NYJetsFan.com Forums: Wvu Oc On Geno Smith - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

FANTASY FOOTBALL SIGN UP: http://nyjetsfan.com...ndpost&p=357345
RetireChrebet Icon : (13 August 2016 - 12:11 PM) Due
ganggreen2003 Icon : (13 August 2016 - 12:15 PM) hell let's cut geno too
RetireChrebet Icon : (13 August 2016 - 12:16 PM) I agree. Trade Genome
RetireChrebet Icon : (13 August 2016 - 12:18 PM) trade Geno, take anything you can get for him, even if it's a 7th round pick. The future is Petty or Hack. If not draft another QB in a couple years.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (13 August 2016 - 12:21 PM) what team would want a QB who got suckerpunched by a 3rd stringer last year in training camp
azjetfan Icon : (13 August 2016 - 05:03 PM) The Cowboys may trade a player or a pick for Geno. With Romo being brittle and them having zero depth I could see them giving something.
azjetfan Icon : (13 August 2016 - 05:04 PM) I'm really not an anti Geno guy though. If he can mature he can play in this league. He has the physical talents but lacks the drive.
santana Icon : (13 August 2016 - 06:06 PM) I doubt anyone trades for geno
santana Icon : (13 August 2016 - 06:07 PM) jets would get like a 6th rounder for him his value would be better on the bench
Chaos Icon : (13 August 2016 - 06:25 PM) yes, yes, let's cut the former 9th overall pick because he had a poor preseason game and deal with a no good $4M cap hit.
Chaos Icon : (13 August 2016 - 06:26 PM) who would you sign to be #2? or do you seriously think petty is good for the job?
santana Icon : (13 August 2016 - 06:37 PM) the backup is always ready for the job is the jets fan mantra
santana Icon : (13 August 2016 - 06:46 PM) I need a backup
santana Icon : (13 August 2016 - 06:46 PM) WHERES MY BACKUP
vjdbbq Icon : (15 August 2016 - 07:52 AM) Would someone scratch bobrob42 ?
ROBJETS Icon : (16 August 2016 - 03:33 AM) Az..... Apparently you didn't watch the Cowboys preseason game. Romo didn't play and their current backup played a good bit with starters and backups and he looked great. Almost like a veteran. They would have 0 interest in trading for Geno now.
vjdbbq Icon : (16 August 2016 - 01:57 PM) ROB is back ; ,how's the ass ?
Chaos Icon : (18 August 2016 - 12:18 PM) we need 1 more for fantasy football!
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 August 2016 - 06:27 PM) game stream http://ifirstrowus.e...-york-jets.html
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2016 - 07:06 PM) defense is playing like shit
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2016 - 09:00 PM) Geno still sucks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2016 - 09:08 PM) Petty 9/15 120 yards and a TD
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2016 - 09:27 PM) Sudfeld sucks 2 fumbles
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2016 - 09:28 PM) petty had then in the red zone going for the go ahead score
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2016 - 09:31 PM) OK we at the wash 42
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2016 - 09:32 PM) WOOOO TD!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2016 - 09:32 PM) f*** you Geno. Lets keep Petty
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2016 - 09:40 PM) Petty 15/24 230 yards and 2 TDs
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2016 - 09:40 PM) Geno 6/13 1Int
MikeGangGree... Icon : (19 August 2016 - 09:46 PM) BOOOO we lose
santana Icon : (20 August 2016 - 09:29 AM) I was at the game and I thought fitz looked like crapola
vjdbbq Icon : (21 August 2016 - 01:01 PM) You were looking at GENO !!!!!!!!!!!
santana Icon : (21 August 2016 - 02:24 PM) you have a crush on geno don't you
santana Icon : (21 August 2016 - 02:24 PM) it's ok
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 August 2016 - 07:10 PM) WTF is taking so long to cut geno and milliner
ganggreen2003 Icon : (21 August 2016 - 07:10 PM) they both are bums and need to go away
Chaos Icon : (22 August 2016 - 08:29 AM) it makes zero sense to cut them.
Chaos Icon : (22 August 2016 - 08:30 AM) this isn't fantasy. cutting players has an impact on the cap.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (22 August 2016 - 10:20 AM) becuase we need them
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 11:25 AM) DRAFT UPDATE:

Date: Tuesday August 30, 2016
Time: 8:00 pm
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:20 PM) cap stuff http://nyjetsfan.com...showtopic=38899
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 11:20 AM) All the Sanchez fans saying he finally has good receivers so he will play well will probably finally have your eyes opened. Looking like he will likely be cut from the Broncos by the end of preseason. He already lost his starting job to the backup and the rookie qb is playing decent too
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 11:21 AM) Sanchez isn't starting this week and may not play at all
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 11:22 AM) SOURCE: NFL LIVE yesterday
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 11:24 AM) 3 turnovers and one td in 2016 preseason
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Wvu Oc On Geno Smith I'm tired of being the only one bringing shit to the table!

