NYJetsFan.com Forums: Draft Grades... Jets A+ - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 09:43 AM) Should I start Rivers tonight or Brady on Sunday?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:48 AM) rivers
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 12:04 PM) brady
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) raul
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 01:40 PM) jared
azjetfan Icon : (23 October 2014 - 02:32 PM) Take the better match up
Jetsman05 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 03:31 PM) is 115 in the fantasy league
Jetsfan115 Icon : (23 October 2014 - 04:25 PM) nope
MikeGangGree... Icon : (23 October 2014 - 09:58 PM) 10-6!!!!
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:49 PM) no doubt
santana Icon : (23 October 2014 - 10:49 PM) believe!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (24 October 2014 - 05:12 AM) TEHN AND SIX
Jetsman05 Icon : (24 October 2014 - 05:18 AM) TEH JETS!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:23 AM) SILVA!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 AM) Wait I mean
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 AM) FIRE IDZICK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:05 AM) What channel can I watch el clasico
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:06 AM) TEH CLASICO
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:39 AM) HALA RAUL
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:05 PM) Messi to Suarez to Neymar and goal
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) My nipples were so stiff
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) Isco the Spanish Shepard so tenacious gotta order that kit!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 10:31 PM) WE THE PEOPLE
Resize Shouts Area

  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

Draft Grades... Jets A+ Eat your heart out 115

#1 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,488
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

http://rotoviz.com/i...-new-york-jets/

No. 1 New York Jets Grade: A+

New GM John Idzik has been bashed as a salary cap expert who lacks a scouting background. Maybe that’s what gave him the edge here. Most are panning the Revis trade, which just goes to show how deeply memes can penetrate. Consider, for example, if Revis had been a free agent signed by Daniel Snyder and Washington. They would have been lampooned for trying to “win the offseason,” and no small amount of ink would have been spilled explaining that elite organizations like Pittsburgh and Baltimore build through the draft. In this situation, Tampa has to give out the big contract – and even without guarantees, it is very big – and also have to throw in a first round pick for a player recovering from serious injury.

The Jets weren’t in position to pay Revis anyway, so getting a first round pick was a coup. Drafting Dee Milliner potentially allows Rex Ryan to still field a tandem of shutdown corners if the Alabama DB is as good as many think. They come back and get Sheldon Richardson at another position of need. While lower profile than Lotulelei and Floyd, many scouts felt Richardson offered the most flexibility and ability to penetrate.

Of course, the biggest win occurred at pick 39 where they landed their quarterback of the future. I’ve argued in favor of Geno Smith for months. Now obviously Smith could fail, but it isn’t every day you get to draft a player with exciting arm strength, athleticism, and a 42-6 TD/INT ratio. While many scouts supposedly preferred Ryan Nassib – and the Bills clearly liked E.J. Manuel – the RotoViz writing community was unanimously in favor of Geno Smith as the top dynasty QB. Landing in New York shouldn’t change that opinion.

The inevitable comparisons between Smith and the Luck/RG3 duo seemed to paralyze desultory organizations like Jacksonville and Oakland. Drafting Smith in the second round means the Jets get all of the potential upside with Smith and little of the downside. Unlike the Mark Sanchez fiasco, it will be much easier to get away from a second round mistake. And unless Smith is an instant star, the Jets will be so bad this season their shot at Teddy Bridgewater or Johnny Manziel won’t be compromised.

It’s also worth pointing out that the Jets aren’t nearly as bad at the skill positions as most are saying. Sure, Santonio Holmes is a malcontent, but he’s also the best small receiver in the NFL when he wants to play. Jeremy Kerley was very impressive last season on a per route basis, and that was in the league’s most dysfunctional offense. Those raving about Cordarrelle Patterson’s athleticism should consider that Stephen Hill is a far superior size/speed specimen and garnered a far bigger percentage of his college team’s receiving market share. While some at RotoViz are skeptical of Hill’s future potential, he becomes a breakout candidate in Marty Mornhinweg’s upgraded offense.

Idzik followed up his astute draft maneuvers by stealing the Saints’ best running back. If the Jets tailor their offense to Smith’s capabilities, this team could move the ball.

* As fans often – and occasionally justifiably – believe writers are biased for or against certain teams, it’s worth noting that I’m not a Jets fan. If you don’t believe me, check out The Case Against Mark Sanchez, an article written nearly two years ago and before the, ahem, infamous extension.
0

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,610
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 01 May 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

http://rotoviz.com/i...-new-york-jets/

No. 1 New York Jets Grade: A+

New GM John Idzik has been bashed as a salary cap expert who lacks a scouting background. Maybe that’s what gave him the edge here. Most are panning the Revis trade, which just goes to show how deeply memes can penetrate. Consider, for example, if Revis had been a free agent signed by Daniel Snyder and Washington. They would have been lampooned for trying to “win the offseason,” and no small amount of ink would have been spilled explaining that elite organizations like Pittsburgh and Baltimore build through the draft. In this situation, Tampa has to give out the big contract – and even without guarantees, it is very big – and also have to throw in a first round pick for a player recovering from serious injury.

