NYJetsFan.com Forums: Draft Grades... Jets A+ - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS LACK OF REDZONE OFFENSE STILL CURSING THE DEFENSE
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:40 PM) Catch the f***ing ball nelson
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:40 PM) it all comes down to this
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:40 PM) David ha ha Nelson is a bum
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:40 PM) why didn't they talk about Kyle Fuler when torched for 51 yards by Salas?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:41 PM) Bullshit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:41 PM) f***
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:41 PM) How the f*** is that not interference
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:41 PM) That's flag 101 never looking back and pushing the WR
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 10:41 PM) How is that not PI?
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:41 PM) Never looked for the ball for a second
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:42 PM) Fuck this game fuck the refs fuck this team fuck the season. I'm over this shit
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:42 PM) That's bullshit
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:43 PM) On the bright side we get to play Detroit, San Diego, NE and denver in our next 4 games
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:44 PM) Oh look the refs gave the Jets another timeout. A timeout the Jets didn't even have. SMDH
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) Until we get rid of geno smith we are going nowhere. Bottom line. Dude is more erratic than romo
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) I'm really not feeling Geno Smith.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) Or any other QB in the league. Trade for Sanchez Now!
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:45 PM) We'd be 3-0 with Sanchez
SokeSleezy Icon : (Yesterday, 10:46 PM) Geno's needs to work on his accuracy,Stafford gonna kill us next week smh
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:46 PM) Yeah gonna go with a good old f*** Geno this week. He is still playing better than last year though
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:46 PM) People saying Sanchez sucks keep in mind he never had a chance to play in morningwegs system. He was held back by shottenheimer
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:47 PM) This team will never have a franchise QB. We can't draft them and when we sign or trade for them, they're past their primes.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) well
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) Because we destoy any promise in our young QBs with our elite offensive support talent.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) TIME TO CHANGE THE DIAPER
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) another game next week
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) 3-0 with Sanchez? Oh god...we've gone there already?
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) jets need more talent on O
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) and some god damn DBs
Mr_Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) Morninweg's system is get the offense going then throw a monkey wrench into things by putting the backup QB in there and f***ing up the offense's rhythm.
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:50 PM) Yes I went there. Geno spots these teams 7-10 points weekly and has turned the ball in the redzone 3 games in a row. If not for 2 dropped ints geno would have 4 picks. Dude sucks at best
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 10:51 PM) Then we got Chris ivory running like marshawn lynch out there and they sit him on the bench the whole fourth quarter
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 PM) I'd like to use the same excuse I used for Sanchez. QB can't really do shit when your best WR would be a #3 if he was lucky on any other team
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 PM) yeah but sanchez was shell shcoked
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:52 PM) jets werent fixing him
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:53 PM) Geno will be to after another year or two of this shit.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:53 PM) What's kerleys contract like
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:53 PM) because if he's underpaid I don't see him sticking around
XvNukemHighvX Icon : (Yesterday, 10:54 PM) he only looks good because our O is so bad.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:54 PM) I bet a lot of teams have their eye on him
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:56 PM) Decker doesn't need to play until he is completely healthy
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:58 PM) FIRE IDZIK
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:08 PM) How big was the Sheldon Richardson fumble recovery not being a TD. We quickly went three and out after that
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:43 PM) Idzik better not be stingy this offseason and address the biggest issues we have WR and Secondary
RetireChrebet Icon : (Yesterday, 11:47 PM) King mo says he's ok, injury is minor
Resize Shouts Area

  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

Draft Grades... Jets A+ Eat your heart out 115

#21 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

  • Special Teams
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 290
  • Joined: 24-January 10

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 02 May 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

lol kid? i'm old enough to be your daddy probably


Which makes this thread all the more pathetic.
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach
0

#22 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,693
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 02 May 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

didn't backtrack. someone asked for anywhere that said the jets got a average garde. i posted links when somebody said fan voting is stupid and not a good example i agreed. its not backtracking at all.

Honestly i can care less what sports writers think. i think its a bad move. were gonna suck this year and were gonna suck for a while idzik will get fired everyone will hate him and it'll start over again. In 4 years, i'll look like a prophet. if i'm wrong 4 years from now and we have a good team and are a contender you can gladly use this against me saying i was wrong and i'll admit to being wrong. but i expect the same from you when idzik fails


Predicting a Head Coach or GM will get fired is hardly prophetic...

Also, no one is saying Idzik is definitely going to lead this team to a championship...all we're saying is it is ridiculously premature to say he is definitely a shitty GM.
Posted Image
0

#23 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,990
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 02 May 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

Predicting a Head Coach or GM will get fired is hardly prophetic...

