NYJetsFan.com Forums: Idzik's First Draft Is Done. My Grade - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

2014 NYJetsFan Fantasy League sign up: http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38425
santana Icon : (16 August 2014 - 11:55 PM) http://gfycat.com/Mi...idHookersealion
santana Icon : (16 August 2014 - 11:55 PM) Gotta fix that
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:35 PM) Is anyone else as concerned as I am about the secondary?
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:36 PM) I know it's preseason and all but even with Milliner in on the first game we gave up a TD on the first drive to the Colts
azjetfan Icon : (17 August 2014 - 01:37 PM) Patterson looked like me out there and Wilson got torched last night
Smedsthejet Icon : (17 August 2014 - 02:26 PM) Concerned about the right side of the OLine too - too many penalties and Giacomini wasn't that much better than against the Colts when he was poor
SackExchange71 Icon : (17 August 2014 - 02:31 PM) Imo i still think howard is better then giacomini..Wish they never let him walk.Giacomini had alot of flags in seattle also
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:33 AM) Howard recieved a huge contract in Oakland. Way over his actual value.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 10:08 AM) So did we make a trade for a CB yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:51 PM) Milliner did suffer a high ankle sprain, that sucks. could linger all year
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 August 2014 - 03:52 PM) I think Patterson sucked vs the Colts because he was injured, which he always is.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:49 PM) As much as people criticized Tannanbaum for spending too much. It's starting to look like Idzik is going to be too cheap.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 06:52 PM) You get what you pay for and when you let quality players go because you don't want to pay them, this is what happens. You're left with scrub players.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 07:55 PM) I'm still on board with the Idzik plan. Even with Revis and Revis we still are not going to the SB this year. But the down time sucks. If Milliner comes back healthy by week 3 or so we should be fine.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 08:18 PM) Regardless of our SB chances this year or next year. If Idzik keeps acting like a cheapskate and continues to let quality players go, we won't have to worry about winning much of anything this decade.
azjetfan Icon : (18 August 2014 - 09:36 PM) He wants to build through the draft. Not blow the bank on FA. I get what your saying but there is a balance and right now we are not one or two pieces away.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:00 PM) It's not about being one or two pieces away. It's about keeping the good pieces you have and building upon that.
Mr_Jet Icon : (18 August 2014 - 11:04 PM) But there is no sense in trying to build through the draft if he's only going to end up letting the good players he picks up go in FA after a few years. All because he wants to do things on the cheap.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:02 AM) FIRE IDZIK
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:33 AM) out side of Revis who left we should have kept?
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:34 AM) The Revis deal sucks but $16 million was too much for a CB and once he was gone he was not coming back.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:00 AM) Matt Slauson
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 01:00 PM) Eh. I think with our current cap situation we will be able to retain guys like Wilkerson and whomever we want to keep. We are in a good position right now.
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:49 PM) Time will tell.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:00 PM) landed revis abck. got DRC, nope we take patterson who got owned and always hurt. milner always hurt. 3rd round CB done for season. were gonna get passed on all day
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 02:44 PM) Yea the DRC bit makes me iffy
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:35 PM) better then patterson
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:45 PM) No I mean the fact that he whiffed on him.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 05:46 PM) I'm not saying Idzik is perfect. I just like the direction we are heading. It's going to take some patience.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:27 PM) I like how our lack of secondary is the hot topic right now. The bigger issue is we still will not be able to throw the ball. We are not going to do much of anything regardless until we get a QB. Sorry for being so negative just my honest opinion.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 06:29 PM) With that said I think our running game with CJ and Powell will be top 10 or somewhere around there
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:35 PM) i have faith that if geno messes up that vick can come in and do well. but i have 0 faith in our secondary right now which has been our strong point for the past 4 years or so
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:35 PM) I agree 115. but the one thing is Rex has done some good things in the past with shitty DBs and still had a solid D going back to his years in BAL
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:37 PM) Corey Ivy CB
36 Jim Leonhard SS/PR
43 Haruki Nakamura FS
25 Evan Oglesby CB
20 Ed Reed FS
22 Samari Rolle CB
39 Daren Stone FS
41 Frank Walker CB
31 Fabian Washington in 2008
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) Reed is a HOF but Rolle was way past his prime
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) SNOOPY BOWL FRIDAY!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 08:26 PM) I assume we will pick up a guy after the cuts happen.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:14 PM) we'll see but I think we see better QB play than we have in a while.
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (Today, 08:54 AM) disgusted with my local programming, instead of jets and giants they are airing the raiders vs packers..wtf
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 09:23 AM) Glad I don't live up there anymore haha
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:59 PM) The JETS are #6 in the Forbes List for most franchise value
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 06:59 PM) The Buffalo Jills are #31 and the Miami Dolphags are #16 respectively
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:00 PM) The JETS are worth $1.8 billion
jet-man Icon : (Today, 10:03 PM) that's less than the clippers
Resize Shouts Area

