NYJetsFan.com Forums: Futuristic High-Speed Tube Travel Could Take You From New York To Los Angeles In 45 Minutes - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

HarlemHxC814 Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:29 PM) I'm still pissed off about that
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:43 PM) Its not that Im worried about the preseason game itself. i could care less about that. Its the fact of how bad we got destroyed. And some of the guys will be on the team and others on the fringe so getting destroyed like that doesnt fill me with confidence
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:44 PM) It would be one thing if it was just the second half or 4th quarter but this was the whole game. especially getting destroyed in the 1st quarter and at least part of the 2nd where a lot of the guys will be on the team
ROBJETS Icon : (28 August 2014 - 10:48 PM) 2nd and 3rd stringers making the team had something to prove and even our 2nd stringers got owned so yes Im very concerned. The first stringers need breaks and also if some of them get injured they need to step up. So no after this performance start to finish Im very concerned
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:39 AM) Meh...you're reading too much into it
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 06:40 AM) Even in seasons where the Jets blew, I haven't seen anyone refer to the preseason to complain. Ever.
Jetsfan115 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:15 AM) fire izdik http://theredzone.or...rs/Default.aspx
Jetsman05 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 11:17 AM) I picture Rob and 115 as real life friends
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 04:01 PM) Holmes can still play, problem is that hes also a cancer. He wore out his welcome with the Jets
ganggreen2003 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 08:23 PM) did Hill get cut?
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:00 PM) Haven't seen anything yet
MikeGangGree... Icon : (29 August 2014 - 09:06 PM) Whos ready for the season!!? WOOOOO
azjetfan Icon : (30 August 2014 - 11:54 AM) Hill has been cut
MikeGangGree... Icon : (30 August 2014 - 01:24 PM) Who wants to take bets he ends up in NE
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:18 PM) We'll I guess you guys are fools then in thinking im a fool for being concerned. Do any of you even know that in 2013 the Jets gave up the most passing yards in the franchise since 1986? And our secondary right now is worse than last year right now. To not be concerned is utterly foolish.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:19 PM) Unless our d-line has a monstrous year odds are the team will be eaten up in the pass. Every team will game plan to exploit the pass this year.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 02:56 PM) Patterson got cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:24 PM) Patterson must have been a huge cancer to get cut
flood555 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:26 PM) is there a midseason draft? we need a DB!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) Our week 1 starting CBs will be Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls... wow
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 03:58 PM) interesting that Simms and Boyd were released
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 04:00 PM) No more McIntyre
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:20 PM) Pretty sure some of these cuts like Simms and McIntyre were made for removing some more cap space to try to find some decent corners and maybe another reliable wr. Possibly get some players cheap. I'd say the current 53 roster will change a good bit in the next week.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:23 PM) I just hope Geno doesn't get hurt or we are horse f*cked. Vick sure as hell can't stay healthy for a full season. I guess the FO could also be think of picking up an old vet cut as 3rd qb. Simms is ok but I'd never trust him to win a regular season game if he was put in.
ROBJETS Icon : (30 August 2014 - 05:25 PM) Anyway it's going yo be an interesting week.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:18 PM) I doubt it was about freeing up money, considering we are way under. Like more than $20 mil, way more than enough to find some vet minimum CB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (30 August 2014 - 10:19 PM) it's more about the roster numbers. McIntyre was replaced by rookies. IK showed flashes when he played
bleedsgreen Icon : (31 August 2014 - 08:34 AM) McIntyre is a shock to me he was a solid backup and made some big plays
ganggreen2003 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 04:44 PM) 1 week till we are 1-0
ganggreen2003 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 04:44 PM) we need to annihilate the GAYders
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:28 PM) We claimed McFadden from the Browns. Knows the system should be able to contribute right away
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:29 PM) Watching the Browns game now. Playing all three CB spots. Looks OK. A little grabby although he has not been called for it
azjetfan Icon : (31 August 2014 - 05:30 PM) Might be a little aggressive and get burnt over top
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (31 August 2014 - 10:26 PM) FIRE IDZIK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:58 AM) ^^^ agreed
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:25 PM) all the admins on this page should be fired
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:25 PM) for being assclowns
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:17 PM) The Jets are fucked at CB, signing some bums now. We need Milliner to get healthy
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 04:20 PM) We have signed CB Phillip Adams
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:55 PM) The Gayders are playing Derek Carr against the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:55 PM) our D Line better put him in a WORLD OF PAIN
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:11 PM) Rookie QB in our house...Rex do your thing!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:56 PM) with Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls as our starting CBs
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:00 PM) our offense should be better than last year, Geno looks more comfortable
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) The Jets released Jeremiah George and Ellis Lankster, hopefully George finds his way to the PS. AJ Edds was re-signed
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Futuristic High-Speed Tube Travel Could Take You From New York To Los Angeles In 45 Minutes

