NYJetsFan.com Forums: Qb Competition Could Be Over Before Training Camp - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Jump to content

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

New York Jets owner, Woody Johnson, named US ambassador to the UK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 03:39 PM) wooooo5-11
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 04:00 PM) J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 05:56 PM) OK so Bill O brien and Sean Payton might get fired according to Fox this morning
MikeGangGree... Icon : (01 January 2017 - 05:56 PM) I would do anything to get one of them as OC
santana Icon : (02 January 2017 - 02:19 PM) texans coach? i doubt he gets fired
santana Icon : (02 January 2017 - 02:19 PM) but he would be ideal if the jets were to flush bowles out
santana Icon : (02 January 2017 - 04:36 PM) http://www.nj.com/je...trol_of_je.html
azjetfan Icon : (05 January 2017 - 09:54 PM) Sean Payton will get another HC gig. Obrien would be good.
azjetfan Icon : (09 January 2017 - 11:18 PM) Howard from Alabama seems legit. #88 TE
azjetfan Icon : (09 January 2017 - 11:20 PM) Williams the WR from Clemson looks like they are out to get him. He has taken some huge hits
vjdbbq Icon : (10 January 2017 - 07:12 AM) We'll take Williams in the first round .
Chadforpresi... Icon : (10 January 2017 - 10:48 AM) I'd love Howard in the 2nd round if he's still there. I like Williams a lot as well, but I just don't see WR being big enough of a need, and there should be better talent on the board at 6
Jetsfan115 Icon : (10 January 2017 - 07:21 PM) Raiders OC Musgrave not expected to return to OAK. what do you think about getting him? he did wonders with the oakland offense this year
Chadforpresi... Icon : (10 January 2017 - 07:39 PM) Definitely an appealing choice given with his history of progressing Carr. We need someone with a track record of grooming young QBs
MikeGangGree... Icon : (12 January 2017 - 12:36 PM) I want Watson now! after what he did Monday night I'm sold on him at QB. He moved the ball all night on Alabama and after hurts scored that TD he just told his team "Lets end this"
Jetsfan115 Icon : (12 January 2017 - 06:31 PM) An Ohio prosecutor says he wants to know what punishment Cincinnati Bengals player Adam "Pacman" Jones faces from the NFL before deciding how to proceed over Jones' latest arrest, Dan Sewell of the Associated Press reports..

Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters tells WKRC-TV he's asking "what is the normal" for a player with multiple offenses and who's been suspended before.

An NFL spokesman said on Thursday that Jones' case is "under review" and declined to comment further.

Jones was jailed Jan. 3 on charges he head-butted police and spit on a nurse after his arrest for assault. Authorities say he was so combative he had to be placed in a restraint chair.

