NYJetsFan.com Forums: Idzik's First Draft Is Done. My Grade - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
V DidDy 210 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (19 October 2014 - 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Jetsman05 Icon : (20 October 2014 - 05:16 AM) is that a suggestion that Favre was a better QB than Peyton?
santana Icon : (20 October 2014 - 08:05 AM) No it's a suggestion that passing records today are a bit skewed by the modern rules
santana Icon : (20 October 2014 - 08:05 AM) everyone knows Favre is the bestest ever that's not even an argument duhhhhh
santana Icon : (20 October 2014 - 01:18 PM) Cool jets throw blanket - http://www.woot.com/...ref=cnt_wp_2_22
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 October 2014 - 01:21 PM) jets slippers yo
santana Icon : (20 October 2014 - 01:37 PM) jets slippers the OG of cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (20 October 2014 - 07:10 PM) so Harvin will be wearing #16
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 October 2014 - 07:22 PM) 10 and 6
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 October 2014 - 07:22 PM) WOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (20 October 2014 - 07:22 PM) 9 wins a row for the Jets!!
santana Icon : (20 October 2014 - 10:28 PM) streets is real
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:36 PM) hey 05.. yo 05... 05!!!!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:36 PM) UEFA TIME
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:35 PM) Jets to sign Kerley to a 4 year extension
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) he's a good slot WR, i'm assuming we got him cheap, can't complain
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) we need to lock up wilk. but if harvin pans out, were set at WR for the next 4 years as decker, kerly, and harvin are all under contract.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:44 PM) Ivory is good too, we need a speed back (CJ sin't cuting it) and some o-line and mainly a QB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:46 PM) Our offensive weapons aren't bad, need a qb and ol
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:09 PM) they were bad when decker was hurt and it was nelson and kerly starting and salas in the slot
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:40 PM) That damn street thug Kerley
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:18 PM) Yeah because Nelson is terrible, Salas is no more than a #4 kind of wr
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:55 PM) Can we focus more on this street thug who is stealing $16 million from the team!?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:05 PM) salas shouldn't be on an NFL roster. #4 WR is a bit generous
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:00 PM) extending kerley is a great move. i could see another team poaching him off the roster real fast.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:17 PM) Salas isn't that bad, hes made some plays for us this season.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:17 PM) You know who shouldn't be on a NFL roster, Salim Hakim. IDK why hes still on the Jets, he was TERRIBLE at KR and has no value as a WR. Waste of a roster spot IMO
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:18 PM) Percy Harvin will be our KR now, I would imagine. Hes electric at it
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:48 PM) yeah hakim is another one i don't understand. he is even attempting to play WR and got benched at KR
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 07:27 AM) FIRE IDZIK
Resize Shouts Area

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Idzik's First Draft Is Done. My Grade

#81 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

except the fact taht we gave up a 4 time probowler, 2 time all pro, future hOF, and best defensive player in the NFL

the falcons gave up their back-up QB who played 3 games due to their starter being injured. We got 2 1st rounders for keyshawn johnson as well. doens't mean it was a good trade for TB. they even won a SB with him but it was still a bad trade on their part.

and my point was drafting a QB late could lead to good future returns cause if they play a few games good you can trade them to a team in need of a QB for much more then it cost you. its happened with shcaub, cassell, and kolb. its a fact all 3 teams got more for the trade then what they invested

Should I go back and name you the HUNDREDS of QB's that have been drafted and never amounted to trade bait? You've got 3 fuckin examples and your running around acting like investing in QB's is the equivalent to betting on the Heat to win the NBA championship. Get a damn grip.
"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

Quote from my wife when I told her I liked Tebow, but that he sucks as a QB

#82 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

View PostMlorinczJ, on 30 April 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

Schaub trade

Schaub was actually traded for 2 second round picks and they swapped firsts (8th and 10th overall). And Vrabel was part of the Cassel trade, the Chiefs got 2 seasons from him. Your seriously so wrong ALL the time, it's actually quite remarkable...

