NYJetsFan.com Forums: Omg Shut Up Namath - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop game vs packers MNf next
FlyHiJets Icon : (18 September 2014 - 10:57 AM) #68 should get retired but considering he didn't end his career with us............
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 11:18 AM) Decker is practing today, hopefully he's fine. I finally can watch a jets game live this Monday night
santana Icon : (18 September 2014 - 01:30 PM) That's good
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:11 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:11 PM) FIRE RAUL
Jetsman05 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:27 PM) agreed
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:49 PM) Oh hey there buddy
Jetsman05 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:52 PM) harlem whats up dude
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:57 PM) Nada much man getting ready to watch this game
Jetsman05 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 06:58 PM) watching Kansas State shoot themselves
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 07:04 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 08:35 PM) Should have signed Hester.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (18 September 2014 - 08:36 PM) this game might be the worst game I have ever watched, pretty pathetic.
azjetfan Icon : (18 September 2014 - 09:31 PM) With our complete disaster of a secondary I am a little surprised we have not either signed a guy like Samuel or made a trade
azjetfan Icon : (19 September 2014 - 04:06 PM) Milliner also has a quad now. It really makes sense just to sit him until he is 100%. Lets get healthy instead of risking injury or letting Marshal go 80 for a TD.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 03:53 PM) Looks like Milliner will sit this week. Has not practiced this week.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:20 PM) WOO! Real! 8-2 shooting practice
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:21 PM) boo Liverpool
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:21 PM) FIRE RAUL!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:21 PM) idzik for admin! Milber for moderator!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:32 PM) http://gifwall.net/g...a3jjPhnyiS0.gif
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Today, 05:14 AM) RIP Rob Bironas
Canuck Jet Icon : (Today, 08:02 AM) Could some enlightened person explain why our secondary is such a mess despite tons of cap space? It's a passing league, better fix that soon or we'll see the Packers game all season.
greenandwhit... Icon : (Today, 10:21 AM) Grew up watching bironas... Good kicker RIP.
greenandwhit... Icon : (Today, 10:30 AM) Well as one aspiring to be an analyst on football i would say it's because we're trying to save up to makes some big moves next year. If you look at next year's potential free agents they're top of the line. If Ryan and Idznik can keep that cap room... Some great things can happen defensively.
greenandwhit... Icon : (Today, 10:30 AM) and offensively as well.
santana Icon : (Today, 01:32 PM) Dude bironas was solid that really sucks
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 02:30 PM) Sunday kinda sucks without jets football
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:50 PM) So who's having JETS withdrawls?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:50 PM) I didn't even watch any 1pm games cause all they had were the CHEATriots on
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:50 PM) now I'm flipping between the Den/Sea and the Az/SF games
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:51 PM) http://cdn.nextimpul...lbergstoned.gif
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:52 PM) HILARIOUS!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:56 PM) kraft is a pathetic troll
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 04:56 PM) and even a "fan" of the CHEATriots doesn't even give him any attention
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:28 PM) I still can't believe we lost to the packers and they go and lose to Detroit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:28 PM) we lost that game they didn't beat us
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:55 PM) I really hope Decker is able to play tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:55 PM) but without risking further injury cause we are going to need him later in the season
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 07:56 PM) and our running game better go off tomorrow night
santana Icon : (Today, 08:51 PM) some good games today
santana Icon : (Today, 08:51 PM) manning 4th quarter drive was pretty sick
santana Icon : (Today, 08:52 PM) so was russels OT drive
santana Icon : (Today, 08:52 PM) cousins looks legit for the skins
santana Icon : (Today, 08:52 PM) eagles another 4th quarter come back they seem really well conditioned
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Omg Shut Up Namath

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:30 PM

Joe Namath says Jets wasted a draft pick on Geno Smith
May
5/22/2013 5:40:03 AM
Share on email Share on print Share on twitter Share on facebook Share on myspace Share on stumbleupon Share on digg | More Sharing ServicesMore

Joe Namath calls Jets prized rookie QB Geno Smith a “sensational athlete” with “good size.” And Namath also thinks drafting Smith was unnecessary, Ebenezer Samuel of the New York Daily News reports. “No, I don’t think they needed a quarterback,” Namath said at the United Way’s 20th annual Gridiron Gala at the Waldorf-Astoria hotel on Tuesday. “They needed the other positions filled. Possibly offensive line. They got some defensive line. The safeties are still questionable. The outside linebackers are still questionable.”

