NYJetsFan.com Forums: The Slandering Of Ny Jet Oday Aboushi - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:37 PM) This isn't congress
santana Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:37 PM) this is srszz bizness
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:42 PM) MGG FOR MOD IN 15!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (15 December 2014 - 11:42 PM) YES
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 12:49 PM) so do we beat the pats or just let them get the easy win
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 01:57 PM) At this point I am all about ruining their chance for home field.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:15 PM) FIRE IDZIK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:24 PM) O we will win
MikeGangGree... Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:24 PM) Rex will end his last game in metlife with a bang
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 02:44 PM) bang bang!
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 03:25 PM) You know Rex will dial up some crazy packages for Brady. He probably has that D-line all riled up already.
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 03:44 PM) Riled up to get Fired up
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:19 PM) Connor Cook from MI State is projected to go in the middle of the first round.
Mr_Jet Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:48 PM) Cook is not ready for the NFL.
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:50 PM) Lol cook??
Mr_Jet Icon : (16 December 2014 - 04:54 PM) I think very highly of Connor Cook. But if he is projected to go in the first round of the 2015 draft, this is going to be a very weak draft.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 05:02 PM) Connor Cook is going back to school..
santana Icon : (16 December 2014 - 05:52 PM) Lol school??
azjetfan Icon : (16 December 2014 - 06:31 PM) I don't know anything about him but he was projected by two different mock drafts to go to the Texans
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (16 December 2014 - 08:20 PM) Woody Johnson favorited a tweet about firing Idzik lol
jetfan4life12 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:15 AM) woody better fire that ass clown if he wants fans to attend games next season. He messed the whole thing up by hiring a GM without letting him choose the coach. He likely was told no by the top 20 candidates and stuck himself with is dick
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 AM) yup, I don't trust Idzik to make good use of our top draft pick or sign quality FAs. Or hire our next HC
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 AM) I want a new GM and HC
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:54 AM) Should I go Vincent Jackson or Jarvis Landry as my WR3?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:13 AM) i'd go landry
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 11:40 AM) The opposite of what Mr Jet thinks about it.
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) Top Bantz by 05
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:03 PM) http://www.gfycat.co...ousAlaskanhusky
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:13 PM) 'Fire Idzik' banner returns for Jets
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:23 PM) jets fans are loony. shoutbox is clear evidence of that.
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:28 PM) Nah Jets fans are all level headed individuals
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:40 PM) Zzzzz
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) i agree very level headed
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 04:44 PM) ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL ALL OF YOU I AAM THE TABLE!!!!
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:30 PM) @RapSheet: Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:33 PM) @AdamSchefter: Stunner from Chicago: Bears starting QB Jimmy Clausen this week, per source.
Chaos Icon : (Yesterday, 06:33 PM) LOL
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:34 PM) cutler to jets confirmed!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 06:36 PM) Cutler?? WOOOOOO
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:39 PM) 49ers gotta whip out that check book
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 06:40 PM) jets resign rex for 2 more years and get cutler
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:26 PM) http://cdn.ksk.uprox...ing-650x487.png
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

The Slandering Of Ny Jet Oday Aboushi From The Nation magazine

#1 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:41 PM

The Slandering of NY Jet Oday Aboushi
Dave Zirin on July 11, 2013 - 3:25 PM ET

Posted Image
Oday Aboushi and his family. (AP Photo/Steve Helber, File)

A stunning tweet just came across the wires from Major League Baseball’s recently hired “new media coordinator” Jonathan Mael. It reads, “The @nyjets are a disgrace of an organization. The Patriots have Aaron Hernandez, the Jets have Oday Aboushi.” (Mael has since deleted his account, making him a rather ineffectual “new media coordinator”.)

Aaron Hernandez is, of course, the former star tight end now on trial for premeditated murder. So who is Oday Aboushi? He’s a Brooklyn-born fifth-round rookie lineman from the University of Virginia. His crime, in the eyes of Mael, is being of Palestinian heritage as well as having the temerity to discuss what a life of dispossession this has meant to him and his extended family.

This ugly line of thought exists on a plane beyond tweets. In a stunningly unprincipled piece on Yahoo! Sports, a writer named Adam Waksman wrote this week that Aboushi was involved in “anti-Semitic activism” and asked whether he should be drummed out of the league. Waksman compared Aboushi with those who traffic in “anti-gay, anti-black, anti-immigrant, sexist [speech]” and asks, “Does the NFL want its image associated with prejudice, violence or fundamentalism on any level?”