#41 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:11 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 03 June 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

I'd rather my taxes go towards infrastructure projects and rebuilding America. I don't want to wait until some private company can get the funding. Europe and China would just continue to zoom past us even further and faster when it comes to infrastructure. While our roads and bridges continue to crumble. As I said in my first post, thankfully we didn't think that way when we were building this country's infrastructure in the past.

But if we did use private would it have been better? That is a question we will never know the answer to. Also unions would not have been dictating the terms of labor price like they do now. Much different time. As far as the waiting for lending or anything else it would be the same time period either way. By the time the planning and labor force was assembled the loan would long be done.
Posted Image

#42 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 03 June 2013 - 11:11 PM, said:

But if we did use private would it have been better? That is a question we will never know the answer to. Also unions would not have been dictating the terms of labor price like they do now. Much different time. As far as the waiting for lending or anything else it would be the same time period either way. By the time the planning and labor force was assembled the loan would long be done.

Better than what train tracks that were built decades ago? That's not saying much. I don't believe that any private company in this country could find the financing, the support from both congress and the president (:hysterical:), be able to make MULTIPLE state governments happy and be able to navigate through those different states' interests and regulations, find enough cheap non-union (because their evil and everything) LEGAL labor, and be able to withstand the "not in my back yard" critics of this project they WILL come up against. I'll believe it when I see it, but history is on my side. Just like I'll believe a private company will be able to fly to the moon and build towns there when I see that. I don't think I'll live long enough to see either of these happen.

I just do not believe that a private company would be able to fund and build a project that goes from New York City to Los Angeles, California. I'll say that again for emphasis. I do not believe a private company would be able to fund and build a project that goes from New York City to Los Angeles, California. We're not talking about a skyscraper or football stadium here. We're talking about something that will be thousands of miles long and make stops in Chicago, Philadelphia, D.C., Boston, St. Louis, Dallas, Phoenix, S.F. No freaking way any private company is building that on their own. I'm sorry I just don't believe it. There is only one entity in this country that will ALWAYS have the money and time to build something that massive. The United States federal government.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers
16-times NBA World Champions

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#43 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:45 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 03 June 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

Better than what train tracks that were built decades ago? That's not saying much. I don't believe that any private company in this country could find the financing, the support from both congress and the president (:hysterical:/>), be able to make MULTIPLE state governments happy and be able to navigate through those different states' interests and regulations, find enough cheap non-union (because their evil and everything) LEGAL labor, and be able to withstand the "not in my back yard" critics of this project they WILL come up against. I'll believe it when I see it, but history is on my side. Just like I'll believe a private company will be able to fly to the moon and build towns there when I see that. I don't think I'll live long enough to see either of these happen.

I just do not believe that a private company would be able to fund and build a project that goes from New York City to Los Angeles, California. I'll say that again for emphasis. I do not believe a private company would be able to fund and build a project that goes from New York City to Los Angeles, California. We're not talking about a skyscraper or football stadium here. We're talking about something that will be thousands of miles long and make stops in Chicago, Philadelphia, D.C., Boston, St. Louis, Dallas, Phoenix, S.F. No freaking way any private company is building that on their own. I'm sorry I just don't believe it. There is only one entity in this country that will ALWAYS have the money and time to build something that massive. The United States federal government.

Once again we can agree to disagree. To be clear I never said Unions were evil, Just they would increase the labor cost.
Posted Image

#44 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

Bank net asset size.