#1 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,493
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

West Virginia offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson has heard the words thrown around to describe his former protégé Geno Smith — brat ... gimmick ... coddled ... marginal work ethic — and wonders if they’re talking about the same quarterback he coached for two years.

“I never got the sense he was a diva or pampered or anything in my involvement with him,” Dawson said. “I never had one problem with him other than he watched too much film.”

“In my talks with him after the draft, he’s so fired up right now to prove this [jerk] wrong that he’s going to work and do it.”


http://www.ganggreen...-his-work-ethic
0

#2 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,173
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

It's just that stigma about black QBs is all that shit is. Bullshit but it is what it is.
Posted Image
0

#3 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,493
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 09 May 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

It's just that stigma about black QBs is all that shit is. Bullshit but it is what it is.


Nah I don't buy that any more. 3 years ago, yea. Now? Russel Wilson and RG3 are the hottest QBs in the league. Teddy Bridgewater is teh best QB prospect next year. The paradigm has shifted. Most of the shit that is landing on Geno has more to do with the fact that Jets drafted him rather than anything else. It's deemed that whoever we draft is "going to be a bust so lets figure out why".
0

#4 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

  • Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 7,069
  • Joined: 17-July 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

  • NFL Team:

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 09 May 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

Nah I don't buy that any more. 3 years ago, yea. Now? Russel Wilson and RG3 are the hottest QBs in the league. Teddy Bridgewater is teh best QB prospect next year. The paradigm has shifted. Most of the shit that is landing on Geno has more to do with the fact that Jets drafted him rather than anything else. It's deemed that whoever we draft is "going to be a bust so lets figure out why".


No.

It has to do with before the draft workouts and interviews him clearly being a top 10 pick. Then plummeting. Everyone is trying to put their thumb on why.
0

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,861
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 09 May 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

No.

It has to do with before the draft workouts and interviews him clearly being a top 10 pick. Then plummeting. Everyone is trying to put their thumb on why.


Rodgers plummeted. he could have been 1st overall if SF didn't want their hometown boy. and look how good he turned out
0

#6 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,173
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 09 May 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

Nah I don't buy that any more. 3 years ago, yea. Now? Russel Wilson and RG3 are the hottest QBs in the league. Teddy Bridgewater is teh best QB prospect next year. The paradigm has shifted. Most of the shit that is landing on Geno has more to do with the fact that Jets drafted him rather than anything else. It's deemed that whoever we draft is "going to be a bust so lets figure out why".


I mean is it as prevalent as it once was? Absolutely not. However it has to do with a LOT of nitpicking thrown Geno's way whether we admit it (or realize it) or not
Posted Image
0

#7 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,703
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 09 May 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

I mean is it as prevalent as it once was? Absolutely not. However it has to do with a LOT of nitpicking thrown Geno's way whether we admit it (or realize it) or not


I don't want to discount it, because I'm sure to some writer's it is(at least subconsciously) on their mind. But, we didn't hear ANY of this talk before the draft...so it's hard to put this on race. This is all about falling out of the first round and going to the "circus" Jets, where the media is desperately looking for some ratings crutch to replace Tebow.

Like all the BS about 6 QB's on the roster, wwwuuuaaaahhhh!!!!! As if everyone and their mother didn't know that Tebow, Sims, and either McElroy/Garrard wouldn't be on the opening day roster. But it made for good headlines, I guess?
Posted Image
0

#8 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,493
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

View PostJetsman05, on 09 May 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

No.

It has to do with before the draft workouts and interviews him clearly being a top 10 pick. Then plummeting. Everyone is trying to put their thumb on why.


Disagree. If he were drafted at #38 by either Giants/Steelers/Broncos/Pats/9ers/Ravens (just imagine one of them picking at #38, one spot ahead of us) they would automatically get a A+ for this selection and Geno would be the epitome of the "smart team picks great player who fell because idiot teams like teh Jets can't never get it right". Since he was picked by the Jets, well, clearly something must be wrong with him.
0

#9 User is offline   extmenace Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,647
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tallahassee / Sarasota, FL

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

To me, I kind of believe the reports. I mean, we all see how he reacted during the draft with 2 or 3 picks left in the first round. The kid whined and ran out of the building and then said he wasn't coming back for the 2nd round like a child. I get that he was disappointed but that alone made me not want this guy with the 13th pick and made me even happier that we passed on him. It also shows to me that he is really immature. I am cool with a 2nd rounder on this guy, don't get me wrong but hows this guy going to react when a WR drops a pass for a first down? How will he react when he is having a bad game but they are still just one TD drive away from a W? If he freaked out during the draft...how will he react in a game, playing for the most hated and insulted team in the NFL, while also playing in NY? If Geno succeeds here, he will have succeeded anywhere.

I also buy partially that he is getting way more shit for being taken by the jets...the jets had a pretty productive draft on paper this year yet a lot of "experts" think the jets draft was mediocre or worse...I personally feel really good about this draft.

