NYJetsFan.com Forums: Idzik's First Draft Is Done. My Grade - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:39 AM) Meh...you're reading too much into it
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:40 AM) Even in seasons where the Jets blew, I haven't seen anyone refer to the preseason to complain. Ever.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:15 AM) fire izdik http://theredzone.or...rs/Default.aspx
Jetsman05 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 11:17 AM) I picture Rob and 115 as real life friends
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 04:01 PM) Holmes can still play, problem is that hes also a cancer. He wore out his welcome with the Jets
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 08:23 PM) did Hill get cut?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:00 PM) Haven't seen anything yet
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:06 PM) Whos ready for the season!!? WOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (30 August 2014 - 11:54 AM) Hill has been cut
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 August 2014 - 01:24 PM) Who wants to take bets he ends up in NE
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:18 PM) We'll I guess you guys are fools then in thinking im a fool for being concerned. Do any of you even know that in 2013 the Jets gave up the most passing yards in the franchise since 1986? And our secondary right now is worse than last year right now. To not be concerned is utterly foolish.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:19 PM) Unless our d-line has a monstrous year odds are the team will be eaten up in the pass. Every team will game plan to exploit the pass this year.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:56 PM) Patterson got cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:24 PM) Patterson must have been a huge cancer to get cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:26 PM) is there a midseason draft? we need a DB!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) Our week 1 starting CBs will be Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls... wow
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) interesting that Simms and Boyd were released
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 04:00 PM) No more McIntyre
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:20 PM) Pretty sure some of these cuts like Simms and McIntyre were made for removing some more cap space to try to find some decent corners and maybe another reliable wr. Possibly get some players cheap. I'd say the current 53 roster will change a good bit in the next week.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:23 PM) I just hope Geno doesn't get hurt or we are horse f*cked. Vick sure as hell can't stay healthy for a full season. I guess the FO could also be think of picking up an old vet cut as 3rd qb. Simms is ok but I'd never trust him to win a regular season game if he was put in.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:25 PM) Anyway it's going yo be an interesting week.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) I doubt it was about freeing up money, considering we are way under. Like more than $20 mil, way more than enough to find some vet minimum CB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:19 PM) it's more about the roster numbers. McIntyre was replaced by rookies. IK showed flashes when he played
bleedsgreen Icon : (31 August 2014 - 08:34 AM) McIntyre is a shock to me he was a solid backup and made some big plays
ganggreen2003 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 04:44 PM) 1 week till we are 1-0
ganggreen2003 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 04:44 PM) we need to annihilate the GAYders
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:28 PM) We claimed McFadden from the Browns. Knows the system should be able to contribute right away
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:29 PM) Watching the Browns game now. Playing all three CB spots. Looks OK. A little grabby although he has not been called for it
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:30 PM) Might be a little aggressive and get burnt over top
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 10:26 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:58 AM) ^^^ agreed
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:25 PM) all the admins on this page should be fired
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:25 PM) for being assclowns
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:17 PM) The Jets are fucked at CB, signing some bums now. We need Milliner to get healthy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 04:20 PM) We have signed CB Phillip Adams
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:55 PM) The Gayders are playing Derek Carr against the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:55 PM) our D Line better put him in a WORLD OF PAIN
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:11 PM) Rookie QB in our house...Rex do your thing!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:56 PM) with Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls as our starting CBs
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:00 PM) our offense should be better than last year, Geno looks more comfortable
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) The Jets released Jeremiah George and Ellis Lankster, hopefully George finds his way to the PS. AJ Edds was re-signed
santana Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) Fire the admins!
santana Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) Over paid talents
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:55 PM) i get paid too much yo
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 07:52 PM) Hill was signed to the Panthers practice squad, lol @ 115
Resize Shouts Area

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Idzik's First Draft Is Done. My Grade

#61 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

how do you know that report wasn't a smokescreen so we don't get jumped.

reminds me of what happened with the giants. they wanted spiller or mclain and lost both by getting jumped, they took JPP and it worked out dam well for them. at the time though it was a bad pick. but then again they wanted revis and we jumped them and took revis and that didn't work out well for them at all

what i'm saying isn't that it won't work out, just that i don't like it and don't think he did a good job. by the time we can accurately judge (3 years) idzik will have already ruined the franhcise

How do you know they wanted Spiller or Mcclain? Were you in their war room? The Jets top 4 ranked players were Tavon Austin, Chance Warmack, Dee Milliner, and Sheldon Richardson. So why would they want Barkevious Mingo? Mingo was never their guy. Tavon Austin was if he fell.
Posted Image

#62 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

I see a bunch of people with their green colored glasses on. i was one of them too. thinking sparano could help and that tebow would replace rbad smith and that we just a player or 2 away from returning to the AFC champ game last year, etc etc. That sanchez will grow to be the franchise QB. But i'm done being positive, i'm gonna be realistic with the crap team that i love so much. I don't like the idzik hire, i don't like what we did in the offseason, i don't like the crap team we fielded last year, and i don't like the direction the franchise is going. and this is a public forum that i've been a part of for a long time and i have the right to express by opinion on what the team is doing. If you want to disagree that fine, try to do it w/o coming off as an ass though.

