NYJetsFan.com Forums: Idzik's First Draft Is Done. My Grade - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

New York Jets owner, Woody Johnson, named US ambassador to the UK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 03:39 PM) wooooo5-11
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 04:00 PM) J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 05:56 PM) OK so Bill O brien and Sean Payton might get fired according to Fox this morning
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 05:56 PM) I would do anything to get one of them as OC
santana Icon : (02 January 2017 - 02:19 PM) texans coach? i doubt he gets fired
santana Icon : (02 January 2017 - 02:19 PM) but he would be ideal if the jets were to flush bowles out
santana Icon : (02 January 2017 - 04:36 PM) http://www.nj.com/je...trol_of_je.html
azjetfan Icon : (05 January 2017 - 09:54 PM) Sean Payton will get another HC gig. Obrien would be good.
azjetfan Icon : (09 January 2017 - 11:18 PM) Howard from Alabama seems legit. #88 TE
azjetfan Icon : (09 January 2017 - 11:20 PM) Williams the WR from Clemson looks like they are out to get him. He has taken some huge hits
vjdbbq Icon : (10 January 2017 - 07:12 AM) We'll take Williams in the first round .
Chadforpresi... Icon : (10 January 2017 - 10:48 AM) I'd love Howard in the 2nd round if he's still there. I like Williams a lot as well, but I just don't see WR being big enough of a need, and there should be better talent on the board at 6
Jetsfan115 Icon : (10 January 2017 - 07:21 PM) Raiders OC Musgrave not expected to return to OAK. what do you think about getting him? he did wonders with the oakland offense this year
Chadforpresi... Icon : (10 January 2017 - 07:39 PM) Definitely an appealing choice given with his history of progressing Carr. We need someone with a track record of grooming young QBs
MikeGangGree... Icon : (12 January 2017 - 12:36 PM) I want Watson now! after what he did Monday night I'm sold on him at QB. He moved the ball all night on Alabama and after hurts scored that TD he just told his team "Lets end this"
Jetsfan115 Icon : (12 January 2017 - 06:31 PM) An Ohio prosecutor says he wants to know what punishment Cincinnati Bengals player Adam "Pacman" Jones faces from the NFL before deciding how to proceed over Jones' latest arrest, Dan Sewell of the Associated Press reports..

Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters tells WKRC-TV he's asking "what is the normal" for a player with multiple offenses and who's been suspended before.

An NFL spokesman said on Thursday that Jones' case is "under review" and declined to comment further.

Jones was jailed Jan. 3 on charges he head-butted police and spit on a nurse after his arrest for assault. Authorities say he was so combative he had to be placed in a restraint chair.