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Idzik's First Draft Is Done. My Grade

#101 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 30 April 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

You mean the two players that were drafted by need not BPA?

It's cracking me up reading everyone bash 115 for acting like he knew what the Jets were thinking in their offices, but then they talk like they know what the team had as their BPA. BPA is not reaching for guys, it isn't some marvel "smart" people use. The alternative to BPA isn't drafting Williamson because you traded Randy Moss. Teams that go BPA still use common sense and look at what is useful for their team.

Keep having your own opinion 115.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me

Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.

#102 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 01 May 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

It's cracking me up reading everyone bash 115 for acting like he knew what the Jets were thinking in their offices, but then they talk like they know what the team had as their BPA. BPA is not reaching for guys, it isn't some marvel "smart" people use. The alternative to BPA isn't drafting Williamson because you traded Randy Moss. Teams that go BPA still use common sense and look at what is useful for their team.

Keep having your own opinion 115.

Thank you!

I miss the old school good posters. what happened to bluelinecop, and crazyhrosedave, and sdubb, and amen, and such?

Its funny how i'm an idoit for thinking i know what teh FO was thinking but eveyrone else si smart for thinking they know. I understand following the team blindly. I do i really do. but after 20+ years of wathcing this team fail i'm taking off my green colored glasses. I'm gonna root my ass off and watch eevry game and love the jets until i die, but i refuse to get my hopes up to be heartbroken again and again and pretend every move we make is perfect. its like when we thought we were a kicker away from winning and drafted nugent
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#103 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 01 May 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

it isn't some marvel "smart" people use.

It's well documented that the two teams who use this strategy the most (Pitt and Baltimore) routinely draft the best. And they stick to their board. They are the "smart" people considering their track record.

#104 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

This thread is just ridiculous... Just blind hate for Idzik and its really for no reason considering like I said before, it was Woody Johnson's choice to trade Revis, it was made BEFORE Idzik became GM. The Revis trade rumors came BEFORE he was the GM. It was Woody Johnson who started it all.

With the big board, all we know is with what has been reported... And that is that Tavon Austin, Dee Milliner, Chance Warmack, and Sheldon Richardson were the top 4 on their board. Reports said that the team wasn't as high on Barkevious Mingo as originally said... Saying things like "the Jets top 2 guys were gone so they panicked" is just making stuff up to fuel the hate. And saying things like "they were unprepared because they let the clock run" is just ridiculously ignorant to the NFL drafting process....

Reaching for players who fill a need over drafting best player available is how you draft busts, its been proven time after time. And the Jets didn't draft players that won't help them out, they got 5-6 players (including the trade for Ivory) that will start or play a lot right away...
Posted Image

#105 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 01 May 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

It's well documented that the two teams who use this strategy the most (Pitt and Baltimore) routinely draft the best. And they stick to their board. They are the "smart" people considering their track record.

But just saying "BPA" doesn't mean you draft well. You still have to, you know, know what you are doing. BPA with poor scouting isn't better than need-drafting with good scouting. I'm sure the Raiders thought they were drafting the best available player a lot of the time they were taking bums. BPA isn't some stand-alone magic formula the way some people on here are talking. It isn't rolling dice in a certain way to always get the desired result.

A lot of people on here are running around filling up their posts with those three letters and comforting themselves by trying to make it seem like the Jets are suddenly the Ravens and these other "smart" teams. These are a lot the same people who "knew" Tannenbaum was the reason we sucked not Ryan and that Mangini was the problem and not Tannenbaum and that Tannenbaum and Mangini would fix what Edwards and Bradshaw left. It is easy enough on the internet to try and pretend you never said things you did because posts and names blend in.