JPMorgan Chase $2.389 trillion
Bank of America with $2.17 trillion
Citigroup with $1.88 trillion and
Wells Fargo with $1.43 trillion.
Plenty of funding. Also keep in mind this does not need to be funded from one entity.

We seem to be getting stuck on the funding. To recap I also said the government could be the funder. The comment about support from both congress and the President would hold true even if it were a government project. They cant even agree on a budget. How are they going to agree on something half (I am guessing on %)of the population would not think was a need.
Posted Image

#45 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 04 June 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

Bank net asset size.

JPMorgan Chase $2.389 trillion
Bank of America with $2.17 trillion
Citigroup with $1.88 trillion and
Wells Fargo with $1.43 trillion.
Plenty of funding. Also keep in mind this does not need to be funded from one entity.

You mean the banks that went crazy in the 2000s and then when the shit finally hit the fan, they went to the inefficient federal government for a bailout (or as I and others like to call it, corporate welfare)? The same banks who gave out loans to people they knew would not be able to pay them back? Excuse me if I don't have the same faith in these banks doing the good and right thing when this project hits the inevitable snag. I see no reason to leave it to the banks (especially those banks) to fund this massive, cross continent infrastructure project. Other than just to involve the banks so they can get in on a piece of the action and make them happy (since we have to keep them happy). The company might as well get most of their funding from the government if the banks are going to be at all worried about owning this system if the company fails.

Oster and his team are selling licenses for the rights to build the tracks and tubes, but says the ultimate network will need both private and public funding. He also plans to start a Kickstarter campaign in hopes of raising funds for a documentary about ETT.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1385661.html

Even the guy proposing this thinks he's going to need some public funds too. Even he knows he's not going to get enough private funds to build this thing on his own. He might as let the gov't give him the majority of the funding.

We seem to be getting stuck on the funding. To recap I also said the government could be the funder. The comment about support from both congress and the President would hold true even if it were a government project. They cant even agree on a budget. How are they going to agree on something half (I am guessing on %)of the population would not think was a need.

Well the one thing congress and the president (whoever it is) can agree on is they like to take the credit for the things people like. People like better roads, bridges, electrical, water and sewer systems, etc. I remember those Republicans who bitched and moaned to the public about how bad the stimulus was back in 2009. But then in private asked for some stimulus money (Paul Ryan), and then when those funds came to their states and districts they were right there posing with those big golf tournament checks for the newspaper photos. Or when they were all smiles at those ribbon cutting ceremonies for things that the stimulus money helped build. Those things make them look like they're doing something. Bringing tax dollars back to the tax payers. Bringing home the bacon so to speak. Congress and the president couldn't take credit for something a private company built, that wouldn't help them get re-elected. Congress and the president can all agree that they want to make themselves look good to the voters. The easiest way to do that is to bring money and projects (work) into the district. When the public sees with their own eyes tax dollars benefiting them, I rarely hear of them complaining to congress and the president.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.

#46 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 04 June 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

You mean the banks that went crazy in the 2000s and then when the shit finally hit the fan, they went to the inefficient federal government for a bailout (or as I and others like to call it, corporate welfare)? The same banks who gave out loans to people they knew would not be able to pay them back?

You do realize the government made a huge profit from TARP loans right? Those were interest bearing loans. Why do you think they were paid back so quickly.

You say in one hand "they went to the inefficient federal government for a bailout" but yet the same government you want to build something this massive. The same government that relaxed the regs on subsidized loans (people who should not have qualified) to the point where the whole economy failed. The aggressive banks and credit unions all had to keep making these poor loans to stay competitive due to the lack of proper foundation set by the government. The conservative financials (banks) did not take TARP funds and now are being heckled for being conservative. Mmmm seems interesting.

Even the guy proposing this thinks he's going to need some public funds too. Even he knows he's not going to get enough private funds to build this thing on his own. He might as let the gov't give him the majority of the funding.

Of course he wants public funding. Who would not? The more funding he gets the more $ in his pocket. It would seem he needs some partners to make this float. Your boy Warren Buffet (who I have a great deal of respect for) would need financial help with this.