Jones says he anticipates the charges will be dismissed.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (12 January 2017 - 06:32 PM) we wont get watson. he's going 1st overall to the browns
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:06 PM) Is Watson a product of Clemson's staff and supporting cast? Taj Boyd also put up some decent numbers if I remember correctly but he couldn't even make a scout team in the NFL.
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:11 PM) From what I have read (although limited) he is not the highest ranked QB in the draft.
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:11 PM) "No quarterback in this draft -- not Mitch Trubisky, not Watson, not DeShone Kizer -- is considered a sure thing. The folks at Scouts Inc. rank Trubisky, Watson and Kizer as the 21st, 38th and 46th prospects on their big board, respectively." ESPN
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:12 PM) If we can get a decent return for Richardson we may be able to make a move into the mid teens to early 20s if the Brass really likes Watson.
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:13 PM) Personally I don't think the jets have a clue on who they will take. We still have to hit FA and manage our roster
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 11:46 PM) Jets to interview Broncos assistant Studesville for OC
Jetsfan115 Icon : (13 January 2017 - 01:28 PM) Why? seems like a weird choice
Jetsfan115 Icon : (13 January 2017 - 01:29 PM) Leonard Williams replacing Khalil Mack in Pro Bowl
Chadforpresi... Icon : (13 January 2017 - 09:49 PM) I'm not buying Watson, even after that championship game. Dude threw too many picks in his day
Chadforpresi... Icon : (13 January 2017 - 09:49 PM) I'm really curious to see what we get for Richardson, but I have a bad feeling his value is at an all time low between his crap season and bad attitude
azjetfan Icon : (14 January 2017 - 12:16 AM) I agree. He is a first round talent but a fourth round headache. We will be lucky to get a 2nd
Chadforpresi... Icon : (14 January 2017 - 08:41 AM) Yeah precisely. 2nd rounder would be a huge stretch. 3rd or 4th is more likely
vjdbbq Icon : (14 January 2017 - 02:18 PM) Send Sheldon someplace he will never see the playoffs ; like Jacksonville ; then he will have time to find da ho's .
azjetfan Icon : (14 January 2017 - 07:25 PM) R Sherman is getting torched by the Falcons.
vjdbbq Icon : (16 January 2017 - 09:37 AM) Pats vs Pitt - root for injuries
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 January 2017 - 12:36 PM) GB-ATL game is gonna be a hell of a shootout. that throw rodgers made on 3rd and 20 with 12 seconds left in a tied game was ridiculous. 35 yards rolling out to his left a perfect placed ball on the sideline.
azjetfan Icon : (16 January 2017 - 10:50 PM) Winters resigned to 4 year deal. $7 million per year
Chadforpresi... Icon : (16 January 2017 - 10:51 PM) Seems like a slightly steep price but overall cool with it, he's turned into a good player and is still young. Just needs to stay healthy.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (17 January 2017 - 04:12 PM) seems like a good deal. they were saying he could have earned over 8 million in the open market
vjdbbq Icon : (18 January 2017 - 08:12 AM) Where's Rob ?
vjdbbq Icon : (18 January 2017 - 08:12 AM) Is he looking for a new ass ?
vjdbbq Icon : (18 January 2017 - 08:12 AM) :saythat:
vjdbbq Icon : (18 January 2017 - 08:13 AM) :trink39:
Jetsfan115 Icon : (18 January 2017 - 01:32 PM) 4 years 29 mil 15 mil guarenteed. so 7.25mil a year for winters. a nice bargain. he took a hometown discount. seems like a good guy. well done winters and mac
Jetsfan115 Icon : (18 January 2017 - 04:33 PM) Jets hire Dennard Wilson as defensive backs coach
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 January 2017 - 04:01 PM) Trump to name Jets' owner Woody Johnson U.K. ambassador
vjdbbq Icon : (19 January 2017 - 06:04 PM) Maybe Woody will take the Jets with him to London . PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 January 2017 - 11:13 AM) Mark Gastineau says he has dementia, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease
Resize Shouts Area

  • (7 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »

Idzik's First Draft Is Done. My Grade

#41 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,203
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

why did we almost run out of time on both picks? cause we weren't prepared. if we really were doing BPA we would have made our picks right away/ a few teams traded up in the draft. there were partners out there. we were unprepared for the draft and reacted instead of being proactive

Geez. You make my head numb with your tunnel vision. You speak like you have all the facts. Like you were in the room watching them scramble. Maybe, Just maybe they were entertaining offers but felt they wanted the player more than the trade. Maybe they were waiting for offers but none came. Maybe the guy who walks the pick down was slow. Maybe ...... Get the point. You should think things through before you post that crap.
Posted Image
0

#42 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,703
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:54 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

bills traded down 1 pick before us and STL took one of the players we were targeting. also why did we almost run out of time on both picks? cause we weren't prepared. if we really were doing BPA we would have made our picks right away/ a few teams traded up in the draft. there were partners out there. we were unprepared for the draft and reacted instead of being proactive


Oh come on...teams take the full time every time no matter what. There is no advantage to not waiting the full amount of time.

