NYJetsFan.com Forums: Udfa Signings: - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 09:18 AM) I want a new GM and HC
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 09:54 AM) Should I go Vincent Jackson or Jarvis Landry as my WR3?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:13 AM) i'd go landry
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:40 AM) The opposite of what Mr Jet thinks about it.
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:44 PM) clipboard jesus lead the way
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:48 PM) I miss leon
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 11:35 PM) If the Jets would have lost last week since the Jags won the Jets would have the 2 seed right now and not stuck at the 6 seed
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 11:36 PM) Oh well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:21 AM) I think IK shows potential as a pass rusher
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) If the new HC goes to a 4-3 it will be interesting to see if Couples can play on the end.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:43 PM) he's probably better as a 4-3 DE then a 3-4 LBer anyway
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:43 PM) we'd need another DT though
santana Icon : (Today, 02:12 PM) Rex to atlanta rumors swirling about
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 03:35 PM) Who should be my 2 starters at WR for my fantasy. Championship game. It's between AJ Green, Djax, and Mike Evans. I have Hilton too but I think colts will sit him this week
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 03:36 PM) I'm thinking Djax and Evans. I don't think the match up with green vs Denver
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 03:37 PM) I have Ingram, Lamar Miller, and Lacy as my RBs and flex
santana Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) green and desean pretty much the same risk reward
santana Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) lock evans in and play the matchup for the other spot
santana Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) also might snow in denver mnf i would keep an eye on that
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 04:48 PM) Good thinkin! I think I'm going to play djax. I like the match up better
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Udfa Signings: Ya'll need to start bringin something to the table...

#1 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:10 PM

Eastern Illinois DT Roosevelt Holliday
Northern Arizona Right Tackle Trey Gilleo
UCF DE Troy Davis
Clemson C Dalton Freeman
Iowa State DT Jake McDonough
South Florida OG Mark Popek
Bethune-Cookman WR KJ Stroud
Boston College TE Chris Pantale
Hawaii CB Mike Edwards
Texas A&M DT Spencer Nealy
Cal of PA FS Rontez Miles
Pittsburgh TE Mike Shanahan
Lehigh University WR Ryan Spadola

#2 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

Ryan Spadola sounds like a real nice UDFA: 4.40 40, 37 yard vertical. Ran routes well at the pro day and didn't drop a pass in the workouts.

http://www.nfl.com/v...ut-Ryan-Spadola

I'm calling this now: not only does he stick, he's the faster version of Danny Amendola.

#3 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

Rontez Miles had a mid-round grade on him. Can't find out why he fell. Twitter seems to love this signing.

#4 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:02 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 28 April 2013 - 11:16 PM, said:

Ryan Spadola sounds like a real nice UDFA: 4.40 40, 37 yard vertical. Ran routes well at the pro day and didn't drop a pass in the workouts.

http://www.nfl.com/v...ut-Ryan-Spadola

I'm calling this now: not only does he stick, he's the faster version of Danny Amendola.

Ugh...why is he the faster Amendola? Because he's white...

Amendola is 5'-11" 188 lbs.....Spadola is 6'-1" 201 lbs.

I've never seen Spadola play, and I doubt you have...so none of us can make a comparison.

PS - That 37 yard vertical is pretty impressive...
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

Troy Davis, DE, UCF

An OLB in our scheme, Davis likely has the best chance of any UDFA to make our roster. High motor guy, scheme versatile.

Zac Rogers, WR, Tennessee

Sort of lost in the mix amid a talented wideout crew in Tennessee, Rogers has long speed and soft hands, but not a great deal of agility, explosiveness in his routes. Developmental player and situational deep threat. Cool Video of his story: https://www.youtube....d&v=prOwyF2CTl4

Mike Edwards, CB, Hawaii

One of the best UDFA CBs on the market. We have 3 guys who will definitely make the team at CB; Milliner, Wilson and Cromartie. Behind that it's wide open, and Edwards will certainly have an opportunity to compete.

Spencer Nealy, DT, Texas A&M

Has, at best, an outside chance of making the roster at a deep position group. However, he has quick feet, some ability to penetrate and make plays in the backfield, and he's hilarious. Rex tends to find roster spots for the linemen that he likes.

