NYJetsFan.com Forums: Xbox One Vs Ps4 - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets lose by 1 to pats possibly Rex's last home game
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) I don't have $ to buy any weed right now
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) business is slow and I got other things to worry about
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) Game not over yet
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) but I'm still cool as a cucumber
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) Who declared cucumbers cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:40 PM) cucumbers are cool cause I said so
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) And you said so because you're cool as a cucumber
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) That was a stupid penalty
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) yup
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) I'm mad chill
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) he got hammered
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) I'm not as cool as the other side of the pillow though cause that is gay as f***
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:43 PM) So what are you saying? You ride cucumbers?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:44 PM) nope but cucumbers are great on sandwiches and sandwiches are f***ing awesome
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) and they can be fermented and become pickles which is always great on sandwiches and I already said it sandwiches are f***ing awesome
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:46 PM) He's got a point
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) of course I do I'm moderator material
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) Where's the studs and duds thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) I bring shit to the table that noone else does cause well I'm f***ing awesome just like sandwiches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) there were no studs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) and the duds would be so long to list I'd still be typing if I had started that thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:49 PM) but at least the bills lost to the lowly raiders
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) Ok im trying to get this
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the jets have gone up against all total teams with a record of 114-110
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the Jags have gone up against 114-109-1
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:53 PM) if Denver wins. that's 115-110 against us and 114-110-1 against the Jags
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) How do they have the harder Schedule strength??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:56 PM) that's if Denver wins tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 PM) Is it me or is Tony Dungy awkward looking when he tries to smile and stares straight into the camera while doing the Football Night in America broadcast
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) the job the GM in Arizona has done with dealing with all those injuries this season is something I would love to emulate for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) finding talent in places you don't expect
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) but instead we get a pencil pusher
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) who puts us in great position cap wise but can't evaluate talent for shit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and makes horrible draft picks
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and just wasted every single JETS fans time for the past 6 months
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and next monday that shit comes to an end
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) bye bye idzik bye bye rex dueces geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:19 PM) Fire Idzik Fire Rex Cut Geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:23 PM) Would you make a trade to get Larry Fitzgerald?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) Beastmode
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) wow
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:21 PM) "Hold ma diiiiiiickkkkkk"
-lynch
a1elbow2.0 Icon : (Today, 12:58 AM) Someone needs to save 2003s comments today for future generations
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 10:59 AM) SUCK FOR THE DUCK
Chaos Icon : (Today, 11:37 AM) another potential HC name - Sean Payton. There is a possibility that the Saints decide it's time for a change. Unlikely but if it happens and he's out there....
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Xbox One Vs Ps4 any hype here?

#1 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:34 PM

Well since E3 is around the corner and it should be a fairly important event with the introduction of 2 new consoles with their respective games

Also I'm sure nintendo will have something up its sleeve

Just wondering if anyone else is bothering with this and has any opinions or thoughts on the direction the gaming industry will take
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#2 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

I watched it today. Personally, I am more of a fan of Xbox than Playstation. I might end up with both one day, but I will probably go for Xbox One first.

I think Nintendo is pretty well established as being a non-threat to these 2 now.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:03 AM

Most of the feedback is that sony just knocked microsoft out

I doubt i will own both consoles this time around. I still think the ps3 hardware is sufficient for what I use it for...which is to collect dust and occasionally stream movies to the big screen.

I preordered the ps4 so that I have one available to me either to resell or play around with.

#4 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:21 PM

http://www.viddler.c...secret=82898940

games are getting so nuts

#5 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

View Postsantana, on 10 June 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

Most of the feedback is that sony just knocked microsoft out

I doubt i will own both consoles this time around. I still think the ps3 hardware is sufficient for what I use it for...which is to collect dust and occasionally stream movies to the big screen.

I preordered the ps4 so that I have one available to me either to resell or play around with.

just osny fanboy BS trying to shift the market. look at the systems and make your own decision. the X1 is way better IMO
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

http://www.cinemable...arly-56766.html

Posted Image

TKO

#7 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

View Postsantana, on 06 August 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

Like i said. basically the sony fanboys are making it their job to try and convince people to buy a PS4. Take a look at it for yourself. your a smart guy and make your own decision. I'm gonna grab both, but the X1 is better. i mean sony has octodad, killzone, knack, and driveclub while X1 has titanfall, ryse, spark, KI, forza. Even people buying the PS4 aren't getting any sony games. there launch titles are bad. most are getting CoD or BF4
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:family, football, life and gaming hit me up on ps3 MTYSON

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

just trying to figure out what part of the xbox one does anything better than the ps4.. just curious lol

#9 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:28 AM

I don't think being a "fanboy" has anything to do with this

if anything the reason why microsoft backtracked on a number of their policies was because of the overwhelming pressure created by a consensus of gamers.

