NYJetsFan.com Forums: Jets Hire Tim Ruskell & Rod Graves - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 09:18 AM) I want a new GM and HC
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 09:54 AM) Should I go Vincent Jackson or Jarvis Landry as my WR3?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:13 AM) i'd go landry
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 11:40 AM) The opposite of what Mr Jet thinks about it.
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (17 December 2014 - 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 03:19 PM) holy shit thrilling match up tonight
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:13 PM) Does it matter who wins tonight? Draft pick wise for the Jets?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:16 PM) Probably not. We probably want to draft above the Titans though if that is possible, they are a team that could use a QB. The Jaguars just drafted Blake Bortles, doubt they go first round QB 2 years in a row
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:29 PM) so titans win is best win
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:52 PM) DRAFT WINSTON
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:52 PM) FIRE IDZIK
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:05 PM) I'm leaning towards wanting to draft Cooper or oline with the first pick. have a good line and or relceiver core and try and sign Bradford or trade for Cutler to play QB. And have Geno as back up for us.
2JBallar01 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:06 PM) Not sure if Winston can be a franchise QB. Even Mariota has question marks.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 PM) That is why we need to draft Cooper at WR and then later in the draft go and get Petty
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:44 PM) clipboard jesus lead the way
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:48 PM) I miss leon
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 11:35 PM) If the Jets would have lost last week since the Jags won the Jets would have the 2 seed right now and not stuck at the 6 seed
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 11:36 PM) Oh well
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:21 AM) I think IK shows potential as a pass rusher
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 12:50 PM) If the new HC goes to a 4-3 it will be interesting to see if Couples can play on the end.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:43 PM) he's probably better as a 4-3 DE then a 3-4 LBer anyway
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:43 PM) we'd need another DT though
santana Icon : (Today, 02:12 PM) Rex to atlanta rumors swirling about
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 03:35 PM) Who should be my 2 starters at WR for my fantasy. Championship game. It's between AJ Green, Djax, and Mike Evans. I have Hilton too but I think colts will sit him this week
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 03:36 PM) I'm thinking Djax and Evans. I don't think the match up with green vs Denver
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 03:37 PM) I have Ingram, Lamar Miller, and Lacy as my RBs and flex
santana Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) green and desean pretty much the same risk reward
santana Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) lock evans in and play the matchup for the other spot
santana Icon : (Today, 03:41 PM) also might snow in denver mnf i would keep an eye on that
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 04:48 PM) Good thinkin! I think I'm going to play djax. I like the match up better
Resize Shouts Area

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

Jets Hire Tim Ruskell & Rod Graves

#1 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

Ruskell is a personnel guy with ties to Seattle. Graves was the ex AZ GM who's background is scouting as well. Looks like Idzik is building his own war room. Going to be interesting to see if the Jets finally part ways with Terry Bradway.
0

#2 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 3,071
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

Not sure on the need for Bradway to leave. Isn't he suppose to be great at scouting?
0

#3 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

View PostChaos, on 15 May 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

Not sure on the need for Bradway to leave. Isn't he suppose to be great at scouting?


Do our drafts reflect 'great" scouting?
0

#4 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,116
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:44 AM

FIRE IZ-DICK
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#5 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 3,071
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 15 May 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

Do our drafts reflect 'great" scouting?


What he scouts and who the Jets draft aren't always related. Wasn't he high on Russel Wilson and against Gholston? The drafts are based on the coach's and GM's opinions as well. Can't dump all the blame on him. If he isn't fired, I'm going to assume it's for good reason (or some incriminating evidence against Woody). He's been part of the Jets since 2001 and was kept after being replaced by Tanny and now Idzik (so far).
0

#6 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,032
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

Didnt someone on here say Bradway was all about Russel last year but Tanny wouldnt lisen?
Posted Image
0

#7 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,291
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

Was Bradway against the Gholston pick back in 2008 or was he against it years after the 2008 draft? Was he high on Russell Wilson before the 2012 draft or was he high on him after Wilson had a great year with Seattle. I've only heard/read these things about Bradway AFTER it's clear to everybody that Gholston is a bust and Wilson is a rookie sensation.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#8 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 15 May 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

Was Bradway against the Gholston pick back in 2008 or was he against it years after the 2008 draft? Was he high on Russell Wilson before the 2012 draft or was he high on him after Wilson had a great year with Seattle. I've only heard/read these things about Bradway AFTER it's clear to everybody that Gholston is a bust and Wilson is a rookie sensation.