Dalton Freeman, C, Clemson

Freaky athlete. 6'5", 291lbs, and his pro day 40 was a 4.88. Known as a leader at Clemson. Will compete with Caleb Schlauderaff to be the backup Center, but may be better off landing on a practice squad and working up his core strength.

Mike Shanahan, TE, Pitt

A wide receiver in college, like current Jets starter Jeff Cumberland, Shanahan has to convert to TE in the NFL. Will compete with Konrad Reuland to round out the roster as a TE/H-Back passing option, but likely has too much work to do as a blocker to catch on short term.

Chris Pantale, TE, Boston College

An athletic player with good size, Pantale projects as a pass catching type tigh end in the NFL, and was poised to break out in 2012 before his season was derailed by a foot injury. Will compete with Reuland, Shanahan and Hayden Smith to make the back end of the roster.

Rontez Miles, DB, Cal. of Pa

A dominant small school player who originally went to Kent State but transferred after problems involving his elder brother, he has a great deal of physical talent, and will likely be asked to compete as a safety.

Trey Gilleo, OT, Northern Arizona

Though he has good size for the position, Gilleo has an uphill battle to make the roster. Could be a practice squad player.

Jake McDonough, DE/DT, Iowa State

A former all big-12 selection, McDonough will eye a future as the next Mike DeVito. Big, long-armed 5-tech. He should get on with current Jets Safety Josh Bush; like Bush, he is a music producer, and tweets under the name "JMacTracks".

Ryan Spadola, WR, Lehigh

Extremely productive small school wideout, will compete with a very crowded field to be the 5th or 6th wideout on the roster.

Mark Popek, G, USF

A two year starter at left tackle for USF, Popek projects as a massive guard at the next level. Like Gilleo, is likely shooting for a spot on the practice squad.

Roosevelt Holliday, DT, Eastern Illinois

Small school standout with some athleticism who works relentlessly to make an impact in the run game. Could blossom into a talented run stuffer as the level of coaching he will get at the Jets will be far superior to what he got in college.

KJ Stroud, WR, Bethune Cookman

A former rutgers player who transferred to Bethune Cookman. Big enough guy at 6'2", and he's quite athletic: here's a video of him doing a 60" box jump.

Antavious Wilson, WR, Marshall

He has some route running skills and good hands, and is a willing blocker. If he does stick with the Jets, an intriguing rivalry connection is there; his teammate, Aaron Dobson, who he outproduced at Marshall, was drafted by the Patriots

Alex Dunnachie, P, Hawaii

Though not the best punter in the class, he has a solid average and once hit a 73 yard punt, one of the longest in school history. An interesting addition; the Jets already have two punters on the roster in the incumbent Malone and challenger Ryan Quigey, so they must like Dunnachie if they think he has a good chance to compete. If he does stick, he'll join Hayden Smith and become the roster's second Australian.

#6 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 29 April 2013 - 08:02 AM, said:

Ugh...why is he the faster Amendola? Because he's white...

AND because they were both UDFA. There's just too many similarities there. Spadola Band Wagon is filling up quick. Better get on or get left in the dust!

PS He grew up a Jets fan in Jersey. You can't not root for this kid.

#7 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 29 April 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

AND because they were both UDFA. There's just too many similarities there. Spadola Band Wagon is filling up quick. Better get on or get left in the dust!

PS He grew up a Jets fan in Jersey. You can't not root for this kid.

The next Cherbet. Speaking of... He looked rough on draft day. To many hits to the head. Feel bad for the guy. One of my favs
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:41 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 29 April 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

The next Cherbet. Speaking of... He looked rough on draft day. To many hits to the head. Feel bad for the guy. One of my favs

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

Troy Davis is a decent player. Had a nice career at UCF, I saw him a good amount of times. The rest, who knows.

#10 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

05, can we change 115's Hill avatar to that of Spadola?

#11 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:21 AM

Can you get rid of your Schotty sig? It's been over a year...not to mention it isn't the most pleasant thing to look at...
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 30 April 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

Can you get rid of your Schotty sig? It's been over a year...not to mention it isn't the most pleasant thing to look at...

I'd love to! I wasn't the one who put it there, Santana did. I don't know how to take it off.

#13 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

f*** me... :WTF: :poke:
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic