NYJetsFan.com Forums: Idzik's First Draft Is Done. My Grade - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

BEARS VS PACK MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBAWLLLL WOO
greenandwhit... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:30 AM) Well as one aspiring to be an analyst on football i would say it's because we're trying to save up to makes some big moves next year. If you look at next year's potential free agents they're top of the line. If Ryan and Idznik can keep that cap room... Some great things can happen defensively.
greenandwhit... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:30 AM) and offensively as well.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:32 PM) Dude bironas was solid that really sucks
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:30 PM) Sunday kinda sucks without jets football
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:50 PM) So who's having JETS withdrawls?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:50 PM) I didn't even watch any 1pm games cause all they had were the CHEATriots on
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:50 PM) now I'm flipping between the Den/Sea and the Az/SF games
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:51 PM) http://cdn.nextimpul...lbergstoned.gif
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:52 PM) HILARIOUS!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:56 PM) kraft is a pathetic troll
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:56 PM) and even a "fan" of the CHEATriots doesn't even give him any attention
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:28 PM) I still can't believe we lost to the packers and they go and lose to Detroit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:28 PM) we lost that game they didn't beat us
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:55 PM) I really hope Decker is able to play tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:55 PM) but without risking further injury cause we are going to need him later in the season
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:56 PM) and our running game better go off tomorrow night
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) some good games today
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) manning 4th quarter drive was pretty sick
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) so was russels OT drive
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) cousins looks legit for the skins
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:52 PM) eagles another 4th quarter come back they seem really well conditioned
santana Icon : (Today, 09:58 AM) So will our corners hold up tonight
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 10:21 AM) we might be lucky cause both marshall and jeffrey are banged up. holmes might hurt us though
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:20 AM) gameday
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:20 AM) finally can watch a game live, pumped
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:21 AM) We have to get pressure on Cutler, force him into mistakes. Last time we played the Bears I remember Cutler torched us a bit because we gave him all day to throw.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:21 AM) Hopefully Geno plays a great game tonight, the Bears defense isn't good.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:58 AM) Looks like Milber won't play tonight
Chaos Icon : (Today, 12:25 PM) Milliner's injuries are starting to get annoying
Chaos Icon : (Today, 12:26 PM) Jets D-line needs to wreck havoc on Cutler. if he gets time to pass, Jets won't be able to keep up
santana Icon : (Today, 01:20 PM) Fire the conditioning coach!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:56 PM) Bears will be without their starting LG (Matt Slauson) and starting center toight
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 01:57 PM) I don't think it's the ankle either with Milber, it's his quad. I didn't think the Jets should have played him last week, he was clearly not ready. High ankle sprains can linger, we need him back 100%
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 02:17 PM) Milber lol
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 02:18 PM) I wish the Jets would sign Barrnet too
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 03:00 PM) Anybody know who's playing on Monday night football tonight?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:08 PM) lol
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:18 PM) dumbass of the year? http://theredzone.or...k-/Default.aspx
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 04:20 PM) Not sure
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 04:48 PM) looks like Decker won't be playing either...
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 04:49 PM) So any chance saunders or hakim steps up in a WR role?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 04:50 PM) right now its kerly and nelson starting and salas in the #3 spot? with saunders and hakim at 4 and 5. thats just gross. our WRs and CBs are pathetic
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:00 PM) Time for Jace Amaro to step up
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 05:06 PM) IT'S MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL BITCHES!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 05:17 PM) Monday Night Countdown just said that Decker is playing
Resize Shouts Area

  • (7 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »

Idzik's First Draft Is Done. My Grade

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,583
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

1st round
9th pick - Dee Millner - My grade C
The reason this is a C and not an F is because he was the BPA by far. The problem is the position. CB was not even close to a need compared to many other holes we have. plus we traded away revis to draft another CB anyway? one that has had 5 surgeries already? plus everytime he lets up a catch were gonna hear boos and how we traded revis for him. overall was bad. we could have just traded back for more picks at this point instead of millner. one thing MT did good was find who he wanted and to get his guys. It was announced that we wanted mingo and austin yet we let them both get picked before we picked. we also didn't address the fact we need some playmaker son offense and a pass rusher.


