NYJetsFan.com Forums: Draft Grades... Jets A+ - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets 0-2 vs bills this year. Does Rex Ryan survive the year?
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:15 PM) dont think we'll get the result we need
santana Icon : (Today, 04:15 PM) RAUL BEST EVER!!
santana Icon : (Today, 04:15 PM) this messi guy pfff not even a top lad
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:16 PM) 27 and the all time leading goal scorer in european cup and la liga history... crazy
santana Icon : (Today, 04:17 PM) raul ny cosmos hype is real!!... crazy
santana Icon : (Today, 04:18 PM) I want nasri to bite neuer
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:28 PM) Agueroooooooo
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:28 PM) Xabi at faulttttt
santana Icon : (Today, 04:30 PM) SPEEEEED
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:33 PM) KUUUUUNNNNN
santana Icon : (Today, 04:33 PM) I like zabaleta a lot but hes such a dope haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:33 PM) what a f***ing player
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:34 PM) unbelievable
santana Icon : (Today, 04:34 PM) Yeah
santana Icon : (Today, 04:34 PM) its decided city should be renamed to Aguero and friends
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:35 PM) haha yeah zaba looks like a player who should of played 15 years ago when tackles like that were deemed good
santana Icon : (Today, 04:35 PM) jeez
santana Icon : (Today, 04:35 PM) mistakes by boateng and xabi
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:36 PM) bayern exhausted from working with 10 men
santana Icon : (Today, 04:36 PM) aguero the long con
santana Icon : (Today, 04:36 PM) aguero isnt exhausted though
santana Icon : (Today, 04:37 PM) OP as fuck
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:37 PM) Pep will be fuming
santana Icon : (Today, 04:38 PM) no more fun practices for bayern
santana Icon : (Today, 04:38 PM) carrying team mates around and skipping
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:38 PM) all eyes on tomorrow. Liverpool don't get a result and Rodgers seat is on fire
santana Icon : (Today, 04:39 PM) what
santana Icon : (Today, 04:39 PM) I thought I just read that liverpool is sticking with him
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:41 PM) they will, atleast until january... but if we do not get a result tomorrow, it'll go down hill even faster
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:41 PM) he won't survive the season if he doesnt figure it out
santana Icon : (Today, 04:42 PM) moyes to liverpool confirmed!
santana Icon : (Today, 04:43 PM) bayern two bad passes one bad tackle today punished by aguero
santana Icon : (Today, 04:43 PM) otherwise city looked rather crapola
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 04:47 PM) moyesy coaching in your favorite league now
santana Icon : (Today, 04:50 PM) yeah i saw that he was at real sociedad
santana Icon : (Today, 04:51 PM) http://gfycat.com/MilkyMajesticDingo
santana Icon : (Today, 04:52 PM) also very casual
santana Icon : (Today, 04:52 PM) boca represent
santana Icon : (Today, 05:13 PM) http://gfycat.com/Of...ingAmazonparrot
santana Icon : (Today, 05:13 PM) that is the most raul goal i have ever seen
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 06:29 PM) What's our wish list for HC next year?
santana Icon : (Today, 06:37 PM) BILL LAZOR
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 07:41 PM) Why?
santana Icon : (Today, 08:09 PM) he worked with chip kelly and vick on the eagles. and has a cool name
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 08:41 PM) Eh
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Draft Grades... Jets A+ Eat your heart out 115

#1 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

http://rotoviz.com/i...-new-york-jets/

No. 1 New York Jets Grade: A+

New GM John Idzik has been bashed as a salary cap expert who lacks a scouting background. Maybe that’s what gave him the edge here. Most are panning the Revis trade, which just goes to show how deeply memes can penetrate. Consider, for example, if Revis had been a free agent signed by Daniel Snyder and Washington. They would have been lampooned for trying to “win the offseason,” and no small amount of ink would have been spilled explaining that elite organizations like Pittsburgh and Baltimore build through the draft. In this situation, Tampa has to give out the big contract – and even without guarantees, it is very big – and also have to throw in a first round pick for a player recovering from serious injury.

The Jets weren’t in position to pay Revis anyway, so getting a first round pick was a coup. Drafting Dee Milliner potentially allows Rex Ryan to still field a tandem of shutdown corners if the Alabama DB is as good as many think. They come back and get Sheldon Richardson at another position of need. While lower profile than Lotulelei and Floyd, many scouts felt Richardson offered the most flexibility and ability to penetrate.

Of course, the biggest win occurred at pick 39 where they landed their quarterback of the future. I’ve argued in favor of Geno Smith for months. Now obviously Smith could fail, but it isn’t every day you get to draft a player with exciting arm strength, athleticism, and a 42-6 TD/INT ratio. While many scouts supposedly preferred Ryan Nassib – and the Bills clearly liked E.J. Manuel – the RotoViz writing community was unanimously in favor of Geno Smith as the top dynasty QB. Landing in New York shouldn’t change that opinion.

The inevitable comparisons between Smith and the Luck/RG3 duo seemed to paralyze desultory organizations like Jacksonville and Oakland. Drafting Smith in the second round means the Jets get all of the potential upside with Smith and little of the downside. Unlike the Mark Sanchez fiasco, it will be much easier to get away from a second round mistake. And unless Smith is an instant star, the Jets will be so bad this season their shot at Teddy Bridgewater or Johnny Manziel won’t be compromised.

It’s also worth pointing out that the Jets aren’t nearly as bad at the skill positions as most are saying. Sure, Santonio Holmes is a malcontent, but he’s also the best small receiver in the NFL when he wants to play. Jeremy Kerley was very impressive last season on a per route basis, and that was in the league’s most dysfunctional offense. Those raving about Cordarrelle Patterson’s athleticism should consider that Stephen Hill is a far superior size/speed specimen and garnered a far bigger percentage of his college team’s receiving market share. While some at RotoViz are skeptical of Hill’s future potential, he becomes a breakout candidate in Marty Mornhinweg’s upgraded offense.

Idzik followed up his astute draft maneuvers by stealing the Saints’ best running back. If the Jets tailor their offense to Smith’s capabilities, this team could move the ball.

* As fans often – and occasionally justifiably – believe writers are biased for or against certain teams, it’s worth noting that I’m not a Jets fan. If you don’t believe me, check out The Case Against Mark Sanchez, an article written nearly two years ago and before the, ahem, infamous extension.

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 01 May 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

http://rotoviz.com/i...-new-york-jets/

No. 1 New York Jets Grade: A+

New GM John Idzik has been bashed as a salary cap expert who lacks a scouting background. Maybe that’s what gave him the edge here. Most are panning the Revis trade, which just goes to show how deeply memes can penetrate. Consider, for example, if Revis had been a free agent signed by Daniel Snyder and Washington. They would have been lampooned for trying to “win the offseason,” and no small amount of ink would have been spilled explaining that elite organizations like Pittsburgh and Baltimore build through the draft. In this situation, Tampa has to give out the big contract – and even without guarantees, it is very big – and also have to throw in a first round pick for a player recovering from serious injury.

The Jets weren’t in position to pay Revis anyway, so getting a first round pick was a coup. Drafting Dee Milliner potentially allows Rex Ryan to still field a tandem of shutdown corners if the Alabama DB is as good as many think. They come back and get Sheldon Richardson at another position of need. While lower profile than Lotulelei and Floyd, many scouts felt Richardson offered the most flexibility and ability to penetrate.

Of course, the biggest win occurred at pick 39 where they landed their quarterback of the future. I’ve argued in favor of Geno Smith for months. Now obviously Smith could fail, but it isn’t every day you get to draft a player with exciting arm strength, athleticism, and a 42-6 TD/INT ratio. While many scouts supposedly preferred Ryan Nassib – and the Bills clearly liked E.J. Manuel – the RotoViz writing community was unanimously in favor of Geno Smith as the top dynasty QB. Landing in New York shouldn’t change that opinion.

The inevitable comparisons between Smith and the Luck/RG3 duo seemed to paralyze desultory organizations like Jacksonville and Oakland. Drafting Smith in the second round means the Jets get all of the potential upside with Smith and little of the downside. Unlike the Mark Sanchez fiasco, it will be much easier to get away from a second round mistake. And unless Smith is an instant star, the Jets will be so bad this season their shot at Teddy Bridgewater or Johnny Manziel won’t be compromised.

It’s also worth pointing out that the Jets aren’t nearly as bad at the skill positions as most are saying. Sure, Santonio Holmes is a malcontent, but he’s also the best small receiver in the NFL when he wants to play. Jeremy Kerley was very impressive last season on a per route basis, and that was in the league’s most dysfunctional offense. Those raving about Cordarrelle Patterson’s athleticism should consider that Stephen Hill is a far superior size/speed specimen and garnered a far bigger percentage of his college team’s receiving market share. While some at RotoViz are skeptical of Hill’s future potential, he becomes a breakout candidate in Marty Mornhinweg’s upgraded offense.

Idzik followed up his astute draft maneuvers by stealing the Saints’ best running back. If the Jets tailor their offense to Smith’s capabilities, this team could move the ball.

* As fans often – and occasionally justifiably – believe writers are biased for or against certain teams, it’s worth noting that I’m not a Jets fan. If you don’t believe me, check out The Case Against Mark Sanchez, an article written nearly two years ago and before the, ahem, infamous extension.

he's a regular ddue not even a pro. i could write an article giving us an F. doens't make it proof. plus he claims to not be a jets fan based on 1 sanchez article? news flash, most jet fans hate sanchez. and he lived in NY during the years the jets were good
http://www.mylife.com/shawnsiegele

and his article is based on fantasy football lol. says so right in the begining that you left out

I’m going to be looking at the fantasy repercussions of the 2013 Draft and giving out a few grades and rankings. The grades mostly focus on fantasy-relevant positions, but I’ll also be examining overall positional value and strategy. It goes without saying that there’s an informational gap between what the teams have at their disposal and what I have. On the other hand, the great thing about being an outsider is that the informational gap often runs the other direction as well.

so lame attempt there buddy
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#3 User is online   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

Those raving about Cordarrelle Patterson’s athleticism should consider that Stephen Hill is a far superior size/speed specimen and garnered a far bigger percentage of his college team’s receiving market share. While some at RotoViz are skeptical of Hill’s future potential, he becomes a breakout candidate in Marty Mornhinweg’s upgraded offense.

115 would be proud. Hopefully they are right
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   a1elbow2.0 Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 02 May 2013 - 08:36 AM, said:

he's a regular ddue not even a pro.

You're cracking me up 115. Didn't you use a yahoo-user poll when you were talking about draft grades?

View PostClemens11, on 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

1 int for every 4 tis is a pretty nice ratio to me

Bottomfeeder Tracker: 6-17 vs teams with a winning record.

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

View Posta1elbow2.0, on 02 May 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

You're cracking me up 115. Didn't you use a yahoo-user poll when you were talking about draft grades?

no i used 2 actual sports writers and my own personal opinion
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#6 User is online   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 02 May 2013 - 11:56 AM, said:

no i used 2 actual sports writers and my own personal opinion

But you did use the NFL fan poll.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 02 May 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

But you did use the NFL fan poll.

which i also said doesn't mean much
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

:help:
Posted Image

#9 User is online   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 02 May 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

which i also said doesn't mean much

Posted Image

NFL.com has us at a C (fan voting)

rotowrold gave us a c-
http://www.rotoworld...aft-grades?pg=2

AOL sports gave us a D
http://aol.sportingn...steelers-eagles

Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 02 May 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

Posted Image

notice how i said above i used 2 actual sports writers. thank you for proving my point. i stated later in a post that fan voting means noting cause most people are stupid

so nice try but fail
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

MOMMY!!! DADDY!!! STOP FIGHTING!!! PPUUULEEEEEEEEASE!!! :ranting:
Posted Image

#12 User is online   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 02 May 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

notice how i said above i used 2 actual sports writers. thank you for proving my point. i stated later in a post that fan voting means noting cause most people are stupid

so nice try but fail

After the fact you did when I said. Fans are idiots. So no I was 100% accuarate. Just because you changed your story after the fact does not mean you did not say it.

