NYJetsFan.com Forums: Idzik's First Draft Is Done. My Grade - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit
Chaos Icon : (17 November 2014 - 12:15 PM) Stanton winning the SB would be something.
Chaos Icon : (17 November 2014 - 12:16 PM) Jets got rid of the guy to get Tebow lol
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:19 PM) It's not the QB its the coach. I was screaming for Bruce Ariens
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:20 PM) I was told he was a QB killer by some on here.
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:20 PM) I was told his QBs hated him by some on here
santana Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:22 PM) Everyone is against my amazing opinions!!!
santana Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:23 PM) I'm the best driver on the east coast! Everyone else is terrible
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:52 PM) The biggest mistake was made today
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:53 PM) Stanton for $325 Mil
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:53 PM) after he got hit in the face who said he'll even be the same player ever again
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:54 PM) but the Marlins throw $325 million at him like nothing ever happened
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 06:55 PM) I predict he'll be a shell of himself and in 5 years he will be horrible player and the $ will still be weighing down the Marlins for the remainder of the contract
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 07:06 PM) 3 years ago I would of considered this kind of contract but after what happened to him this season and how he might be shocked to step into the batters box in 2015 is a HUGE risk when a team gives them $325 million
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 07:07 PM) these monster contracts are ridiculous to begin with
ganggreen2003 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 07:32 PM) So who thinks the JETS will win this Sunday?
a1elbow2.0 Icon : (17 November 2014 - 08:29 PM) Ryan is terrible after byes. 2-9
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 10:22 PM) Titans may pull this one out!
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 11:17 PM) Or not
azjetfan Icon : (17 November 2014 - 11:18 PM) Mettle burger a 6th rounder played better than Geno or Sanchez
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 November 2014 - 05:34 PM) all these players that got cut today cause they bitched about touches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (18 November 2014 - 05:35 PM) Ben Tate, LaGarret Blount and Jason Avant
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:37 PM) aldaon smith did too, but he didn't get cut
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:51 PM) ALDAON SMITH
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:51 PM) TEH MILBER
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) Fuck you lol ;)
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:51 PM) and it was brooks anyway ;)
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:36 PM) Titties
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:46 AM) Raul is bringing nothing to the table
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:47 AM) TEH TABLE
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:59 PM) he really doesnt
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:59 PM) besides funding the site
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 02:00 PM) Looks like the game will be moved to Monday night in either Detroit, Pittsburgh, or Washington DC.
santana Icon : (Today, 02:55 PM) that makes it sound like I AM THE TABLE
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:36 PM) SUCK FOR TEH DUCK
santana Icon : (Today, 08:28 PM) lets go chaaaaaaaales
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 08:37 PM) We want raiders to win
santana Icon : (Today, 08:59 PM) Michael Irvin pre-game, "Jamaal Charles makes defenders look like Ray Charles"
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 09:00 PM) JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit as per Fox Sports Mike Garafalo
santana Icon : (Today, 09:07 PM) word
santana Icon : (Today, 09:07 PM) i wonder how much tickets could be
santana Icon : (Today, 09:16 PM) murray bringing it to the table for 05
santana Icon : (Today, 09:16 PM) well bringing it to his bench
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 09:22 PM) Unreal. My fantasy luck is awesome
santana Icon : (Today, 09:25 PM) GIOVANI OCHO SANTOS
santana Icon : (Today, 09:26 PM) If i win by 3 pts i'm going to get drunk with the tulane students
Resize Shouts Area

  • (7 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »

Idzik's First Draft Is Done. My Grade

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,628
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

1st round
9th pick - Dee Millner - My grade C
The reason this is a C and not an F is because he was the BPA by far. The problem is the position. CB was not even close to a need compared to many other holes we have. plus we traded away revis to draft another CB anyway? one that has had 5 surgeries already? plus everytime he lets up a catch were gonna hear boos and how we traded revis for him. overall was bad. we could have just traded back for more picks at this point instead of millner. one thing MT did good was find who he wanted and to get his guys. It was announced that we wanted mingo and austin yet we let them both get picked before we picked. we also didn't address the fact we need some playmaker son offense and a pass rusher.