Jones says he anticipates the charges will be dismissed.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (12 January 2017 - 06:32 PM) we wont get watson. he's going 1st overall to the browns
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:06 PM) Is Watson a product of Clemson's staff and supporting cast? Taj Boyd also put up some decent numbers if I remember correctly but he couldn't even make a scout team in the NFL.
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:11 PM) From what I have read (although limited) he is not the highest ranked QB in the draft.
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:11 PM) "No quarterback in this draft -- not Mitch Trubisky, not Watson, not DeShone Kizer -- is considered a sure thing. The folks at Scouts Inc. rank Trubisky, Watson and Kizer as the 21st, 38th and 46th prospects on their big board, respectively." ESPN
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:12 PM) If we can get a decent return for Richardson we may be able to make a move into the mid teens to early 20s if the Brass really likes Watson.
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 09:13 PM) Personally I don't think the jets have a clue on who they will take. We still have to hit FA and manage our roster
azjetfan Icon : (12 January 2017 - 11:46 PM) Jets to interview Broncos assistant Studesville for OC
Jetsfan115 Icon : (13 January 2017 - 01:28 PM) Why? seems like a weird choice
Jetsfan115 Icon : (13 January 2017 - 01:29 PM) Leonard Williams replacing Khalil Mack in Pro Bowl
Chadforpresi... Icon : (13 January 2017 - 09:49 PM) I'm not buying Watson, even after that championship game. Dude threw too many picks in his day
Chadforpresi... Icon : (13 January 2017 - 09:49 PM) I'm really curious to see what we get for Richardson, but I have a bad feeling his value is at an all time low between his crap season and bad attitude
azjetfan Icon : (14 January 2017 - 12:16 AM) I agree. He is a first round talent but a fourth round headache. We will be lucky to get a 2nd
Chadforpresi... Icon : (14 January 2017 - 08:41 AM) Yeah precisely. 2nd rounder would be a huge stretch. 3rd or 4th is more likely
vjdbbq Icon : (14 January 2017 - 02:18 PM) Send Sheldon someplace he will never see the playoffs ; like Jacksonville ; then he will have time to find da ho's .
azjetfan Icon : (14 January 2017 - 07:25 PM) R Sherman is getting torched by the Falcons.
vjdbbq Icon : (16 January 2017 - 09:37 AM) Pats vs Pitt - root for injuries
Jetsfan115 Icon : (16 January 2017 - 12:36 PM) GB-ATL game is gonna be a hell of a shootout. that throw rodgers made on 3rd and 20 with 12 seconds left in a tied game was ridiculous. 35 yards rolling out to his left a perfect placed ball on the sideline.
azjetfan Icon : (16 January 2017 - 10:50 PM) Winters resigned to 4 year deal. $7 million per year
Chadforpresi... Icon : (16 January 2017 - 10:51 PM) Seems like a slightly steep price but overall cool with it, he's turned into a good player and is still young. Just needs to stay healthy.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (17 January 2017 - 04:12 PM) seems like a good deal. they were saying he could have earned over 8 million in the open market
vjdbbq Icon : (18 January 2017 - 08:12 AM) Where's Rob ?
vjdbbq Icon : (18 January 2017 - 08:12 AM) Is he looking for a new ass ?
vjdbbq Icon : (18 January 2017 - 08:12 AM) :saythat:
vjdbbq Icon : (18 January 2017 - 08:13 AM) :trink39:
Jetsfan115 Icon : (18 January 2017 - 01:32 PM) 4 years 29 mil 15 mil guarenteed. so 7.25mil a year for winters. a nice bargain. he took a hometown discount. seems like a good guy. well done winters and mac
Jetsfan115 Icon : (18 January 2017 - 04:33 PM) Jets hire Dennard Wilson as defensive backs coach
Jetsfan115 Icon : (19 January 2017 - 04:01 PM) Trump to name Jets' owner Woody Johnson U.K. ambassador
vjdbbq Icon : (19 January 2017 - 06:04 PM) Maybe Woody will take the Jets with him to London . PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Jetsfan115 Icon : (20 January 2017 - 11:13 AM) Mark Gastineau says he has dementia, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease
Resize Shouts Area

  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

Qb Competition Could Be Over Before Training Camp

#21 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,335
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 22 May 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

be that as it may, how even more inept will said offense be w/o its top receiver?


THE POINT IS, Keller is not irreplaceable. He wasn't that much of a difference maker.........that is when he was healthy and on the field. Acting like letting Keller go was some major offensive is absurd.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#22 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,913
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 22 May 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

THE POINT IS, Keller is not irreplaceable. He wasn't that much of a difference maker.........that is when he was healthy and on the field. Acting like letting Keller go was some major offensive is absurd.


i agree he isn't irreplaceable, but letting him walk we did need a replacement and we didn't get one.
0

#23 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,335
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 22 May 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

i agree he isn't irreplaceable, but letting him walk we did need a replacement and we didn't get one.


I understand. But it's only May, the season doesn't start until September.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#24 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,913
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 22 May 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

I understand. But it's only May, the season doesn't start until September.


all options are gone already unless another team decides to cut a good TE which most likely won't happen
0

#25 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,335
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 22 May 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

all options are gone already unless another team decides to cut a good TE which most likely won't happen



Well I for one refuse to act like the sky is falling because the team doesn't have a TE of Dustin Keller's caliber two months before the start of training camp and three months before the start of the regular season. We have no idea who will be cut by other teams between now and week 1.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#26 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,913
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 22 May 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

Well I for one refuse to act like the sky is falling because the team doesn't have a TE of Dustin Keller's caliber two months before the start of training camp and three months before the start of the regular season. We have no idea who will be cut by other teams between now and week 1.


