NYJetsFan.com Forums: Mornhinweg: Sanchez Accuracy Has Been “Sky High” - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jetsfan115 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 11:15 AM) i hate izdik
azjetfan Icon : (26 August 2014 - 12:32 PM) Our starting CB Walls working in rehab area
Jetsfan115 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 02:52 PM) any CBs that are decent on the trade block or facing salary cuts?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:00 PM) I wouldnt cut Hill watch him go to NE and turn into Randy Moss
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) I'm just glad there aren't anymore greedy bastards on the team to deal with
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) Or street thugs
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) f*** a CB problem
Jetsman05 Icon : (26 August 2014 - 03:49 PM) need 1 more in the fantasy league
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:33 PM) Dimitri suspended for the rest of preseason. I'm sorry, I know we are bone dry at corner these days but they should have cut this prick on the spot . He's going to get torched regardless this year and I'd rather cut ties with any potential cancerous attitutudes before the season even starts.
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:34 PM) Where I come from you take responsibility for your actions. Not showing up for a game is cowardly and selfish. f*** him
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 08:36 PM) Also he doesn't know what the acronym AWOL means so he's also an idiot. No wonder he's never been anything but a journeyman corner is this league.
azjetfan Icon : (26 August 2014 - 09:11 PM) So how do you really feel?
RetireChrebet Icon : (26 August 2014 - 11:18 PM) I think my last three posts pretty much summarize how I feel haha. He's making 1.5 mill this year and no call no shows because his feeling are hurt. Would rather you play corner azjetfan than this guy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 08:12 AM) Need 1 more for FFB!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 08:39 AM) Stephen Hill is going to get cut, guy sucks. Greg Salas is a better football player and deserves a spot over him
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 11:27 AM) So when do we show up to 115s house with pitchforks, tar and feathers?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 12:03 PM) i'd rather see idzik go then hill. fire idzik
bleedsgreen Icon : (27 August 2014 - 12:21 PM) Hill is such a disappointment. I really was hopping for so much when he scored 2 TDs his first game
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:11 PM) We need to get the J-E-T-S chant back this year to the way it was
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:13 PM) idk if any of u guys went to any of the games last year[Im sure some of u did] but im not a fan of the drumline leading the chant
MikeGangGree... Icon : (27 August 2014 - 03:14 PM) its not the same as 70,000 people doing it during every kickoff and after every score
Jetsfan115 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 05:43 PM) injuries and poor QB play aren't good for a WR to develop
Jetsman05 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 06:08 PM) 115 and Hill. Lol!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (27 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) the excuses, Hill is just a terrible football player. no debate, just a fact. guy is soft as shit as well
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:43 AM) right cause all our other WRs were lighting it up
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:04 PM) Hill is useless bro lol
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:05 PM) All I can say I streamed this game and if anyone thinks about recording it from NFL Network at 4pm Eastern Saturday.....DONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:07 PM) This game was pure sh1t. Even though it was back up players the Jets got totally destroyed in this game. After seeing this game Im really worried about the Jets starting core because these backup guys looked like they shouldn't have even been on the field at all. I just hope the starters are 3000 times better than these guys that played in game 4
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:09 PM) The Jets got horse f*cked by the Eagles in this game.
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:24 PM) we are hosed in the secondary
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:26 PM) we need to cut this assclown patterson
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:34 PM) did Hill get cut yet?
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:36 PM) lol. We might need to look at the Eagles cuts for possible 2nd and 3rd stringers
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:36 PM) If they keep ZHill after this game I will be shocked.
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:38 PM) Philly gave us a worse ass whipping than Detroit gave Buffalo. only difference is we scored
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 09:42 PM) Im just wondering what manning will put up on our secondary? 70?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:12 PM) who cares about getting destroyed in a preseason game, especially the 4th one. Most of these guys won't even make the team
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:15 PM) Hill cut yet?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:18 PM) FIRE IDZIK
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:21 PM) Yeah this game means nothing...except to Stephen Hill (who fumbled lol) and 115
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:23 PM) Hill is a bum, hes pretty much never shown much football skill. The Jets fucked up big time taking him over Alshon Jeffery.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:29 PM) I'm still pissed off about that
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 10:43 PM) Its not that Im worried about the preseason game itself. i could care less about that. Its the fact of how bad we got destroyed. And some of the guys will be on the team and others on the fringe so getting destroyed like that doesnt fill me with confidence
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 10:44 PM) It would be one thing if it was just the second half or 4th quarter but this was the whole game. especially getting destroyed in the 1st quarter and at least part of the 2nd where a lot of the guys will be on the team
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 PM) 2nd and 3rd stringers making the team had something to prove and even our 2nd stringers got owned so yes Im very concerned. The first stringers need breaks and also if some of them get injured they need to step up. So no after this performance start to finish Im very concerned
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Mornhinweg: Sanchez Accuracy Has Been “Sky High”