How did you think TS would help? The Miami O was so effective. And you are not being realistic. If you were you would be saying something more like.... I wish we would have resigned Revis and drafted XXXXX players but Idzik took what the Jets thought were the best players on the board or something to that effect but instead you go on and on about how he is the devil and we are doomed like a little 5 year old having a moment in the toy section. If you honestly think he was unprepared your a fool. He has been though of as one of the most logical people in the NFL. I would rather come off like an ass and be right than spew a bunch of short sighted, butt hurt crap like you have. The difference between your opinion and others is yours is targeted for this year only and no regard for the big picture.
Posted Image

#63 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

geno might not be the answer but taking a chance on a QB especially the top rated one (even in a weak draft) is never a bad idea. one GM said you shold draft a QB eevry year. i mean the falcons drafted schaub in the 3rd and traded him for a 1st and 3rd, the pats took cassell in the 6th and traded him for a 2nd rounder. QBs are always good investments to take chances on IMO. and if he doens't pan out losing a 2nd isn't as bad as losing a top 5 pick (sanchez)

Schaub trade

Schaub was actually traded for 2 second round picks and they swapped firsts (8th and 10th overall). And Vrabel was part of the Cassel trade, the Chiefs got 2 seasons from him. Your seriously so wrong ALL the time, it's actually quite remarkable...
"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

Quote from my wife when I told her I liked Tebow, but that he sucks as a QB

#64 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 30 April 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

How do you know they wanted Spiller or Mcclain? Were you in their war room? The Jets top 4 ranked players were Tavon Austin, Chance Warmack, Dee Milliner, and Sheldon Richardson. So why would they want Barkevious Mingo? Mingo was never their guy. Tavon Austin was if he fell.

you claim i don't know what was in their war room, then state what was in the jets war room. how do you know?
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#65 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 30 April 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

How did you think TS would help? The Miami O was so effective. And you are not being realistic. If you were you would be saying something more like.... I wish we would have resigned Revis and drafted XXXXX players but Idzik took what the Jets thought were the best players on the board or something to that effect but instead you go on and on about how he is the devil and we are doomed like a little 5 year old having a moment in the toy section. If you honestly think he was unprepared your a fool. He has been though of as one of the most logical people in the NFL. I would rather come off like an ass and be right than spew a bunch of short sighted, butt hurt crap like you have. The difference between your opinion and others is yours is targeted for this year only and no regard for the big picture.

you know idzik is a numbers guy like MT was right? not a scouting guy.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#66 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

View PostMlorinczJ, on 30 April 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

The troll is strong with this one. This reminds me of Parks and Rec, when Clemens11 left, nature replaced him through natural selection. I give you....115!

This thread is stupid conjecture, but you've now given me an excuse to post this video clip.

New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#67 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

View PostMlorinczJ, on 30 April 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

Schaub trade

Schaub was actually traded for 2 second round picks and they swapped firsts (8th and 10th overall). And Vrabel was part of the Cassel trade, the Chiefs got 2 seasons from him. Your seriously so wrong ALL the time, it's actually quite remarkable...

:hysterical:
Posted Image

#68 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

View PostMlorinczJ, on 30 April 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

Schaub trade

either way getting 2 2nd rounders and moving up 2 spots in the 1st is a lot to get from a 3rd round pick. its more then we got for revis who is a future HOFer

and vrabel was old and long in the tooth at the time of the trade. probably would have been released and dind't last long in KC. and still they turned a 6th round drafted QB into a 2nd round pick which is exactly my point. doesn't matter if it worked out for KC or not.

and the eagles did it for kolb as well. drafted him, he had a few good games, and traded him for a profit.

you make the worst arguments ever man. and your going to law school. dam your gonna lose alot of cases
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#69 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

So that makes him unprepared? You also realize people can do more than one thing. Its not like he is a unitasker.
Posted Image

#70 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

you claim i don't know what was in their war room, then state what was in the jets war room. how do you know?

Holy Shizzle, I almost pissed my pants laughing this is such a stupid statement.
Posted Image

#71 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 30 April 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

So that makes him unprepared? You also realize people can do more than one thing. Its not like he is a unitasker.

not all people. I doubt idzik can walk and chew gum at the same time.

and he was unprepared. when autin was gone at 8 he panicked and didn't know what to do. the rams were prepared they had a trade lined up for austin and the bills and puled the trigger as soon as he was there. The rams came prepared. idzik just sat back and hoped for things to work out and settled for consolation prizes
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#72 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

and he was unprepared. when autin was gone at 8 he panicked and didn't know what to do. the rams were prepared they had a trade lined up for austin and the bills and puled the trigger as soon as he was there. The rams came prepared. idzik just sat back and hoped for things to work out and settled for consolation prizes

You are speculating at best. Just making shit up so you can sleep tonight I guess.
Posted Image

#73 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

Actually, hes both. Keep hating.
Posted Image

#74 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

YOU DON'T KNOW THAT!!! YOU CAN'T PRESENT YOUR GUESSES (READ: WISHES) AS FACT!!!

