NYJetsFan.com Forums: Draft Grades... Jets A+ - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS will play on Monday Night at 7pm in Detroit
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) I love how there are so many rookie WRs beasting it in the deepest WR class in a long time, yet our genius GM couldn't land one.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:15 PM) My guy Odell Beckham torching the Cowboys
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) Look at this catch he made, sick https://mtc.cdn.vine...P67xwaORGsCqtLF
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:09 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...sharpnosepuffer
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:09 PM) Another link
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:20 AM) Your guy Odell lol
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 06:20 AM) I ravedddd about him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:26 AM) he was the guy I wanted most out of the draft. I knew we had no shot at Watkins or Evans.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 08:59 AM) Pretty sure i remember talking to you about him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 09:33 AM) yeah we talked about him, I remember you loved him too. When I started paying attention to potential draft guys he was the guy I wanted most with our 1st round pick. This was before he was talked about as a legit first rounder, then he skyrocketed up the boards and ended up going too high for us.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 09:37 AM) I was and am huge on Jarvis Landry too
santana Icon : (Today, 11:04 AM) I knew about odell since grade school
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 11:12 AM) You don't follow football.
santana Icon : (Today, 11:57 AM) I was raving about him all 2012
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 11:59 AM) Thanks for the fantasy win bum.
santana Icon : (Today, 12:03 PM) you are welcome
santana Icon : (Today, 12:04 PM) i'm happy with my performance i fielded a great team. rain in oakland screwed me a bit as did the pack vs the vikings
santana Icon : (Today, 12:04 PM) just not in the cards
santana Icon : (Today, 12:05 PM) I enjoyed how you second guessed your self twice with murray and mckinnon
santana Icon : (Today, 12:06 PM) also fleener off the wire lulz
santana Icon : (Today, 12:27 PM) 70 degrees out going to go hit 18 holes and then catch mnf at the super dome
santana Icon : (Today, 12:27 PM) I AM THE TABLE
santana Icon : (Today, 12:27 PM) ....frown face
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:48 PM) You're ripping my decisions and you still lost.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 12:59 PM) I do feel your pain though. Would of beaten everyone. Especially Mr Jet
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:04 PM) And i liked your move to stop my defensive streaming and you picked up all shit defences
santana Icon : (Today, 01:26 PM) you are reading too much into the defenses. i'm not that smart. and they accumulated because i had bad waiver position so they never dropped on players i was trying to pick up.
santana Icon : (Today, 01:27 PM) I am ripping your decisions because they made me lol during the week
santana Icon : (Today, 01:28 PM) you scrambled to plug all your holes and I had my lineup set almost two weeks ago. its all good though odb and forte came through
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:31 PM) Lol you mean two good players played well? It wasn't an anomaly
santana Icon : (Today, 01:32 PM) yeah thats what i said
santana Icon : (Today, 01:33 PM) I blame cobb and the packers d also the rain in oakland. I think I already said this
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:34 PM) I mean... you caught me on about the best possible time. So you can use whatever excuses
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:34 PM) You have a nice team though
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:34 PM) My QB had 11 points and I had to use a backup RB. And still won.
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 01:35 PM) It'll be interesting to see how the season finishes. Alot of the top teams still play each other again
gmany3k Icon : (Today, 03:16 PM) anyone is this going to be nationaly televised game ?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:37 PM) it is not a nationally televised game
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:38 PM) we get screwed if we live outside the NY area
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:38 PM) have to stream it
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:38 PM) or wait till midnight when NFLN shows the game
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:09 PM) Horrible news about Eric Berry.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 05:32 PM) it feels weird that we have a game tonight and not yesterday
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 05:32 PM) and we have 2 back to back Monday Night games in a row is even weirder
RetireChrebet Icon : (Today, 05:52 PM) I have a hunch Percy harvin is going to have a huge game
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Draft Grades... Jets A+ Eat your heart out 115

#21 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 02 May 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

lol kid? i'm old enough to be your daddy probably

Which makes this thread all the more pathetic.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#22 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 02 May 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

didn't backtrack. someone asked for anywhere that said the jets got a average garde. i posted links when somebody said fan voting is stupid and not a good example i agreed. its not backtracking at all.