I never said the sky is falling becuase of losing keller. we already know were gonna suck. just saying that he would have helped geno alot
0

#27 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,335
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 22 May 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

I never said the sky is falling becuase of losing keller. we already know were gonna suck. just saying that he would have helped geno alot



And I never said you said that. Geno just needs worry about studying that playbook and the front office will take care of the personnel decisions.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#28 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,913
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 22 May 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

And I never said you said that. Geno just needs worry about studying that playbook and the front office will take care of the personnel decisions.


geno is gonna need some help aorund him to grow. some good WRs (if hill come son strong i think our group is pretty decent with him, kerly, and holmes) safety chekc downs (good TE and go eciving back which we don't have either) and a good oline (hwich we don't have)

might as well let him learn and throw sanchez to the fire
0

#29 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,335
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 22 May 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

geno is gonna need some help aorund him to grow. some good WRs (if hill come son strong i think our group is pretty decent with him, kerly, and holmes) safety chekc downs (good TE and go eciving back which we don't have either) and a good oline (hwich we don't have)

might as well let him learn and throw sanchez to the fire


Rome wasn't built in a day...or half a off-season. It's all going to take time.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#30 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,913
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 22 May 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

Rome wasn't built in a day...or half a off-season. It's all going to take time.


rome was built from nothing, we had a good base. its like saying renovating a kicthen doens't take a day.... it kinda does. unless you decide to run a wrekcing ball through it ;)
0

#31 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,335
  • Joined: 31-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

  • NFL Team:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 22 May 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

rome was built from nothing, we had a good base. its like saying renovating a kicthen doens't take a day.... it kinda does. unless you decide to run a wrekcing ball through it ;)



I see now that you just want to be disagreeable. BTW there was air, land, trees, animals, water, and millions of years of human evolution before the Roman empire. It wasn't built from nothing.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.


View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.
0

#32 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,203
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 22 May 2013 - 10:36 AM, said:

too bad your wrong



slauson played 83% of snaps so he only say on 17% which is less then a quarter, not even close to half.



couldn't agree with that more

http://espn.go.com/b...ladimir-ducasse

Ok your right my ratios were wrong. Point is he was replaced at times with no downfall by a player highly regarded as a bust. He will not be missed. As far as the offensive production, I. Believe that was cured when tony was fired. Holmes will be back. Your boy Hill should be healthy and have a year under his belt. Kerley is solid and Greene was replaced by Ivory. TE is an area of concern but again, there has to be more to this.
Posted Image
0

#33 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,913
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 22 May 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

Ok your right my ratios were wrong. Point is he was replaced at times with no downfall by a player highly regarded as a bust. He will not be missed. As far as the offensive production, I. Believe that was cured when tony was fired. Holmes will be back. Your boy Hill should be healthy and have a year under his belt. Kerley is solid and Greene was replaced by Ivory. TE is an area of concern but again, there has to be more to this.


idzik seemed more concerned with clearing cap room then building a team. now maybe just maybe its so he can spend in the future, or maybe we'll be one of those teams with a bunch of cap room we don't like to use because we'd rather be cheap then win.

Now i know MT made mistakes but it was clear he was willing to pay to field a good team and make bold moves to help us get better. so far idzik doens't seem liek that. he seems more about trying to do things cheap, maybe its partly woodys fault. IDK honestly so i'm not gonna fully blame him. We'll see in a few years. this is a bad offseason for free agency anyway.
I do think the WRs aren't bad but we need 1 more veteran. i'd say hill won't be a stud for another year or 2. kerly is good but not a starter IMO he's better as a number 3. and holmes is a stud when he wants to be, but who knows if he doens't half ass it again. his attitude sucks. young Qbs need a check down though and we don't ahve one. maybe mcknight can do it we'll see. ivory can't, cumberland isn't good enough to be a starter and no other RB can.
0

#34 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,203
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 22 May 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

idzik seemed more concerned with clearing cap room then building a team. now maybe just maybe its so he can spend in the future, or maybe we'll be one of those teams with a bunch of cap room we don't like to use because we'd rather be cheap then win.