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady


17 POINTS!
0

#10 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 3,189
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

View Postextmenace, on 09 May 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

To me, I kind of believe the reports. I mean, we all see how he reacted during the draft with 2 or 3 picks left in the first round. The kid whined and ran out of the building and then said he wasn't coming back for the 2nd round like a child. I get that he was disappointed but that alone made me not want this guy with the 13th pick and made me even happier that we passed on him. It also shows to me that he is really immature. I am cool with a 2nd rounder on this guy, don't get me wrong but hows this guy going to react when a WR drops a pass for a first down? How will he react when he is having a bad game but they are still just one TD drive away from a W? If he freaked out during the draft...how will he react in a game, playing for the most hated and insulted team in the NFL, while also playing in NY? If Geno succeeds here, he will have succeeded anywhere.

I also buy partially that he is getting way more shit for being taken by the jets...the jets had a pretty productive draft on paper this year yet a lot of "experts" think the jets draft was mediocre or worse...I personally feel really good about this draft.


Oh please, he's a 22 year old who will become more mature as he spends time in the league. He is emotional and he'll have to get that under wraps to deal with the New York media bullshit. He was hyped up until the draft, he was invited to the Green Room on draft day, he was projected to go in the top 10, it went to his head. He spent four years of college prepping for the NFL and watching all the effort and money disappear by the minute? You would be upset too. This recent ripping on Geno is for no other reason then the fact that the Jets drafted him. I rather have a guy be emotionally upset at sliding then bitch and force teams to not pick them (Elway? Eli? Peyton?).
0

#11 User is offline   extmenace Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,647
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tallahassee / Sarasota, FL

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

View PostChaos, on 09 May 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

Oh please, he's a 22 year old who will become more mature as he spends time in the league. He is emotional and he'll have to get that under wraps to deal with the New York media bullshit. He was hyped up until the draft, he was invited to the Green Room on draft day, he was projected to go in the top 10, it went to his head. He spent four years of college prepping for the NFL and watching all the effort and money disappear by the minute? You would be upset too. This recent ripping on Geno is for no other reason then the fact that the Jets drafted him. I rather have a guy be emotionally upset at sliding then bitch and force teams to not pick them (Elway? Eli? Peyton?).



Perception is reality there chaos...I've been watching the draft since about 2000...and I've never seen any of the other players who slip way further than they were projected act the way geno did. To want to do something is one thing, to actually have a temper tantrum is another. I get that he is a young kid, and that dropping had to really hurt inside. He went from making 4 million a year to maybe making just 4 million in his first contract. It is a bummer but with cameras everywhere, the guy should have stayed more composed. I'm rooting for the kid but he fell for a reason that had been floating around and his reaction to his fall kind of proved it.

And I'd much rather have a player that knows hes good enough to dictate where he will start his NFL career. Those 3 QB's you named have 5 super bowl championships and I believe 9 super bowl appearances. Peyton really not so much though...he saw that one of the NFL's worst franchises was going to be drafting first and decided that it would be in best his interest to play another year and hope that the jets didn't get the number 1 pick the following year. That happens quite often...

"I'm glad that the Gillette field was soft and messy
since I spent so much time down on it."-Tom Brady


17 POINTS!
0

#12 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,493
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

View Postextmenace, on 10 May 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

Peyton really not so much though...he saw that one of the NFL's worst franchises was going to be drafting first and decided that it would be in best his interest to play another year and hope that the jets didn't get the number 1 pick the following year. That happens quite often...


This is FALSE. Peyton wanted to come to the Jets. He wanted the bright lights of NY. Archie Manning approached Bill Parcells and wanted a guarantee that he would draft Peyton with the 1st overall. Parcells wouldn't commit to it so Archie told Peyton to go back for his senior year. Archie and Peyton wanted the Jets to draft him and would've been thrilled to play in NY. Parcells is the reason why he went back to school.
0

#13 User is online   Smedsthejet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 8,294
  • Joined: 10-April 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

View PostChaos, on 10 May 2013 - 01:18 AM, said:

Oh please, he's a 22 year old who will become more mature as he spends time in the league. He is emotional and he'll have to get that under wraps to deal with the New York media bullshit. He was hyped up until the draft, he was invited to the Green Room on draft day, he was projected to go in the top 10, it went to his head. He spent four years of college prepping for the NFL and watching all the effort and money disappear by the minute? You would be upset too. This recent ripping on Geno is for no other reason then the fact that the Jets drafted him. I rather have a guy be emotionally upset at sliding then bitch and force teams to not pick them (Elway? Eli? Peyton?).


Agreed. There will no doubt have been countless other players act emotionally on draft day to their slide. It's just that those only those in the Green Room will have their reactions shown publically.

Having recently watched the 30 for 30 documentary on the 1985 draft, which focused heavily on John Elway, I'd have reacted far worse if Smith acted in the kind of conceited, big time manner Elway did in the build up to the draft.
0

Page 1 of 1


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users