NYJetsFan.com Forums: Expect Defense To Be More Aggressive Again With Rex Calling Plays - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets drop another game vs Lions. Offense is bad
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:46 PM) TOUCHDOWN KANSAS CITY!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:48 PM) that was a fumble recovered by KC in the endzone ... TOUCHDOWN KANSAS CITY!!!!!
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:48 PM) FIRE IDZIK
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:50 PM) TOUCHDOWN KANSAS CITY!!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:51 PM) TY KC
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:52 PM) THAT IS A BIG ASS FB
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:53 PM) if shit had gone our way we'd be 3-1 right now
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:53 PM) what a bummer
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:53 PM) :ranting3:
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:55 PM) INT TD KANSAS CITY!!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:55 PM) we need to start doing that shit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:55 PM) our D needs to start making shit like that happen
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:57 PM) fuck that penalty
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:57 PM) "going on your knees" stupidest shit ever
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 09:57 PM) let them do the end zone celebrations
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:59 PM) thank you KC for slaughtering these overrated fucks
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 09:59 PM) Brady watching too much geno tape
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 10:00 PM) brady to the bench
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:00 PM) Oh god what has KC done! GARAPAPOLLO UNLEASHED
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:01 PM) I hope someone lays a Mo Lewis on Garapapolo
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:01 PM) square in the chest
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:02 PM) so brady can get his knee broken again
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) I'm scared
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:03 PM) this kid might be legit
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) IT WASNT WORTH IT
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) cmon KC
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) wtf
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) f***
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:04 PM) they let the rookie just drive it on them
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:05 PM) unacceptable
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:05 PM) now KC needs a TD
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:06 PM) It wasn't worth it :(
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:15 PM) KC has some big ol boys
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:19 PM) TY KC for bringing these overrated fucks back down to earth
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 10:22 PM) I think 03 should be a mod. I think everyone should be.
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 10:23 PM) What do we have to loose?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:34 PM) our O better get their shit together starting this Sunday
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:34 PM) we need to be on our A game when we play Denver and the CHEATriots
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:34 PM) and Buffalo doesn't scare me
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:34 PM) but these next 3 games better get it's shit together
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:01 PM) maybe Idzik knew that MEvis was not as good anymore
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:11 AM) Nah, fire idzik
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:12 AM) Milber is expected to play this week, how nice of him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 08:14 AM) The chargers are going to be tough
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 10:22 AM) well there is a silver lining to this season, tom brady sucks and so do the pats
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Expect Defense To Be More Aggressive Again With Rex Calling Plays

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:56 AM

1. Bringing the heat: One of the reasons why Rex Ryan has resumed control of the defense is because the Jets want to get back to their ultra-aggressive style from 2009 and 2010. There was a feeling in the locker room that they got too conservative under former coordinator Mike Pettine, whose role expanded over the previous four years to the point where he was heavily involved in play calling in 2011 and 2012. He left after the season in a mysterious lateral move to become the Bills' DC.

"We're going to do a lot of blitzing and getting after people," LB David Harris told me the other day. "There should be a different brand of football than you were used to seeing the last couple of years." Asked about last season's philosophy, Harris said, "We played more coverage. It wasn't like '09, that's obvious. That's all I'll say about that."

Interesting.

The statistics don't lie. Here's a breakdown of the Jets' blitz percentage (5+ pass rushers) over the past four seasons, according to ESPN Stats & Information: 52.4 percent in '09 (first in NFL), 44.7 percent in '10 (third), 32.8 percent in '11 (12th) and 34.0 percent in '12 (11th). Detect a trend? In fairness to Pettine, he lost the top corner in football, Darrelle Revis, which may have caused him to become more cautious. Yet when I mentioned that alibi to two players, they shot it down, saying Antonio Cromartie capably replaced Revis as the No. 1 corner. I'll say this: The defense will be fun to watch in 2013.

http://espn.go.com/b..._medium=twitter

Pettine was more conservative than Rex and gained more control of the defense each year.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:18 AM

The defense needs to ball out because our offense won't be able to score more than 14 PPG.

#3 User is offline   bleedsgreen Icon

• Pro Bowl
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:30 AM

The 09 defense was one of the best I had ever seen. No one new where the rush was coming from the offensive lines were running the wrong way on most plays. They would bring up a huge amount of guys on the strong side then blitz weak side. The next play same set up then blitz strong side. QBs were going down all over the place we knocked like 5-6 out of games. Revis was playing lights out and shuting down everyone. Last year our defense looked like it couldn't stop a high school team. We have to get back to what we were doing in 09
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   azjetfan Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Interests:Football, golf, banking and home improvements

• NFL Team:

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:51 AM

View Postbleedsgreen, on 17 June 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

The 09 defense was one of the best I had ever seen. No one new where the rush was coming from the offensive lines were running the wrong way on most plays. They would bring up a huge amount of guys on the strong side then blitz weak side. The next play same set up then blitz strong side. QBs were going down all over the place we knocked like 5-6 out of games. Revis was playing lights out and shuting down everyone. Last year our defense looked like it couldn't stop a high school team. We have to get back to what we were doing in 09

Our D will be fine. I dont agree with the High School bit. Stats say we were 12 overall last year without Revis. I know that is misleading due to our enept O but still we were better than most in the league. I dont think Revis leaving will be as big an effect as most think. I know he was a once in a lifetime type player but he is still playing CB not QB. The only real concerns I have with the D is the SS FS position. The problems we will have will be scoring points. Keeping the QB upright, blocking for Ivory and who the hell is catching the ball is a much bigger concern for me.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users