You're grasping at straws here 115, it's cool if you don't like Idzik...but give the completely irrational thought process a rest.
Posted Image
0

#43 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,137
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

bills traded down 1 pick before us and STL took one of the players we were targeting. also why did we almost run out of time on both picks? cause we weren't prepared. if we really were doing BPA we would have made our picks right away/ a few teams traded up in the draft. there were partners out there. we were unprepared for the draft and reacted instead of being proactive

:sterb041: :rolleyes:
Posted Image
0

#44 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 172
  • Joined: 03-January 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toledo, OH

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

i never said either of those things. So why do you guys like putting words in my mouth. its like you just want to argue out of bordeom

The troll is strong with this one. This reminds me of Parks and Rec, when Clemens11 left, nature replaced him through natural selection. I give you....115!
"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

Quote from my wife when I told her I liked Tebow, but that he sucks as a QB
0

#45 User is offline   chocomag Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 195
  • Joined: 11-September 05

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 29 April 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

1st round
9th pick - Dee Millner - My grade C
The reason this is a C and not an F is because he was the BPA by far. The problem is the position. CB was not even close to a need compared to many other holes we have. plus we traded away revis to draft another CB anyway? one that has had 5 surgeries already? plus everytime he lets up a catch were gonna hear boos and how we traded revis for him. overall was bad. we could have just traded back for more picks at this point instead of millner. one thing MT did good was find who he wanted and to get his guys. It was announced that we wanted mingo and austin yet we let them both get picked before we picked. we also didn't address the fact we need some playmaker son offense and a pass rusher.


13th pick Sheldon Richardson - DT My Grade D
Not the BPA on most boards, could have been on the jets borad but we drafted d-line in the 1st 2 years in a row, plus ellis in the 3rd 2 years ago. there are bigger needs like OLB and offensive playmakers. Its nothing against richardson. all signs point to him being a solid player. but the pick in itself couldn't have been more use full

2nd round
Geno Smith - QB My Grade A
This gets an A. QB was a big need and he is widely regarded as the best one in the draft. to get him with a 2nd round pick is a lot less crippling then a top 10 pick if he doesn't pan out. Sanchez will be gone after this year, mcelroy is a career back-up and gerrard im not sure why he is even here. also a mobile QB can be good for a team that lacks big plays and has a shaky o-line. I hope he sits a year to learn instead of being thrown into the fire. With alot of teams not in need of a QB he feel nicely to us.

3rd rounder Brina Winters - OG My Grade B
we need o-line help. he can play either guard position and can learn to play tackle. solid pick.

Rest of draft - My grade D
It gets a D cause we did at least address the line but taking o-line 3 picks in a row, still ignoring the fact we needed a pass rusher (OLB) and safety help, and WR help is sad. out 3 biggest needs got ignored.

Overall C
It would be a D but the geno pick is huge value. and we got some lineman which we needed. we still don't have any OLBs, pass rush, or Offensive playmakers. also trading a 4th for ivory wasn't the bets of ideas. we still had goodson, powell, and mcnkight at RB and ivory is just another avergae guy. we could have drafted an OLB instead there

It seems you are valuing the picks based on need and not based on best player available. Those two schools of thought have been discussed and debated forever. Sure, it's easy to say we traded our best player for an unproven same position player and there is truth to it. But, we couldn't keep him based on Johnsons mouth. The only thing that bugs me about the whole thing is that Tampa signed him for not one penny of guaranteed money. But back to your assessment.

By the time we drafted, there was only one OLB available and that was Jones who had too many issues to be considered that high. As for trading down, everyone was trying to trade down. Not sure we could have. So we took a DL who is scary good and scary athletic and along with Coples and Wilk may form a 4-3 (with Ellis or Garay) and minimize our OLB situation with Harris, Davis, Pace and whatever the new guy we got (Barnes or something).

Gino Smith is an A even if he sucks just because his presence will allow us to get rid of Sanchez. I have no idea if he will be good. I personally liked Manuel but QB is a crapshoot and taking him with #39 was a no brainer.