Also, no one is saying Idzik is definitely going to lead this team to a championship...all we're saying is it is ridiculously premature to say he is definitely a shitty GM.


Agreed, not only are the chances of success for HCs and GMs small in the NFL. But the Jets don't exactly have a history of picking successful HCs and GMs.
Posted Image
0

#24 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,583
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 02 May 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

Predicting a Head Coach or GM will get fired is hardly prophetic...

Also, no one is saying Idzik is definitely going to lead this team to a championship...all we're saying is it is ridiculously premature to say he is definitely a shitty GM.


well in all fairness he has done a shitty job so far if anyone cares to take off their green colored glasses they wil see that
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#25 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,990
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 03 May 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

well in all fairness he has done a shitty job so far if anyone cares to take off their green colored glasses they wil see that


Just blind hate... :boredom:
Posted Image
0

#26 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,583
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 03 May 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:

Just blind hate... :boredom:/>


nope blind hate would have been when he was hired. i listed at least 10 things i feel he screwed up on. thats far from blind hate. its called justified hate
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#27 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,906
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 03 May 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

well in all fairness he has done a shitty job so far if anyone cares to take off their green colored glasses they wil see that

I have grown bored with you. I am moving on. Your dumped.
Posted Image
0

#28 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,693
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 03 May 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

nope blind hate would have been when he was hired. i listed at least 10 things i feel he screwed up on. thats far from blind hate. its called justified hate


Alright...this is my last effort at reason...

Let's look at the moves Idzik has made since his hire:

1. Traded Darrelle Revis.
- For starters, this directive obviously came down from Woody, since Woody said the Jets were looking to trade him before Idzik was even hired. So, we have to judge Idzik only on the trade itself, in which he got the 13th overall pick and a future 3rd for a CB coming off ACL surgery that no other team showed interest in trading for. He managed a very high pick with basically no leverage. I'd say this is a pretty good move all considering.

2. Cut the dead weight.
- He released several old or overpaid starters. This is a key part of rebuilding. Yes, he also let productive players like Mike DeVito go...but it would have cost too much to resign him. This is the kind of move a bad GM makes; overpaying for one-dimensional, average players. Guaranteed the Jets would have regretted signing DeVito in two years!

3. Signed good, cheap replacements.
- The guys like Antwan Barnes, Antonio Garay, and Dawan Landry aren't meant to usher in a new era of dominance for the team. They are guys who have the potential to outproduce their dollar value, which is all the Jets can hope for right now. They can't, nor should they, be signing big free agents to big dollars right now.

4. Signed Calvin Pace back to a cap friendly deal.
- Great move. Gives the Jets flexibility in the draft to get the best player available. I'm sure the Jets hope he doesn't play much, but if he does he won't hurt the team. That's important, while his playmaking days are behind him, the Jets won't have to worry about him making lots of mistakes either.

5. Drafted a CB, pass rushing interior DL, and QB in the first two rounds.
- You can debate the philosophy of trading away the best CB only to draft one in the first round. But, Milliner was the best CB by a lot in this draft, and many think will be a star. Richardson will hopefully fill a role the Jets haven't had since Trevor Pryce. Interior pass rushes might be the rarest breed in the NFL, so if you think you've found a good one...pounce. I am not the biggest fan of the Geno Smith pick, but if the Jets truly think he can be their franchise QB...you can't knock this pick.

6. Drafted solid OL prospects in the middle rounds.
- Unlike Idzik's predecessor, he seems to understand the importance of building depth on the OL in the middle rounds. I really like Winters and Aboushi, and think both will be starters at some point this season. These are great picks you'd have a tough time poking holes in...

7. Cut Tebow
- Duh.

8. Released scouts and FO people.
- He's going to bring in some of his own guys, something every new boss does in every profession. Get over it. And don't say he should have fired them before the draft, they were 9 months into a 12 month process with those guys...you can't replace what they had done for 9 months.

Like I said...I'm not saying Idzik is a great GM. But, you can't possibly know enough about him to go on the ridiculous rants you have 115.

Could the Revis trade turn out to be a disaster? Sure.

Could Geno Smith be cut in 2 years? Sure.

Could Idzik never be able to lure top quality FA's when the Jets think they are closer to a championship? Sure.

Could Idzik get the team in cap trouble by handing out bloated contracts to declining players both internal and external? Sure.