The Jets weren’t in position to pay Revis anyway, so getting a first round pick was a coup. Drafting Dee Milliner potentially allows Rex Ryan to still field a tandem of shutdown corners if the Alabama DB is as good as many think. They come back and get Sheldon Richardson at another position of need. While lower profile than Lotulelei and Floyd, many scouts felt Richardson offered the most flexibility and ability to penetrate.

Of course, the biggest win occurred at pick 39 where they landed their quarterback of the future. I’ve argued in favor of Geno Smith for months. Now obviously Smith could fail, but it isn’t every day you get to draft a player with exciting arm strength, athleticism, and a 42-6 TD/INT ratio. While many scouts supposedly preferred Ryan Nassib – and the Bills clearly liked E.J. Manuel – the RotoViz writing community was unanimously in favor of Geno Smith as the top dynasty QB. Landing in New York shouldn’t change that opinion.

The inevitable comparisons between Smith and the Luck/RG3 duo seemed to paralyze desultory organizations like Jacksonville and Oakland. Drafting Smith in the second round means the Jets get all of the potential upside with Smith and little of the downside. Unlike the Mark Sanchez fiasco, it will be much easier to get away from a second round mistake. And unless Smith is an instant star, the Jets will be so bad this season their shot at Teddy Bridgewater or Johnny Manziel won’t be compromised.

It’s also worth pointing out that the Jets aren’t nearly as bad at the skill positions as most are saying. Sure, Santonio Holmes is a malcontent, but he’s also the best small receiver in the NFL when he wants to play. Jeremy Kerley was very impressive last season on a per route basis, and that was in the league’s most dysfunctional offense. Those raving about Cordarrelle Patterson’s athleticism should consider that Stephen Hill is a far superior size/speed specimen and garnered a far bigger percentage of his college team’s receiving market share. While some at RotoViz are skeptical of Hill’s future potential, he becomes a breakout candidate in Marty Mornhinweg’s upgraded offense.

Idzik followed up his astute draft maneuvers by stealing the Saints’ best running back. If the Jets tailor their offense to Smith’s capabilities, this team could move the ball.

* As fans often – and occasionally justifiably – believe writers are biased for or against certain teams, it’s worth noting that I’m not a Jets fan. If you don’t believe me, check out The Case Against Mark Sanchez, an article written nearly two years ago and before the, ahem, infamous extension.


he's a regular ddue not even a pro. i could write an article giving us an F. doens't make it proof. plus he claims to not be a jets fan based on 1 sanchez article? news flash, most jet fans hate sanchez. and he lived in NY during the years the jets were good
http://www.mylife.com/shawnsiegele

and his article is based on fantasy football lol. says so right in the begining that you left out

Quote

I’m going to be looking at the fantasy repercussions of the 2013 Draft and giving out a few grades and rankings. The grades mostly focus on fantasy-relevant positions, but I’ll also be examining overall positional value and strategy. It goes without saying that there’s an informational gap between what the teams have at their disposal and what I have. On the other hand, the great thing about being an outsider is that the informational gap often runs the other direction as well.


so lame attempt there buddy
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,947
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

Quote

Those raving about Cordarrelle Patterson’s athleticism should consider that Stephen Hill is a far superior size/speed specimen and garnered a far bigger percentage of his college team’s receiving market share. While some at RotoViz are skeptical of Hill’s future potential, he becomes a breakout candidate in Marty Mornhinweg’s upgraded offense.


115 would be proud. Hopefully they are right
Posted Image
0

#4 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 215
  • Joined: 08-August 12

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 02 May 2013 - 08:36 AM, said:

he's a regular ddue not even a pro.


You're cracking me up 115. Didn't you use a yahoo-user poll when you were talking about draft grades?

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me


Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.
0

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,610
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 02 May 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

You're cracking me up 115. Didn't you use a yahoo-user poll when you were talking about draft grades?



no i used 2 actual sports writers and my own personal opinion
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#6 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,947
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 02 May 2013 - 11:56 AM, said:

no i used 2 actual sports writers and my own personal opinion

But you did use the NFL fan poll.
Posted Image
0

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,610
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 02 May 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

But you did use the NFL fan poll.


which i also said doesn't mean much
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,693
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

:help:
Posted Image
0

#9 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,947
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 02 May 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

which i also said doesn't mean much



Posted Image

Quote

NFL.com has us at a C (fan voting)

rotowrold gave us a c-
http://www.rotoworld...aft-grades?pg=2


AOL sports gave us a D
http://aol.sportingn...steelers-eagles

Posted Image
0

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,610
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 02 May 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

Posted Image



notice how i said above i used 2 actual sports writers. thank you for proving my point. i stated later in a post that fan voting means noting cause most people are stupid

so nice try but fail
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#11 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,693
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

MOMMY!!! DADDY!!! STOP FIGHTING!!! PPUUULEEEEEEEEASE!!! :ranting:
Posted Image
0

#12 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,947
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 02 May 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

notice how i said above i used 2 actual sports writers. thank you for proving my point. i stated later in a post that fan voting means noting cause most people are stupid

so nice try but fail


After the fact you did when I said. Fans are idiots. So no I was 100% accuarate. Just because you changed your story after the fact does not mean you did not say it.

