NYJetsFan.com Forums: Wvu Oc On Geno Smith - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop another game vs Lions. Offense is bad
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:57 PM) fuck that penalty
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:57 PM) "going on your knees" stupidest shit ever
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:57 PM) let them do the end zone celebrations
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:59 PM) thank you KC for slaughtering these overrated fucks
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 09:59 PM) Brady watching too much geno tape
Chaos Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:00 PM) brady to the bench
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:00 PM) Oh god what has KC done! GARAPAPOLLO UNLEASHED
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) I hope someone lays a Mo Lewis on Garapapolo
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:01 PM) square in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:02 PM) so brady can get his knee broken again
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) I'm scared
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:03 PM) this kid might be legit
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) IT WASNT WORTH IT
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) cmon KC
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) wtf
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) f***
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:04 PM) they let the rookie just drive it on them
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:05 PM) now KC needs a TD
santana Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:06 PM) It wasn't worth it :(
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:15 PM) KC has some big ol boys
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:19 PM) TY KC for bringing these overrated fucks back down to earth
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:22 PM) I think 03 should be a mod. I think everyone should be.
azjetfan Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:23 PM) What do we have to loose?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) our O better get their shit together starting this Sunday
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) we need to be on our A game when we play Denver and the CHEATriots
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) and Buffalo doesn't scare me
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 10:34 PM) but these next 3 games better get it's shit together
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 September 2014 - 11:01 PM) maybe Idzik knew that MEvis was not as good anymore
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 AM) Nah, fire idzik
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:12 AM) Milber is expected to play this week, how nice of him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:14 AM) The chargers are going to be tough
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:22 AM) well there is a silver lining to this season, tom brady sucks and so do the pats
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:48 AM) Jets sign John Conner back, with Bohannon injured at FB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:49 AM) that is why they should consider starting Vick, they could compete for the divsion with solid QB play. Can Rex really afford to sit there waiting for things to click with Geno while he keeps throwing INTs?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:26 PM) i didn't even notive bohannon was hurt
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:28 PM) vick gives us a chance to win now, geno can still learn as a backup
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:28 PM) I miss T Bo already
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:35 PM) The raiders are a dumpster fire
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:36 PM) they are naming Tony Sparano yes that Tony Sparano formally the OC of the NYJ and the wildcat whacko from Miami is the new interim HC for the Oakland Gayders
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:39 PM) well good thing we got rid of LaRon Landry since he just got suspended for PED's
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:08 PM) i'm not suprised. that guy looked like he was on roids
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:10 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:37 AM) fantasy help - Rivers and DJax for Dez and Tannehill? i'll be getting dez and tannehill. i'm the one proposing the trade.
Chaos Icon : (Today, 09:41 AM) i have brees starting. they have eli.
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Wvu Oc On Geno Smith I'm tired of being the only one bringing shit to the table!

#1 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

West Virginia offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson has heard the words thrown around to describe his former protégé Geno Smith — brat ... gimmick ... coddled ... marginal work ethic — and wonders if they’re talking about the same quarterback he coached for two years.

“I never got the sense he was a diva or pampered or anything in my involvement with him,” Dawson said. “I never had one problem with him other than he watched too much film.”

“In my talks with him after the draft, he’s so fired up right now to prove this [jerk] wrong that he’s going to work and do it.”

http://www.ganggreen...-his-work-ethic

#2 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

It's just that stigma about black QBs is all that shit is. Bullshit but it is what it is.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 09 May 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

It's just that stigma about black QBs is all that shit is. Bullshit but it is what it is.

Nah I don't buy that any more. 3 years ago, yea. Now? Russel Wilson and RG3 are the hottest QBs in the league. Teddy Bridgewater is teh best QB prospect next year. The paradigm has shifted. Most of the shit that is landing on Geno has more to do with the fact that Jets drafted him rather than anything else. It's deemed that whoever we draft is "going to be a bust so lets figure out why".

#4 User is online   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 09 May 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

Nah I don't buy that any more. 3 years ago, yea. Now? Russel Wilson and RG3 are the hottest QBs in the league. Teddy Bridgewater is teh best QB prospect next year. The paradigm has shifted. Most of the shit that is landing on Geno has more to do with the fact that Jets drafted him rather than anything else. It's deemed that whoever we draft is "going to be a bust so lets figure out why".

No.

It has to do with before the draft workouts and interviews him clearly being a top 10 pick. Then plummeting. Everyone is trying to put their thumb on why.

#5 User is online   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 09 May 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

No.

It has to do with before the draft workouts and interviews him clearly being a top 10 pick. Then plummeting. Everyone is trying to put their thumb on why.

Rodgers plummeted. he could have been 1st overall if SF didn't want their hometown boy. and look how good he turned out
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 09 May 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

I mean is it as prevalent as it once was? Absolutely not. However it has to do with a LOT of nitpicking thrown Geno's way whether we admit it (or realize it) or not
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 09 May 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

I mean is it as prevalent as it once was? Absolutely not. However it has to do with a LOT of nitpicking thrown Geno's way whether we admit it (or realize it) or not

I don't want to discount it, because I'm sure to some writer's it is(at least subconsciously) on their mind. But, we didn't hear ANY of this talk before the draft...so it's hard to put this on race. This is all about falling out of the first round and going to the "circus" Jets, where the media is desperately looking for some ratings crutch to replace Tebow.