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

either way getting 2 2nd rounders and moving up 2 spots in the 1st is a lot to get from a 3rd round pick. its more then we got for revis who is a future HOFer

and vrabel was old and long in the tooth at the time of the trade. probably would have been released and dind't last long in KC. and still they turned a 6th round drafted QB into a 2nd round pick which is exactly my point. doesn't matter if it worked out for KC or not.

and the eagles did it for kolb as well. drafted him, he had a few good games, and traded him for a profit.

you make the worst arguments ever man. and your going to law school. dam your gonna lose alot of cases

You do realize that my post didn't even contain an argument right? Those are facts buddy, look them up. Your streak of "wrong" continues in uninterupted fashion.
"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

#83 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

View PostMlorinczJ, on 30 April 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

Should I go back and name you the HUNDREDS of QB's that have been drafted and never amounted to trade bait? You've got 3 fuckin examples and your running around acting like investing in QB's is the equivalent to betting on the Heat to win the NBA championship. Get a damn grip.

its a gamble. but taking a flyer on a QB is never a bad ides. if they don't pan out, cut them. if they are decent you get a back-up, if they have a few good games trade them for profit. shit we even traded brooks bollinger a 6th round pick for a decent DT.
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#84 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

its a gamble. but taking a flyer on a QB is never a bad ides. if they don't pan out, cut them. if they are decent you get a back-up, if they have a few good games trade them for profit. shit we even traded brooks bollinger a 6th round pick for a decent DT.

Thanks for describing EVERY DRAFT PICK EVER. On behalf of the board, I commend you for your invaluable insight.

And its never a bad "ides" to take a flier on a QB? Cause burning a second rounder on Clemens worked out so well for us right? Gee golly wilikers, your proclomations are the best!

#85 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

View PostMlorinczJ, on 30 April 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

Thanks for describing EVERY DRAFT PICK EVER. On behalf of the board, I commend you for your invaluable insight.

And its never a bad "ides" to take a flier on a QB? Cause burning a second rounder on Clemens worked out so well for us right? Gee golly wilikers, your proclomations are the best!

better the ducasse or gholston so whats your point. any decent QB can be traded for somehting. decent other position players get released
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#86 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

better the ducasse or gholston so whats your point. any decent QB can be traded for somehting. decent other position players get released

lololololololololol

#87 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

Sorry you have trouble with reading comprehension

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Posted Image

#88 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

Few people have the ability to go full retard the way 115 does.
Posted Image

#89 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

wow sh!ts gettin crazy on here LOL

#90 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

Posted Image

#91 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

you know idzik is a numbers guy like MT was right? not a scouting guy.

Damn Everyone is on you big time.

I just wanted to mention even if you are right and he is good with money and not the best at scouting like Tanny that means nothing at all. He could be the worst scouting gm ever and it wouldn't matter one bit as long as the team scouts he hired under him really know what they are doing and are great at scouting. The gm doesn't do most of the scouting anyway. Its his underlings that usually go to the games and make the reports.

I think people are reading to much into what Idzik is or isn't at this point. Everyone should just let the man be and let him do his job. We will see in 2 to 5 years how is he doing as the Jets gm. Speculating now is a waste of time. None of us know anything about how he will do at this point. Its no different than looking at Bill Belichick as head coach of the Browns and stating he would automatically suck as the Patriots coach. None of us knows how the new gm will do and comparing him to Tanny is nothing more than a bad guess at this point. The man was smart enough to gut the team instead and basically start over instead of sticking with has-beens and players that weren't cutting it. It needed to be done like it or not otherwise this teams would just continue to regress. We will see in a few years if the new gm is good or not.

#92 User is online   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:00 PM

I find it rather entertaining to be honest. Dude is crazy pissed at Idzik. Like crazy chick stalking pissed.
Posted Image

#93 User is online   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

View PostJetsOhFive, on 30 April 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

Few people have the ability to go full retard the way 115 does.

On the floor laughing. Holy shit that's funny.
Posted Image

#94 User is online   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

You mean the two players that were drafted by need not BPA?
Posted Image

#95 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:04 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

I see a bunch of people with their green colored glasses on. i was one of them too. thinking sparano could help and that tebow would replace rbad smith and that we just a player or 2 away from returning to the AFC champ game last year, etc etc. That sanchez will grow to be the franchise QB. But i'm done being positive, i'm gonna be realistic with the crap team that i love so much. I don't like the idzik hire, i don't like what we did in the offseason, i don't like the crap team we fielded last year, and i don't like the direction the franchise is going. and this is a public forum that i've been a part of for a long time and i have the right to express by opinion on what the team is doing. If you want to disagree that fine, try to do it w/o coming off as an ass though.

That is the best thing you have said in all of this craziness with trying to predict good choices or bad choices. I dont live in Seattle but I'm sure there were writers who graded Wilson a C after the draft. What do you think they would grade him today?