Honestly i can care less what sports writers think. i think its a bad move. were gonna suck this year and were gonna suck for a while idzik will get fired everyone will hate him and it'll start over again. In 4 years, i'll look like a prophet. if i'm wrong 4 years from now and we have a good team and are a contender you can gladly use this against me saying i was wrong and i'll admit to being wrong. but i expect the same from you when idzik fails

Predicting a Head Coach or GM will get fired is hardly prophetic...

Also, no one is saying Idzik is definitely going to lead this team to a championship...all we're saying is it is ridiculously premature to say he is definitely a shitty GM.
Posted Image

#23 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 02 May 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

Also, no one is saying Idzik is definitely going to lead this team to a championship...all we're saying is it is ridiculously premature to say he is definitely a shitty GM.

Agreed, not only are the chances of success for HCs and GMs small in the NFL. But the Jets don't exactly have a history of picking successful HCs and GMs.
Posted Image

#24 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 02 May 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

well in all fairness he has done a shitty job so far if anyone cares to take off their green colored glasses they wil see that
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#25 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 03 May 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

well in all fairness he has done a shitty job so far if anyone cares to take off their green colored glasses they wil see that

Just blind hate... :boredom:
Posted Image

#26 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 03 May 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:

Just blind hate... :boredom:/>

nope blind hate would have been when he was hired. i listed at least 10 things i feel he screwed up on. thats far from blind hate. its called justified hate
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#27 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 03 May 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

I have grown bored with you. I am moving on. Your dumped.
Posted Image

#28 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 03 May 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

nope blind hate would have been when he was hired. i listed at least 10 things i feel he screwed up on. thats far from blind hate. its called justified hate

Alright...this is my last effort at reason...

Let's look at the moves Idzik has made since his hire:

1. Traded Darrelle Revis.
- For starters, this directive obviously came down from Woody, since Woody said the Jets were looking to trade him before Idzik was even hired. So, we have to judge Idzik only on the trade itself, in which he got the 13th overall pick and a future 3rd for a CB coming off ACL surgery that no other team showed interest in trading for. He managed a very high pick with basically no leverage. I'd say this is a pretty good move all considering.

2. Cut the dead weight.
- He released several old or overpaid starters. This is a key part of rebuilding. Yes, he also let productive players like Mike DeVito go...but it would have cost too much to resign him. This is the kind of move a bad GM makes; overpaying for one-dimensional, average players. Guaranteed the Jets would have regretted signing DeVito in two years!

3. Signed good, cheap replacements.
- The guys like Antwan Barnes, Antonio Garay, and Dawan Landry aren't meant to usher in a new era of dominance for the team. They are guys who have the potential to outproduce their dollar value, which is all the Jets can hope for right now. They can't, nor should they, be signing big free agents to big dollars right now.

4. Signed Calvin Pace back to a cap friendly deal.
- Great move. Gives the Jets flexibility in the draft to get the best player available. I'm sure the Jets hope he doesn't play much, but if he does he won't hurt the team. That's important, while his playmaking days are behind him, the Jets won't have to worry about him making lots of mistakes either.

5. Drafted a CB, pass rushing interior DL, and QB in the first two rounds.
- You can debate the philosophy of trading away the best CB only to draft one in the first round. But, Milliner was the best CB by a lot in this draft, and many think will be a star. Richardson will hopefully fill a role the Jets haven't had since Trevor Pryce. Interior pass rushes might be the rarest breed in the NFL, so if you think you've found a good one...pounce. I am not the biggest fan of the Geno Smith pick, but if the Jets truly think he can be their franchise QB...you can't knock this pick.

6. Drafted solid OL prospects in the middle rounds.
- Unlike Idzik's predecessor, he seems to understand the importance of building depth on the OL in the middle rounds. I really like Winters and Aboushi, and think both will be starters at some point this season. These are great picks you'd have a tough time poking holes in...