But...none of that has happened yet. So relax.
Posted Image
1

#29 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,990
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 03 May 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

Alright...this is my last effort at reason...

Let's look at the moves Idzik has made since his hire:

1. Traded Darrelle Revis.
- For starters, this directive obviously came down from Woody, since Woody said the Jets were looking to trade him before Idzik was even hired. So, we have to judge Idzik only on the trade itself, in which he got the 13th overall pick and a future 3rd for a CB coming off ACL surgery that no other team showed interest in trading for. He managed a very high pick with basically no leverage. I'd say this is a pretty good move all considering.

2. Cut the dead weight.
- He released several old or overpaid starters. This is a key part of rebuilding. Yes, he also let productive players like Mike DeVito go...but it would have cost too much to resign him. This is the kind of move a bad GM makes; overpaying for one-dimensional, average players. Guaranteed the Jets would have regretted signing DeVito in two years!

3. Signed good, cheap replacements.
- The guys like Antwan Barnes, Antonio Garay, and Dawan Landry aren't meant to usher in a new era of dominance for the team. They are guys who have the potential to outproduce their dollar value, which is all the Jets can hope for right now. They can't, nor should they, be signing big free agents to big dollars right now.

4. Signed Calvin Pace back to a cap friendly deal.
- Great move. Gives the Jets flexibility in the draft to get the best player available. I'm sure the Jets hope he doesn't play much, but if he does he won't hurt the team. That's important, while his playmaking days are behind him, the Jets won't have to worry about him making lots of mistakes either.

5. Drafted a CB, pass rushing interior DL, and QB in the first two rounds.
- You can debate the philosophy of trading away the best CB only to draft one in the first round. But, Milliner was the best CB by a lot in this draft, and many think will be a star. Richardson will hopefully fill a role the Jets haven't had since Trevor Pryce. Interior pass rushes might be the rarest breed in the NFL, so if you think you've found a good one...pounce. I am not the biggest fan of the Geno Smith pick, but if the Jets truly think he can be their franchise QB...you can't knock this pick.

6. Drafted solid OL prospects in the middle rounds.
- Unlike Idzik's predecessor, he seems to understand the importance of building depth on the OL in the middle rounds. I really like Winters and Aboushi, and think both will be starters at some point this season. These are great picks you'd have a tough time poking holes in...

7. Cut Tebow
- Duh.

8. Released scouts and FO people.
- He's going to bring in some of his own guys, something every new boss does in every profession. Get over it. And don't say he should have fired them before the draft, they were 9 months into a 12 month process with those guys...you can't replace what they had done for 9 months.

Like I said...I'm not saying Idzik is a great GM. But, you can't possibly know enough about him to go on the ridiculous rants you have 115.

Could the Revis trade turn out to be a disaster? Sure.

Could Geno Smith be cut in 2 years? Sure.

Could Idzik never be able to lure top quality FA's when the Jets think they are closer to a championship? Sure.

Could Idzik get the team in cap trouble by handing out bloated contracts to declining players both internal and external? Sure.

But...none of that has happened yet. So relax.


Quote for emphasis. Great post! :drinks:
Posted Image
0

#30 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,583
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 03 May 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

Alright...this is my last effort at reason...

Let's look at the moves Idzik has made since his hire:

1. Traded Darrelle Revis.
- For starters, this directive obviously came down from Woody, since Woody said the Jets were looking to trade him before Idzik was even hired. So, we have to judge Idzik only on the trade itself, in which he got the 13th overall pick and a future 3rd for a CB coming off ACL surgery that no other team showed interest in trading for. He managed a very high pick with basically no leverage. I'd say this is a pretty good move all considering.

2. Cut the dead weight.
- He released several old or overpaid starters. This is a key part of rebuilding. Yes, he also let productive players like Mike DeVito go...but it would have cost too much to resign him. This is the kind of move a bad GM makes; overpaying for one-dimensional, average players. Guaranteed the Jets would have regretted signing DeVito in two years!

3. Signed good, cheap replacements.
- The guys like Antwan Barnes, Antonio Garay, and Dawan Landry aren't meant to usher in a new era of dominance for the team. They are guys who have the potential to outproduce their dollar value, which is all the Jets can hope for right now. They can't, nor should they, be signing big free agents to big dollars right now.

4. Signed Calvin Pace back to a cap friendly deal.
- Great move. Gives the Jets flexibility in the draft to get the best player available. I'm sure the Jets hope he doesn't play much, but if he does he won't hurt the team. That's important, while his playmaking days are behind him, the Jets won't have to worry about him making lots of mistakes either.

