NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jets' Draft Report Card - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 01:24 PM) Football has been gone so long it feels like the Super Bowl was over a year ago. And we still have about 6 weeks to go before the season starts.
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) I still remember the super bowl very clearly
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM) it was like germany vs brazil
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) HAAAAMES to real
santana Icon : (17 July 2014 - 04:49 PM) the title race is real!
Mr_Jet Icon : (17 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) soccer :zz:
MikeGangGree... Icon : (18 July 2014 - 08:32 PM) WOOOOOOOO RIC FLAIR!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (20 July 2014 - 06:06 AM) Training camp starts in 4 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:15 PM) WOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM) Hes a limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. WOOOO!!"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 July 2014 - 03:13 PM) WHAT THE f*** IS UP BITCHES!!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:42 PM) U want to know what's up?.............
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) I will tell you what is up................
MikeGangGree... Icon : (21 July 2014 - 07:43 PM) TEH BEETS
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (22 July 2014 - 06:53 AM) training camp starts in 2 days
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM) Just got my tickets to the Jets/Bears game!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (22 July 2014 - 04:39 PM) Going to the Giants and Texans game also. 2 games in 2 days. WOOOOO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) players are reporting to camp today, tomorrow is the first practice!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 09:36 AM) Football is almost back!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 July 2014 - 04:42 PM) You know 0099 is back in the shout box when the FIRE IDZIK drops
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:46 AM) lol first practice today
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:47 AM) I've been really busy lately, been working 60+ hours a week. plus there hasn't been much to talk about.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 08:58 AM) Yeah this has been the most dead offseason in quite some time
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 09:59 AM) maybe people will start coming back now that camp is starting up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (24 July 2014 - 11:46 AM) Geno had a strong first practice, went 7-10
Jetsfan115 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 02:51 PM) site's kinda been dead for years now. even during last season.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (25 July 2014 - 03:28 PM) Yeah I know but it hasn't been this dead
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:02 PM) When the team was winning and going to AFC Championship games the site had a lot of activity. But now after a couple of mediocre seasons, people don't want to talk.
Mr_Jet Icon : (26 July 2014 - 02:04 PM) When the team starts winning again people who have been MIA will be back saying that they never left.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:07 AM) wats good everyone!. been awhile since i last posted anything but i always come on here to read and see whats new
ganggreen2003 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 06:33 PM) SUP BITCHES!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 07:33 PM) Oh it's you
RetireChrebet Icon : (27 July 2014 - 08:49 PM) Harlem, great way to encourage user activity!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 July 2014 - 10:23 PM) I aim to please
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:37 PM) lol
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:36 PM) Still being a dick huh Harlem?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:36 PM) Shit hasn't changed much since the 2013 JETS season
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:26 PM) yep everyone is still dicks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:50 PM) .[43] Moments later, during a live post-game interview with Fox Sports' Erin Andrews, Sherman emotionally shouted, "Well, I'm the best corner in the game! When you try me with a sorry receiver like Crabtree, that's the result you gonna get
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:51 PM) Im the best poster on the site!! When you try me with a sorry poster like Santana, thats the result your gonna get.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:52 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) you are the best cb on the site cb of course meaning cheap bastard
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:49 PM) WOO
Chaos Icon : (Today, 11:16 AM) any news on Amaro? havent seen anything on twitter.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Jets' Draft Report Card by espn

#1 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama

Round 1, ninth pick

Analysis: Say hello to Darrelle Revis Lite. Milliner, the first cornerback picked, was widely regarded as the best at his position. The value was too good for the Jets to pass. Yes, they would've preferred a pass rusher, but Dion Jordan and Barkevious Mingo already were gone. So was super-smurf receiver Tavon Austin. Milliner made sense at that spot. Let's face it, Kyle Wilson is best suited to nickel coverage, so they needed an every-down corner to start opposite Antonio Cromartie. Some scouts say Milliner never will be an elite corner because he lacks playmaking skills. But you know what? Even the great Revis isn't an interception machine. Milliner was the right call for a defense that relies heavily on man-to-man coverage by its corners. B+

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri

Round 1, 13th pick

Analysis: Another defensive linemen? This makes three straight first-round picks on the line. It might make Rex Ryan happy, but they needed to spread the wealth. They passed on a talented tight end (Tyler Eifert) and a big-play receiver (Cordarrelle Patterson), players that could've helped Mark Sanchez get his career back on track. Richardson has talent, no doubt, but where does he line up? He was a 4-3 tackle in college, a one-gap penetrator, and now he'll be asked to be a two-gap lineman. Ryan acknowledged the Jets will play more 4-3 fronts, but with all their pressing needs (how 'bout a safety?), another defensive lineman became a luxury. C

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia

Round 2, 8th pick (No. 39 overall)

Analysis: The Jets couldn't resist, could they? They didn't have enough conviction to take Smith with one of their two first-round picks. In that sense, they received good value in the second round, but the decision comes with risk. Essentially, they drafted Mark Sanchez's successor. If he's not the real deal, it'll probably set back the franchise at least a couple of years. If their scouting reports are correct, maybe they have the next Russell Wilson or Colin Kaepernick. Smith has a lot to prove. He has the physical tools to be a winning quarterback, but there are holes in his games -- shaky pocket presence, reading defenses, handling adversity. You get the picture. C+

Brian Winters, G, Kent State

Round 3, 10th pick (No. 72 overall)

Analysis: Winters went off the board where most expected, so the Jets received solid value. He's a tough hombre, and smart, too -- and new GM John Idzik wants to add those type of players to his roster. Here's the concern: He's projected as a guard and he's never played the position before. He played left and right tackle in college, but many believe he's best suited to the inside because he lacks elite athleticism. The versatility is attractive, though. He's a keeper. B

#2 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

View Post518-JeTS-FaN, on 27 April 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

Analysis: The Jets couldn't resist, could they? They didn't have enough conviction to take Smith with one of their two first-round picks. In that sense, they received good value in the second round, but the decision comes with risk. Essentially, they drafted Mark Sanchez's successor. If he's not the real deal, it'll probably set back the franchise at least a couple of years. If their scouting reports are correct, maybe they have the next Russell Wilson or Colin Kaepernick. Smith has a lot to prove. He has the physical tools to be a winning quarterback, but there are holes in his games -- shaky pocket presence, reading defenses, handling adversity. You get the picture. C+

Isn't one of the knocks on Geno Smith that he doesn't play well in cold weather? There are only a few NFL cities colder than NY. He better learn how to handle adversity as well as handle controversy if he is to succeed with the Jets.

#3 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

View Postjetfan4life12, on 27 April 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

Isn't one of the knocks on Geno Smith that he doesn't play well in cold weather? There are only a few NFL cities colder than NY. He better learn how to handle adversity as well as handle controversy if he is to succeed with the Jets.

In his BAD game, the kid completed 68% of his passes going 19 of 28 with ONLY 2 TD's. Zero INT's, but one fumble. Smith said it was his first game playing in the snow. Honestly.......with the way the past few winters have been here in Jersey, it's NOT a big deal because our winters may still get cold, we havent been getting a lot of snow.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#4 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 29 April 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

In his BAD game, the kid completed 68% of his passes going 19 of 28 with ONLY 2 TD's. Zero INT's, but one fumble. Smith said it was his first game playing in the snow. Honestly.......with the way the past few winters have been here in Jersey, it's NOT a big deal because our winters may still get cold, we havent been getting a lot of snow.

Thats on me for believing what I read. Thanks for the info.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users