Here is the whole post


Quote

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

azjetfan, on 29 April 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

I went to 4 different sights and they all had A or B. I have not found a reputable site yet to give them a poor grade. The ones that are though are saying they knocked us down due to not needing a DL in a 3-4. I think common sense would say we will be running alot more 4-3. I believe your man hate for Idzik is skewing your though process.


NFL.com has us at a C (fan voting)
rotowrold gave us a c-
http://www.rotoworld...aft-grades?pg=2


AOL sports gave us a D
http://aol.sportingn...steelers-eagles

Quote

New York Jets: Their entire draft will ride on just how good West Virginia's Geno Smith will be as their starting quarterback, and there's reason to believe the pairing will be quite bumpy. In essence, they swapped out Darrelle Revis for Alabama's Dee Milliner at cornerback, but wasted the No. 13 they got for Revis by taking Sheldon Richardson, a tackle better suited for the 4-3, not Rex Ryan's 3-4. It was a shaky start for John Idzik. Complete draft class


so what again were you reading?

Posted Image
0

#13 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,947
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

You used fan voting and second tier writers to prove your point. That should say enough right there.
Posted Image
0

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,610
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 02 May 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

After the fact you did when I said. Fans are idiots. So no I was 100% accuarate. Just because you changed your story after the fact does not mean you did not say it.

Here is the whole post


yes you never listed thsoe 4 sites and i listed 2 giving us an average rating so um yeah
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#15 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,947
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 02 May 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

yes you never listed thsoe 4 sites and i listed 2 giving us an average rating so um yeah

Um Yeah? what are you in 4th grade? I am sorry you cant admit your wrong in this one. Actualy I am not. I find it entertaining. Maybe when you and Geno mature a little you can learn how to speak and act.
Posted Image
0

#16 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,610
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 02 May 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

Um Yeah? what are you in 4th grade? I am sorry you cant admit your wrong in this one. Actualy I am not. I find it entertaining. Maybe when you and Geno mature a little you can learn how to speak and act.


actually i was thinking the same about you.

i never used fan voting as an example of an average grade. i specifically said so later in the same thread. you can't take 1 line of a conversation as proof. thats called taking something out of context. you look at the conversation as a whole. The fact you cna't understand that and the fact you are personally butthurt because i don't like the moved idzik is making is beyond comprehension
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#17 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

  • Drafted Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 172
  • Joined: 03-January 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toledo, OH

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 02 May 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

actually i was thinking the same about you.

i never used fan voting as an example of an average grade. i specifically said so later in the same thread. you can't take 1 line of a conversation as proof. thats called taking something out of context. you look at the conversation as a whole. The fact you cna't understand that and the fact you are personally butthurt because i don't like the moved idzik is making is beyond comprehension

I straight LOVE this kid's comebacks.
"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

Quote from my wife when I told her I liked Tebow, but that he sucks as a QB
0

#18 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,610
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

View PostMlorinczJ, on 02 May 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

I straight LOVE this kid's comebacks.


lol kid? i'm old enough to be your daddy probably
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#19 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,947
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 02 May 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

i never used fan voting as an example of an average grade. i specifically said so later in the same thread. you can't take 1 line of a conversation as proof. thats called taking something out of context. you look at the conversation as a whole. The fact you cna't understand that and the fact you are personally butthurt because i don't like the moved idzik is making is beyond comprehension

You used it until you were called out on it and then backed away. If nothing was said you would still be using it. Good try. I could care less about your opinion on Idzik, but your back tracking, Assuming and making stuff up is ridiculous.
Posted Image
0

#20 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,610
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 02 May 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

You used it until you were called out on it and then backed away. If nothing was said you would still be using it. Good try. I could care less about your opinion on Idzik, but your back tracking, Assuming and making stuff up is ridiculous.


didn't backtrack. someone asked for anywhere that said the jets got a average garde. i posted links when somebody said fan voting is stupid and not a good example i agreed. its not backtracking at all.

Honestly i can care less what sports writers think. i think its a bad move. were gonna suck this year and were gonna suck for a while idzik will get fired everyone will hate him and it'll start over again. In 4 years, i'll look like a prophet. if i'm wrong 4 years from now and we have a good team and are a contender you can gladly use this against me saying i was wrong and i'll admit to being wrong. but i expect the same from you when idzik fails
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users