Does it matter? These guys go back and forth on prospects all the time. I'm sure that he at one point thought that Gholston was the next LT and at another point thought he was a bust. My problem is this: he's head of scouting, right? I mean I'm not even sure of what his position is because I can't find it anywhere. All I rememebr is that he was "reassigned" from the GM role into a high-level scouting gig. Anyway, lets assume that he's head of scouting. If he's so brilliant as to forsee Gholston as a bum (which wasn't that hard since there were giant red flags everywhere) and lets say he wanted Wilson bad, which I think I read that he did "bang the table" at the draft for Wilson... why the hell aren't we listening to him more? Right? If he is as good as all these hindsight articles, shouldn't he be the defacto voice in the war room? Or is his overall track record spotty enough that for every pick he gets right, we have a Ducasse and a Anthony Schlegal? In which case, if your head of scouting cannot be trusted, why is he here?
0

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 17,040
  • Joined: 30-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

View PostChaos, on 15 May 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

What he scouts and who the Jets draft aren't always related. Wasn't he high on Russel Wilson and against Gholston? The drafts are based on the coach's and GM's opinions as well. Can't dump all the blame on him. If he isn't fired, I'm going to assume it's for good reason (or some incriminating evidence against Woody). He's been part of the Jets since 2001 and was kept after being replaced by Tanny and now Idzik (so far).


Yes. Bradway loved Russell Wilson. And the Jets drafted Gholston largely because of Mangini, who convinced Tannenbaum that he would make him a player even though the scouting department wasn't high on Gholston.



A new Gm brings in his own scouting department, this isn't surprising.
Posted Image
0

#10 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

  • Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,596
  • Joined: 06-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 15 May 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

Do our drafts reflect 'great" scouting?


Considering how many of our draft picks over the past two decades have made pro bowls and are still in the league somewhere, I can't really say that the drafts were that poor. What do you really consider to be poor drafts? We've had far more good players drafted than busts during Bradway & Tannenbaum's tenure.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!
0

#11 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,116
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 15 May 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

Considering how many of our draft picks over the past two decades have made pro bowls and are still in the league somewhere, I can't really say that the drafts were that poor. What do you really consider to be poor drafts? We've had far more good players drafted than busts during Bradway & Tannenbaum's tenure.



Quote

2008 NFL Draft
RD Pick Player name Position College
1 6 Vernon Gholston Defensive end Ohio State
30 Dustin Keller Tight end Purdue
4 113 Dwight Lowery Cornerback San Josť State
5 162 Erik Ainge Quarterback Tennessee
6 171 Marcus Henry Wide receiver Kansas
7 211 Nate Garner Offensive tackle Arkansas



Quote

Draft order Player name Position Height Weight College Pick From
Round Choice
1 5 Mark Sanchez Quarterback 6'3" 225 USC Cleveland Browns
3 65 Shonn Greene Running Back 5'11" 227 Iowa Detroit Lions
6 193 Matt Slauson Guard 6'5" 316 Nebraska


How many players from these very recent draft classes are currently on the active roster?
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#12 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

  • 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 5,116
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 15 May 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

Considering how many of our draft picks over the past two decades have made pro bowls and are still in the league somewhere, I can't really say that the drafts were that poor. What do you really consider to be poor drafts? We've had far more good players drafted than busts during Bradway & Tannenbaum's tenure.



Quote

2008 NFL Draft
RD Pick Player name Position College
1 6 Vernon Gholston Defensive end Ohio State
30 Dustin Keller Tight end Purdue
4 113 Dwight Lowery Cornerback San José State
5 162 Erik Ainge Quarterback Tennessee
6 171 Marcus Henry Wide receiver Kansas
7 211 Nate Garner Offensive tackle Arkansas



Quote

2009 NFL Draft Draft order Player name Position Height Weight College Pick From
Round Choice
1 5 Mark Sanchez Quarterback 6'3" 225 USC Cleveland Browns
3 65 Shonn Greene Running Back 5'11" 227 Iowa Detroit Lions
6 193 Matt Slauson Guard 6'5" 316 Nebraska


How many players from these very recent draft classes are currently on the active roster?
Posted ImagePosted Image
0

#13 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,672
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 15 May 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

How many players from these very recent draft classes are currently on the active roster?


revis isn't on the roster either, does that mean he was a bad pick? you can't blame the scouts for the GM not keeping talent. and idzik let like 5 of those players who were solid starters walk this season so its on idzik not the scouts.
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#14 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,032
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

Still in the league would be a better question. The fact that we did not resign them is irrelavent
Posted Image
0

#15 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,489
  • Joined: 28-November 05
  • Gender:Male

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

View PostFlyHiJets, on 15 May 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

Considering how many of our draft picks over the past two decades have made pro bowls and are still in the league somewhere, I can't really say that the drafts were that poor. What do you really consider to be poor drafts? We've had far more good players drafted than busts during Bradway & Tannenbaum's tenure.