Now i know MT made mistakes but it was clear he was willing to pay to field a good team and make bold moves to help us get better. so far idzik doens't seem liek that. he seems more about trying to do things cheap, maybe its partly woodys fault. IDK honestly so i'm not gonna fully blame him. We'll see in a few years. this is a bad offseason for free agency anyway.
I do think the WRs aren't bad but we need 1 more veteran. i'd say hill won't be a stud for another year or 2. kerly is good but not a starter IMO he's better as a number 3. and holmes is a stud when he wants to be, but who knows if he doens't half ass it again. his attitude sucks. young Qbs need a check down though and we don't ahve one. maybe mcknight can do it we'll see. ivory can't, cumberland isn't good enough to be a starter and no other RB can.

It seems There are times you say stuff just to be argumentative. In case you don't remember we were in cap hell a few months ago. Yes we did things to clear cap space. Yes we lost some good players. The thing you keep seeming to refuse to acknowledge is more is happening behind the curtain now. Much like when Mangini was here we are not airing our dirty laundry. Maybe even more so. Personally I like it this way. It's hard to be a Jets fan when the circus tag is always around.


You have no idea what was talked about between Keller and the Jets. You have no idea what Keller demanded to stay in NY. Even with us matching the Miami offer he still would be making more in Miami due to NJ taxes and cost of living. Not to mention maybe he did not want to be here. But instead of being more open minded and patient you assume all kinds of crazy stuff because either you think it or you read some article somewhere with no factual info.
Posted Image
0

#35 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,913
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

View Postazjetfan, on 22 May 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

It seems There are times you say stuff just to be argumentative. In case you don't remember we were in cap hell a few months ago. Yes we did things to clear cap space. Yes we lost some good players. The thing you keep seeming to refuse to acknowledge is more is happening behind the curtain now. Much like when Mangini was here we are not airing our dirty laundry. Maybe even more so. Personally I like it this way. It's hard to be a Jets fan when the circus tag is always around.


You have no idea what was talked about between Keller and the Jets. You have no idea what Keller demanded to stay in NY. Even with us matching the Miami offer he still would be making more in Miami due to NJ taxes and cost of living. Not to mention maybe he did not want to be here. But instead of being more open minded and patient you assume all kinds of crazy stuff because either you think it or you read some article somewhere with no factual info.


I've posted this before but

http://profootballta...about-new-deal/

Quote

Keller said hes spoken to offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg, who made it clear he wanted Keller on the offense, but hasnt heard from General Manager John Idzik or anyone else from the front office about remaining with the team. Keller wanted to sign an extension with the team before the 2012 season, but none was ever offered and now hes looking forward to seeing what kind of offers are out there on the open market.

Yeah, Id like to return, Keller said, via Brian Costello of the New York Post. I have a lot of great friends on the team, and Ive always thought of myself as a key piece of the offense there, but if Im not there thats fine, too. There are no hard feelings. I understand its a business for the Jets, but at this point its a business decision for me as well.


http://www.nfl.com/n...-miami-dolphins

[quote]He made just five starts last season for the Jets, but Keller was outstanding in 2011, accounting for 65 receptions, 815 yards and five touchdowns. He's a solid fit for the Dolphins' West Coast-style passing attack.

If Keller can be counted on for 16 games, Miami has spun magic here. Keller's blocking could use help, but this is another bold move by a Dolphins team looking to win now.

For the Jets -- who thought enough of Keller to make him their first-round draft pick in 2008 -- it's another ugly moment in an offseason determined to suck the life out of Florham Park.
/[quote]

http://espn.go.com/b...e/dustin-keller

Quote

The Jets parted ways with their only proven tight end, letting Keller bolt for a one-year, $4.25 million contract. What's left? A lot of questions. The Jets thought enough of Cumberland to sign him for $1.3 million, the amount of his RFA tender, but that doesn't entitle him to a starting job. He can occasionally beat coverage on a deep seam, but he's not a reliable short to intermediate receiver. He played 55 percent of the offensive snaps, a team-high for tight ends, but he finished with only 29 catches. Cumberland's blocking is suspect. Reuland has some value because he can play fullback and H-Back. Smith, the former rugby player, remains a project.