Here is the whole post

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

azjetfan, on 29 April 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

I went to 4 different sights and they all had A or B. I have not found a reputable site yet to give them a poor grade. The ones that are though are saying they knocked us down due to not needing a DL in a 3-4. I think common sense would say we will be running alot more 4-3. I believe your man hate for Idzik is skewing your though process.

NFL.com has us at a C (fan voting)
rotowrold gave us a c-
http://www.rotoworld...aft-grades?pg=2

AOL sports gave us a D
http://aol.sportingn...steelers-eagles

New York Jets: Their entire draft will ride on just how good West Virginia's Geno Smith will be as their starting quarterback, and there's reason to believe the pairing will be quite bumpy. In essence, they swapped out Darrelle Revis for Alabama's Dee Milliner at cornerback, but wasted the No. 13 they got for Revis by taking Sheldon Richardson, a tackle better suited for the 4-3, not Rex Ryan's 3-4. It was a shaky start for John Idzik. Complete draft class

so what again were you reading?

Posted Image

#13 User is online   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

You used fan voting and second tier writers to prove your point. That should say enough right there.
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 02 May 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

After the fact you did when I said. Fans are idiots. So no I was 100% accuarate. Just because you changed your story after the fact does not mean you did not say it.

Here is the whole post

yes you never listed thsoe 4 sites and i listed 2 giving us an average rating so um yeah
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#15 User is online   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 02 May 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

yes you never listed thsoe 4 sites and i listed 2 giving us an average rating so um yeah

Um Yeah? what are you in 4th grade? I am sorry you cant admit your wrong in this one. Actualy I am not. I find it entertaining. Maybe when you and Geno mature a little you can learn how to speak and act.
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 02 May 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

Um Yeah? what are you in 4th grade? I am sorry you cant admit your wrong in this one. Actualy I am not. I find it entertaining. Maybe when you and Geno mature a little you can learn how to speak and act.

actually i was thinking the same about you.

i never used fan voting as an example of an average grade. i specifically said so later in the same thread. you can't take 1 line of a conversation as proof. thats called taking something out of context. you look at the conversation as a whole. The fact you cna't understand that and the fact you are personally butthurt because i don't like the moved idzik is making is beyond comprehension
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   MlorinczJ Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 02 May 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

actually i was thinking the same about you.

i never used fan voting as an example of an average grade. i specifically said so later in the same thread. you can't take 1 line of a conversation as proof. thats called taking something out of context. you look at the conversation as a whole. The fact you cna't understand that and the fact you are personally butthurt because i don't like the moved idzik is making is beyond comprehension

I straight LOVE this kid's comebacks.
"I thought he was good?!? If he prays when he scores. Everyone knew him for praying. That only can mean he scores :)"

Quote from my wife when I told her I liked Tebow, but that he sucks as a QB

#18 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

View PostMlorinczJ, on 02 May 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

I straight LOVE this kid's comebacks.

lol kid? i'm old enough to be your daddy probably
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#19 User is online   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 02 May 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

You used it until you were called out on it and then backed away. If nothing was said you would still be using it. Good try. I could care less about your opinion on Idzik, but your back tracking, Assuming and making stuff up is ridiculous.
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 02 May 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

You used it until you were called out on it and then backed away. If nothing was said you would still be using it. Good try. I could care less about your opinion on Idzik, but your back tracking, Assuming and making stuff up is ridiculous.

didn't backtrack. someone asked for anywhere that said the jets got a average garde. i posted links when somebody said fan voting is stupid and not a good example i agreed. its not backtracking at all.

Honestly i can care less what sports writers think. i think its a bad move. were gonna suck this year and were gonna suck for a while idzik will get fired everyone will hate him and it'll start over again. In 4 years, i'll look like a prophet. if i'm wrong 4 years from now and we have a good team and are a contender you can gladly use this against me saying i was wrong and i'll admit to being wrong. but i expect the same from you when idzik fails
Get it done MT
Posted Image

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users