I must admit that I'm somewhat of a stickler when it comes to draft evaluation. To me, hitting on a first rounder should be damn near automatic. Anything less than 75% success rate (meaning that the player is a solid starter in the NFL) is unacceptable. I feel that anything less than 50% for your 2nd rounder is unacceptable. After that, I really don't expect the team to constantly draft starters but in rounds 3-4, I expect solid contributors with one of those pics sticking every other year (basically a 25% success rate). To me, Bradway is less than solid but on the other hand, we can't really separate what we drafted vs what he actually recommended.
0

#16 User is offline   Chaos Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 3,071
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 16 May 2013 - 11:04 AM, said:

revis isn't on the roster either, does that mean he was a bad pick? you can't blame the scouts for the GM not keeping talent. and idzik let like 5 of those players who were solid starters walk this season so its on idzik not the scouts.


Players the Jets let walk this offseason:

LaRon Landry - Injury liability. Couldn't extend his contract anyway due to cap issues.
Mike Devtio - Contract issues.
Sione Pouha - Injury liability. Still a FA.
Dustin Keller - Injured all of last season, no one would sign him long term. 1 year contract with Fins.
Yeremiah Bell - He's 35.
Brandon Moore - Still a FA.
Matt Slauson - Contract issues.
Shonn Greene - He was replaced with 2 other RBs. Not a big loss.

Safety is the Jets biggest weakness. Jets will get back compensatory draft picks for most of these guys and they drafted younger players for the lines. If Jets lost 5 SOLID starters from last season, they would have been a better team last year. Retooling requires changes and the Jets made the required ones. I have no qualms about the the way the Jets handled free agency this year.
0

#17 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,672
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

View PostChaos, on 16 May 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

Players the Jets let walk this offseason:

LaRon Landry - Injury liability. Couldn't extend his contract anyway due to cap issues.
Mike Devtio - Contract issues.
Sione Pouha - Injury liability. Still a FA.
Dustin Keller - Injured all of last season, no one would sign him long term. 1 year contract with Fins.
Yeremiah Bell - He's 35.
Brandon Moore - Still a FA.
Matt Slauson - Contract issues.
Shonn Greene - He was replaced with 2 other RBs. Not a big loss.

Safety is the Jets biggest weakness. Jets will get back compensatory draft picks for most of these guys and they drafted younger players for the lines. If Jets lost 5 SOLID starters from last season, they would have been a better team last year. Retooling requires changes and the Jets made the required ones. I have no qualms about the the way the Jets handled free agency this year.


landry was too expensive and so was devito. i agree there
pohua if healthy should be brought back in IMO
Keller - we could have brought back for a 1 year deal
bell isn't a big loss
moore isn't a big loss
slauson signed a 1 year dear to make an extra 200k with the bears. we could have paid that small amout and kept our starter we drafted for the past 2 years
greene i was ok letting go.

I only expec a 4th for landry and a 6th for devito and a 6th for keller. not much were getting back. safety is a big weakness we've ignored
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#18 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,032
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 16 May 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:

landry was too expensive and so was devito. i agree there
pohua if healthy should be brought back in IMO
Keller - we could have brought back for a 1 year deal
bell isn't a big loss
moore isn't a big loss
slauson signed a 1 year dear to make an extra 200k with the bears. we could have paid that small amout and kept our starter we drafted for the past 2 years
greene i was ok letting go.

I only expec a 4th for landry and a 6th for devito and a 6th for keller. not much were getting back. safety is a big weakness we've ignored

That is probably your most coherent post I have seen in a while. I pretty much agree as well. Slauson I felt was overrated. He was between two pro bowlers. Bell was replaced by Landry. Keller I was surprised by but I am sure there is more to it than we know. Greene was average
Posted Image
0

#19 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,672
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 16 May 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

That is probably your most coherent post I have seen in a while. I pretty much agree as well. Slauson I felt was overrated. He was between two pro bowlers. Bell was replaced by Landry. Keller I was surprised by but I am sure there is more to it than we know. Greene was average


i just think idzik dind't want to pay keller to be honest. maybe it had to do with his relationship to mark, who knows. either way we shouldn't have let keller walk to such a small deal. had they given him like 4 years 30 mil i would have understand like i did with landry. but keller has been our leading receiver for 2 of the past 3 years and would have been last year if not the injuries. he had speed, good route runner, good hands, good down the seam, and always fought for yards. only downfall was his blocking. geno could have really used keller in the future
Get it done MT
Posted Image
0

#20 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,032
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 16 May 2013 - 05:32 PM, said:

i just think idzik dind't want to pay keller to be honest. maybe it had to do with his relationship to mark, who knows. either way we shouldn't have let keller walk to such a small deal. had they given him like 4 years 30 mil i would have understand like i did with landry. but keller has been our leading receiver for 2 of the past 3 years and would have been last year if not the injuries. he had speed, good route runner, good hands, good down the seam, and always fought for yards. only downfall was his blocking. geno could have really used keller in the future

Personally I think Keller did not want to be here. I think the NY media and fickle fan base wears on players and coaches who have weak minds. He is the only departure that does not make sense to me. That leads me to believe there is more to it.
Posted Image
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users