Keller would've been ideal in Marty Mornhinweg's West Coast offense, but got squeezed by a suddenly frugal front office. Mornhinweg needs a pass-catching tight end for his offense, so it wouldn't be a surprise if the Jets address it as early as the second round. The position has been neglected long enough.


so as you see keller wanted to be here. The FO didn't want to pay anything and let him walk
0

#36 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,203
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 May 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

I've posted this before but

http://profootballta...about-new-deal/



http://www.nfl.com/n...-miami-dolphins



so as you see keller wanted to be here. The FO didn't want to pay anything and let him walk

Again you have no idea what is happening behind closed doors. You can post all the links you want but Pro Football Talk does not work for the Jets. They are not in the room when decisions are made or contracts are discussed. Once again you are assuming this is all factual. If he was such a great TE why did only the Phins go after him? Why did he only get a 1 year deal? Look at the results not what some reporter said.

As far as his or the Jets statements, Of course they are all saying the right things. What else would they say?
Posted Image
0

#37 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,913
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:56 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 23 May 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

Again you have no idea what is happening behind closed doors. You can post all the links you want but Pro Football Talk does not work for the Jets. They are not in the room when decisions are made or contracts are discussed. Once again you are assuming this is all factual. If he was such a great TE why did only the Phins go after him? Why did he only get a 1 year deal? Look at the results not what some reporter said.

As far as his or the Jets statements, Of course they are all saying the right things. What else would they say?


keller said he wanted to stay a jet and that the new OC told him he wanted him there, but idzik never talked to him or made him an offer. the same thing revis accused idzik of (not telling him whats going on and lying about trying to trade him) slauson said jets offered him a vet minimum. so its clear that idzik didn't offer him any contract. also outside of landry who got any big mulit-year deal in FA this year?
0

#38 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 6,703
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Location:New York

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 May 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

keller said he wanted to stay a jet and that the new OC told him he wanted him there, but idzik never talked to him or made him an offer. the same thing revis accused idzik of (not telling him whats going on and lying about trying to trade him) slauson said jets offered him a vet minimum. so its clear that idzik didn't offer him any contract. also outside of landry who got any big mulit-year deal in FA this year?


But you're missing asjets point...that's all one-sided reports you're getting from people with an agenda. You don't know the real truth. That article doesn't quote Marty Mornhinweg, it "quotes" Keller saying what Marty said...and Keller has a very specific agenda here.

Also...Slauson was definitely not worth the money. You can make an argument for Keller, but I still don't think he is a great player or worth it.
Posted Image
0

#39 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

  • Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Posts: 23,913
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cali

  • NFL Team:

  • MLB:

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 23 May 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

But you're missing asjets point...that's all one-sided reports you're getting from people with an agenda. You don't know the real truth. That article doesn't quote Marty Mornhinweg, it "quotes" Keller saying what Marty said...and Keller has a very specific agenda here.

Also...Slauson was definitely not worth the money. You can make an argument for Keller, but I still don't think he is a great player or worth it.


slauson left for 200k more. i'd say he is worth that much. its not like they doubled our offer.

as far as keller, what agenda does he have really? he signed a deal already he was asked about why he left and he basically said they dind't talk to me or offer me anything. seems like thats what idzik does. if he doesn't want you, he ignores you until you go away. I know devito and landry got way to much for us to match but keller and slauson didn't and since slauson played over 90% of snaps at LG the past 3 years i'd say he was worth keeping for such a small fee. even as depth if he wans't gonna start. we have no depth at o-line right now.
0

#40 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

  • D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,203
  • Joined: 30-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheese Land Baby
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

  • NFL Team:

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 23 May 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

keller said he wanted to stay a jet and that the new OC told him he wanted him there, but idzik never talked to him or made him an offer.

So lets assume that is correct. Why do you think that is?
Posted Image
0

  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3


Fast Reply

  

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users