5. Drafted a CB, pass rushing interior DL, and QB in the first two rounds.
- You can debate the philosophy of trading away the best CB only to draft one in the first round. But, Milliner was the best CB by a lot in this draft, and many think will be a star. Richardson will hopefully fill a role the Jets haven't had since Trevor Pryce. Interior pass rushes might be the rarest breed in the NFL, so if you think you've found a good one...pounce. I am not the biggest fan of the Geno Smith pick, but if the Jets truly think he can be their franchise QB...you can't knock this pick.

6. Drafted solid OL prospects in the middle rounds.
- Unlike Idzik's predecessor, he seems to understand the importance of building depth on the OL in the middle rounds. I really like Winters and Aboushi, and think both will be starters at some point this season. These are great picks you'd have a tough time poking holes in...

7. Cut Tebow
- Duh.

8. Released scouts and FO people.
- He's going to bring in some of his own guys, something every new boss does in every profession. Get over it. And don't say he should have fired them before the draft, they were 9 months into a 12 month process with those guys...you can't replace what they had done for 9 months.

Like I said...I'm not saying Idzik is a great GM. But, you can't possibly know enough about him to go on the ridiculous rants you have 115.

Could the Revis trade turn out to be a disaster? Sure.

Could Geno Smith be cut in 2 years? Sure.

Could Idzik never be able to lure top quality FA's when the Jets think they are closer to a championship? Sure.

Could Idzik get the team in cap trouble by handing out bloated contracts to declining players both internal and external? Sure.

But...none of that has happened yet. So relax.


1) ok lets give the benefit of the doubt and say that idzik had no choice but to trade revis. it was still handled poorly. and to say he had no choice isn't believable since it looked like we were gonna keep revis if TB didn't give up their 1st this year. but lets say ok its the case. he still handled it poorly. he should have just told revis that he was going to try to trade him and allow him and his agent to seek out a trade partner. agents are scum but they are dam good at finding ways to make money and upselling their clients. even if the agent got an extra team ro 2 interested it would have helped. plus it wouldn't have left revis in the dark either meaning he wouldn't have felt so upset with the team. sometimes its not your actions but they way you go about them. The whole thing was handled poorly and i felt we left something on the table.

2) i'm ok with devito going. he got paid alot for an average player. but guys like keller and slauson who signed cheap 1 year deals and are young starters and good draft picks should have been kept. losing a starting guard and a solid recieving TE is huge. keller has led the team in recieving for like 2 out of the past 4 years? you think it didn't hurt sanchez nothaving keller. you think keller wouldn't help geno as a safety blanket underneath? taht was a poor move. i understand pohua since he is getting old, and devito cause he got paid too much and even landry who was awesome but got alot of money for a safety elsewhere. but keller and slauson were terrible decisions

3) i don't mind those signings but again none of the are going to be anything great. they are stop gaps which are fine but every team does this. its not anything great he did for us.

4) same as 3

5) drafting the QB was good. saying that he wanted an offensive playmaker and a OLB pass rusher and then ignoring it was bad. now coples is moving out of position which doens't work very often.

6) I think the lineman were good picks. but unless 2 are gonna start right away our line isn't looking good this year.

7) no brainer, not really anything impressive on his part

8)we don't know why they were fired or why they were singled out. yes i know that he wants some of hsi guys. its normal, but you fire the guy who scouted the player you picked i the 2nd round? makes no sense. and plus he's been there what 1-2 months how could he know which scouts we had that were teh best and which ones weren't he could have fired our 2 best scouts and kept bad ones. nobody knows teh move was premature IMO
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#31 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,693
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:02 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 03 May 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

1) ok lets give the benefit of the doubt and say that idzik had no choice but to trade revis. it was still handled poorly. and to say he had no choice isn't believable since it looked like we were gonna keep revis if TB didn't give up their 1st this year. but lets say ok its the case. he still handled it poorly. he should have just told revis that he was going to try to trade him and allow him and his agent to seek out a trade partner. agents are scum but they are dam good at finding ways to make money and upselling their clients. even if the agent got an extra team ro 2 interested it would have helped. plus it wouldn't have left revis in the dark either meaning he wouldn't have felt so upset with the team. sometimes its not your actions but they way you go about them. The whole thing was handled poorly and i felt we left something on the table.

You don't know what he did or did not say to Revis. I think it's pretty obvious no other teams were interested. It wasn't a secret the Jets were trading Revis, so teams had plenty of time to work a deal out.