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

Mornhinweg: Sanchez accuracy has been “sky high”

New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez had an awful day during the Jets’ OTAs last week. Sanchez threw three interceptions on 11 passes and drew the ire of head coach Rex Ryan who called the performance “unacceptable.”

However, Jets offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg doesn’t view Sanchez’s performance in nearly the same light. According to Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com, Mornhinweg said Sanchez has graded out very well in accuracy during the Jets’ workouts so far this offseason.

Mornhinweg said Sanchez’s “completion percentage and accuracy percentage have been sky-high up to date.”

Mornhinweg grades both areas separately when evaluating quarterbacks. The comments to Cimini came after Sanchez threw three interceptions in practice last Wednesday. No confirmation, however, if any pass that doesn’t touch the ground goes into the plus-column on the grade sheet.

That being said, even if Sanchez was completing every pass during OTAs the skepticism of his ability would still be out in full force until he proves he’s capable of being effective in actual NFL games. The poor performances in OTAs won’t ultimately be significant either if Sanchez plays well this fall but if three interceptions in 11 passes sits well with Mornhinweg, the bar really isn’t set very high for Sanchez.

http://profootballta...-been-sky-high/

#2 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

marty must have been :sky high: to think that
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

Im sure Sanchez is going to play a lot better with Hill on the field.

:victory:

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 28 May 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

Im sure Sanchez is going to play a lot better with Hill on the field.

:victory:/>

hill is a deep ball guy like mike wallace. if your QB only throws 5 yard routes he won't be as usefull. i'm hoping marty can use him liek action jackson
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 28 May 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

hill is a deep ball guy like mike wallace. if your QB only throws 5 yard routes he won't be as usefull. i'm hoping marty can use him liek action jackson

Mike Wallace and DeSean Jackson actually performed in their rookie years though. Outside of a single, quality performance in the season opener against Buffalo, Hill didn't.

#6 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

The Hill bashing is getting old. He was a rookie that played on a shitty offense last year. Because of that I give him a pass.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

View PostSmedsthejet, on 28 May 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

Mike Wallace and DeSean Jackson actually performed in their rookie years though. Outside of a single, quality performance in the season opener against Buffalo, Hill didn't.

i guess the fact that there was no QB (mark did terrible) no o-line (mark got raped) and no other WR that did good doesn't matter huh?
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

I heard about this on ESPN and what a total joke.

3 interceptions yet they are praising him for being accurate???? Hell yes I guess because a completion to the defense is still a completion I guess.

Three interceptions in only 11 passes?!?!?!? Are you f*cking kidding me?!?!?

I'm tired of all this nonsense pr about Sanchez. I dont want to hear any news about him at all. He usually looks decent in practice over the years but 3 interceptions in one day and they have the nerve to praise him for being accurate? If Mark threw 3 int`s in a game the Jets would have absolutely zero chance of winning.

The only news I want to hear about Mark is when the season starts. If Mark is accurate and not throwing interceptions and does it for a streak of games then maybe I will believe he has something. I dont want to hear about some practice hero nonsense about a proven failure or a one game hero against a very bad team.

The way I see it Mark had his chance and has failed miserably and I dont care if Smith isn't out playing Mark at this point. I'm done with Mark completely and Id rather start the season with Smith or Mcelroy and put Mark as 2nd or 3rd string. If Smith is a legit NFL qb he will learn and get better while playing just like all the other LEGIT rookie qbs that have started from the get go and improved over time. Screw this keeping Mark as the starter because we have to pay him. Alex Smith was kept on the bench even though he was getting paid by Frisco. Mark will never get better and he needs to be benched.The money he is owed shouldn't guarantee him a starting position. Mark is and never will be nothing more than a backup caliber qb.

