NYJetsFan.com Forums: Mcknight: They’Ll Have To Kill Me To Take My Spot - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A FIELD GOAL
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:02 PM) arent there some other names that could have been cut instead
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 12:03 PM) chris owusu
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:21 PM) Salas is better than Nelson
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:22 PM) Nelson is rated as the worst wr in football this season
santana Icon : (18 October 2014 - 01:34 PM) he has to better than owusu or graham
518-JeTS-FaN Icon : (18 October 2014 - 04:36 PM) I posted an article about harvin and some of his issues. Dude seems like a wack job with talent. Hope rex can corral this guy or he could make the locker room implode
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:43 AM) Wasn't demean Jackson vilified as a gang affiliated street thug during his Philly release
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:31 PM) damn football sunday and no ones on
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:00 PM) Yeah, cuz Rex is so good at developing offensive talent; 0 - Infinity
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:02 PM) Harvin is Holmes 2.0, except punches for general bitchiness and annoying first down celebrations.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) i'm not buying into the media nonsense
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:06 PM) Harvin is a playmaker, we needed one.
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:15 PM) I hope he tears it up as a Jet, but he's been tossed from 2 teams in as many years and hasn't cracked 1000 yds in his career. I wouldn't be surprised if he had CTE from those brutal head hits, hence the aggression of late.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:18 PM) I was tossed from two t-ball teams and some people still say i was the best hitter on timid deer lane
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) bills RBs dropping like flies
Canuck Jet Icon : (Yesterday, 01:20 PM) We'll only really know when the autopsy his brain. Stay tuned! Guy never should have played the Super Bowl after the 2 concussions he suffered against the Saints.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:26 PM) whitehurst clipboard jesus
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:54 PM) brian shottenheimer must of lost his mind haha
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) fuckin orton
V DidDy 210 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:11 PM) how does he keep doing it?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:53 PM) Jack Daniels
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:25 PM) murray horse
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:28 PM) GOD DAMN IT ANQUAN
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) what is this amateur hour!?!?!?
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:29 PM) come on!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:43 PM) Manning just broke the Passing TD record
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) :boredom: we could of had him a few years ago
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:44 PM) but at least he didn't break it on us
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:45 PM) I don't think he wanted to be here
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I don't really care for passing records being broken. Qbs now have a lot of rules in their favor
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:46 PM) I mean even the catch that got them into the redzone was a PI call that wouldnt of been called when favre played
Jetsman05 Icon : (Today, 05:16 AM) is that a suggestion that Favre was a better QB than Peyton?
santana Icon : (Today, 08:05 AM) No it's a suggestion that passing records today are a bit skewed by the modern rules
santana Icon : (Today, 08:05 AM) everyone knows Favre is the bestest ever that's not even an argument duhhhhh
santana Icon : (Today, 01:18 PM) Cool jets throw blanket - http://www.woot.com/...ref=cnt_wp_2_22
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 01:21 PM) jets slippers yo
santana Icon : (Today, 01:37 PM) jets slippers the OG of cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:10 PM) so Harvin will be wearing #16
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:22 PM) 10 and 6
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:22 PM) WOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 07:22 PM) 9 wins a row for the Jets!!
santana Icon : (Today, 10:28 PM) streets is real
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Mcknight: They’Ll Have To Kill Me To Take My Spot

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

Jets’ Joe McKnight: They’ll have to kill me to take my roster spot

The Jets’ decision to trade for running back Chris Ivory and sign free agent running back Mike Goodson is a strong signal that running back Joe McKnight’s job is in jeopardy. But McKnight says he’s not going down without a fight.

“I don’t care who they bring in, they’re going [to have to] kill me to take my spot. You understand that now?” McKnight told the New York Daily News. “Just because they bring Goodson and Ivory in they already think I’m gone. They just bringing people in for competition, they ain’t bringing nobody in to say, ‘Joe is done.’”

McKnight is currently penciled in at No. 4 on the depth chart behind Ivory, Goodson and Bilal Powell, but he doesn’t see any reason to worry.

“Yeah, I’m going to be on the team, I ain’t going, no damn way,” he said. “They have to beat me to take my spot first. Man, look, they told me it’s a fresh slate.”

It may be a fresh slate, but McKnight is an underdog to make the team. Fortunately for him, the Jets won’t really have to kill him to cut him.

http://profootballta...my-roster-spot/

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

Jets RB Joe McKnight says 'I ain’t going, no damn way'
May
5/16/2013 2:28:03 PM
Share on email Share on print Share on twitter Share on facebook Share on myspace Share on stumbleupon Share on digg | More Sharing ServicesMore

Running back Joe McKnight has not met with a lot of success since being drafted by the New York Jets but does not plan to go quietly according to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. The Jets brought in Chris Ivory and Mike Goodson this off-season and McKnight had already lost carries to Bilal Powell, putting McKnight's spot on the roster in jeopardy.

“I don’t care who they bring in, they’re going (to have to) kill me to take my spot. You understand that now?” McKnight said in the locker room Thursday. “Just because they bring Goodson and Ivory in they already think I’m gone. They just bringing people in for competition, they ain’t bringing nobody in to say, ‘Joe is done.’”

McKnight remains certain he will make the team. “Yeah, I’m going to be on the team, I ain’t going, no damn way,” he said. They have to beat me to take my spot first. Man, look, they told me it’s a fresh slate.”

McKnight has turned into a quality return man, but he's never found a role in the Jets' running game. Since being drafted in 2010, McKnight has just 112 carries for 502 yards. McKnight said he never had a single conversation with former offensive coordinator Tony Sparano, which would seem to be a clear indication of the lack of respect he engenders in the Jets organization. McKnight is scheduled to earn just $630,000 in the final year of his rookie contract, a manageable salary for the potential he brings to special teams. His affordability may help him stick on the roster.

Get it done MT
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   LeonhardSkynyrd36 Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Progression

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:39 AM

Anybody else think goodson was framed by McKnight?
ColesReturns87

#4 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:34 AM

Yup.

#5 User is offline   Jetsman05 Icon

• Patron Saint of ESPNU
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator
  • Interests:Jets, Gators, Liverpool, Lightning

• NFL Team:

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

View PostLeonhardSkynyrd36, on 18 May 2013 - 02:39 AM, said:

Anybody else think goodson was framed by McKnight?

Haha nice

#6 User is online   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

Framed harharhar

Typically what should happen next is McKnight is arrested within a week of this article
Or better yet he does earn the starting job but then is arrested for I don't know lets say DUI and domestic abuse why not
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users