Also the architecture for the xbox one, ps3 and pc will all be on the same x86 foundation. you will see much less exclusives. 3rd party game creators such as ea, ubisoft, square enix, sega, activision etc etc will focus their titles on being cross platform to be able to reach the most amount of customers. porting games from one system to the other will be much easier with this new generation.

The TV licensing for the xbox one could make an impact. But in terms of hardware performance the systems are identical. Hardware aesthetics are more subjective but I personally will stick with sony who has much better experience developing hardware. I don't enjoy motion tracking games and also don't need a second tv tuner connected to my television. I decided on the ps4 because of the price point and the controller which I prefer and that i don't need a camera.

#10 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:05 PM

View Postsantana, on 20 August 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

if anything the reason why microsoft backtracked on a number of their policies was because of the overwhelming pressure created by a consensus of gamers.

Also the architecture for the xbox one, ps3 and pc will all be on the same x86 foundation. you will see much less exclusives. 3rd party game creators such as ea, ubisoft, square enix, sega, activision etc etc will focus their titles on being cross platform to be able to reach the most amount of customers. porting games from one system to the other will be much easier with this new generation.

The TV licensing for the xbox one could make an impact. But in terms of hardware performance the systems are identical. Hardware aesthetics are more subjective but I personally will stick with sony who has much better experience developing hardware. I don't enjoy motion tracking games and also don't need a second tv tuner connected to my television. I decided on the ps4 because of the price point and the controller which I prefer and that i don't need a camera.

very well put

#11 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:44 PM

View Postsantana, on 19 August 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:

View Post518-JeTS-FaN, on 22 August 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

very well put

well hotchips came and went. Sony dind't show up, but form we learned is the X1 does have a bit more power then the PS4 the RAM Bandwidth is over 200GB/s to the GPU and 30GB/s to the CPU where the PS4 sits at 176 and 20. also GDDR5 ram has a high latency and CPUs are very sensitive to latency which is why you don't see PCs running on GDDR5 ram even now. Not sure what impact that'll actually have. we've seen more games go 1080P and 60FPS on xbox (titanfall, BF4, halo etc) and none on the PS4 (either not 1080p or not 60FPS) which is a concern is power is already an issue. MS arcitecture is quite impressive and you can see the diagrams. They also have a custom HPA designed with AMD similar to HUMA and audio block adding in 2 CPU cores of computing power (which PS4 doesn't have) has built in wifi of a/b/g/n and 2.4 and 5.0 GHz where PS4 has b/g/n and only 2.4 (no A or 5.0 form PS4) also X1 has wifi direct (PS4 doens't) they also showed that have 8GB of Flash memory (PS4 doens't) but didn't specify what it'll do. the PS4 supposedly has a better GPU if you go by TFLOps (1.3 to 1.8) but when benchmarked it showed Tflops are unreliable as to whats better. the X1 GPU does allow more polygons. That about sums up why the X1 is more powerfull

as far as features it has the better motion controls/camera by far (if thats your thing) TV deals with NFL and ESPN and can control your TV/DVR with voice commands via kinect. and built in IR blaster and HDMI in (PS4 doesn't have either) so basically you can walk in your room and say xbox on, TV on, ESPN and be watching espn before you ever look for your remote (pretty cool imo) also allows full multitasking with snap controls (watch TV and play a game at the same time etc) queing for a lobby in 1 game while playing another. Both till have DVR and live streaming via twitch, X1 supports external capture cards as well, no word on sony yet for the PS4 support of capture cards.

