NYJetsFan.com Forums: Mark Sanchez " Clutch Highlights" - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

2014 NYJetsFan Fantasy League sign up: http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38425
santana Icon : (16 August 2014 - 11:55 PM) Gotta fix that
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:35 PM) Is anyone else as concerned as I am about the secondary?
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:36 PM) I know it's preseason and all but even with Milliner in on the first game we gave up a TD on the first drive to the Colts
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:37 PM) Patterson looked like me out there and Wilson got torched last night
Smedsthejet Icon : (17 August 2014 - 02:26 PM) Concerned about the right side of the OLine too - too many penalties and Giacomini wasn't that much better than against the Colts when he was poor
SackExchange71 Icon : (17 August 2014 - 02:31 PM) Imo i still think howard is better then giacomini..Wish they never let him walk.Giacomini had alot of flags in seattle also
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:33 AM) Howard recieved a huge contract in Oakland. Way over his actual value.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 10:08 AM) So did we make a trade for a CB yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:51 PM) Milliner did suffer a high ankle sprain, that sucks. could linger all year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:52 PM) I think Patterson sucked vs the Colts because he was injured, which he always is.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:49 PM) As much as people criticized Tannanbaum for spending too much. It's starting to look like Idzik is going to be too cheap.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:52 PM) You get what you pay for and when you let quality players go because you don't want to pay them, this is what happens. You're left with scrub players.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 07:55 PM) I'm still on board with the Idzik plan. Even with Revis and Revis we still are not going to the SB this year. But the down time sucks. If Milliner comes back healthy by week 3 or so we should be fine.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 08:18 PM) Regardless of our SB chances this year or next year. If Idzik keeps acting like a cheapskate and continues to let quality players go, we won't have to worry about winning much of anything this decade.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) He wants to build through the draft. Not blow the bank on FA. I get what your saying but there is a balance and right now we are not one or two pieces away.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:00 PM) It's not about being one or two pieces away. It's about keeping the good pieces you have and building upon that.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:04 PM) But there is no sense in trying to build through the draft if he's only going to end up letting the good players he picks up go in FA after a few years. All because he wants to do things on the cheap.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:02 AM) FIRE IDZIK
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:33 AM) out side of Revis who left we should have kept?
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:34 AM) The Revis deal sucks but $16 million was too much for a CB and once he was gone he was not coming back.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 11:00 AM) Matt Slauson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:00 PM) Eh. I think with our current cap situation we will be able to retain guys like Wilkerson and whomever we want to keep. We are in a good position right now.
Mr_Jet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 01:49 PM) Time will tell.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:00 PM) landed revis abck. got DRC, nope we take patterson who got owned and always hurt. milner always hurt. 3rd round CB done for season. were gonna get passed on all day
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 02:44 PM) Yea the DRC bit makes me iffy
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 03:35 PM) better then patterson
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:45 PM) No I mean the fact that he whiffed on him.
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 05:46 PM) I'm not saying Idzik is perfect. I just like the direction we are heading. It's going to take some patience.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:27 PM) I like how our lack of secondary is the hot topic right now. The bigger issue is we still will not be able to throw the ball. We are not going to do much of anything regardless until we get a QB. Sorry for being so negative just my honest opinion.
RetireChrebet Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:29 PM) With that said I think our running game with CJ and Powell will be top 10 or somewhere around there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 06:35 PM) i have faith that if geno messes up that vick can come in and do well. but i have 0 faith in our secondary right now which has been our strong point for the past 4 years or so
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:35 PM) I agree 115. but the one thing is Rex has done some good things in the past with shitty DBs and still had a solid D going back to his years in BAL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:37 PM) Corey Ivy CB
36 Jim Leonhard SS/PR
43 Haruki Nakamura FS
25 Evan Oglesby CB
20 Ed Reed FS
22 Samari Rolle CB
39 Daren Stone FS
41 Frank Walker CB
31 Fabian Washington in 2008
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:39 PM) Reed is a HOF but Rolle was way past his prime
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) SNOOPY BOWL FRIDAY!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2014 - 07:41 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (19 August 2014 - 08:26 PM) I assume we will pick up a guy after the cuts happen.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (19 August 2014 - 10:14 PM) we'll see but I think we see better QB play than we have in a while.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (Yesterday, 08:54 AM) disgusted with my local programming, instead of jets and giants they are airing the raiders vs packers..wtf
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:23 AM) Glad I don't live up there anymore haha
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:59 PM) The JETS are #6 in the Forbes List for most franchise value
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:59 PM) The Buffalo Jills are #31 and the Miami Dolphags are #16 respectively
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:00 PM) The JETS are worth $1.8 billion
jet-man Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) that's less than the clippers
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 01:07 PM) I'm very excited with the amount of preseason touchdowns the Jets have
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Mark Sanchez " Clutch Highlights"

#21 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

Sanchez has been a product of the players the team put around him. When he actually had receivers to throw to, his confidence was strong and he actually believed we couldnt be beat. Then the Flight Crew was broken up, the O-line fell apart and he had no one but Keller to throw to because Holmes became some super diva that didnt want to put in any effort & this past season, he had 3's and 4's to throw to until Edwards was brought back but by then it was too late because even when he would put together a couple plays, he'd be pulled for the circus clown Teblow to come in and run some bull$hit play.