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me

Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.

#106 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 01 May 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

really?

b-more 1st rounds
2012 traded back
2011 jimmy smith need not BPA, bad pick
2010 Traded back
2009 Oher need not BPA, good pick
2008 - flacco need not BPA, good pick
2007 - grubbs need not BPA good pick
2006 - Ngata need not BPA good pick

please check facts.
last 7 years they traded back twice and took 5 players of need over BPA and they won a SB so it worked out well for them
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#107 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 01 May 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

This thread is just ridiculous... Just blind hate for Idzik and its really for no reason considering like I said before, it was Woody Johnson's choice to trade Revis, it was made BEFORE Idzik became GM. The Revis trade rumors came BEFORE he was the GM. It was Woody Johnson who started it all.

With the big board, all we know is with what has been reported... And that is that Tavon Austin, Dee Milliner, Chance Warmack, and Sheldon Richardson were the top 4 on their board. Reports said that the team wasn't as high on Barkevious Mingo as originally said... Saying things like "the Jets top 2 guys were gone so they panicked" is just making stuff up to fuel the hate. And saying things like "they were unprepared because they let the clock run" is just ridiculously ignorant to the NFL drafting process....

Reaching for players who fill a need over drafting best player available is how you draft busts, its been proven time after time. And the Jets didn't draft players that won't help them out, they got 5-6 players (including the trade for Ivory) that will start or play a lot right away...

Blind Hate?

trades best player, then drafts same position in the 1st
drafts a DT and CB, ignores the OLB and pas rush need
Says we need offensive playmakers, doesn't get one
lets young good starters like keller and slason walk w/o having replacements to 1 year cheap deals

there si 4 good reasons to hate idzik right there , what is blind about it. I dind't hate the hire, i hated him when i seen his actions
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#108 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 01 May 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

But just saying "BPA" doesn't mean you draft well. You still have to, you know, know what you are doing. BPA with poor scouting isn't better than need-drafting with good scouting. I'm sure the Raiders thought they were drafting the best available player a lot of the time they were taking bums. BPA isn't some stand-alone magic formula the way some people on here are talking. It isn't rolling dice in a certain way to always get the desired result.

A lot of people on here are running around filling up their posts with those three letters and comforting themselves by trying to make it seem like the Jets are suddenly the Ravens and these other "smart" teams. These are a lot the same people who "knew" Tannenbaum was the reason we sucked not Ryan and that Mangini was the problem and not Tannenbaum and that Tannenbaum and Mangini would fix what Edwards and Bradshaw left. It is easy enough on the internet to try and pretend you never said things you did because posts and names blend in.

A1 being the voice of reason. nice to have someone else in this thread who isn't wearing their green colored glasses
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#109 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 01 May 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

I dont think anyone is arguing that point.
Posted Image

#110 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 01 May 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

really?

b-more 1st rounds
2012 traded back
2011 jimmy smith need not BPA, bad pick
2010 Traded back
2009 Oher need not BPA, good pick
2008 - flacco need not BPA, good pick
2007 - grubbs need not BPA good pick
2006 - Ngata need not BPA good pick

please check facts.
last 7 years they traded back twice and took 5 players of need over BPA and they won a SB so it worked out well for them

That says a lot about Newsome, who almost always will pick the best player on the board – regardless of his position. Heap became a star with Baltimore and is one of many jewels plucked in the late rounds by Baltimore's draft wizard. Lewis was selected 26th overall in the 1996 draft, Reed was 24th overall in 2002, offensive tackle Michael Oher came in at No. 23 in 2009 and cornerback Jimmy Smith, one of many Baltimore heroes in the Super Bowl, was 27th overall in 2011.

http://www.delawareo...aft-magic-again

Written by a guy who knows much more about it than me or you. Ozzie Newsome has said it a ton of times. He picks according to their board. BPA. You say "not BPA" you don't have a f***ing clue who the Ravens had where on their board.

I'll take Ozzie's word for it, he sticks to his plan. Just as he did this year. Said right after the draft Elam was the best player on their board.