Come on 115, you're better than this...you've always been rational (except when it comes to the Giants and Stephen Hill), but this is just getting ridiculous. It's fair to say you're not pleased or impressed with Idzik's free agent acquisitions and drafting...but you're just making shit up right now.
Posted Image

#75 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

either way getting 2 2nd rounders and moving up 2 spots in the 1st is a lot to get from a 3rd round pick. its more then we got for revis who is a future HOFer

Actually...no it's not.

According to the draft trade value chart(the usefulness of which can be debated, but for now it's all we've got), the Jets got more for Revis:

Revis Trade:
- 13th pick: 1,150 points
- 3rd Round: 190 points (Since we don't know which pick it will be I used the 16th pick in the 3rd round, halfsies)

Schaub Trade:
- 8th for 10th: 100 points (Differential between the two picks)
- 2nd Round 2007: 510 points
- 2nd Round 2008: 420 points (Since this was a future pick we'll use the halfsies rule again)

Grand Total

Jets: 1,340 points

Falcons: 1,030 points

Jets win!
Posted Image

#76 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 30 April 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

YOU DON'T KNOW THAT!!! YOU CAN'T PRESENT YOUR GUESSES (READ: WISHES) AS FACT!!!

Come on 115, you're better than this...you've always been rational (except when it comes to the Giants and Stephen Hill), but this is just getting ridiculous. It's fair to say you're not pleased or impressed with Idzik's free agent acquisitions and drafting...but you're just making shit up right now.

nothing that happened that draft looked to be planned. idzik was confident that mingo or autin would be there at 9 and shit the bed and just took BPA. it happens. how many times do we play fantasy fotball and we think i can wait it out and this guy will fall to me, then someone takes him and you take the BPA instead. idzik didn't look prepared to lose austin and mingo, he lost them and settled on his BPA which is Millner. What if the BPA was a LT and we took him? would you be pleased with that BPA? What if it was a center?

The last 5-6 drafts look like we had plans. we drafted needs, filled holes, had some hits and yeah some misses but who doens't. we had a plan for a QB and made the move for sanchez. it sucked that he failed but at the time it was a good move. They could turn out to be good moves, but at this time it just doesn't feel like a good draft to me. Idzik doens't seem like the right guy to me either. even our GM search was a spectacle, we hired an outside agency to find a GM that was a nobody on the seahawks staff (what have they won in the last 20 years?) so excuse me if i'm not happy we hired a lackey from a crap franchise to run our franchise and he trads our best player and drafts one of the same position and nother d-lineman when he still haven't address pass rusher. we've neded OLBs for the past 4-5 drafts. MT ignored it and i would have liked to see idzik address it. he said that OLB was a priority before the draft even started and then he ignored it still. and not only with the 1st round but teh entire draft we didn't get 1 OLB. thats sad. yet we have 3 HBs and a FB on the roster and he trades a pick for another average HB and uses a draft pick on a FB. we could have used those 4 picks on OLBs the only picks i liked were the 2nd and 3rd rounders. good value and fills a need. draft picks should be BOTH GOOD AND FILL A NEED. not just one of those.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#77 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 30 April 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

Actually...no it's not.

According to the draft trade value chart(the usefulness of which can be debated, but for now it's all we've got), the Jets got more for Revis:

Revis Trade:
- 13th pick: 1,150 points
- 3rd Round: 190 points (Since we don't know which pick it will be I used the 16th pick in the 3rd round, halfsies)

Schaub Trade:
- 8th for 10th: 100 points (Differential between the two picks)
- 2nd Round 2007: 510 points
- 2nd Round 2008: 420 points (Since this was a future pick we'll use the halfsies rule again)

Grand Total

Jets: 1,340 points

Falcons: 1,030 points

Jets win!

except the fact taht we gave up a 4 time probowler, 2 time all pro, future hOF, and best defensive player in the NFL

the falcons gave up their back-up QB who played 3 games due to their starter being injured. We got 2 1st rounders for keyshawn johnson as well. doens't mean it was a good trade for TB. they even won a SB with him but it was still a bad trade on their part.

and my point was drafting a QB late could lead to good future returns cause if they play a few games good you can trade them to a team in need of a QB for much more then it cost you. its happened with shcaub, cassell, and kolb. its a fact all 3 teams got more for the trade then what they invested
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#78 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

...this is unreal.

#79 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach