NYJetsFan.com Forums: Idzik Begins To Clean Up Front Office - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:29 PM) I'm still pissed off about that
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:43 PM) Its not that Im worried about the preseason game itself. i could care less about that. Its the fact of how bad we got destroyed. And some of the guys will be on the team and others on the fringe so getting destroyed like that doesnt fill me with confidence
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:44 PM) It would be one thing if it was just the second half or 4th quarter but this was the whole game. especially getting destroyed in the 1st quarter and at least part of the 2nd where a lot of the guys will be on the team
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:48 PM) 2nd and 3rd stringers making the team had something to prove and even our 2nd stringers got owned so yes Im very concerned. The first stringers need breaks and also if some of them get injured they need to step up. So no after this performance start to finish Im very concerned
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:39 AM) Meh...you're reading too much into it
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:40 AM) Even in seasons where the Jets blew, I haven't seen anyone refer to the preseason to complain. Ever.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:15 AM) fire izdik http://theredzone.or...rs/Default.aspx
Jetsman05 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 11:17 AM) I picture Rob and 115 as real life friends
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 04:01 PM) Holmes can still play, problem is that hes also a cancer. He wore out his welcome with the Jets
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 08:23 PM) did Hill get cut?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:00 PM) Haven't seen anything yet
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:06 PM) Whos ready for the season!!? WOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (30 August 2014 - 11:54 AM) Hill has been cut
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 August 2014 - 01:24 PM) Who wants to take bets he ends up in NE
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:18 PM) We'll I guess you guys are fools then in thinking im a fool for being concerned. Do any of you even know that in 2013 the Jets gave up the most passing yards in the franchise since 1986? And our secondary right now is worse than last year right now. To not be concerned is utterly foolish.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:19 PM) Unless our d-line has a monstrous year odds are the team will be eaten up in the pass. Every team will game plan to exploit the pass this year.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:56 PM) Patterson got cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:24 PM) Patterson must have been a huge cancer to get cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:26 PM) is there a midseason draft? we need a DB!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) Our week 1 starting CBs will be Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls... wow
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) interesting that Simms and Boyd were released
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 04:00 PM) No more McIntyre
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:20 PM) Pretty sure some of these cuts like Simms and McIntyre were made for removing some more cap space to try to find some decent corners and maybe another reliable wr. Possibly get some players cheap. I'd say the current 53 roster will change a good bit in the next week.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:23 PM) I just hope Geno doesn't get hurt or we are horse f*cked. Vick sure as hell can't stay healthy for a full season. I guess the FO could also be think of picking up an old vet cut as 3rd qb. Simms is ok but I'd never trust him to win a regular season game if he was put in.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:25 PM) Anyway it's going yo be an interesting week.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) I doubt it was about freeing up money, considering we are way under. Like more than $20 mil, way more than enough to find some vet minimum CB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:19 PM) it's more about the roster numbers. McIntyre was replaced by rookies. IK showed flashes when he played
bleedsgreen Icon : (31 August 2014 - 08:34 AM) McIntyre is a shock to me he was a solid backup and made some big plays
ganggreen2003 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 04:44 PM) 1 week till we are 1-0
ganggreen2003 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 04:44 PM) we need to annihilate the GAYders
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:28 PM) We claimed McFadden from the Browns. Knows the system should be able to contribute right away
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:29 PM) Watching the Browns game now. Playing all three CB spots. Looks OK. A little grabby although he has not been called for it
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:30 PM) Might be a little aggressive and get burnt over top
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 10:26 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:58 AM) ^^^ agreed
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:25 PM) all the admins on this page should be fired
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:25 PM) for being assclowns
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:17 PM) The Jets are fucked at CB, signing some bums now. We need Milliner to get healthy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 04:20 PM) We have signed CB Phillip Adams
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:55 PM) The Gayders are playing Derek Carr against the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:55 PM) our D Line better put him in a WORLD OF PAIN
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:11 PM) Rookie QB in our house...Rex do your thing!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:56 PM) with Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls as our starting CBs
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:00 PM) our offense should be better than last year, Geno looks more comfortable
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) The Jets released Jeremiah George and Ellis Lankster, hopefully George finds his way to the PS. AJ Edds was re-signed
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Idzik Begins To Clean Up Front Office

#21 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

Coples is a bust?? Guy was pretty good when he was on the field. His pass rush numbers were really good considering his snaps. Not every player comes in a dominates right away, but Coples flashed plenty as a rookie. Who's saying he doesn't make that jump from 6 sacks as a rookie to 10+ sacks? Especially with a increase of playing time and in a position to get more sacks now that hes changing to rush.
Posted Image

#22 User is offline   FlyHiJets Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

View PostROBJETS, on 02 May 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

Coples???? Get real I could care less what he led in on a crappy team. The man was a first round pick and can only play in half the snaps???? For a first round pick that is considered a bust. A bust doesnt mean the player cant have an NFL career but his play certainly isnt the value of a first round draft pick.He may do better in the future but he has yet to prove it. So he outperformed the other players that were on the field most of the game. That makes it look even worse because it says the team knew he was only good for a small amount of time and if he was on the field for long periods he would suck ass.

Mcknight????? Another that hasn't met expectations and clearly a bust. Never proven to be even a half decent running back except in garbage games or preseason. The fact that the team had to find other things for him to do proves this.