#111 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 01 May 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

That says a lot about Newsome, who almost always will pick the best player on the board regardless of his position. Heap became a star with Baltimore and is one of many jewels plucked in the late rounds by Baltimore's draft wizard. Lewis was selected 26th overall in the 1996 draft, Reed was 24th overall in 2002, offensive tackle Michael Oher came in at No. 23 in 2009 and cornerback Jimmy Smith, one of many Baltimore heroes in the Super Bowl, was 27th overall in 2011.

http://www.delawareo...aft-magic-again

Written by a guy who knows much more about it than me or you. Ozzie Newsome has said it a ton of times. He picks according to their board. BPA. You say "not BPA" you don't have a f***ing clue who the Ravens had where on their board.

I'll take Ozzie's word for it, he sticks to his plan. Just as he did this year. Said right after the draft Elam was the best player on their board.

an article that picks4 picks in 20 years and i just listed the last 7 in a row? not to mention the fact that twice in the past 4 years they traded down , something we could have done.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#112 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 01 May 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

an article that picks4 picks in 20 years and i just listed the last 7 in a row? not to mention the fact that twice in the past 4 years they traded down , something we could have done.

Trading down just represents they got value for their pick and obviously didn't need/like what was sitting there for them. It wasn't the picks I was pointing to, it was the clear indication of the strategy. Here's a take on the Steelers now:

"We've done it the way we've always done it, to be honest with you," coach Mike Tomlin said. "It just so happens, particularly early in the draft, the guys that were the highest guys on our boards happened to be at the position of need.

"Obviously, when you're in the state we're in, you could take guys at every position. Sometimes it appears you took need, but obviously we could have used guys at a number of positions throughout this draft."

Read more: http://www.post-gaze.../#ixzz2S56n3WAf

I'll stop.

#113 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 01 May 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

Trading down just represents they got value for their pick and obviously didn't need/like what was sitting there for them. It wasn't the picks I was pointing to, it was the clear indication of the strategy. Here's a take on the Steelers now:

"We've done it the way we've always done it, to be honest with you," coach Mike Tomlin said. "It just so happens, particularly early in the draft, the guys that were the highest guys on our boards happened to be at the position of need.

"Obviously, when you're in the state we're in, you could take guys at every position. Sometimes it appears you took need, but obviously we could have used guys at a number of positions throughout this draft."

Read more: http://www.post-gaze.../#ixzz2S56n3WAf

I'll stop.

so he is saying they got lucky and the BPA happened to be an area of need. It doesn't say that we needed a CB who was 2nd on our board but we took a QB who was 1st even though we have big ben because it was BPA and we mindlessly draft BPA.

guaranteed any smart person would take the 2nd best on their board if it was a need over the best that isn't a need.

the falcons have been a great team the past few years. they gave up most of their draft to get julio jones and it worked out well for them. the raiders take BPA on their board and do terrible. DHB, russell, etc and many more.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#114 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 01 May 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

the raiders take BPA on their board and do terrible. DHB, russell, etc and many more.

What?

Al Davis drafted anyone who classified as a workout warrior.

Everyone has their different ways... some of us just happen to think sticking to your board is the best best. You disagree, it's fine.

#115 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

LMFAO! 115 its truly astonishing at how pathetic you are. I mean, lets take a break from the fact that you're a complete imbecile 99% of the time (have you learned percentages yet?).

Do you realize how pathetic you really are?

I mean, you try to offend me with the gay porn shit. I did that shit 6 years ago. And wanna know how I did it? I outfuckingsmarted the owner of the site. Aside from that, why is it still on your mind? Has it had that much of an impact on you.

I can say it. I posted gay porn on peoples signature with a phantom moderator account that RonnyDynamic never decided to think about when he dropped me as a mod. I did it! And you wanna know how this affects my life? It doesn't. I don't even think about it.

But this place is like your life. If you lost NYJetsFan.com and all 2 dozen of it's regular visitors, you'd probably go insane. Sometimes I wonder if you put this place on your resume for all the grocery stores you apply to.

I'm sure it looks like this.

Moduratr
nyjetsfan.com
august 2005-now
-rite on peoples posts

-make sure people be behavin

-ban people

I'm sure that's right at the top of the list too.

I mean, congratulations. You're a mod and I no longer am one. You being a mod is just about being equal to being the guy at the retard table at lunch time who talks the most.

So here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna go ahead and sign off and forget about this place for a little while. If I get through all the real world shit that I have to do, maybe I'll sign back on and check shit out. Meanwhile, you can go ahead and get ass reamed by Ron some more and keep babysitting your pride and joy.
Posted Image

#116 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 01 May 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

What?