I just hope some of you aren't falling for this bs because we have heard the same bs about Mark ever year in camp. There is no way he is going to be 4 years straight as one of the worst statistical qbs and one of the worst overall starters and clearly below average all 4 years to suddenly becoming average or above average in his 5th year. That`s some serious fantasy land crap

#9 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

It doesn't matter, Geno Smith will be starting sooner rather than later... As a pure thrower, he has been impressing people.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

View PostJetsfan115, on 28 May 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

i guess the fact that there was no QB (mark did terrible) no o-line (mark got raped) and no other WR that did good doesn't matter huh?

I actually agree with you on this one. Not to mention he was injured the majority of the season. The only caveat to this is he didnot really flash at all and normally talented guys do. Maybe because he was injured maybe for other reasons. We will see I guess.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   sexyrexy Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

You people realize there has been more than one workout session, right? Marty's point is the media chooses only to focus on the one practice where he sucked.

We have no idea how he's done in the other practices. Would it really surprise anyone if the clowns who cover this team don't report when Sanchez has a solid session?
"My first thought was I looked and I saw who was second and [thought], 'Hey, I finally beat Belichick at something. I got him. I knew it would take time, but I finally got him.'"
--Rex Ryan on being voted the most overrated NFL head coach

#12 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:48 AM

View Postsexyrexy, on 29 May 2013 - 07:34 AM, said:

You people realize there has been more than one workout session, right? Marty's point is the media chooses only to focus on the one practice where he sucked.

We have no idea how he's done in the other practices. Would it really surprise anyone if the clowns who cover this team don't report when Sanchez has a solid session?

Beat me to it...thank you for being rational.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

View PostHurricaneJet32, on 29 May 2013 - 07:48 AM, said:

Beat me to it...thank you for being rational.

There is no room for that kinda thinking around here! :sterb041:
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

View Postsexyrexy, on 29 May 2013 - 07:34 AM, said:

Honestly I wasn't really sure. I figured they did but I hadn't heard about any other workouts so I figured that one was it so far. Yeah they just want to write about the bad stuff.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#15 User is offline   SokeSleezy Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:48 PM

lets be honest here,Sanchez could throw 2 interceptions all season get to the AFC Championship or even the Superbowl and all people will be talkin bout will be those 2 interceptions... dude has like no room for error or he's automatically thrown to the wolves lol..

#16 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:55 AM

View PostSokeSleezy, on 30 May 2013 - 11:48 PM, said:

lets be honest here,Sanchez could throw 2 interceptions all season get to the AFC Championship or even the Superbowl and all people will be talkin bout will be those 2 interceptions... dude has like no room for error or he's automatically thrown to the wolves lol..

Apparently yesterday's OTA went well for both Sanchez and Smith.

#17 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

Blah, Blah, Blah.....these excuses never end with this failure. Being a fan is one thing but you guys just live in fantasy land period.

Fact 4 years straight of being in the bottom 3 or 4 qb statically. Fact one of the top 5 in turnovers 4 years straight. Fact one of the bottom 5 in completion percentages 4 years straight. Fact 2 years out of the 4 Mark had one of if not the best oline in the NFL with 3 first round picks and probowlers. Fact mark has been in the bottom half of the league 4 years straight in yards average per completion. Fact The coaches had to basically change the offense to making Mark a game manager because he proved he wasn't a gunslinging qb that could put the team on his shoulders.

You guys can make all the excuses you want but when a qb is at the bottom of the league for 4 years straight he sucks period. Stats dont mean everything as Sanchez apologists conveniently always point out but 4 years straight of being bad in most every category tell a tale that only thing insane can logically dismiss.

No excuse is going to make Mark good or every make me believe he is good. He is way to bad in to many areas with very bad pocket presence and its proven that he cannot read defenses and has terrible accuracy for short and long throws, and throws the ball late more often than not. But he is a great nice guy so its all ok.

And I could care less about the two AFC Championship appearances. That means nothing at all. Pretty much any qb in the league backup or starter could have made the playoffs with the running game,oline, and defense this team had.

So no I'm not zeroing in one practice. Thats the problem. Its not just one practice its a constant reoccurring thing every year almost every game he has played. And good receivers or bad if Mark was a decent qb he shouldn't be throwing 3 interceptions in 11 passes in practice. That is pathetic because he isn't being trampled by the defense. Also a good qb usually can put the ball where the receiver can catch the ball and the defense cant. Yes sometimes receivers tip balls and they get picked or a qb throws a pass and expects the receiver to make a play but Mark consistently put the ball in bad places that even the best receivers would have a very hard time catching the ball. With Mark the receivers would have to make amazing catches on almost every throw.