Winters is a good choice as we need a G and he is a good one.

Also, you didn't include in your draft assessment Ivory. He is technically our 4th round pick and I love this guy.

In fact, it is very possible we drafted 5 starters and if so, this draft should rate much higher than you are giving it credit for. Even the FB may work out for us (Bohannon) as our current FB is nothing - especially as an H back in a West Coast. This kid can catch the ball.

I can't say much for the two other OL we drafted. I will admit a safety and a TE would have been nice. But I'm nowhere near as pessimistic about it as you are. I'd say have faith but being a Jet fan we all know that is foolish. Let's just say "time will tell."
0

#46 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,297
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 29 April 2013 - 11:04 PM, said:

Idzik went best available, got some good players at good value. I think that he got 5 starters in this draft, including Chris Ivory.

And people really need to stop getting to caught up in 3-4, 4-3. The Jets run a multiple set defense, they rarely are in a 3-4. Rex will be able to get Richardson, Wilkerson, and Coples onto the field.


Agreed. Even though the Revis trade will always hang over this draft class, I like what Idzik did with the picks. We've got better along both lines, which is where you need to start building a team from, picked the players who were considered the best at CB and QB going into the draft and came away with a quality RB in Ivory. While Richardson was the BPA at the time selected, the pick arguably fills a need too as we've lost DeVito and Pouha along the defensive line so far this offseason. Plus a player with his pass rushing ability on the inside is going to open things up for MoWilk, Coples and, hopefully, our rather pedestrian OLBs.
When you take three first round graded players, you can't really complain. (Compare that to Buffalo - who, admittedly, look to have gotten good value from their second round picks - reaching heavily for EJ Manuel.)

It would certainly have been nice to also obtain a safety, TE, OLB and WR. But with the number of holes on the team, it was always going to take more than one draft for Idzik to pad out the roster and fill all needs with value selections.
0

#47 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,913
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 30 April 2013 - 08:46 AM, said:

Geez. You make my head numb with your tunnel vision. You speak like you have all the facts. Like you were in the room watching them scramble. Maybe, Just maybe they were entertaining offers but felt they wanted the player more than the trade. Maybe they were waiting for offers but none came. Maybe the guy who walks the pick down was slow. Maybe ...... Get the point. You should think things through before you post that crap.


and you act like you know. for all you know they could have been jacking each other of while throwing darts at the draft board to draft whoever they hit with the dart.

Its clear the jets were not prepared to anyone with eyes. We were targeting offensive playmakers (austin) and pass rushers (mingo) with those 2 being what people thought. all the good ones were gone and we drafted what we got stuck with. maybe they panicked and tried to field a deal with another team and couldn't but all that means is they really didn't want milner
0

#48 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,137
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:50 PM

They were never targeting Mingo. That was a smokescreen. Tavon Austin was their guy, but he didn't fall. The Jets didn't have the resources to trade up, we needed our picks to get starters for this football team.


The Jets 4 highest rated players were Tavon Austin, Chance Warmack, Dee Milliner, and Sheldon Richardson.
Posted Image
0

#49 User is offline   santana Icon

  • I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 8,004
  • Joined: 03-June 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

View PostMlorinczJ, on 30 April 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

The troll is strong with this one. This reminds me of Parks and Rec, when Clemens11 left, nature replaced him through natural selection. I give you....115!


He left?
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat
0

#50 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,913
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 30 April 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

They were never targeting Mingo. That was a smokescreen. Tavon Austin was their guy, but he didn't fall. The Jets didn't have the resources to trade up, we needed our picks to get starters for this football team.