Aboushi is not quoted once in this entire piece. He is just Waksman’s silent, hulking brown mannequin. Instead, the main source Waksman draws upon for proof of his “anti-Semitic activism” is Front Page Magazine. For the uninitiated, this is the creation of David Horowitz, the hard-right-wing minstrel best known for taking out ads in college newspapers arguing that people of African descent should thank Europeans for slavery. Front Page—which bills itself as “fighting the war at home and abroad”—is a one-stop shop for anyone seeking articles cheering on George Zimmerman or catching up on the most frightening anti-Arab rhetoric in Israeli politics. Quoting it for source material on Palestinian activism is like choosing to learn about the environmental rights movement by reading an Exxon/Mobil newsletter.

Front Page says that Aboushi’s “crime” was speaking at the annual convention of the El-Bireh Palestine Society. Waksman quotes Front Page as describing their convention as “a conference run by an organization which denies Israel’s existence and associates with those involved in violence against her citizens.” Waksman cites Front Page as a legitimate authority on El-Bireh even though he concedes deeper in the article that they “should not be viewed as an entirely objective source of information”, writing, “In the end, nothing in the…piece is sufficient proof of much except for activism of a general sort.”

Ah, good to know. Waksman doesn’t include that the organization at whose convention Aboushi spoke simply does not have the politics Front Page describes. The conference was a decidedly mainstream affair held at the Marriott Hotel in Arlington, Virginia. Speakers included United States Congressman Nick Rahall and Oscar-nominated Five Broken Cameras director Emad Burnat. El-Bireh’s symbol is an American and Palestinian flag side-by-side, with the Stars and Stripes elevated above the Palestinian flag, and it is currently preparing, according to its website, for its Saturday dinner cruise. Someone call Homeland Security.

Waksman proceeds to discredit his own article further by revealing that Front Page’s exposé of Aboushi confused IR (Islamic Relief), a legitimate charity Aboushi supports, with IRRO (International Islamic Relief Organization), which Waksman—once again without links or evidence—describes as “the one that is believed to be a front for terrorism.”

None of this stops Waksman from ending his piece with the following statement: “If [Aboushi] chooses to make politics and anti-Semitism his calling card, it will negatively affect the Jets, the NFL and all the kids who look up to Aboushi as a role model.”

Yes, Waksman wants to know whether Aboushi will think of the children. Just not the ones living in terror on the Gaza Strip. Once convinced that I was reading a real article and not an Onion-esque exercise in self-parody, it became clear what this was about.

Waksman is using Aboushi as a straw man to argue that any narrative from a Palestinian that’s critical of Israel is anti-Semitic, terrorist, and grounds to be hounded out of the NFL. I’m not an NFL player, but as a non-terrorist who happens to be a Jew, let me say that this is hogwash. It’s yellow journalism without any of the flair. Instead of Waksman asking why Aboushi deserves to be employed by the Jets, I think we should ask Yahoo! why they would publish a piece that accuses an NFL player of anti-Semitism without one solitary quote or piece of actual evidence. This is worse than your typical “keep your politics out of my sports” hit piece. It’s slander.

Read more: The Slandering of NY Jet Oday Aboushi | The Nation http://www.thenation...i#ixzz2YqzoBxfW
Follow us: @thenation on Twitter | TheNationMagazine on Facebook

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#2 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:20 PM

What a horrid character assassination. Hopefully Aboushi turns into a fine player for the Jets and I've no problem if he wishes to be politically active, especially given the importance of the Palestinian issue in international politics. The organisation at whose he dinner he spoke seems legitimate and it would be great for the NFL for it to have players from as many diverse backgrounds as possible.

#3 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

Here are the FrontPage Mag article's against Aboushi:

NY Jets Player Speaks at Extreme Anti-Israel Conference - http://frontpagemag....ael-conference/
New York Jets Draft Pick Tweets Against Israel - http://frontpagemag....against-israel/

#4 User is offline   Mr_Jet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

View PostChaos, on 12 July 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

Here are the FrontPage Mag article's against Aboushi:

NY Jets Player Speaks at Extreme Anti-Israel Conference - http://frontpagemag....ael-conference/
New York Jets Draft Pick Tweets Against Israel - http://frontpagemag....against-israel/

Gmany would LOVE that website. I love their slogan BTW. The guy who wrote those articles ran for congress in south Florida and lost in a Republican primary. Even though he had the endorsement of the Libya expert himself, Herman Cain.

I particularly find the end of the article laughable.

What will the Jets do?

In a previous article, this author detailed the extremist ties and behavior of football player Oday Aboushi, which resulted in Aboushi removing material from his Facebook site. Yet, to this day, the New York Jets have ignored the actions of their Islamist draft pick, only to see his behavior get worse. So far, the team has appeared to put Aboushi’s athletic ability over his ties to Muslim fanaticism. This author, however, believes that the Jets have much more to worry about than whether or not Aboushi can create holes in the opposing team’s defense or if he can provide protection for the quarterback.