Al Davis drafted anyone who classified as a workout warrior.

Everyone has their different ways... some of us just happen to think sticking to your board is the best best. You disagree, it's fine.

everyone is ignoring the fact that we can't for certain 100% say what the jets board was. yes there were reports of this and that and you can get an idea of what maybe but still can't say for certain. i say that the action seem like... and i get attacked but others claim they know the exact jets board.

this draft reminded me of the whole we want sapp and we draft brady
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#117 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 01 May 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

LMFAO! 115 its truly astonishing at how pathetic you are. I mean, lets take a break from the fact that you're a complete imbecile 99% of the time (have you learned percentages yet?).

I mean, you try to offend me with the gay porn shit. I did that shit 6 years ago. And wanna know how I did it? I outfuckingsmarted the owner of the site. Aside from that, why is it still on your mind? Has it had that much of an impact on you.

I can say it. I posted gay porn on peoples signature with a phantom moderator account that RonnyDynamic never decided to think about when he dropped me as a mod. I did it! And you wanna know how this affects my life? It doesn't. I don't even think about it.

But this place is like your life. If you lost NYJetsFan.com and all 2 dozen of it's regular visitors, you'd probably go insane. Sometimes I wonder if you put this place on your resume for all the grocery stores you apply to.

Moduratr
nyjetsfan.com
august 2005-now
-rite on peoples posts

-ban people

I mean, congratulations. You're a mod and I no longer am one. You being a mod is just about being equal to being the guy at the retard table at lunch time who talks the most.

So here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna go ahead and sign off and forget about this place for a little while. If I get through all the real world shit that I have to do, maybe I'll sign back on and check shit out. Meanwhile, you can go ahead and get ass reamed by Ron some more and keep babysitting your pride and joy.

lol you claim i'm pathetic when you got so butthurt over the forum that you felt the need to post gay porn in someones sig and you weren't even mature enough to be a mod on a forum of like 20 people. This is far from my life but w/e pretend you know me. You way overly angry but go ahead and spout insults and vent on an internet forum and then claim others ahve no life. great job big man, your soo special
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#118 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 01 May 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

trades best player, then drafts same position in the 1st
drafts a DT and CB, ignores the OLB and pas rush need
Says we need offensive playmakers, doesn't get one
lets young good starters like keller and slason walk w/o having replacements to 1 year cheap deals

I have to jump in on this one.

Traded best player? You mean FORMER best player. Nobody knows what Mevis will do until the season starts and MEvis forced the team's hand on this one so you SERIOUSLY need to get over it already.

Ignored OLB & Pass rush? We've got 10 LB's on the roster right now, Coples is being moved to OLB & the Richardson pick also helps with the pass rush. Interior pass rush and opens up the outside rush by causing double teams in the middle.

Need offensive playmakers...........two words. Geno Smith.......as much as people want to hate on him, he was a gem for a second round pick that COULD be a franchise QB. His WORST game he put up 68% completion percentage & 2 TD's in the snow. People claim he can't play in the cold, but to me, his numbers look pretty damn good.

We're supposedly looking at not only bringing back Braylon Edwards but also a 6'7" Ramses Barden who is currently a free agent not drawing very much attention surprisingly. He's not the most sure handed but he's got over a 10 avg ypc.

Keller was likely a mistake letting go but hes had durability issues the past 2 years so that's why they let him go. We do need other playmakers though so I'll give you that one.

I say let's actually give the guy a chance and see what the season brings before saying the new GM is no good. There was a time when people here said Tanny was an absolute genius but this past season people couldn't wait to get rid of him.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#119 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 01 May 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

Moduratr
nyjetsfan.com
august 2005-now
-rite on peoples posts

-ban people

I wouldn't say you outsmarted Ron. It wasn't like he was the most focused website administrator to begin with.

I know one thing, I would much rather try to translate 115's many misspellings than read one of your posts where you're either shitting on the Jets, attacking a poster here, or posting some bigoted bullshit. Now go back to your life at BigBlackDicks.com and chill out with a jumbo jar of Vaseline.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#120 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

@AlbertBreer - Know they've taken a beating from a PR standpoint, but I've talked to a few rival evaluators who think the Jets did real well in the draft.

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users