NYJetsFan.com Forums: Hill Struggled With “Whole Football Concept” Last Season - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:53 PM) The Jets made it interesting and still accomplished what they needed to.
mgjetman Icon : (Today, 03:53 PM) The Stars and Stripes on the helmet.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:53 PM) Rex showed how good of a defensive coach he is today, he'll have his suitors.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 04:05 PM) NFC south sucks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 04:06 PM) under 500 team going to win the iv
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 04:06 PM) for sure now
jetfan4life12 Icon : (Today, 04:18 PM) No 0099 last week we messed up by winning. We couldn't have lost another spot in the draft. Oh and BTW, it's the effing pats!
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 04:19 PM) Washington won so I belive we are 5 now
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 04:23 PM) Actually don't we win the tie breaker with Jax? So fourth?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 04:32 PM) I haven't paid attention to the tiebreakers, I'll wait to see what it looks like after next week.
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 04:39 PM) Read my DRAFT thread. No we DONT have 4th. Ive been updating it
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 04:40 PM) Wow the AFC has 11 teams with 8 wins or more right now
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 04:40 PM) 12
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 04:40 PM) 13 if cle wins next week
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 04:40 PM) draft order (1)Wins
(2)Schedule strength (harder schedule strength lower pick not higher)
(3) conference wins)
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 04:41 PM) HAHA my bad
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 04:42 PM) 11 teams with 8 wins and 12 if cle wins next week
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 04:51 PM) The draft order isn't like the playoffs. Head to head games are way down on the list. Its clearly listed Wins first then schedule strength then conference wins. Its not hard to do a simple search
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 04:54 PM) The teams above us that need a QB are the Bucs and maybe Titans
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 04:54 PM) Zach Mettenberger seems promising, but they could still go QB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 04:54 PM) The Raiders and Jaguars won't draft QB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:00 PM) Jets interested in Todd Bowles? Not my favorite HC candidate. More of the same for woody...
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:03 PM) hire another rookie DC. If we keep Idzik too, I'd be pissed.
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 05:10 PM) Heck the Raiders Buffalo game is the only good game. Colts and Rams getting blown out. I figured the Dallas Indy game would be better
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 05:11 PM) It would be nice to see the raiders get the win to move up a spot but Im not sure about any of the qbs i this draft so I really dont think it matters
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 05:13 PM) might be better off rolling the dice and moving down a few spots to get more picks unless there is a solid olinemanworth taking at the 4th or 5th spot
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 05:14 PM) Id rather the Jets go after Cutler than take a chance on a first round qb this year.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:14 PM) Without Luck, the Colts are trash
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 05:15 PM) SUCK FOR THE DUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 05:15 PM) !!!!
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 05:15 PM) They were trash without manning too.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:16 PM) f*** THE DUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 05:16 PM) GASP!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 05:16 PM) How dare u say that
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:17 PM) I'm excited to start researching potential draft prospects for us, I have no idea really who the top guys are this year.
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 05:17 PM) Look at all the first round top qb draft pick busts over the years. Even most of the analysts arent sure about any of the qbs this year
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 05:17 PM) I can not believe u could post such a thing about THE DUCK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:17 PM) I'll be more excited if Idzik was fired. I'm interested to see who our next HC is too
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 05:19 PM) Bill cowher and THE DUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 05:20 PM) FIGHT in the Giants rams game
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 05:20 PM) FIGHT FIGHT TIGHT
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 05:20 PM) FIGHT
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 05:20 PM) FIGHT
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 05:20 PM) !!!!!!!
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 05:20 PM) Leaf , Russell, Harrington,Young, Carr....... All picked with the first 3 picks
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Hill Struggled With “Whole Football Concept” Last Season

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

Stephen Hill struggled with “whole football concept” last season

If you’re the sort of football player who has trouble with intense media scrutiny of you and your team, the New York Jets were about the worst possible team for you to wind up playing for in 2012.

Wide receiver Stephen Hill is just such a player and he admits that the glare of the spotlight trained on the team last season was one of the reasons why he struggled to perform well after a two-touchdown debut in a rout of the Bills. Hill explained to Conor Orr of the Newark Star-Ledger that dealing with the media as well as trying to handle a new offense while battling through injuries left the second-round pick at sea in his rookie season.

“It’s not hard, it’s just annoying,” Hill said. “We’re always on ESPN for something, and it was just a lot. It put pressure on learning, and then having to explain if I messed up, so that’s where most of the pressure was. It probably did throw me off during games, you’re just out there running. That’s what it felt like. I was out there running but I didn’t understand the whole football concept.”

Hill says he’s now looking at the whole year as a “learning experience.” For his sake, you’d hope that one of the lessons learned was that leaning on things like injuries or the media as excuses for poor play don’t tend to engender much sympathy when you’re a starter in the NFL since they are difficulties everyone has to deal with during their careers. Hill is hardly the first rookie wideout to struggle, though, so there’s plenty of reason to think he’ll be better the second time around, including Jets wide receivers coach Sanjay Lal’s outline of a systemic plan similar to the one he used to help Darrius Heyward-Bey steadily improve after a rough rookie year when both men were employed by the Raiders.

The play of the quarterbacks will surely have a lot to do with how much Hill is able to do in his second season, but an understanding of the “whole football concept” is going to be a necessary thing for Hill to get regardless of who is throwing him passes.

http://profootballta...pt-last-season/

#2 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

The "football concept" has nothing to do with his ability to catch. Sounds like a cop-out that he will hopefully get over and catch the damn ball!!
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

#3 User is offline   jet-man Icon

• Drafted Rookie
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

He's a body catcher. As a former db he helps me with that tendency because he negates his height and length by not catching with his hands. I would play trail technique on verticals and stay at his mid section on crossing routes. He can get better but sometimes you can't teach hands.

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

Fire idzik!

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users