The Jets 4 highest rated players were Tavon Austin, Chance Warmack, Dee Milliner, and Sheldon Richardson.


and you know this how?
0

#51 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,137
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

and you know this how?


it was reported that the Jets didn't like Mingo as much as was out there. Classic smokescreen.
Posted Image
0

#52 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,913
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 30 April 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

it was reported that the Jets didn't like Mingo as much as was out there. Classic smokescreen.


how do you know that report wasn't a smokescreen so we don't get jumped.

reminds me of what happened with the giants. they wanted spiller or mclain and lost both by getting jumped, they took JPP and it worked out dam well for them. at the time though it was a bad pick. but then again they wanted revis and we jumped them and took revis and that didn't work out well for them at all

what i'm saying isn't that it won't work out, just that i don't like it and don't think he did a good job. by the time we can accurately judge (3 years) idzik will have already ruined the franhcise
0

#53 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,703
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

and you act like you know. for all you know they could have been jacking each other of while throwing darts at the draft board to draft whoever they hit with the dart.

Its clear the jets were not prepared to anyone with eyes. We were targeting offensive playmakers (austin) and pass rushers (mingo) with those 2 being what people thought. all the good ones were gone and we drafted what we got stuck with. maybe they panicked and tried to field a deal with another team and couldn't but all that means is they really didn't want milner


Right...because having Milliner 3rd on their board means they definitely didn't want him.

The Jets let the draft come to them, it's what Ozzie Newsome has been doing for years...and looky look they just won a Superbowl.
Posted Image
0

#54 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,703
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

how do you know that report wasn't a smokescreen so we don't get jumped.

reminds me of what happened with the giants. they wanted spiller or mclain and lost both by getting jumped, they took JPP and it worked out dam well for them. at the time though it was a bad pick. but then again they wanted revis and we jumped them and took revis and that didn't work out well for them at all

what i'm saying isn't that it won't work out, just that i don't like it and don't think he did a good job. by the time we can accurately judge (3 years) idzik will have already ruined the franhcise


FACT!

:banghead:
Posted Image
0

#55 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,203
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

and you act like you know. for all you know they could have been jacking each other of while throwing darts at the draft board to draft whoever they hit with the dart.

Its clear the jets were not prepared to anyone with eyes. We were targeting offensive playmakers (austin) and pass rushers (mingo) with those 2 being what people thought. all the good ones were gone and we drafted what we got stuck with. maybe they panicked and tried to field a deal with another team and couldn't but all that means is they really didn't want milner

Actually I act like I don't know everything, that's why I put all the maybe comments. The only thing I do know is your way off base. I have eyes and so do all the other people on here saying your wrong. Maybe you need to get your eyes checked. Did you expect us to trade up to get those guys? I know you are loving all this attention you are receiving with this tactic you have going and that's fine but at this point you look foolish.
Posted Image
0

#56 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

  • LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,543
  • Joined: 29-September 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 29 April 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

or you could be constructive and give your grade and reasons behind them.

also FWIW most people graded the jets draft a C

Yeah but that doesn't make you or them right either. I'm sure Russell and Young(both qbs) were given great grades when they were picked in the draft.


Personally I disagree with all your grades but in the end we will see how they work out eventually.

I hope Geno Smith works out for us and isn't just another Brad Smith. Geno Smith isn't known for his accuracy.Also I don't like the fact that ESPN says he has trouble reading defenses and shaky pocket presence. That kinds of sounds to me like a Vince Young type of qb or a Mark Sanchez clone that can run.I definitely wouldn't grade him an A with those weaknesses. More like a C or D.If he was that great he would have went in the first.

I would have preferred the Jets wait for a qb next year but if Geno Smith pans out great.If he doesn't then hopefully the Jets can get a good first round pick next year. He cant be any worse than Sanchez so even if Smith doesn't pan out I definitely wouldn't call him a bust and at worst he could be used in a Brad Smith type of roll (player who does a little bit of everything).
0

#57 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,913
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 30 April 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

Right...because having Milliner 3rd on their board means they definitely didn't want him.