13th pick Sheldon Richardson - DT My Grade D
Not the BPA on most boards, could have been on the jets borad but we drafted d-line in the 1st 2 years in a row, plus ellis in the 3rd 2 years ago. there are bigger needs like OLB and offensive playmakers. Its nothing against richardson. all signs point to him being a solid player. but the pick in itself couldn't have been more use full

2nd round
Geno Smith - QB My Grade A
This gets an A. QB was a big need and he is widely regarded as the best one in the draft. to get him with a 2nd round pick is a lot less crippling then a top 10 pick if he doesn't pan out. Sanchez will be gone after this year, mcelroy is a career back-up and gerrard im not sure why he is even here. also a mobile QB can be good for a team that lacks big plays and has a shaky o-line. I hope he sits a year to learn instead of being thrown into the fire. With alot of teams not in need of a QB he feel nicely to us.

3rd rounder Brina Winters - OG My Grade B
we need o-line help. he can play either guard position and can learn to play tackle. solid pick.

Rest of draft - My grade D
It gets a D cause we did at least address the line but taking o-line 3 picks in a row, still ignoring the fact we needed a pass rusher (OLB) and safety help, and WR help is sad. out 3 biggest needs got ignored.

Overall C
It would be a D but the geno pick is huge value. and we got some lineman which we needed. we still don't have any OLBs, pass rush, or Offensive playmakers. also trading a 4th for ivory wasn't the bets of ideas. we still had goodson, powell, and mcnkight at RB and ivory is just another avergae guy. we could have drafted an OLB instead there
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#2 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,696
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

:twak:
Posted Image
0

#3 User is online   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,976
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 29 April 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

1st round
9th pick - Dee Millner - My grade C
The reason this is a C and not an F is because he was the BPA by far. The problem is the position. CB was not even close to a need compared to many other holes we have. plus we traded away revis to draft another CB anyway? one that has had 5 surgeries already? plus everytime he lets up a catch were gonna hear boos and how we traded revis for him. overall was bad. we could have just traded back for more picks at this point instead of millner. one thing MT did good was find who he wanted and to get his guys. It was announced that we wanted mingo and austin yet we let them both get picked before we picked. we also didn't address the fact we need some playmaker son offense and a pass rusher.


13th pick Sheldon Richardson - DT My Grade D
Not the BPA on most boards, could have been on the jets borad but we drafted d-line in the 1st 2 years in a row, plus ellis in the 3rd 2 years ago. there are bigger needs like OLB and offensive playmakers. Its nothing against richardson. all signs point to him being a solid player. but the pick in itself couldn't have been more use full

2nd round
Geno Smith - QB My Grade A
This gets an A. QB was a big need and he is widely regarded as the best one in the draft. to get him with a 2nd round pick is a lot less crippling then a top 10 pick if he doesn't pan out. Sanchez will be gone after this year, mcelroy is a career back-up and gerrard im not sure why he is even here. also a mobile QB can be good for a team that lacks big plays and has a shaky o-line. I hope he sits a year to learn instead of being thrown into the fire. With alot of teams not in need of a QB he feel nicely to us.

3rd rounder Brina Winters - OG My Grade B
we need o-line help. he can play either guard position and can learn to play tackle. solid pick.

Rest of draft - My grade D
It gets a D cause we did at least address the line but taking o-line 3 picks in a row, still ignoring the fact we needed a pass rusher (OLB) and safety help, and WR help is sad. out 3 biggest needs got ignored.

Overall C
It would be a D but the geno pick is huge value. and we got some lineman which we needed. we still don't have any OLBs, pass rush, or Offensive playmakers. also trading a 4th for ivory wasn't the bets of ideas. we still had goodson, powell, and mcnkight at RB and ivory is just another avergae guy. we could have drafted an OLB instead there


Well I guess what they say is true. Opinions are like assholes, Everyone has one and yours is worth shit. :hysterical: Yes I think I am funny.
Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,264
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 29 April 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

Well I guess what they say is true. Opinions are like assholes, Everyone has one and yours is worth shit. :hysterical: Yes I think I am funny.



Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they're both full of shit.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#5 User is online   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,976
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

http://youtu.be/jjy_7haflaM
Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,628
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 29 April 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

Well I guess what they say is true. Opinions are like assholes, Everyone has one and yours is worth shit. :hysterical:/> Yes I think I am funny.


or you could be constructive and give your grade and reasons behind them.

also FWIW most people graded the jets draft a C
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#7 User is online   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,976
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 29 April 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

or you could be constructive and give your grade and reasons behind them.

also FWIW most people graded the jets draft a C

I would rather just talk smack. Offseason
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   DamonWB Icon

  • Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 16-January 11

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

are you sure you're a JETS fan. or just hate everything.
when your kids do something good do you say "I HATE THAT!!!!!!!!"
HEY we sucked last year. let's see where these moves take us before we start hating.
ZEN HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
PS most graded our draft a B+ or better.
stop reading the daily news they're haters too
first 4 picks B+(A if we take that ND TE instead of richardson)
last 3 D-(too many fat bodies for a team filled with fat bodies)









so i'm hating a little
0

#9 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,070
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

115 hates Idzik more than he hates the Giants
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,628
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 29 April 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

115 hates Idzik more than he hates the Giants


This is actually correct. i don't hate the giants but right now i do hate idzik.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#11 User is online   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,976
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 29 April 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

This is actually correct. i don't hate the giants but right now i do hate idzik.

And the owner and the coach.... so how are you a fan again?
Posted Image
0

#12 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,696
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 29 April 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

This is actually correct. i don't hate the giants but right now i do hate idzik.


:sterb041:
Posted Image
0

#13 User is online   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 7,019
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

zzz
0

#14 User is online   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,976
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 29 April 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

or you could be constructive and give your grade and reasons behind them.

also FWIW most people graded the jets draft a C

I went to 4 different sights and they all had A or B. I have not found a reputable site yet to give them a poor grade. The ones that are though are saying they knocked us down due to not needing a DL in a 3-4. I think common sense would say we will be running alot more 4-3. I believe your man hate for Idzik is skewing your though process.
Posted Image
0

#15 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

I was gonna write up a big reply to this, but you want to be the guy that hates Idzik so I'm not going to waste anyone's time.

PS Richardson is going to be a beast.
0

#16 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,628
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 29 April 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

I went to 4 different sights and they all had A or B. I have not found a reputable site yet to give them a poor grade. The ones that are though are saying they knocked us down due to not needing a DL in a 3-4. I think common sense would say we will be running alot more 4-3. I believe your man hate for Idzik is skewing your though process.


NFL.com has us at a C (fan voting)

rotowrold gave us a c-
http://www.rotoworld...aft-grades?pg=2


AOL sports gave us a D
http://aol.sportingn...steelers-eagles

Quote

New York Jets: Their entire draft will ride on just how good West Virginia's Geno Smith will be as their starting quarterback, and there's reason to believe the pairing will be quite bumpy. In essence, they swapped out Darrelle Revis for Alabama's Dee Milliner at cornerback, but wasted the No. 13 they got for Revis by taking Sheldon Richardson, a tackle better suited for the 4-3, not Rex Ryan's 3-4. It was a shaky start for John Idzik. Complete draft class


so what again were you reading?
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#17 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,628
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 29 April 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

I was gonna write up a big reply to this, but you want to be the guy that hates Idzik so I'm not going to waste anyone's time.

PS Richardson is going to be a beast.


i don't think a C means hate. do i hate him? yes i think he has done terrible so far. but its besides the point. I never said richardson won't be a beast. i said i didn't like the pick
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#18 User is online   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,976
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 29 April 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

NFL.com has us at a C (fan voting)

rotowrold gave us a c-
http://www.rotoworld...aft-grades?pg=2


AOL sports gave us a D
http://aol.sportingn...steelers-eagles


so what again were you reading?


Fan voting? Fans are idiots, look at the crap you wrote. Kiper, Bleacher Mayock. NFL gave Millner a 93 and Richardson a 90 grade, Gino a 88. So where are you getting it from? Again AOL Roto are not a good gauge
Posted Image
0

#19 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,264
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

I don't understand draft grades during and right after the draft. These drafted players haven't even played one game yet. You can't truly grade a draft until 2 or 3 years after that draft. We won't know if these players are any good until 2015 or 2016. These websites and "experts" don't know anymore than anybody else when it comes to who will be good and who won't be. It's just too early to tell.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions


Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#20 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,628
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 29 April 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

Fan voting? Fans are idiots, look at the crap you wrote. Kiper, Bleacher Mayock. NFL gave Millner a 93 and Richardson a 90 grade, Gino a 88. So where are you getting it from? Again AOL Roto are not a good gauge


whats a good gauge then? and yes fans are idiots as proof of your arguing with my assessment right now.\

and their player grade doesn't mean they were right for us.

richardson is a 4-3 DT by most accounts. not a NT, millner wil never be revis. our 2nd and 3rd round picks were the only good picks we made
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

  • (7 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users