7. Cut Tebow
- Duh.

8. Released scouts and FO people.
- He's going to bring in some of his own guys, something every new boss does in every profession. Get over it. And don't say he should have fired them before the draft, they were 9 months into a 12 month process with those guys...you can't replace what they had done for 9 months.

Like I said...I'm not saying Idzik is a great GM. But, you can't possibly know enough about him to go on the ridiculous rants you have 115.

Could the Revis trade turn out to be a disaster? Sure.

Could Geno Smith be cut in 2 years? Sure.

Could Idzik never be able to lure top quality FA's when the Jets think they are closer to a championship? Sure.

Could Idzik get the team in cap trouble by handing out bloated contracts to declining players both internal and external? Sure.

But...none of that has happened yet. So relax.
Posted Image

#29 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 03 May 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

- For starters, this directive obviously came down from Woody, since Woody said the Jets were looking to trade him before Idzik was even hired. So, we have to judge Idzik only on the trade itself, in which he got the 13th overall pick and a future 3rd for a CB coming off ACL surgery that no other team showed interest in trading for. He managed a very high pick with basically no leverage. I'd say this is a pretty good move all considering.

2. Cut the dead weight.
- He released several old or overpaid starters. This is a key part of rebuilding. Yes, he also let productive players like Mike DeVito go...but it would have cost too much to resign him. This is the kind of move a bad GM makes; overpaying for one-dimensional, average players. Guaranteed the Jets would have regretted signing DeVito in two years!

- The guys like Antwan Barnes, Antonio Garay, and Dawan Landry aren't meant to usher in a new era of dominance for the team. They are guys who have the potential to outproduce their dollar value, which is all the Jets can hope for right now. They can't, nor should they, be signing big free agents to big dollars right now.

- Great move. Gives the Jets flexibility in the draft to get the best player available. I'm sure the Jets hope he doesn't play much, but if he does he won't hurt the team. That's important, while his playmaking days are behind him, the Jets won't have to worry about him making lots of mistakes either.

- You can debate the philosophy of trading away the best CB only to draft one in the first round. But, Milliner was the best CB by a lot in this draft, and many think will be a star. Richardson will hopefully fill a role the Jets haven't had since Trevor Pryce. Interior pass rushes might be the rarest breed in the NFL, so if you think you've found a good one...pounce. I am not the biggest fan of the Geno Smith pick, but if the Jets truly think he can be their franchise QB...you can't knock this pick.

- Unlike Idzik's predecessor, he seems to understand the importance of building depth on the OL in the middle rounds. I really like Winters and Aboushi, and think both will be starters at some point this season. These are great picks you'd have a tough time poking holes in...

7. Cut Tebow
- Duh.

- He's going to bring in some of his own guys, something every new boss does in every profession. Get over it. And don't say he should have fired them before the draft, they were 9 months into a 12 month process with those guys...you can't replace what they had done for 9 months.

Like I said...I'm not saying Idzik is a great GM. But, you can't possibly know enough about him to go on the ridiculous rants you have 115.

Could Idzik never be able to lure top quality FA's when the Jets think they are closer to a championship? Sure.

Could Idzik get the team in cap trouble by handing out bloated contracts to declining players both internal and external? Sure.

Quote for emphasis. Great post! :drinks:
Posted Image

#30 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 03 May 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

2. Cut the dead weight.

7. Cut Tebow
- Duh.

1) ok lets give the benefit of the doubt and say that idzik had no choice but to trade revis. it was still handled poorly. and to say he had no choice isn't believable since it looked like we were gonna keep revis if TB didn't give up their 1st this year. but lets say ok its the case. he still handled it poorly. he should have just told revis that he was going to try to trade him and allow him and his agent to seek out a trade partner. agents are scum but they are dam good at finding ways to make money and upselling their clients. even if the agent got an extra team ro 2 interested it would have helped. plus it wouldn't have left revis in the dark either meaning he wouldn't have felt so upset with the team. sometimes its not your actions but they way you go about them. The whole thing was handled poorly and i felt we left something on the table.