And what I really love is a big point I make that I have made for 3 years straight but yet not one person has even bothered to debate it. Rex Grossman. Not one person has tried to argue that he is or ever was any good and yet the Bears made the Superbowl with a great defense and great running game even though he constantly turned the ball over. Rex Grossman was never good and yet he was better than Mark ever was.If the Bears would have had even an average qb they would have won the Superbowl. At least the Bears were smart enough to get rid of him and the Redskins were at least smart enough to bench him and start other qbs even though Grossman got multiple chances. So I dont get it at all......Grossman isn't argued as being good but made the Superbowl and isn't given any credit for it because people know he wasn't any good but Sanchez is supposed to be given credit for making two AFC Championships while being a terrible qb and playing worse all around than Grossman ever did??? Explain it to me. At least Rex could win games with his arm even though he threw interceptions which is something Mark has never been capable of.

So I laugh at the people who call themselves the so called voice of reason. I call it the voice of delusion and you should open your eyes. Mark was carried by the team two years and if he hasn't even proven to be average in 4 years he never will. Mark would be starting for no other team in the league but the Jets. Anywhere else he would be 2nd or 3rd string and I'm certainly not going to give credit for a guy that hasn't won against a team above .500 in two years.You guys go nuts with glee when Mark looks great against a 2 or 3 win team but then make excuses when he he looks bad against all the .500 teams or better. Get back to reality. This guy hasn't even shown he is capable of being average let alone good but keep living in the delusion and blaming everyone else for Marks poor ability to put the ball in the proper place.

I'm all for blaming receivers for dropping balls but its the qbs job to put the ball where it needs to be.Good qbs normally put the ball where the receiver has a chance to catch the ball but the defenders have little or no chance to intercept the call. With Mark his accuracy is so bad the receiver seldom gets a ball on time or on target. Usually the defenders have a better shot at catching the ball when Mark throws it.If Mark was putting the ball where it needed to be and the receivers were dropping the balls Id be blaming them too but Mark very rarely throws accurate balls so I put 95% of the blame on him. The receivers are so supposed to make adjustments but when Mark throws the ball they never know if its going to be on time, late,over thrown,under thrown, to high, or to low. Mark is so erratic with his passes its hard to tell where the ball is going to be.

And calling it blind hate is stupid. I look at the facts and the facts say the guy sucks. Nothing he has shown in four years has proven otherwise. Thats just like living under a delusion that if a team wins a Superbowl then that must mean everyone on the active roster must be good. So again just because the team made the AFC championship twice does not make Mark good just like it doesn't make Rex good because the Bears made the Superbowl.

Mark is and always will be a shit qb and deserves nothing more than a 2nd or 3rd string roll on any roster.Believing otherwise is fantasy.Just like him throwing two interceptions in a year and the Jets making the Superbowl. I dont care if Mark starts for the Jets for 15 years. It will still be fantasy. Mark cant even keep from fumbling let alone not throwing interceptions. It takes good accuracy to not throw interceptions.Anyone believing this guy will ever be good needs anti psychotic pills.

Bring in Smith. I'm done with Shitchez and I dont care if the name Shitchez is disrespectful. Mark is a shit qb and I dont want to see his shit for skills on the field anymore. He had 4 years to show he has something.Team spirit is one thing but we the fans pay to see the games,pay for merchandise, pay for broadcasting like Sunday Ticket,etc... I'm all for team spirit but the team has an obligation to put good players on the field. I dont want to pay for and watch a qb on a professional team that should be playing in the Arena league at best.

Also there are plenty of qbs that have been sacked more than him every year yet Mark is worse statistically than the guys who got sacked more. Bring on the fantasy land excuses for this pathetic excuse for an NFL starting qb. What I also find funny is that the Jets org would have absolutely cut Sanchez if he wasn't owed an arm and a leg yet even though the org knows he sucks and drafted another qb because of that we still have fans in fantasy land.

Oh....and @ FlyHi....... Were they shots downfield? Across the middle? Was he under pressure? Balls tipped? Saying 3 INTs in 11 pass attempts needs to supply more info than that. Obviously 3 picks in 11 attempts is VERY poor and is an indicator that Geno could be the starter very soon, but give us a little more to go on.