But you have been a long standing member of this board and part of being a Jet fan is to be pissed off all the time at the insane things we do as a team. But for sure you have every right to express your opinion. And if everyone thought the same way this board would be boring.

Idzik wasn't the sexy choice and neither was Milliner and Richardson. But that doesn't mean they aren't good choices. But you could be right and our picks may suck.

My personal disappointment was in not picking Jones over Richardson even though I think Richardson is a beast. I'm not a combine type of person when you have years of game film to look at. JOnes filled a need but was slightly risky. The definition of slightly risky is if we took him the spinal stenosis would be a major problem and if the Steelers took him he would play 10 years.

Other than that a TE would have been nice as well as a safety. BUt who says the ones we would have taken would have worked out? In the absence of information, I prefer to give Idzik the benefit of the doubt.

#96 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:04 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 30 April 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

I see a bunch of people with their green colored glasses on. i was one of them too. thinking sparano could help and that tebow would replace rbad smith and that we just a player or 2 away from returning to the AFC champ game last year, etc etc. That sanchez will grow to be the franchise QB. But i'm done being positive, i'm gonna be realistic with the crap team that i love so much. I don't like the idzik hire, i don't like what we did in the offseason, i don't like the crap team we fielded last year, and i don't like the direction the franchise is going. and this is a public forum that i've been a part of for a long time and i have the right to express by opinion on what the team is doing. If you want to disagree that fine, try to do it w/o coming off as an ass though.

That is the best thing you have said in all of this craziness with trying to predict good choices or bad choices. I dont live in Seattle but I'm sure there were writers who graded Wilson a C after the draft. What do you think they would grade him today?

But you have been a long standing member of this board and part of being a Jet fan is to be pissed off all the time at the insane things we do as a team. But for sure you have every right to express your opinion. And if everyone thought the same way this board would be boring.

Idzik wasn't the sexy choice and neither was Milliner and Richardson. But that doesn't mean they aren't good choices. But you could be right and our picks may suck.

My personal disappointment was in not picking Jones over Richardson even though I think Richardson is a beast. I'm not a combine type of person when you have years of game film to look at. JOnes filled a need but was slightly risky. The definition of slightly risky is if we took him the spinal stenosis would be a major problem and if the Steelers took him he would play 10 years.

Other than that a TE would have been nice as well as a safety. BUt who says the ones we would have taken would have worked out? In the absence of information, I prefer to give Idzik the benefit of the doubt.

#97 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:09 AM

except the fact taht we gave up a 4 time probowler, 2 time all pro, future hOF, and best defensive player in the NFL

the falcons gave up their back-up QB who played 3 games due to their starter being injured. We got 2 1st rounders for keyshawn johnson as well. doens't mean it was a good trade for TB. they even won a SB with him but it was still a bad trade on their part.

and my point was drafting a QB late could lead to good future returns cause if they play a few games good you can trade them to a team in need of a QB for much more then it cost you. its happened with shcaub, cassell, and kolb. its a fact all 3 teams got more for the trade then what they invested

You are forgetting that we also gave up having to spend a net of $14 million annually. If you want to play that game you would have to figure what that money buys you either in resigning your players or in signing free agents in the future.

#98 User is offline   chocomag Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:09 AM

You are forgetting that we also gave up having to spend a net of $14 million annually. If you want to play that game you would have to figure what that money buys you either in resigning your players or in signing free agents in the future.

#99 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

View Postchocomag, on 01 May 2013 - 06:04 AM, said:

Thanks. yet i get crap from people like ohfive who was banned and lost being a mod due to putting gay porn in somebody's sig. Look i've been a part of this forum for 8-9 years. I was born a raised a jets fan and i'm almost 30 now and i'm not happy with the choices the team has made. but people will try to twist your words to make their point which makes no sense
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#100 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

View Postchocomag, on 01 May 2013 - 06:09 AM, said:

I did consider that the thing sis if you don't spend cap room it becomes wasted money. there is only 2 ways to spend it, retain your own talent, and sign FAs

1) Retain - who do we have to retain? nobody who is irreplaceable is due for a contract for a long time. holme sis locked down, brick, cro, mangold, harris all locked down for quite a while. We don't have anyone we need to retain, i would have said keller and slauson but idzik let them walk

2) sign FAs which means eveyrone bids on them, which means we overpay for average players like pace and scott. i mean we paid pace like 8-9 mil a season to do what?? get sacks a year? paying revis would have given us a lock down CB and not some decent free agent we have to pay elite money too
Get it done MT
Posted Image

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users