2) i'm ok with devito going. he got paid alot for an average player. but guys like keller and slauson who signed cheap 1 year deals and are young starters and good draft picks should have been kept. losing a starting guard and a solid recieving TE is huge. keller has led the team in recieving for like 2 out of the past 4 years? you think it didn't hurt sanchez nothaving keller. you think keller wouldn't help geno as a safety blanket underneath? taht was a poor move. i understand pohua since he is getting old, and devito cause he got paid too much and even landry who was awesome but got alot of money for a safety elsewhere. but keller and slauson were terrible decisions

3) i don't mind those signings but again none of the are going to be anything great. they are stop gaps which are fine but every team does this. its not anything great he did for us.

4) same as 3

5) drafting the QB was good. saying that he wanted an offensive playmaker and a OLB pass rusher and then ignoring it was bad. now coples is moving out of position which doens't work very often.

6) I think the lineman were good picks. but unless 2 are gonna start right away our line isn't looking good this year.

7) no brainer, not really anything impressive on his part

8)we don't know why they were fired or why they were singled out. yes i know that he wants some of hsi guys. its normal, but you fire the guy who scouted the player you picked i the 2nd round? makes no sense. and plus he's been there what 1-2 months how could he know which scouts we had that were teh best and which ones weren't he could have fired our 2 best scouts and kept bad ones. nobody knows teh move was premature IMO
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#31 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:02 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 03 May 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

1) ok lets give the benefit of the doubt and say that idzik had no choice but to trade revis. it was still handled poorly. and to say he had no choice isn't believable since it looked like we were gonna keep revis if TB didn't give up their 1st this year. but lets say ok its the case. he still handled it poorly. he should have just told revis that he was going to try to trade him and allow him and his agent to seek out a trade partner. agents are scum but they are dam good at finding ways to make money and upselling their clients. even if the agent got an extra team ro 2 interested it would have helped. plus it wouldn't have left revis in the dark either meaning he wouldn't have felt so upset with the team. sometimes its not your actions but they way you go about them. The whole thing was handled poorly and i felt we left something on the table.

You don't know what he did or did not say to Revis. I think it's pretty obvious no other teams were interested. It wasn't a secret the Jets were trading Revis, so teams had plenty of time to work a deal out.

2) i'm ok with devito going. he got paid alot for an average player. but guys like keller and slauson who signed cheap 1 year deals and are young starters and good draft picks should have been kept. losing a starting guard and a solid recieving TE is huge. keller has led the team in recieving for like 2 out of the past 4 years? you think it didn't hurt sanchez nothaving keller. you think keller wouldn't help geno as a safety blanket underneath? taht was a poor move. i understand pohua since he is getting old, and devito cause he got paid too much and even landry who was awesome but got alot of money for a safety elsewhere. but keller and slauson were terrible decisions

I personally was never a big fan of Keller. I know that means nothing here, but judging by the fact both of those players got small, one year deals means there wasn't a lot of interest in their services. Again, just like Revis, if the Jets were so stupid for letting these guys go there would have been more teams lining up for them.

3) i don't mind those signings but again none of the are going to be anything great. they are stop gaps which are fine but every team does this. its not anything great he did for us.

Haha, no...you're right. Nothing special...but nothing bad either.

4) same as 3

5) drafting the QB was good. saying that he wanted an offensive playmaker and a OLB pass rusher and then ignoring it was bad. now coples is moving out of position which doens't work very often.

Does a QB not count as an offensive playmaker? I didn't read the OLB part, but given how the draft fell, what was he supposed to do? Don't you think it would have been a hell of a lot worse if he panicked and blew the whole draft by trading up for an Ezekiel Ansah?

6) I think the lineman were good picks. but unless 2 are gonna start right away our line isn't looking good this year.

True, but he signed 2 veterans who at the very least can be average starters, with the hope that the draft picks can take their jobs. Perfect.

7) no brainer, not really anything impressive on his part

8)we don't know why they were fired or why they were singled out. yes i know that he wants some of hsi guys. its normal, but you fire the guy who scouted the player you picked i the 2nd round? makes no sense. and plus he's been there what 1-2 months how could he know which scouts we had that were teh best and which ones weren't he could have fired our 2 best scouts and kept bad ones. nobody knows teh move was premature IMO

Premature? So you think it would have been better to let them start work scouting for next year's draft and wait a few months, only to fire them then, and waste several months worth of work? That's bad business. The scouts work for next year's draft starts right now, so why wait.