Like all the BS about 6 QB's on the roster, wwwuuuaaaahhhh!!!!! As if everyone and their mother didn't know that Tebow, Sims, and either McElroy/Garrard wouldn't be on the opening day roster. But it made for good headlines, I guess?
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 09 May 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

No.

Disagree. If he were drafted at #38 by either Giants/Steelers/Broncos/Pats/9ers/Ravens (just imagine one of them picking at #38, one spot ahead of us) they would automatically get a A+ for this selection and Geno would be the epitome of the "smart team picks great player who fell because idiot teams like teh Jets can't never get it right". Since he was picked by the Jets, well, clearly something must be wrong with him.

#9 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

To me, I kind of believe the reports. I mean, we all see how he reacted during the draft with 2 or 3 picks left in the first round. The kid whined and ran out of the building and then said he wasn't coming back for the 2nd round like a child. I get that he was disappointed but that alone made me not want this guy with the 13th pick and made me even happier that we passed on him. It also shows to me that he is really immature. I am cool with a 2nd rounder on this guy, don't get me wrong but hows this guy going to react when a WR drops a pass for a first down? How will he react when he is having a bad game but they are still just one TD drive away from a W? If he freaked out during the draft...how will he react in a game, playing for the most hated and insulted team in the NFL, while also playing in NY? If Geno succeeds here, he will have succeeded anywhere.

I also buy partially that he is getting way more shit for being taken by the jets...the jets had a pretty productive draft on paper this year yet a lot of "experts" think the jets draft was mediocre or worse...I personally feel really good about this draft.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#10 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

View Postextmenace, on 09 May 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

To me, I kind of believe the reports. I mean, we all see how he reacted during the draft with 2 or 3 picks left in the first round. The kid whined and ran out of the building and then said he wasn't coming back for the 2nd round like a child. I get that he was disappointed but that alone made me not want this guy with the 13th pick and made me even happier that we passed on him. It also shows to me that he is really immature. I am cool with a 2nd rounder on this guy, don't get me wrong but hows this guy going to react when a WR drops a pass for a first down? How will he react when he is having a bad game but they are still just one TD drive away from a W? If he freaked out during the draft...how will he react in a game, playing for the most hated and insulted team in the NFL, while also playing in NY? If Geno succeeds here, he will have succeeded anywhere.

I also buy partially that he is getting way more shit for being taken by the jets...the jets had a pretty productive draft on paper this year yet a lot of "experts" think the jets draft was mediocre or worse...I personally feel really good about this draft.

Oh please, he's a 22 year old who will become more mature as he spends time in the league. He is emotional and he'll have to get that under wraps to deal with the New York media bullshit. He was hyped up until the draft, he was invited to the Green Room on draft day, he was projected to go in the top 10, it went to his head. He spent four years of college prepping for the NFL and watching all the effort and money disappear by the minute? You would be upset too. This recent ripping on Geno is for no other reason then the fact that the Jets drafted him. I rather have a guy be emotionally upset at sliding then bitch and force teams to not pick them (Elway? Eli? Peyton?).

#11 User is offline   extmenace Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

View PostChaos, on 09 May 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

Oh please, he's a 22 year old who will become more mature as he spends time in the league. He is emotional and he'll have to get that under wraps to deal with the New York media bullshit. He was hyped up until the draft, he was invited to the Green Room on draft day, he was projected to go in the top 10, it went to his head. He spent four years of college prepping for the NFL and watching all the effort and money disappear by the minute? You would be upset too. This recent ripping on Geno is for no other reason then the fact that the Jets drafted him. I rather have a guy be emotionally upset at sliding then bitch and force teams to not pick them (Elway? Eli? Peyton?).

Perception is reality there chaos...I've been watching the draft since about 2000...and I've never seen any of the other players who slip way further than they were projected act the way geno did. To want to do something is one thing, to actually have a temper tantrum is another. I get that he is a young kid, and that dropping had to really hurt inside. He went from making 4 million a year to maybe making just 4 million in his first contract. It is a bummer but with cameras everywhere, the guy should have stayed more composed. I'm rooting for the kid but he fell for a reason that had been floating around and his reaction to his fall kind of proved it.

And I'd much rather have a player that knows hes good enough to dictate where he will start his NFL career. Those 3 QB's you named have 5 super bowl championships and I believe 9 super bowl appearances. Peyton really not so much though...he saw that one of the NFL's worst franchises was going to be drafting first and decided that it would be in best his interest to play another year and hope that the jets didn't get the number 1 pick the following year. That happens quite often...

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady

17 POINTS!

#12 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

View Postextmenace, on 10 May 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

Peyton really not so much though...he saw that one of the NFL's worst franchises was going to be drafting first and decided that it would be in best his interest to play another year and hope that the jets didn't get the number 1 pick the following year. That happens quite often...

This is FALSE. Peyton wanted to come to the Jets. He wanted the bright lights of NY. Archie Manning approached Bill Parcells and wanted a guarantee that he would draft Peyton with the 1st overall. Parcells wouldn't commit to it so Archie told Peyton to go back for his senior year. Archie and Peyton wanted the Jets to draft him and would've been thrilled to play in NY. Parcells is the reason why he went back to school.

#13 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

View PostChaos, on 10 May 2013 - 01:18 AM, said:

Agreed. There will no doubt have been countless other players act emotionally on draft day to their slide. It's just that those only those in the Green Room will have their reactions shown publically.

Having recently watched the 30 for 30 documentary on the 1985 draft, which focused heavily on John Elway, I'd have reacted far worse if Smith acted in the kind of conceited, big time manner Elway did in the build up to the draft.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users