NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jets' Draft Report Card - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets start voluntary offseason programs today
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:57 PM) YO!
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 05:58 PM) LFC could win the league on my birthday
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) zzzzzzzz
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) I might go to LFC/MCFC this summer
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:06 PM) contemplating between that and Arsenal v. Red Bulls
Jetsman05 Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:16 PM) ill be at LFC/Olympiakos in Chicago and then LFC/Milan in Charlotte not coming to the NY game tho
santana Icon : (21 April 2014 - 06:44 PM) http://i.imgur.com/Nw1vwg1.gif
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:27 AM) ESPN: boston strong
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) uefa....time
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:37 PM) EL CHOLO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:48 PM) *high 5*
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:47 PM) High fives are the best
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:47 PM) dat Chelsea tight butt hole
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:48 PM) 0-0
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:48 PM) whatever that means
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:59 PM) Some talk that Dennard might slide to round 2 now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:00 PM) Roby and Fuller are rising.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:00 PM) Roby absolute physical freak but really inconsistent as a player
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) loved him going into school but never grew into the player i thought he would become
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) I don't want Roby, afraid we take him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:01 PM) f***ing draft should be this week, not 2 weeks from now
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:02 PM) I rather go get a CB like Phillip Gaines in round 3.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:02 PM) 1-Odell Beckham Jr WR, 2-Jace Amaro TE, 3-Phillip Gaines CB.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:04 PM) Where is Marcus Roberson being projected
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:05 PM) round 2 I think
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:06 PM) he'll be a solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:18 PM) solid pro
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:19 PM) boston. strong.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:14 PM) you're a clown
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:14 PM) just for the record
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) agreed
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) EJ > Raul
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:38 PM) lmao
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:38 PM) I wouldn't go that far
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) true
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) but its closer by the day
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:13 PM) LET'S GO RANGERS!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Boo rangers
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) boo the Knicks
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Let's go wizards!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) SANTANA DESERVES BETTER
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:56 PM) Just landed in Reagan jumping on the wizards bandwagon taxi right out the gate
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:47 PM) Tanaka looks good so far
santana Icon : (Today, 03:45 PM) The title race is REAL
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Jets' Draft Report Card by espn

#1 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama

Round 1, ninth pick

Analysis: Say hello to Darrelle Revis Lite. Milliner, the first cornerback picked, was widely regarded as the best at his position. The value was too good for the Jets to pass. Yes, they would've preferred a pass rusher, but Dion Jordan and Barkevious Mingo already were gone. So was super-smurf receiver Tavon Austin. Milliner made sense at that spot. Let's face it, Kyle Wilson is best suited to nickel coverage, so they needed an every-down corner to start opposite Antonio Cromartie. Some scouts say Milliner never will be an elite corner because he lacks playmaking skills. But you know what? Even the great Revis isn't an interception machine. Milliner was the right call for a defense that relies heavily on man-to-man coverage by its corners. B+

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri

Round 1, 13th pick

Analysis: Another defensive linemen? This makes three straight first-round picks on the line. It might make Rex Ryan happy, but they needed to spread the wealth. They passed on a talented tight end (Tyler Eifert) and a big-play receiver (Cordarrelle Patterson), players that could've helped Mark Sanchez get his career back on track. Richardson has talent, no doubt, but where does he line up? He was a 4-3 tackle in college, a one-gap penetrator, and now he'll be asked to be a two-gap lineman. Ryan acknowledged the Jets will play more 4-3 fronts, but with all their pressing needs (how 'bout a safety?), another defensive lineman became a luxury. C

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia

Round 2, 8th pick (No. 39 overall)

Analysis: The Jets couldn't resist, could they? They didn't have enough conviction to take Smith with one of their two first-round picks. In that sense, they received good value in the second round, but the decision comes with risk. Essentially, they drafted Mark Sanchez's successor. If he's not the real deal, it'll probably set back the franchise at least a couple of years. If their scouting reports are correct, maybe they have the next Russell Wilson or Colin Kaepernick. Smith has a lot to prove. He has the physical tools to be a winning quarterback, but there are holes in his games -- shaky pocket presence, reading defenses, handling adversity. You get the picture. C+

Brian Winters, G, Kent State

Round 3, 10th pick (No. 72 overall)

Analysis: Winters went off the board where most expected, so the Jets received solid value. He's a tough hombre, and smart, too -- and new GM John Idzik wants to add those type of players to his roster. Here's the concern: He's projected as a guard and he's never played the position before. He played left and right tackle in college, but many believe he's best suited to the inside because he lacks elite athleticism. The versatility is attractive, though. He's a keeper. B

#2 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

View Post518-JeTS-FaN, on 27 April 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

Analysis: The Jets couldn't resist, could they? They didn't have enough conviction to take Smith with one of their two first-round picks. In that sense, they received good value in the second round, but the decision comes with risk. Essentially, they drafted Mark Sanchez's successor. If he's not the real deal, it'll probably set back the franchise at least a couple of years. If their scouting reports are correct, maybe they have the next Russell Wilson or Colin Kaepernick. Smith has a lot to prove. He has the physical tools to be a winning quarterback, but there are holes in his games -- shaky pocket presence, reading defenses, handling adversity. You get the picture. C+

Isn't one of the knocks on Geno Smith that he doesn't play well in cold weather? There are only a few NFL cities colder than NY. He better learn how to handle adversity as well as handle controversy if he is to succeed with the Jets.

#3 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

View Postjetfan4life12, on 27 April 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

Isn't one of the knocks on Geno Smith that he doesn't play well in cold weather? There are only a few NFL cities colder than NY. He better learn how to handle adversity as well as handle controversy if he is to succeed with the Jets.

In his BAD game, the kid completed 68% of his passes going 19 of 28 with ONLY 2 TD's. Zero INT's, but one fumble. Smith said it was his first game playing in the snow. Honestly.......with the way the past few winters have been here in Jersey, it's NOT a big deal because our winters may still get cold, we havent been getting a lot of snow.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#4 User is offline   jetfan4life12 Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 29 April 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

In his BAD game, the kid completed 68% of his passes going 19 of 28 with ONLY 2 TD's. Zero INT's, but one fumble. Smith said it was his first game playing in the snow. Honestly.......with the way the past few winters have been here in Jersey, it's NOT a big deal because our winters may still get cold, we havent been getting a lot of snow.

Thats on me for believing what I read. Thanks for the info.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users