Posted Image

#32 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

:drinks:

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 03 May 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

2. Cut the dead weight.

7. Cut Tebow
- Duh.

:drinks:
Posted Image

#33 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

1) revis himself made it clear he had no idea what was happening. even rex seemed clueless.

2) they probably mean more to us then to the teams they left to. keller was our best WR for the past 2 years pretty much.

5) no you need a playmaker to help the young QB. when you say offense playmaker you think more of teh ones that help the QBs. the RBs, WRS, and TEs. i wouldn't consider o-line offense playmaker either

6) i injured guy who is old an dmight not play (colon) and who was the other one? we also still don't have a decent RT

8) maybe in 2 months he would have fired 2 diferent scouts that weren't doing good. again we don't know but there is no way idzik could accuratly judge them in that short amount of time
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#34 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

Do we know for a fact we did not try to offer Keller anything? I do not remember anything about that.
Posted Image

#35 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

115 is reaching on the scout thing, either that or he doesn't understand how things work in the NFL. It was common knowledge that Idzik would have to work with the previous guys in the scouting department, considering he was hired right around the senior bowl so there was too much work already done in that process. It was also common knowledge that after the draft he was going to bring in his own department. Other teams did this as well. It would be stupid to fire a scouting department so close to the draft, you would be at a huge disadvantage to the rest of the league.
Posted Image

#36 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:25 PM

115 is reaching on everything...I'm officially done with the Idzik debate.

I think I'll start talking about the 2014 draft now, because it makes me happy. :beach:
Posted Image

#37 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:25 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 03 May 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

Do we know for a fact we did not try to offer Keller anything? I do not remember anything about that.

According to Keller he said the JEts had a offer, but he chose the Dolphins over the Jets.

The Jets had a offer on Slauson as well, but they weren't in a position to overpay mediocre players. Its bad business to overpay mediocre players. Good NFL teams recognize who to pay and who you can replace through the draft. Slauson was replaced by Brian Winters. The Jets also signed 2 veterans on the OL. Willie Colon isn't a bad player when healthy.
Posted Image

#38 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 03 May 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

115 is reaching on the scout thing, either that or he doesn't understand how things work in the NFL. It was common knowledge that Idzik would have to work with the previous guys in the scouting department, considering he was hired right around the senior bowl so there was too much work already done in that process. It was also common knowledge that after the draft he was going to bring in his own department. Other teams did this as well. It would be stupid to fire a scouting department so close to the draft, you would be at a huge disadvantage to the rest of the league.

I believe 115 has become obsessed with Idzik. It does not matter what he does. Its his thing. His bit. His claim to fame. Idzik could have aquired Aaron Rogers with a spoon of peanut butter and 115 would be hating.
Posted Image

#39 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 03 May 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

I believe 115 has become obsessed with Idzik. It does not matter what he does. Its his thing. His bit. His claim to fame. Idzik could have aquired Aaron Rogers with a spoon of peanut butter and 115 would be hating.

Peanut butter would have been a steal!! If it were almond butter, though...that shit is expensive!
Posted Image

#40 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 03 May 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

According to Keller he said the JEts had a offer, but he chose the Dolphins over the Jets.

The Jets had a offer on Slauson as well, but they weren't in a position to overpay mediocre players. Its bad business to overpay mediocre players. Good NFL teams recognize who to pay and who you can replace through the draft. Slauson was replaced by Brian Winters. The Jets also signed 2 veterans on the OL. Willie Colon isn't a bad player when healthy.

Some speculation here... Keller left to get away from the Jets (assuming the $ was the same. The only other team to offer him a contract was Miami. If that is accurate I see 2 issues. 1) Keller wanting to leave this mess is on MT not Idzik. 2) if there was only one other team interested maybe we (as fans) had him overrated.
Posted Image

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users