2) i'm ok with devito going. he got paid alot for an average player. but guys like keller and slauson who signed cheap 1 year deals and are young starters and good draft picks should have been kept. losing a starting guard and a solid recieving TE is huge. keller has led the team in recieving for like 2 out of the past 4 years? you think it didn't hurt sanchez nothaving keller. you think keller wouldn't help geno as a safety blanket underneath? taht was a poor move. i understand pohua since he is getting old, and devito cause he got paid too much and even landry who was awesome but got alot of money for a safety elsewhere. but keller and slauson were terrible decisions

I personally was never a big fan of Keller. I know that means nothing here, but judging by the fact both of those players got small, one year deals means there wasn't a lot of interest in their services. Again, just like Revis, if the Jets were so stupid for letting these guys go there would have been more teams lining up for them.

3) i don't mind those signings but again none of the are going to be anything great. they are stop gaps which are fine but every team does this. its not anything great he did for us.

Haha, no...you're right. Nothing special...but nothing bad either.

4) same as 3

5) drafting the QB was good. saying that he wanted an offensive playmaker and a OLB pass rusher and then ignoring it was bad. now coples is moving out of position which doens't work very often.

Does a QB not count as an offensive playmaker? I didn't read the OLB part, but given how the draft fell, what was he supposed to do? Don't you think it would have been a hell of a lot worse if he panicked and blew the whole draft by trading up for an Ezekiel Ansah?

6) I think the lineman were good picks. but unless 2 are gonna start right away our line isn't looking good this year.

True, but he signed 2 veterans who at the very least can be average starters, with the hope that the draft picks can take their jobs. Perfect.

7) no brainer, not really anything impressive on his part

8)we don't know why they were fired or why they were singled out. yes i know that he wants some of hsi guys. its normal, but you fire the guy who scouted the player you picked i the 2nd round? makes no sense. and plus he's been there what 1-2 months how could he know which scouts we had that were teh best and which ones weren't he could have fired our 2 best scouts and kept bad ones. nobody knows teh move was premature IMO

Premature? So you think it would have been better to let them start work scouting for next year's draft and wait a few months, only to fire them then, and waste several months worth of work? That's bad business. The scouts work for next year's draft starts right now, so why wait.

Posted Image
0

#32 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,906
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

:drinks:

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 03 May 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

Alright...this is my last effort at reason...

Let's look at the moves Idzik has made since his hire:

1. Traded Darrelle Revis.
- For starters, this directive obviously came down from Woody, since Woody said the Jets were looking to trade him before Idzik was even hired. So, we have to judge Idzik only on the trade itself, in which he got the 13th overall pick and a future 3rd for a CB coming off ACL surgery that no other team showed interest in trading for. He managed a very high pick with basically no leverage. I'd say this is a pretty good move all considering.

2. Cut the dead weight.
- He released several old or overpaid starters. This is a key part of rebuilding. Yes, he also let productive players like Mike DeVito go...but it would have cost too much to resign him. This is the kind of move a bad GM makes; overpaying for one-dimensional, average players. Guaranteed the Jets would have regretted signing DeVito in two years!

3. Signed good, cheap replacements.
- The guys like Antwan Barnes, Antonio Garay, and Dawan Landry aren't meant to usher in a new era of dominance for the team. They are guys who have the potential to outproduce their dollar value, which is all the Jets can hope for right now. They can't, nor should they, be signing big free agents to big dollars right now.

4. Signed Calvin Pace back to a cap friendly deal.
- Great move. Gives the Jets flexibility in the draft to get the best player available. I'm sure the Jets hope he doesn't play much, but if he does he won't hurt the team. That's important, while his playmaking days are behind him, the Jets won't have to worry about him making lots of mistakes either.

5. Drafted a CB, pass rushing interior DL, and QB in the first two rounds.
- You can debate the philosophy of trading away the best CB only to draft one in the first round. But, Milliner was the best CB by a lot in this draft, and many think will be a star. Richardson will hopefully fill a role the Jets haven't had since Trevor Pryce. Interior pass rushes might be the rarest breed in the NFL, so if you think you've found a good one...pounce. I am not the biggest fan of the Geno Smith pick, but if the Jets truly think he can be their franchise QB...you can't knock this pick.

6. Drafted solid OL prospects in the middle rounds.
- Unlike Idzik's predecessor, he seems to understand the importance of building depth on the OL in the middle rounds. I really like Winters and Aboushi, and think both will be starters at some point this season. These are great picks you'd have a tough time poking holes in...

7. Cut Tebow
- Duh.

8. Released scouts and FO people.
- He's going to bring in some of his own guys, something every new boss does in every profession. Get over it. And don't say he should have fired them before the draft, they were 9 months into a 12 month process with those guys...you can't replace what they had done for 9 months.

Like I said...I'm not saying Idzik is a great GM. But, you can't possibly know enough about him to go on the ridiculous rants you have 115.

Could the Revis trade turn out to be a disaster? Sure.

Could Geno Smith be cut in 2 years? Sure.

Could Idzik never be able to lure top quality FA's when the Jets think they are closer to a championship? Sure.

Could Idzik get the team in cap trouble by handing out bloated contracts to declining players both internal and external? Sure.

But...none of that has happened yet. So relax.

:drinks:
Posted Image
0

#33 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,583
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

1) revis himself made it clear he had no idea what was happening. even rex seemed clueless.

2) they probably mean more to us then to the teams they left to. keller was our best WR for the past 2 years pretty much.

5) no you need a playmaker to help the young QB. when you say offense playmaker you think more of teh ones that help the QBs. the RBs, WRS, and TEs. i wouldn't consider o-line offense playmaker either

6) i injured guy who is old an dmight not play (colon) and who was the other one? we also still don't have a decent RT

8) maybe in 2 months he would have fired 2 diferent scouts that weren't doing good. again we don't know but there is no way idzik could accuratly judge them in that short amount of time
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#34 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,906
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

Do we know for a fact we did not try to offer Keller anything? I do not remember anything about that.
Posted Image
0

#35 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,990
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

115 is reaching on the scout thing, either that or he doesn't understand how things work in the NFL. It was common knowledge that Idzik would have to work with the previous guys in the scouting department, considering he was hired right around the senior bowl so there was too much work already done in that process. It was also common knowledge that after the draft he was going to bring in his own department. Other teams did this as well. It would be stupid to fire a scouting department so close to the draft, you would be at a huge disadvantage to the rest of the league.
Posted Image
0

#36 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,693
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:25 PM

115 is reaching on everything...I'm officially done with the Idzik debate.

I think I'll start talking about the 2014 draft now, because it makes me happy. :beach:
Posted Image
0

#37 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 16,990
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:25 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 03 May 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

Do we know for a fact we did not try to offer Keller anything? I do not remember anything about that.


According to Keller he said the JEts had a offer, but he chose the Dolphins over the Jets.

The Jets had a offer on Slauson as well, but they weren't in a position to overpay mediocre players. Its bad business to overpay mediocre players. Good NFL teams recognize who to pay and who you can replace through the draft. Slauson was replaced by Brian Winters. The Jets also signed 2 veterans on the OL. Willie Colon isn't a bad player when healthy.
Posted Image
0

#38 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,906
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 03 May 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

115 is reaching on the scout thing, either that or he doesn't understand how things work in the NFL. It was common knowledge that Idzik would have to work with the previous guys in the scouting department, considering he was hired right around the senior bowl so there was too much work already done in that process. It was also common knowledge that after the draft he was going to bring in his own department. Other teams did this as well. It would be stupid to fire a scouting department so close to the draft, you would be at a huge disadvantage to the rest of the league.


I believe 115 has become obsessed with Idzik. It does not matter what he does. Its his thing. His bit. His claim to fame. Idzik could have aquired Aaron Rogers with a spoon of peanut butter and 115 would be hating.
Posted Image
0

#39 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,693
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 03 May 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

I believe 115 has become obsessed with Idzik. It does not matter what he does. Its his thing. His bit. His claim to fame. Idzik could have aquired Aaron Rogers with a spoon of peanut butter and 115 would be hating.


Peanut butter would have been a steal!! If it were almond butter, though...that shit is expensive!
Posted Image
0

#40 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,906
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 03 May 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

According to Keller he said the JEts had a offer, but he chose the Dolphins over the Jets.

The Jets had a offer on Slauson as well, but they weren't in a position to overpay mediocre players. Its bad business to overpay mediocre players. Good NFL teams recognize who to pay and who you can replace through the draft. Slauson was replaced by Brian Winters. The Jets also signed 2 veterans on the OL. Willie Colon isn't a bad player when healthy.


Some speculation here... Keller left to get away from the Jets (assuming the $ was the same. The only other team to offer him a contract was Miami. If that is accurate I see 2 issues. 1) Keller wanting to leave this mess is on MT not Idzik. 2) if there was only one other team interested maybe we (as fans) had him overrated.
Posted Image
0

  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users