Well the one thing congress and the president (whoever it is) can agree on is they like to take the credit for the things people like. People like better roads, bridges, electrical, water and sewer systems, etc. I remember those Republicans who bitched and moaned to the public about how bad the stimulus was back in 2009. But then in private asked for some stimulus money (Paul Ryan), and then when those funds came to their states and districts they were right there posing with those big golf tournament checks for the newspaper photos. Or when they were all smiles at those ribbon cutting ceremonies for things that the stimulus money helped build. Those things make them look like they're doing something. Bringing tax dollars back to the tax payers. Bringing home the bacon so to speak. Congress and the president couldn't take credit for something a private company built, that wouldn't help them get re-elected. Congress and the president can all agree that they want to make themselves look good to the voters. The easiest way to do that is to bring money and projects (work) into the district. When the public sees with their own eyes tax dollars benefiting them, I rarely hear of them complaining to congress and the president.

Lets try to keep the Republican VS Democrate out of this conversation. Different topic. I am sure we could both scour the web finding all kinds of anti whatever articles and info.
Posted Image

#47 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 04 June 2013 - 05:31 PM, said:

You do realize the government made a huge profit from TARP loans right? Those were interest bearing loans. Why do you think they were paid back so quickly.

You say in one hand "they went to the inefficient federal government for a bailout" but yet the same government you want to build something this massive. The same government that relaxed the regs on subsidized loans (people who should not have qualified) to the point where the whole economy failed. The aggressive banks and credit unions all had to keep making these poor loans to stay competitive due to the lack of proper foundation set by the government. The conservative financials (banks) did not take TARP funds and now are being heckled for being conservative. Mmmm seems interesting.

I was being sarcastic when I called the federal government inefficient. I was mocking the folks who complain about the government being inefficient and can't do anything right.

But you mean to tell me the government relaxed (and even got rid of altogether) regulations on the banks, allowing them to run wild? I wonder why?

Reagan's 1st treasury secretary - Don Regan (CEO of Merrill Lynch)
Reagan's 3rd and Bush Sr.'s only treasury secretary - Nicholas Brady (Chairman of the Board of Dillon Read & Co. Inc.[now part of UBS])
Clinton's 1st treasury secretary - Lloyd Bentsen (President of Lincoln Consolidated Inc.)
Clinton's 2nd treasury secretary - Robert Rubin (Co-Chairman of Goldman Sachs and later worked for Citigroup)
Clinton's 3rd treasury secretary - Lawrence Summers (Chief Economist at the World Bank, would also advise Obama during his 1st term)
Bush Jr.'s 2nd treasury secretary - John Snow (a director at NationsBank)
Bush Jr.'s 3rd treasury secretary - Hank Paulson (Chairman and CEO of Goldman Sachs)
Obama's 1st treasury secretary - Tim Geithner (President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, very close to Citigroup executives)
Obama's 2nd (and current) treasury secretary - Jacob Lew (a COO at Citigroup)

It should come as no surprise that banks have heavy influence over the government (the entity that is supposed to regulate them). With all these bankers and people associated with banks in and around the government for the last 30 years, we basically have had the foxes guarding the chicken coop for 30 years. You won't get any argument from me that the government is just as responsible as the banks are for the economic catastrophe. That's because they've been in bed with the banks for way too long. That's the problem. They need more separation. If they had had that separation during these last 30 years, there wouldn't have even been a need for TARP. The banks wouldn't have been able to get out of control. But the banks bought (campaign donations) and infiltrated (gov't jobs and a powerful lobbyist) the government and that caused the problem. The government didn't do all that deregulation just because they wanted to. The banks influenced them to do it.

Of course he wants public funding. Who would not? The more funding he gets the more $ in his pocket. It would seem he needs some partners to make this float. Your boy Warren Buffet (who I have a great deal of respect for) would need financial help with this.

That's why the gov't might as well just fund the damn thing. The U.S. federal gov't will always have enough money to fund this.

Lets try to keep the Republican VS Democrate out of this conversation. Different topic. I am sure we could both scour the web finding all kinds of anti whatever articles and info.