Given the actions he continues to engage in and the dangerous persons and groups he chooses to surround himself with, the Jets must change the game plan they originally had when they took Oday Aboushi in the 2013 NFL Draft and release this player. In the end, those individuals Aboushi truly wishes to protect may very well be the ones we have to worry about the most.

This Joe Kaufman is probably a Dolphins fan anyway. Hate mongering idiot.

View PostFlyHiJets, on 01 June 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

You're the scumbag that thinks everyone should kiss the as$es of a bunch of criminals but I'm a dumbass. Yeah okay douchebag. Go give some illegal wetback or Revis another blowjob. But then again.....don't you live in an entirely different country but yet think you can tell us how to live? Go fvck yourself little boy. You're likely still living with mommy & daddy. Pu$$y.

View Postazjetfan, on 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

There are a few things I have realized about Mr. Jet over a few topics.

1) He is a racist. By constantly using race as a battling tool.
2) He is an extreme Liberal. If you are on either extreme you are probabaly more wrong than right.
3) He is one of those people who will never admit fault, error or defeat.
4)His life sucks and he takes it out on people who don't share in his views.

#5 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:59 AM

Anti-Semitic actually means being against people from the entire middle east region, so Aboushi is said to have been accused of being a self-loathing Semite at a pro-Palestian(Semites) meeting. . . good call! Way to use words that you don't know the meaning of! maybe he should have yahoo searched the meaning prior to using it.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:02 AM

View PostTebow15, on 13 July 2013 - 01:59 AM, said:

Anti-Semitic actually means being against people from the entire middle east region, so Aboushi is said to have been accused of being a self-loathing Semite at a pro-Palestian(Semites) meeting. . . good call! Way to use words that you don't know the meaning of! maybe he should have yahoo searched the meaning prior to using it.

While I agree with your etymology, words often change in meaning based on their use. "Anti semitism" has long come to stand as "Anti Jewish" so the definition of the word has changed to narrow in its meaning from including all the different peoples of the region to referring exclusively to one.

#7 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:05 AM

View PostMr_Jet, on 12 July 2013 - 09:27 PM, said:

This Joe Kaufman

Gee, I wonder why a guy named KAUFMAN doesn't like a palestinian nfl player.

#8 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

BTW, you guys know that there's no such thing as a "palestinian" right? The people known today as "Palestinians" are actually from Jordan. There never was any palestinian state or separate kingdom at any point. The term wasn't even invented until Yasser Arafat came up with it.

#9 User is offline   Canuck Jet Icon

• Special Teams
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:42 AM

View PostSecondHandJets, on 13 July 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:

BTW, you guys know that there's no such thing as a "palestinian" right? The people known today as "Palestinians" are actually from Jordan. There never was any palestinian state or separate kingdom at any point. The term wasn't even invented until Yasser Arafat came up with it.

That is simply not true. Palestine has been referenced in Egyptian Hieroglyphs as far back as 11th Century BC, 5th Century BC Greek texts as well as countless biblical references.
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

-Matt Groening

#10 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

View PostCanuck Jet, on 15 July 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

That is simply not true. Palestine has been referenced in Egyptian Hieroglyphs as far back as 11th Century BC, 5th Century BC Greek texts as well as countless biblical references.

Yep - plus the British ran Palestine as a 'Mandate' from the end of World War I up until 1948 as part of our Empire.

#11 User is offline   SecondHandJets Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

View PostCanuck Jet, on 15 July 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

I'm not saying "Palestine" didn't exist. Palestine is a geographical region, like "The Great Plains". I'm referring to "Palestinian" being used as an ethnicity. There was no such thing as a "Palestinian" until Yasser Arafat came along and coined the term. The "Palestinians" are actually people that the King of Jordan did not want to repatriate back into Jordan. They are Jordanians.

#12 User is offline   NJAzrael71 Icon

• Formerly FlyHi
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:59 AM

As long as the kid plays his heart out for the Jets and doesn't spew bullshit, I could care less if he doesn't like Israel. Why the hell do morons in the media continue to think that it's the USA's responsibility continue to babysit the world? Many people don't agree with North Korea, China and a bunch of other countries actions either. Does that make us hate mongers as well? This whole "political correct" bull$hit REALLY needs to end already.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive.

When someone annoys u, it takes 42 muscles in ur face 2 frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles 2 extend ur arm & b!tch-slap that mother@*?!&! upside the head!!

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users