Are you smoking something? Name one coach in the NFL that lets his qb`s get pressured,touched or tackled in training camp........Also if all 3 balls were all tipped that would most definitely mean the balls were thrown very inaccurately because the probability of 3 ball being tipped and intercepted in training camp with absolutely zero pressure is low as hell unless the qb is throwing all the passes where the receiver can barely get his fingers on the ball.Not to mention that the defenders aren't playing with 100% effort in training camp. So yes it is very concerning to hear this kind of thing. Its shows lack of progress in his accuracy.Also I'm quite sure if they were all long bomb throws that would have been stated.

#18 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

bro, you didn't have to write a paper about it. I don't think anyone thinks Sanchez is our long term starter anymore. But that doesn't mean they have to hate on a player and not even give him a chance. I think Sanchez sucks, but they have a point that it is dumb to base it off of one practice session and not taking into account that Mornhiweg could be talking about multiple sessions. Remember, the media only had access to about 2 practices so far and they have had many more. I didn't see anyone saying that Sanchez is the man and will be great.
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   ROBJETS Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

View PostJetsfan0099, on 31 May 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

bro, you didn't have to write a paper about it. I don't think anyone thinks Sanchez is our long term starter anymore. But that doesn't mean they have to hate on a player and not even give him a chance. I think Sanchez sucks, but they have a point that it is dumb to base it off of one practice session and not taking into account that Mornhiweg could be talking about multiple sessions. Remember, the media only had access to about 2 practices so far and they have had many more. I didn't see anyone saying that Sanchez is the man and will be great.
Your right I didn't have to right an essay but I am utterly amazed that people still make excuses like He could throw 2 interceptions all year and make the Superbowl and try to make excuses that are stupid like Sanchez getting pressured in training camp?? I'm just tired of hearing about him and the excuses people keep making. Maybe the wool isn't over your eyes but with what some people are saying some of the fans are still dreaming he might be good.

Fact is Mark deserves every bit of criticism he gets and he is making millions to do something he isn't doing well. If he actually showed something Id give him credit for sure but he hasn't and tired of hearing the bullshit excuses all the time of why he is screwing up and laying the blame elsewhere even though he has been making the same mistakes for 4 straight years with no progression at all.Oh and any player that has started for 4 full years has had enough of a chance. Especially with the average NFL career being 2-3 years. Id say Mark has had his chance and a 5th year or part of one is just going to upset more and more Jets fans.

If Mark couldn't improve in the 2 years he had with a Superbowl caliber team while the past 3 years we are seeing starting rookie after rookie look really good and improve drastically in one year then if Mark hasn't proven himself by now he absolutely never will and is a lost cause. Its a waste of time starting him even one game. Let Smith have the starting job and if he is good he will probably show it by the end of the year just like so many other rookies after Sanchez has.

#20 User is offline   HurricaneJet32 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

View PostROBJETS, on 31 May 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

Your right I didn't have to right an essay but I am utterly amazed that people still make excuses like He could throw 2 interceptions all year and make the Superbowl and try to make excuses that are stupid like Sanchez getting pressured in training camp?? I'm just tired of hearing about him and the excuses people keep making. Maybe the wool isn't over your eyes but with what some people are saying some of the fans are still dreaming he might be good.

Fact is Mark deserves every bit of criticism he gets and he is making millions to do something he isn't doing well. If he actually showed something Id give him credit for sure but he hasn't and tired of hearing the bullshit excuses all the time of why he is screwing up and laying the blame elsewhere even though he has been making the same mistakes for 4 straight years with no progression at all.Oh and any player that has started for 4 full years has had enough of a chance. Especially with the average NFL career being 2-3 years. Id say Mark has had his chance and a 5th year or part of one is just going to upset more and more Jets fans.

If Mark couldn't improve in the 2 years he had with a Superbowl caliber team while the past 3 years we are seeing starting rookie after rookie look really good and improve drastically in one year then if Mark hasn't proven himself by now he absolutely never will and is a lost cause. Its a waste of time starting him even one game. Let Smith have the staring job and if he is good he will probably show it by the end of the year just like so many other rookies after Sanchez has.

People were defending Morninwheg I think, not Sanchez...
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users