The Jets let the draft come to them, it's what Ozzie Newsome has been doing for years...and looky look they just won a Superbowl.


its not what the pats do they won 3.
0

#58 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,913
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 30 April 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

Actually I act like I don't know everything, that's why I put all the maybe comments. The only thing I do know is your way off base. I have eyes and so do all the other people on here saying your wrong. Maybe you need to get your eyes checked. Did you expect us to trade up to get those guys? I know you are loving all this attention you are receiving with this tactic you have going and that's fine but at this point you look foolish.


I see a bunch of people with their green colored glasses on. i was one of them too. thinking sparano could help and that tebow would replace rbad smith and that we just a player or 2 away from returning to the AFC champ game last year, etc etc. That sanchez will grow to be the franchise QB. But i'm done being positive, i'm gonna be realistic with the crap team that i love so much. I don't like the idzik hire, i don't like what we did in the offseason, i don't like the crap team we fielded last year, and i don't like the direction the franchise is going. and this is a public forum that i've been a part of for a long time and i have the right to express by opinion on what the team is doing. If you want to disagree that fine, try to do it w/o coming off as an ass though.
0

#59 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,913
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 30 April 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

Yeah but that doesn't make you or them right either. I'm sure Russell and Young(both qbs) were given great grades when they were picked in the draft.


Personally I disagree with all your grades but in the end we will see how they work out eventually.

I hope Geno Smith works out for us and isn't just another Brad Smith. Geno Smith isn't known for his accuracy.Also I don't like the fact that ESPN says he has trouble reading defenses and shaky pocket presence. That kinds of sounds to me like a Vince Young type of qb or a Mark Sanchez clone that can run.I definitely wouldn't grade him an A with those weaknesses. More like a C or D.If he was that great he would have went in the first.

I would have preferred the Jets wait for a qb next year but if Geno Smith pans out great.If he doesn't then hopefully the Jets can get a good first round pick next year. He cant be any worse than Sanchez so even if Smith doesn't pan out I definitely wouldn't call him a bust and at worst he could be used in a Brad Smith type of roll (player who does a little bit of everything).


geno might not be the answer but taking a chance on a QB especially the top rated one (even in a weak draft) is never a bad idea. one GM said you shold draft a QB eevry year. i mean the falcons drafted schaub in the 3rd and traded him for a 1st and 3rd, the pats took cassell in the 6th and traded him for a 2nd rounder. QBs are always good investments to take chances on IMO. and if he doens't pan out losing a 2nd isn't as bad as losing a top 5 pick (sanchez)
0

#60 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,703
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

I see a bunch of people with their green colored glasses on. i was one of them too. thinking sparano could help and that tebow would replace rbad smith and that we just a player or 2 away from returning to the AFC champ game last year, etc etc. That sanchez will grow to be the franchise QB. But i'm done being positive, i'm gonna be realistic with the crap team that i love so much. I don't like the idzik hire, i don't like what we did in the offseason, i don't like the crap team we fielded last year, and i don't like the direction the franchise is going. and this is a public forum that i've been a part of for a long time and i have the right to express by opinion on what the team is doing. If you want to disagree that fine, try to do it w/o coming off as an ass though.


For the record...

- I was not a fan of Sparano.

- I HATED the Tebow move, and it turned out worse then I ever even thought.

- I didn't think anyone thought the Jets were going to the AFC Champ game last year.

- I did however really like Sanchez coming out of college. He obviously isn't what we thought, but I still hold if he had better OC's and Receivers he could have been a good, quality QB. He's ruined now, so whatev's.

I really don't understand what's not to like that Idzik has done this offseason outside of the Revis deal. Which is so complicated; between his injury, Woody's premature involvement, his contract demands, CB market, etc. that it is simply way to black and white to try and judge right now or probably ever.

I personally agreed with trading Revis. It sucks they couldn't get more picks for him, but it just goes to show you how little teams thought of paying a CB $16 million that NO OTHER TEAM WAS INTERESTED.
Posted Image
0

  • (7 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users