Wilkerson is ok but he sure is not dominant for a first round pick. The book is still out on him at this point I consider him just above average as a starter.

I agree with you in regards that people shouldn't be calling Idzik out just yet as there NEEDED to be some house cleaning obviously and we won't know for a couple years what Idzik is made of with the Jets. I do have to comment one some of your statements though.

Coples.......a bust? REALLY? Led the team in sacks while splitting time because that's what the coaching staff wanted. Not because of his inability to play more. He's nowhere near Gholston who was a bust. Coples wasn't in half the time because half the time, teams were running on us at will so we weren't in pass rush formations.

McKnight.............he was a 4th round pick and has shown some flashes. He was never meant to be an every down back in our system so he's average for a 4th round RB.

Kerley.......5th rounder and is the best receiver we have on the roster right now other than Holmes, plays ST & can throw as well so I don't know of any knocks on the kid.

Really, the only players on the list that could be labeled as not living up to expectations would be Wilson & McKnight. Wilson actually played fairly well last year so maybe he's finally learning. People got too used to Revis island so that was the new bar to be compared to.

Greene was the team's leading rusher and did bowl through people on a number of occasions but he wasn't durable or fast enough. He ran for over a 1000 yards finally but he just wasn't a fit for us. 2 years ago, we had no kind of line to run behind so he definitely wasn't going to have any success. In 2009, he averaged an even 5 ypc. 2010 he split time with LT & dropped to 4.1 ypc. 2011 & 2012 he broke the 1000 yard mark in each season so he cant really be classified as a bust. You say he averages 2-3 ypc, but he's at 4. (3.9) Believe it or not, Curtis Martin only averaged 4 ypc in his career as well and NOBODY in their right mind would ever call him a bust. I'm NOT comparing Green to C-Mart but hopefully you get my point.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#23 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 04 May 2013 - 11:35 PM, said:

I agree with you in regards that people shouldn't be calling Idzik out just yet as there NEEDED to be some house cleaning obviously and we won't know for a couple years what Idzik is made of with the Jets. I do have to comment one some of your statements though.

Coples.......a bust? REALLY? Led the team in sacks while splitting time because that's what the coaching staff wanted. Not because of his inability to play more. He's nowhere near Gholston who was a bust. Coples wasn't in half the time because half the time, teams were running on us at will so we weren't in pass rush formations.

McKnight.............he was a 4th round pick and has shown some flashes. He was never meant to be an every down back in our system so he's average for a 4th round RB.

Kerley.......5th rounder and is the best receiver we have on the roster right now other than Holmes, plays ST & can throw as well so I don't know of any knocks on the kid.

Really, the only players on the list that could be labeled as not living up to expectations would be Wilson & McKnight. Wilson actually played fairly well last year so maybe he's finally learning. People got too used to Revis island so that was the new bar to be compared to.

Greene was the team's leading rusher and did bowl through people on a number of occasions but he wasn't durable or fast enough. He ran for over a 1000 yards finally but he just wasn't a fit for us. 2 years ago, we had no kind of line to run behind so he definitely wasn't going to have any success. In 2009, he averaged an even 5 ypc. 2010 he split time with LT & dropped to 4.1 ypc. 2011 & 2012 he broke the 1000 yard mark in each season so he cant really be classified as a bust. You say he averages 2-3 ypc, but he's at 4. (3.9) Believe it or not, Curtis Martin only averaged 4 ypc in his career as well and NOBODY in their right mind would ever call him a bust. I'm NOT comparing Green to C-Mart but hopefully you get my point.

You have good points and I don't disagree with you. We just aren't on the same page. Maybe me saying bust was a little overboard. Not living up to expectations would probably fit better.

McKnight might have been a 4th rounder but the team expected more from him.Same with Wilson and Greene. Also 1000 yard rushers don't really mean that much anymore with a 16 game schedule.

Put it this way to get 1000 yards in 16 games it only requires a rb to get 62.5 yards a game which isn't much. Most would agree 62 yards a game isn't crap these days. Greene sucks period. I do consider Wilson a huge bust just like Lowery because like Lowery Wilson is getting less and less playing time so the coaches see Wilson isn't performing to standards.I feel Wilson has been terrible because qbs have been lighting it up in the Jets middle defense(where Wilson plays).

McKnight may not be making it as a rb but he is useful to the team in other areas so I wouldn't consider him a failure but just not a legit rb.

As far as Coples He is a question mark. Basically the way I see it is since he is only playing half the time or less he is fresher than the full time players so he has more energy when he comes in. Basically what I'm saying is because of this I consider his stats padded because of this. Either he isn't in shape or he just isn't good enough to play full time at this point. So like I said if he was playing full time he definitely would not have been leaning the team. If the coaches thought he had what it takes he would have been playing full time and not half the game or less. This is why I'm not big on him at this point so what I'm saying I feel he has a lot to prove. Also lets face it...our team isn't known for having dominant pass rushers that are known for disrupting qbs so that is another reason I feel he is a question mark at this point. When Couples plays full time and performs on the level he is only playing part time I will believe in him.

As far as our receivers it is hard to tell because i feel Sanchez is the biggest reason they arent performing great but we will never know for sure until Sanchez is out of the game

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users