Online play PSN is 50 a years XBLG is 60 a years (but usually you can find it cheaper) X1 gives you dedicated servers for all MP games (CoD will have them on X1 but not PS4) as well as bigger live worlds using the cloud and MS azure platform of 300k servers. It'll also offload processes from games and power latency insesntive stuff (physicas, AI, weather effects, Draw distance etc) giving a performance boost to the X1 (requires 1.5MBPS broadband connectioin but can boost the power to 4 times a stand alone X1)

Controller - X1 will have HD audio jacks compared to the DS4 standard 3.5mm jack. Also a built in IR sensor and face recognition form kinect signs you in and recognizes who is holding the controller and loads your profile. pass it to a friend and it loads their profile. no switching needed. X1 added independant rumble on the triggers, DS4 has a touch pad.

Game highlights (non indie)
PS4 knack, killzone, driveclub, the order, infamous,
X1 - Ryse, titanfall, Project spark, sunset overdrive, Forza, quantum break

overall the X1 is looking much better
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#12 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

still using AA batteries in the controllers? lmao thats so next gen. and no bluetooth. nice copy and paste job tho

#13 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

View Post518-JeTS-FaN, on 01 September 2013 - 10:36 AM, said:

still using AA batteries in the controllers? lmao thats so next gen. and no bluetooth. nice copy and paste job tho

dude keep the fanboy BS to the gaming forums please. if you wanna go all rah rah sony do it there. not here where we are supposed to be a "jet family"
Nothing was copy and paste. thats form my own knowledge, while i provided facts you made a 1 liner saying nothing.
also bluetooth is 1/10th the speed of wi-fi direct so why would they put bluetooth in when they have a better technolohy in wi-fi direct. it would be like saying why doesn't an I-phone have a built in pager lol

http://www.pcworld.c..._Supremacy.html

so again, why would they want an old bluetooth technology when they can get 10 times the speed (much better for the HD audio on gaming headsets) and the range of 2 football fields (no more disconnecting when going to the fridge for a drink. now do you wanna be an adult and discuss it or act like a little kid?
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

what did I say that was fanboy? if anything youre the biggest angry ms fanboy ive seen in a while. the fact that you said fanboys are making it their job to convince people to buy the ps4 made everything you said after it irrelevant. That one line was a kiddie statement. People are gonna buy whichever system they want most likely from past experience. This is the gaming section correct? and the topic says ps4 vs xbox one correct? So where else should I post my opinion. Yea we are jet family no doubt but look in the mirror at your fanboyisms

#15 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

View Post518-JeTS-FaN, on 03 September 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

what did I say that was fanboy? if anything youre the biggest angry ms fanboy ive seen in a while. the fact that you said fanboys are making it their job to convince people to buy the ps4 made everything you said after it irrelevant. That one line was a kiddie statement. People are gonna buy whichever system they want most likely from past experience. This is the gaming section correct? and the topic says ps4 vs xbox one correct? So where else should I post my opinion. Yea we are jet family no doubt but look in the mirror at your fanboyisms

hardly, he asked a question, i said your smart do your research and get what you want. you said "i don't see one reason the xbox is better" I then give a 4-5 paragraph breakdown on specs, features, etc and you reply "still using AA batteries and doens't have bluetooth" those are the kind of comments you see on gamespot where a bunch of idiots trash each other. I'm just saying here it doesn't belong. we a jet family, not a bunch of random people. No need to make one liner hate stamenets. if you start a conversation the courteous thing to do is to reply in kind and show a mututal respect. thats what being a "jet family" is. if your gonna make connects like that, save it for patriot fans.

and If your going to focus on on line. its true. I've seen people make fake Xbox live accounts and then find lists of peoples gamertags and send them messages trashing the xbox and telling them get a PS4. I post on the Xbox forums and half the people there are PS3 players who made fake accounts (less then 2 months old and 0 gamerscore) and they just trash every thread. I'm saying this isn't the place for it. We're better then that. act like a jet fan, not a patriot fan
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

lmao youre way too serious ease up man. I think I went thru this whit you before and got the same result. If someones opinion differs from yours you get all internet crazy. Why bother even making this thread? To be honest I don't play any of the systems anymore. Maybe ps4 will get me going again

#17 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

VGChartz has gathered the pre-order numbers for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The latest data is up to the week ending August 24, 2013. This includes the week of Gamescom, which set a record for biggest gaming trade show in Europe with more than 340,000 visitors. The pre-order numbers are for the US only and give an estimate how each console is doing about three months before release.

Up until the week ending August 24 the PlayStation 4 currently leads in the total number of pre-orders in the US with about 600,000. This is up significantly since E3 where there were only 75,000 pre-orders. The Xbox One is still  lagging behind with 350,000 pre-orders. This is also way up since E3 where there were only 45,000 pre-orders.