As I said all these things are intertwined. You can't expect politicians not to think politically.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#48 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:34 AM

In my opinion this is exactly the kind of thing taxpayer money is supposed to be used for. Considering some of the other shit our money is wasted on, I would be ecstatic if government money would be used for something as efficient as this.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#49 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 04 June 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

I was being sarcastic when I called the federal government inefficient. I was mocking the folks who complain about the government being inefficient and can't do anything right.

But you mean to tell me the government relaxed (and even got rid of altogether) regulations on the banks, allowing them to run wild? I wonder why?

Reagan's 1st treasury secretary - Don Regan (CEO of Merrill Lynch)
Reagan's 3rd and Bush Sr.'s only treasury secretary - Nicholas Brady (Chairman of the Board of Dillon Read & Co. Inc.[now part of UBS])
Clinton's 1st treasury secretary - Lloyd Bentsen (President of Lincoln Consolidated Inc.)
Clinton's 2nd treasury secretary - Robert Rubin (Co-Chairman of Goldman Sachs and later worked for Citigroup)
Clinton's 3rd treasury secretary - Lawrence Summers (Chief Economist at the World Bank, would also advise Obama during his 1st term)
Bush Jr.'s 2nd treasury secretary - John Snow (a director at NationsBank)
Bush Jr.'s 3rd treasury secretary - Hank Paulson (Chairman and CEO of Goldman Sachs)
Obama's 1st treasury secretary - Tim Geithner (President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, very close to Citigroup executives)
Obama's 2nd (and current) treasury secretary - Jacob Lew (a COO at Citigroup)

So we agree the regs were to loose?

View PostMr_Jet, on 04 June 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

It should come as no surprise that banks have heavy influence over the government (the entity that is supposed to regulate them). With all these bankers and people associated with banks in and around the government for the last 30 years, we basically have had the foxes guarding the chicken coop for 30 years. You won't get any argument from me that the government is just as responsible as the banks are for the economic catastrophe. That's because they've been in bed with the banks for way too long. That's the problem. They need more separation. If they had had that separation during these last 30 years, there wouldn't have even been a need for TARP. The banks wouldn't have been able to get out of control. But the banks bought (campaign donations) and infiltrated (gov't jobs and a powerful lobbyist) the government and that caused the problem. The government didn't do all that deregulation just because they wanted to. The banks influenced them to do it.

Again we agree the government dropped the ball on the regs and some banks ran with it. By some I mean the minority. If you count all the Wells, Citis, US Banks and BofA as one bank each, you will see most banks did not participate in the Tarp funds. With further research you will see even some of the ones that did, may not have needed it but took it because it was a cheap way to pay off other liabilities. Wells is a perfect example. Without the TARP funds paying off the NORWEST merger there is no way they would have the assets off the Wachovia merger. Again a bad move on the governments side. They created another larger bank.

_
That's why the gov't might as well just fund the damn thing. The U.S. federal gov't will always have enough money to fund this..

That thought process makes little to no sense to me. Can you define what you mean by funding?

As I said all these things are intertwined. You can't expect politicians not to think politically.

Everything is intertwined if you look deep enough. What I would like to do it keep this from turning into a war of the sides and keep this on track or on tube for this thread. :rolleyes:/>/>/>/>
Posted Image

#50 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 05 June 2013 - 05:34 AM, said:

In my opinion this is exactly the kind of thing taxpayer money is supposed to be used for. Considering some of the other shit our money is wasted on, I would be ecstatic if government money would be used for something as efficient as this.

I believe the disagreement is not if the actual system would be efficient, but if the government can build it effeiently or if a private company would be better. Having the transport is pretty much agreed upon.
Posted Image

#51 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

holy shit if something went wrong in one of these things it would be incredibly brutal

this is still very fiction
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#52 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 05 June 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

So we agree the regs were to loose?

Because the big banks used their money to influence elected officials? Yep. That's why ever since the economy tanked I and many others have supported the full reimplementation of the Glass-Steagall Act.