To Namath, the Jets already had a quality quarterback in embattled starter Mark Sanchez. Sanchez has struggled in the last two seasons. But Namath attributed that to “distractions.”

“I am pulling for him,” Namath said of Sanchez. “I know that he can do better than he’s done. And we saw him lead a team to two AFC championship games, right? I also know what it’s like not to necessarily have the weapons you’d like to have, not to necessarily have the time you’d like to accomplish.”

“I know it’s a team game and I know Sanchez is going to play better,” Namath added. “I promise you you’ll see a different guy (this year). I believe you’ll see a different guy.

“Mark’s not a puppy anymore,” he added. “He’s gone through some things, growing process. As far as Sanchez goes, even if he’s not with the Jets, he’s going to play as long as he wants to. He’s that good. As long as he wants to, he’s going to be in the NFL.”

Mark Sanchez’s descent into one of the least efficient quarterbacks in the NFL hasn’t changed the way the standard for all quarterbacks in the Jets franchise — Joe Namath — views his capabilities.

The Hall of Famer said he still thinks Sanchez is the quarterback who led the team to back-to-back AFC championship games and is confident that will be seen again, now that the Tim Tebow sideshow has left town.

“I know that Sanchez is going to play better,” Namath said last night at the 20th annual Gridiron Gala, which supports the United Way of NYC. “He went through some major distractions last year. No matter how much you say, ‘It doesn’t bother me, that’s not a focus-breaker,’ bull. I promise you you’ll see a different guy this year.
ENDORSEMENT: Hall of Famer Joe Namath believes Mark Sanchez will play better this season because he won’t have to deal with the Tim Tebow distraction.
Getty Images; Richard A. Brightly (inset)
ENDORSEMENT: Hall of Famer Joe Namath believes Mark Sanchez will play better this season because he won’t have to deal with the Tim Tebow distraction.
Joe Namath
Joe Namath

“Mark’s not a puppy anymore. What he went through last year I think will only make him stronger. As far as Sanchez goes, even if he’s not with the Jets, he’s going to play as long as he wants to. He’s that good. He’ll get another job. As long as he stays healthy, he’s going to stay in the NFL.”

If Sanchez stays with the Jets, he could face the same problems Namath thinks plagued him during last year’s 6-10 season — his teammates.

“I keep stressing it’s a team game and if you look at how the overall team played last season, I don’t know who got a passing grade.” said Namath, before reeling off a few bright spots on the offensive line and secondary. “I know what he can do is better than what he’s done. I also know what it’s like to not necessarily have the weapons you’d like to have, not to necessarily have the time you’d like to get something accomplished as a passer.”

Because of Namath’s belief in Sanchez, he said he didn’t think the Jets needed to draft a quarterback last month, but the Jets legend felt confident Geno Smith would be a good fit — on the field and off — if he beat Sanchez out as the starter.

“From what I’ve heard from his coaches in college, they think a great deal of him, so that carries more weight than any of the rumors you might hear,” Namath said. “I have watched him for the past four years. He’s a sensational athlete, good size, [but] he’s got to fill out a bit. He’s a little bit lean to get out with the big men.

“If Geno beats [Sanchez] out at training camp, he deserves to start, [but] I don’t know that the deserving guy always gets to start. The contract speaks for itself sometimes.”

Get it done MT
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

I'm pretty sure seattle was in the same situation when they drafted wilson
If geno is good and takes charge of the offense everything should be ok

if he sucks and sanchez sucks also then yeah of course the jets will be in some shit
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#3 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

I still don't get why we can express our opinions on ________ without even being asked for our opinions. But Namath can't give his opinion on ________ even after being asked. Oh yeah because he used to play and he was once drunk on TV, I forgot those things disqualify him.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#4 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 22 May 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

I still don't get why we can express our opinions on ________ without even being asked for our opinions. But Namath can't give his opinion on ________ even after being asked. Oh yeah because he used to play and he was once drunk on TV, I forgot those things disqualify him.

You need a sarcasm button.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 22 May 2013 - 09:27 PM, said:

You need a sarcasm button.

We need the dripping with sarcasm emoticon on the board.

Posted Image
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#6 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 22 May 2013 - 08:36 PM, said:

We need the dripping with sarcasm emoticon on the board.

Posted Image

Love it!
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users