13th pick Sheldon Richardson - DT My Grade D
Not the BPA on most boards, could have been on the jets borad but we drafted d-line in the 1st 2 years in a row, plus ellis in the 3rd 2 years ago. there are bigger needs like OLB and offensive playmakers. Its nothing against richardson. all signs point to him being a solid player. but the pick in itself couldn't have been more use full

2nd round
Geno Smith - QB My Grade A
This gets an A. QB was a big need and he is widely regarded as the best one in the draft. to get him with a 2nd round pick is a lot less crippling then a top 10 pick if he doesn't pan out. Sanchez will be gone after this year, mcelroy is a career back-up and gerrard im not sure why he is even here. also a mobile QB can be good for a team that lacks big plays and has a shaky o-line. I hope he sits a year to learn instead of being thrown into the fire. With alot of teams not in need of a QB he feel nicely to us.

3rd rounder Brina Winters - OG My Grade B
we need o-line help. he can play either guard position and can learn to play tackle. solid pick.

Rest of draft - My grade D
It gets a D cause we did at least address the line but taking o-line 3 picks in a row, still ignoring the fact we needed a pass rusher (OLB) and safety help, and WR help is sad. out 3 biggest needs got ignored.

Overall C
It would be a D but the geno pick is huge value. and we got some lineman which we needed. we still don't have any OLBs, pass rush, or Offensive playmakers. also trading a 4th for ivory wasn't the bets of ideas. we still had goodson, powell, and mcnkight at RB and ivory is just another avergae guy. we could have drafted an OLB instead there
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,693
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

:twak:
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,906
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 29 April 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

1st round
9th pick - Dee Millner - My grade C
The reason this is a C and not an F is because he was the BPA by far. The problem is the position. CB was not even close to a need compared to many other holes we have. plus we traded away revis to draft another CB anyway? one that has had 5 surgeries already? plus everytime he lets up a catch were gonna hear boos and how we traded revis for him. overall was bad. we could have just traded back for more picks at this point instead of millner. one thing MT did good was find who he wanted and to get his guys. It was announced that we wanted mingo and austin yet we let them both get picked before we picked. we also didn't address the fact we need some playmaker son offense and a pass rusher.


13th pick Sheldon Richardson - DT My Grade D
Not the BPA on most boards, could have been on the jets borad but we drafted d-line in the 1st 2 years in a row, plus ellis in the 3rd 2 years ago. there are bigger needs like OLB and offensive playmakers. Its nothing against richardson. all signs point to him being a solid player. but the pick in itself couldn't have been more use full

2nd round
Geno Smith - QB My Grade A
This gets an A. QB was a big need and he is widely regarded as the best one in the draft. to get him with a 2nd round pick is a lot less crippling then a top 10 pick if he doesn't pan out. Sanchez will be gone after this year, mcelroy is a career back-up and gerrard im not sure why he is even here. also a mobile QB can be good for a team that lacks big plays and has a shaky o-line. I hope he sits a year to learn instead of being thrown into the fire. With alot of teams not in need of a QB he feel nicely to us.

3rd rounder Brina Winters - OG My Grade B
we need o-line help. he can play either guard position and can learn to play tackle. solid pick.

Rest of draft - My grade D
It gets a D cause we did at least address the line but taking o-line 3 picks in a row, still ignoring the fact we needed a pass rusher (OLB) and safety help, and WR help is sad. out 3 biggest needs got ignored.

Overall C
It would be a D but the geno pick is huge value. and we got some lineman which we needed. we still don't have any OLBs, pass rush, or Offensive playmakers. also trading a 4th for ivory wasn't the bets of ideas. we still had goodson, powell, and mcnkight at RB and ivory is just another avergae guy. we could have drafted an OLB instead there


Well I guess what they say is true. Opinions are like assholes, Everyone has one and yours is worth shit. :hysterical: Yes I think I am funny.
Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,239
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 29 April 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

Well I guess what they say is true. Opinions are like assholes, Everyone has one and yours is worth shit. :hysterical: Yes I think I am funny.



Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they're both full of shit.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#5 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,906
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

http://youtu.be/jjy_7haflaM
Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,583
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 29 April 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

Well I guess what they say is true. Opinions are like assholes, Everyone has one and yours is worth shit. :hysterical:/> Yes I think I am funny.


or you could be constructive and give your grade and reasons behind them.

also FWIW most people graded the jets draft a C
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#7 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,906
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 29 April 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

or you could be constructive and give your grade and reasons behind them.

also FWIW most people graded the jets draft a C

I would rather just talk smack. Offseason
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   DamonWB Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 16-January 11

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

are you sure you're a JETS fan. or just hate everything.
when your kids do something good do you say "I HATE THAT!!!!!!!!"
HEY we sucked last year. let's see where these moves take us before we start hating.
ZEN HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
PS most graded our draft a B+ or better.
stop reading the daily news they're haters too
first 4 picks B+(A if we take that ND TE instead of richardson)
last 3 D-(too many fat bodies for a team filled with fat bodies)









so i'm hating a little
0

#9 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,029
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

115 hates Idzik more than he hates the Giants
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,583
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 29 April 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

115 hates Idzik more than he hates the Giants


This is actually correct. i don't hate the giants but right now i do hate idzik.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#11 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,906
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 29 April 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

This is actually correct. i don't hate the giants but right now i do hate idzik.

And the owner and the coach.... so how are you a fan again?
Posted Image
0

#12 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,693
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 29 April 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

This is actually correct. i don't hate the giants but right now i do hate idzik.


:sterb041:
Posted Image
0

#13 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 6,993
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

zzz
0

#14 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,906
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 29 April 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

or you could be constructive and give your grade and reasons behind them.

also FWIW most people graded the jets draft a C

I went to 4 different sights and they all had A or B. I have not found a reputable site yet to give them a poor grade. The ones that are though are saying they knocked us down due to not needing a DL in a 3-4. I think common sense would say we will be running alot more 4-3. I believe your man hate for Idzik is skewing your though process.
Posted Image
0

#15 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

I was gonna write up a big reply to this, but you want to be the guy that hates Idzik so I'm not going to waste anyone's time.

PS Richardson is going to be a beast.
0

#16 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,583
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 29 April 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

I went to 4 different sights and they all had A or B. I have not found a reputable site yet to give them a poor grade. The ones that are though are saying they knocked us down due to not needing a DL in a 3-4. I think common sense would say we will be running alot more 4-3. I believe your man hate for Idzik is skewing your though process.


NFL.com has us at a C (fan voting)

rotowrold gave us a c-
http://www.rotoworld...aft-grades?pg=2


AOL sports gave us a D
http://aol.sportingn...steelers-eagles

Quote

New York Jets: Their entire draft will ride on just how good West Virginia's Geno Smith will be as their starting quarterback, and there's reason to believe the pairing will be quite bumpy. In essence, they swapped out Darrelle Revis for Alabama's Dee Milliner at cornerback, but wasted the No. 13 they got for Revis by taking Sheldon Richardson, a tackle better suited for the 4-3, not Rex Ryan's 3-4. It was a shaky start for John Idzik. Complete draft class


so what again were you reading?
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#17 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,583
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 29 April 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

I was gonna write up a big reply to this, but you want to be the guy that hates Idzik so I'm not going to waste anyone's time.

PS Richardson is going to be a beast.


i don't think a C means hate. do i hate him? yes i think he has done terrible so far. but its besides the point. I never said richardson won't be a beast. i said i didn't like the pick
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#18 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,906
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 29 April 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

NFL.com has us at a C (fan voting)

rotowrold gave us a c-
http://www.rotoworld...aft-grades?pg=2


AOL sports gave us a D
http://aol.sportingn...steelers-eagles


so what again were you reading?


Fan voting? Fans are idiots, look at the crap you wrote. Kiper, Bleacher Mayock. NFL gave Millner a 93 and Richardson a 90 grade, Gino a 88. So where are you getting it from? Again AOL Roto are not a good gauge
Posted Image
0

#19 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,239
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

I don't understand draft grades during and right after the draft. These drafted players haven't even played one game yet. You can't truly grade a draft until 2 or 3 years after that draft. We won't know if these players are any good until 2015 or 2016. These websites and "experts" don't know anymore than anybody else when it comes to who will be good and who won't be. It's just too early to tell.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#20 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,583
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 29 April 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

Fan voting? Fans are idiots, look at the crap you wrote. Kiper, Bleacher Mayock. NFL gave Millner a 93 and Richardson a 90 grade, Gino a 88. So where are you getting it from? Again AOL Roto are not a good gauge


whats a good gauge then? and yes fans are idiots as proof of your arguing with my assessment right now.\

and their player grade doesn't mean they were right for us.

richardson is a 4-3 DT by most accounts. not a NT, millner wil never be revis. our 2nd and 3rd round picks were the only good picks we made
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

  • (7 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users