Had the flight crew never been broken up and the O-line held up, I think we'd have made it over the AFC Title game hump into the Superbowl. I know people are going to disagree with me, but Hill & Kerley are not legit #1 & #2 receivers. How many plays were called to actually throw the ball more than 15 yards last season? I'm sure we could likely count them on one hand. We basically took a QB that COULD have been something and ensured that he wouldn't. I'll be rooting for him as long as he's wearing a Jets jersey.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#22 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 29 April 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

Sanchez has been a product of the players the team put around him. When he actually had receivers to throw to, his confidence was strong and he actually believed we couldnt be beat. Then the Flight Crew was broken up, the O-line fell apart and he had no one but Keller to throw to because Holmes became some super diva that didnt want to put in any effort & this past season, he had 3's and 4's to throw to until Edwards was brought back but by then it was too late because even when he would put together a couple plays, he'd be pulled for the circus clown Teblow to come in and run some bull$hit play.

Had the flight crew never been broken up and the O-line held up, I think we'd have made it over the AFC Title game hump into the Superbowl. I know people are going to disagree with me, but Hill & Kerley are not legit #1 & #2 receivers. How many plays were called to actually throw the ball more than 15 yards last season? I'm sure we could likely count them on one hand. We basically took a QB that COULD have been something and ensured that he wouldn't. I'll be rooting for him as long as he's wearing a Jets jersey.

1 thing i will agree with is that with bad coaching and bad GMing we ruined sanchez. he could hav been a good QB in the right situation
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#23 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

http://www.nfl.com/v...tans-highlights

another trip down memory lane
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#24 User is offline   2JBallar01 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

Keep it positive Santana lol

#25 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

The Jets never ruined Sanchez. That`s just like all the other excuses.Heck I have even heard some off the wall excuses that Tebow ruined Sanchez. I'm tired of excuses for this guy. The guy never regressed either. In fact he never progressed at all from his rookie year. His numbers have sucked all 4 years he has started but the team was so good for two years Mark`s severe weaknesses were overlooked and covered up. Sanchez is below average and isn't nor ever will be a legitimate starting qb. He was drafted to a team that was really good for two years so people delusional think that he had some skill. I started complaining about his weakness early in his second year and at least now most of the fans are finally seeing it.

As far as him making throws every once in a while.....every backup in the league can make throws occasionally but that doesn't make them a legitimate starting qb. The team had to limit what throws Mark was allowed to make because he couldn't do anything but be a game manager on a very good team the first two years. Mark wasn't brought in to be a game manager. He was crowned the next Nameth but ended up being a below average qb and made to be a game manager.

Marks stats for all 4 years are bad and though you cant measure everything in numbers when every year you are in the league you have bad stats then there has to be truth to it. All 4 years near the top in int`s,fumbles, and dropped int`s. Lowest qbr rating of any starting qb in the league (34 tqbr)for his career. One of the lowest completion percentages. One of the lowest in the league in medium and long range passes completed. Very inaccurate and isn't even accurate for five yard passes let alone medium and long range passes.Bad td/int ratio. Bad td/turnover ratio. Cant read defenses. Almost always late making throws...even short ones

One of the lowest yards per pass(even lower than Chad Pennington`s yards per pass which is really sad considering how weak Chad`s arm was).

Numbers don't say it all and some qbs have intangibles but Mark has no intangibles expect that he is durable but that is it. He is also a basket case who has his feelings hurt easily and constantly has the deer in the headlights look.

This guy wouldn't start for any other team and shouldn't ever start or even play for the Jets unless it is due to an injury or garbage time. I'm done with seeing him play and don't ever want to see him start a game for the Jets again.And no I will not root for the guy because he is wearing a Jets uniform. As long as he is starting this team will be held back. I don't like seeing anyone fail. All I'm saying is this guy had 4 years to prove himself and hasn't and its time to move on. The Jets need to just go with Smith,Mcelroy, or Garrard and close the book on Sanchez starting so we can move on. Mark is one of the biggest first round qb draft busts ever. Not as bad as a number one pick but a top 6 draft pick is pretty bad.Rooting on a teamate to succeed is admirable and all well and good and I usually do it too but when you know the guy will never be more than he has shown then there is a point where the team needs to move on and it becomes stupid to root on a lost cause. Sanchez is a lost cause and will never make it and rooting on him isnt going to make him a winner. The team needs to move on period and close the book on the lost cause that is Mark Sanchez.

The guy is below average and if he would have been even average the Jets probably would have won a Bowl or two the first two years. You can make all the excuses you guys want but there are constantly new rookies coming in lighting it up and looking great yet Sanchez has never been able to attain that any year. Brad Johnson (a very average qb) with the Bucs didn't have what Sanchez had his first two years yet one a Bowl. Dilfer with the Ravens(a very average qb) didn't have what Sanchez had yet won a Bowl. Sanchez had the #1-3 defenses and running games both his first two years as well as the best oline in the league with three first round picks on the oline and couldn't get it done.

Those other two qbs were as average as you can get and both had extremely weak offenses and very good defenses and were able to get it done. Sanchez had everything any qb could ask for and more and couldn't get it done.Most fans were deluded to how bad he was because of the Jets success but now with the Jets being not so good Mark`s abilities are front and center and no longer hidden by the rest of the team carrying him.

He sucks period (always has and always will)and the only thing he will every be remembered for is the Butt Fumble.He is a champion there and is still the all time running Champ for (airs on ESPN on every Friday)..........."Worst of the Worst Champion" of ESPN`s weekly "Not So Top Ten". Mark has been the champ for 21 straight weeks and still going strong.

I'm completely and utterly done with the guy period. You can pick out some good highlights if you want and be deluded but the fact is Mark`s bad highlights would outnumber the good 10,000 to 1. Sanchez is far worse than Rex Grossman ever was and Grossman even went to the Super Bowl but at least unlike the Jets the Bears weren't dumb enough to keep Grossman starting every game for 4 years and neither were the Redskins.They were able to see Grossman`s flaws unlike the Jets with Sanchez.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users