The market is speaking loudly about which console it prefers. I really doubt there is a conspiracy behind all of this with fanboy manipulation or whatever you are saying causing this gap. The price point/feature set/ and marketing to the consumer is why Sony has this lead. Microsoft should eventually catchup because they have a large market base from the 360 era and are changing their policies to cater back to the consumer. Sony will out sell Microsoft globally it's already gotten a massive lead and being region free will increase its market base.

Like I said before don't bother comparing the hardware when it comes to game performance they will be very very similar.

#18 User is offline   518-JeTS-FaN Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

I love the fanboy conspiracy theory. lol

#19 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

View Post518-JeTS-FaN, on 03 September 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

lmao youre way too serious ease up man. I think I went thru this whit you before and got the same result. If someones opinion differs from yours you get all internet crazy. Why bother even making this thread? To be honest I don't play any of the systems anymore. Maybe ps4 will get me going again

me? i think your crazy man. i didn't make the thread nor did i ever argue. i mean i've been on the fire idzik kick for a while and i never once called anyone an idiot or went "internet crazy" over it. i have no issue of differing opinions, but if you make a statement and i give you reasons why i disagree for you to come back and be like man f you its a slap in the face. I would expect that from the internet in general, but i didn't expect it form my fellow jets brothers. that was my point

and again you still ignored everything i said
Get it done MT
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   Jetsfan115 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

View Postsantana, on 03 September 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

The market is speaking loudly about which console it prefers. I really doubt there is a conspiracy behind all of this with fanboy manipulation or whatever you are saying causing this gap. The price point/feature set/ and marketing to the consumer is why Sony has this lead. Microsoft should eventually catchup because they have a large market base from the 360 era and are changing their policies to cater back to the consumer. Sony will out sell Microsoft globally it's already gotten a massive lead and being region free will increase its market base.

Like I said before don't bother comparing the hardware when it comes to game performance they will be very very similar.

Both consoles sold out their pre-orders. MS even had to pull out of some countries to make sure it had enough consoles for their main territories (like US, UK etc) both consoles have surpassed the pre orders for their last gen systems (xbox 360 and PS3) both consoles are doing good in sales. Its a matter of how good the supply is. There seems to be a higher supply of PS'3 due to its "off the shelf" parts, where as the Xbox has a custom chip that needs to be manufactured. either way, sales aren't really indicative of anything, the wii outsold the 360 and PS3 combined and nobody in their right mind would say its better then a PS3 or 360.

Sony has done an excellent job in marketing the PS4 where MS has done a terrible job in marketing. But Sony has also "bended the truth" and allowed for rumors to run rampant that were flat out lies. one big rumor was it'll have 7GB of RAM for games and 1 Gb for the OS while MS announced that it'll have 5GB for games and 3 GB for the OS. these rumors ran rampant as facts for 2 months and then somebody blew the whistle on it when they found an internal document form sony stating it had 4.5GB for games and 3.5GB for the OS. had the whistleblower shown up, Sony would have kept allowing people to believe they were only using 1GB for the OS and leaving 7Gb for games.

The sales really won't matter for a few years in reality. both are selling out their limited supply. the 360 had a huge lead on the PS3 and in the end they both came in about even with the Wii selling 2:1 (remember it was 3 WII, 2 360 1 PS3 ratio to begin?) and it finished 2:1:1. PS4 has the price point. but they lack alot of features that Americans care about. SOny will win sales in Japan as they are more brand loyal then Americans. MS has basically shited on the japanese gamer and have taylored eveyrhting to the US and Uk gamers Football, ESPN, soccer. Free fifa 14 in the UK for pre orders etc. any football fan should appreciate this

kotaku.com/the-xbox-ones-reinvention-of-watching-tv-and-sports-wi-1244616331

Posted Image

so i can play madden, watch the jets play, and track my fantasy teams all from 1 TV screen at the same time. a big play happens. pause the game, snap the TV to the main display, voice command for replay and its there, then back to teh game. ANY football fan would love this

in the end i agree that both systems games will be pretty similar in looks/performance. but having the snap feature, IR blaster, voice commands, TV integration, dedicated servers for all MP games etc to me make the 100 dollars more well then worth the price tag
Get it done MT
Posted Image

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users