he's got speed. He runs with attitude, he plays with attitude."

Ivory joins Mike Goodson (signed last month from the Oakland Raiders), Bilal Powell and Joe McKnight in the Jets' nondescript backfield. Based on the current personnel, this will be the first time since 1994 the Jets enter a season without a 1,000-yard rusher on their roster.

The trade means it's unlikely the Jets will select a running back in the draft.

"It's an opportunity for me to really get the carries that I deserve," Ivory told NOLA.com on Friday night. "I put the work in every day and every week. I just feel like it's my time. ... I feel like I can go out there and do some great things with the opportunities I'll be given, and I know I'm going to make the most of it. With every little glimpse I had in New Orleans, I did great things. If I'm getting more than six and seven carries a game, the sky is the limit for me.

"I can do some great things and put up some crazy numbers in New York."

Ivory signed his one-year, $2 million tender last Friday, the final day of restricted free agency, to set the stage for the trade. He visited with the Jets 13 days ago, but they never had any intention of signing him to an offer sheet and surrendering the required compensation -- a second-round pick.

Ivory was the Saints' leading rusher in 2010 with 716 yards, but he has been plagued by injuries, and slipped to fourth on the depth chart behind Mark Ingram, Pierre Thomas and Darren Sproles.

The Saints had only five draft choices -- they were docked a second-rounder in the bounty scandal -- so they were motivated to acquire additional picks. Ivory (6-foot, 222 pounds) has only 256 career carries, but he has been effective in a limited role. He has rushed for 1,307 yards and a 5.1 yards-per-carry average.

Late Friday night, the Jets added another veteran on offense, agreeing to terms with former Detroit Lions guard Stephen Peterman, a league source confirmed. It's a one-year contract. Terms weren't immediately available.

Peterman, who recently visited with the Jets, has 86 career starts, including every game over the last three seasons. He will compete with Willie Colon, Vladimir Ducasse and rookie Brian Winters, chosen Friday night in the third round.

http://espn.go.com/n...ack-chris-ivory

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users