Again we agree the government dropped the ball on the regs and some banks ran with it. By some I mean the minority. If you count all the Wells, Citis, US Banks and BofA as one bank each, you will see most banks did not participate in the Tarp funds. With further research you will see even some of the ones that did, may not have needed it but took it because it was a cheap way to pay off other liabilities. Wells is a perfect example. Without the TARP funds paying off the NORWEST merger there is no way they would have the assets off the Wachovia merger. Again a bad move on the governments side. They created another larger bank.

Your talking about the same Wells Fargo that avoided paying taxes during the Great Recession and laid offed people while increasing executive pay by 180% during that time? Yeah ITA, the government has made numerous bad moves where the big banks are concerned. Again I wonder why? Posted Image

That thought process makes little to no sense to me. Can you define what you mean by funding?

As long as there are millions of people paying taxes to the federal gov't, they will always have enough to fund the building and the maintaining of large public works projects.

Everything is intertwined if you look deep enough. What I would like to do it keep this from turning into a war of the sides and keep this on track or on tube for this thread. :rolleyes:/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

Everything is intertwined because as Mr. Oster said himself, the project would need both private and public funds. Those public funds would be given out by elected officials a.k.a. politicians.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#53 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 05 June 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

Because the big banks used their money to influence elected officials? Yep. That's why ever since the economy tanked I and many others have supported the full reimplementation of the Glass-Steagall Act.

Your talking about the same Wells Fargo that avoided paying taxes during the Great Recession and laid offed people while increasing executive pay by 180% during that time? Yeah ITA, the government has made numerous bad moves where the big banks are concerned. Again I wonder why? Posted Image

This is the same government we want to put in charge of this project? :banghead: And Yes that Wells Fargo. The one that still employs 270,000 Americans with awesome benefits. The one just like any business no matter how big or small will use what ever resources it has to make a profit. The whole reason a business exists.

As long as there are millions of people paying taxes to the federal gov't, they will always have enough to fund the building and the maintaining of large public works projects.

This is the same Federal Government that cannot balance a budget, Get us out of debt or agree on anything to do positive things. Our government is made to be ineffecient. From the ground up it was designed this way. I am not saying it is right, Just that it is this way.

Everything is intertwined because as Mr. Oster said himself, the project would need both private and public funds. Those public funds would be given out by elected officials a.k.a. politicians.

Lets just say government then, not Dems or Reps. I am sure from our conversations you probably think I am a Republican. I am not. I am as conservative as it gets fiscally but other than that I am pretty much in the middle of the road.
Posted Image

#54 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:59 PM

View Postsantana, on 05 June 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

holy shit if something went wrong in one of these things it would be incredibly brutal

this is still very fiction

All I can think of is when one of those big bugs hit your winshield on the freeway X1000. :vava:
Posted Image

#55 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:37 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 05 June 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

This is the same government we want to put in charge of this project? :banghead:/> And Yes that Wells Fargo. The one that still employs 270,000 Americans with awesome benefits. The one just like any business no matter how big or small will use what ever resources it has to make a profit. The whole reason a business exists.

I never said put the gov't needs in charge of the project, I've said over and over let them fund it. Like they do with our roads and bridges. How many dirt roads did you drive on today? Apparently that's one infrastructure project that were able to do efficiently. I've seen multiple friends and family of mine graduate from PUBLIC schools and universities over the past month. Another thing the gov't was able to do efficiently. I saw President Obama and Governor Christie at the Jersey Shore last week less than a year after Hurricane Sandy. Who's funding the rebuilding of that? Who's going to fund the rebuilding of Moore, OK? The apparently more efficient than people realize government.

This is the same Federal Government that cannot balance a budget, Get us out of debt or agree on anything to do positive things. Our government is made to be ineffecient. From the ground up it was designed this way. I am not saying it is right, Just that it is this way.

Well the federal gov't did have not only a balanced budget but a surplus too back in 2000. Then in 2001 a guy came in after NOT winning the popular vote and decided that this country needed to give TWO tax cuts to the rich and not pay for them. Fight TWO wars overseas (one of which was totally unnecessary). Expand Medicare to primarily benefit health care companies and not pay for that. And finally let the banks run wild for most of the 2000s. So when he left in 2009 that balanced budget and surplus were long gone. I'm not going to name any names though, but until he came along we had a balanced budget.

Lets just say government then, not Dems or Reps. I am sure from our conversations you probably think I am a Republican. I am not. I am as conservative as it gets fiscally but other than that I am pretty much in the middle of the road.

Don't be sensitive about the words Democrat and Republican. There is nothing wrong with being one of them.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#56 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

View PostMr_Jet, on 05 June 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

I never said put the gov't needs in charge of the project, I've said over and over let them fund it. Like they do with our roads and bridges. How many dirt roads did you drive on today? Apparently that's one infrastructure project that were able to do efficiently. I've seen multiple friends and family of mine graduate from PUBLIC schools and universities over the past month. Another thing the gov't was able to do efficiently. I saw President Obama and Governor Christie at the Jersey Shore last week less than a year after Hurricane Sandy. Who's funding the rebuilding of that? Who's going to fund the rebuilding of Moore, OK? The apparently more efficient than people realize government.

So you expect the Government to hand out tax payer dollars and not be in charge? That would be a train wreck

How are you judging the efficiency of the roads? Because they are paved and “completed'? What about cost, the down time for rebuilding, sufficient lanes and markings, condition etc...

Well the federal gov't did have not only a balanced budget but a surplus too back in 2000. Then in 2001 a guy came in after NOT winning the popular vote and decided that this country needed to give TWO tax cuts to the rich and not pay for them. Fight TWO wars overseas (one of which was totally unnecessary). Expand Medicare to primarily benefit health care companies and not pay for that. And finally let the banks run wild for most of the 2000s. So when he left in 2009 that balanced budget and surplus were long gone. I'm not going to name any names though, but until he came along we had a balanced budget.

And yet we still want to have this government in charge of this huge project. Every comment you make like this just reenforces what I am saying.

Don't be sensitive about the words Democrat and Republican. There is nothing wrong with being one of them.

Its not a sensitivity issue. Its a "lets not muddy the water issue."
Posted Image

#57 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

View Postazjetfan, on 05 June 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

So you expect the Government to hand out tax payer dollars and not be in charge? That would be a train wreck

How are you judging the efficiency of the roads? Because they are paved and “completed'? What about cost, the down time for rebuilding, sufficient lanes and markings, condition etc...

You mean like FEMA helping to rebuild areas devastated by disasters? Do you mean like the Transportation Department giving Washington state $1 million to help start the rebuilding of the collapsed bridge? Both government organizations that despite handing out money for building projects, have managed not to be a "train wreck." I haven't seen any of the big banks jumping over themselves to give Washington state the money to rebuild that bridge. IDK maybe it's just me, but I like having paved roads and bridges and other infrastructure in my daily life? If it's going to be between government officials and bank executives in control of anything I'd rather choose the government officials. Government officials can actually still go to prison when they f*** up big time.

And yet we still want to have this government in charge of this huge project. Every comment you make like this just reenforces what I am saying.

No it doesn't because the person responsible for all those f*** ups is gone now. I never voted for him BTW. But you said the federal government couldn't balance the budget, and I pointed out they did balance the budget (and had a surplus). How? Because Bush Sr. raised taxes in 1990 and Clinton raised taxes again in 1993, and they both cut the DoD budget after the Cold War (because Reagan decided we needed to buy a bunch a bombs and shit without paying for them).

It always seems when these "fiscal conservatives" get in control of the government, they leave government with an even bigger deficit than when they came in. Maybe they're only fiscally conservatives when it comes to cutting social programs but not so much when it comes to giving tax breaks to the rich and buying guns and bombs. And yet some people keep on voting for them. But no let's lump them all together and blame everybody in government, rather than the ones actually responsible for making the mess, the so-called fiscal conservatives. No, everybody in government is not the same on budget matters.

Its not a sensitivity issue. Its a "lets not muddy the water issue."

Well I'm going to keep the words Democrat and Republican. Because even though both parties love and are influenced by big money donors, they still have different beliefs.
New York Jets
Super Bowl III Champions

Los Angeles Lakers

#58 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

We are just going in circles again. I am done. :trink39:
Posted Image

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic