NYJetsFan.com Forums: Geno Smith Not Attending Jets West - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets vs Bills this weekend... Is this an easy game yet?
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:49 PM) I think i saw some breakdown that he just runs out to far and then keeps his hands way too far down
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:50 PM) Balotelli and Sterling are going to have to be incredible
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:50 PM) yeah he's really poor at coming out, timing, all of it
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:50 PM) but as a shot stopper hes incredible
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:50 PM) Ramos is out i believe
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) I like varane but hes doubtful also
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) yeah Pepe and Varane at the back for Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) ITS GONNA BE GUD 05
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) Arbeloa(LFC former player) and Marcelo
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:51 PM) nervous
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) i gotta shower then i'm running down to the bar
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) Ronaldo rarely performed vs us at United
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:52 PM) enjoy it
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) you would like my sanctuary here in nola
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) they put the megamix on for me on the large screen
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:53 PM) then i get all the individual screens with the separate games
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) ill be around on the ipad for the TOP BANTZ 05
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:54 PM) i'm the only fool there drinking on tuesday/wednesday afternoons
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) I'd knuckle up next to ya buddy. Although I do prefer being alone for LFC haha
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM) that sounds like a solid spot
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:02 PM) yeah i feel that i thought more people would make it better but during the wc it filled up with filthy casuals
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:03 PM) dont touch me casual! and i ran out of there
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 01:55 PM) http://i.imgur.com/cMQ53OF.jpg
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) It's so lovely to see you two getting along
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 03:52 PM) Warms my heart
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) yeah but we both decided that we hate you
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) KILL YO SELF
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) 05 loves me
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:58 PM) I'm delightful
Jetsman05 Icon : (22 October 2014 - 05:59 PM) fact
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Yeah well titties
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) HALA Madrid
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:18 PM) Big titties at that
santana Icon : (22 October 2014 - 07:20 PM) http://gfycat.com/Co...ulMessyHorsefly
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:43 AM) Should I start Rivers tonight or Brady on Sunday?
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 10:48 AM) rivers
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 12:04 PM) brady
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:22 PM) raul
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 01:40 PM) jared
azjetfan Icon : (Yesterday, 02:32 PM) Take the better match up
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 03:31 PM) is 115 in the fantasy league
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 04:25 PM) nope
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 09:58 PM) 10-6!!!!
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) no doubt
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:49 PM) believe!!!
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Geno Smith Not Attending Jets West

#1 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• 06 Best Avatar Award / N.O.P. GUARD
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:28 AM

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1396375

Geno Smith skips Mark Sanchez's Jets West camp to train in Florida
Smith’s failure to show up at what is largely considered a team-building weekend doesn’t speak highly of the relationship between the rookie QB and Sanchez.

Comments (18)
BY SETH WALDER / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

PUBLISHED: THURSDAY, JULY 11, 2013, 4:04 PM
UPDATED: THURSDAY, JULY 11, 2013, 10:50 PM

New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez #6 and New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith #7 when the New York Jets practiced as part of OTA Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at their training facility in Florham Park, New Jersey. (Robert Sabo/New York Daily News)
ROBERT SABO/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Geno Smith (r.) would apparently rather train alone in Florida than work on building chemistry with Mark Sanchez.
RELATED STORIES
Mark Sanchez says he'll 'absolutely' win NY Jets QB competition
Rex Ryan admits NY Jets may use Geno Smith like 49ers used Colin Kaepernick early in 2012 season
NY Jets QB Mark Sanchez admits viral video was 'a little embarrassing'
Mark Sanchez goes shirtless, flashes bare backside in semi-nude viral video
Powered by Inform
If Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez do get along, they have a peculiar way of showing it.

As Sanchez began his annual Jets West event Thursday, essentially a few days of workouts and team bonding in Southern California, Smith was nowhere to be found. The rookie was training back in Florida, according to a source, and plans on staying in his home state through the weekend. Whether Smith would attend was a question that had lingered on everyone’s mind since the former WVU star gave an odd “no comment” during minicamp when asked if he would attend Jets West.

RELATED: TOMLINSON: GENO NOT READY, SANCHEZ JETS' BEST OPTION 'BY DEFAULT'

A day after giving his “no comment” in minicamp, Smith addressed the media again to clarify his previous statement.

“Sure, sure,” Smith said about going to Jets West at the time. “We haven’t talked about it, but from my understanding it’s something that’s done annually and all the guys go out there and it’s been a great experience. Mark hasn’t officially extended the hand to me but I’m pretty sure there’s no problem there. I’m more than willing to go there.”

RELATED: JETS INSIDER: GENO HEADING WEST

Sanchez added at the time that “everyone” was invited to Jets West. Smith’s conspicuous absence from the workouts means something changed since minicamp.

Mark Sanchez says that his annual Jets West camp is open to all teammates.
ROBERT SABO/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Mark Sanchez says that his annual Jets West camp is open to all teammates.

So the question that Sanchez will inevitably face: Did Smith reject the invitation or did Sanchez decide he didn’t want his competition to have the opportunity to bond with his teammates at his event in California? At least one of them decided he didn’t want to flash a smile next to his competitor given the 2,500 miles that currently lie between them.

RELATED: MANGOLD: GENO HAS POTENTIAL, NEEDS SEASONING IN HUDDLE

Either way, it doesn’t bode well for a relationship that had no choice but to get off on an awkward foot. After all, Smith wasn’t drafted to be a long-term backup.

A year ago, Tim Tebow attended Sanchez’s camp, although the former Bronco wasn’t a direct threat to Sanchez’s job the way Smith is. The rookie and the fifth-year veteran will enter training camp in two weeks in a virtual dead heat for the starting job.

It all sets up for a drama-filled training camp as the eyes of Gang Green Nation, let alone the rest of the Jets players themselves, watch anxiously while Rex Ryan decides which of his quarterbacks will take the first snap against Darrelle Revis and the Tampa Bay Bucs in Week 1.

Sanchez has played up the confidence rhetoric thus far, saying earlier this offseason, “I’m planning on playing, I’m planning on starting.”

A number of Gang Green’s skill position players are at Jets West, including Jeremy Kerley, Stephen Hill, Chris Ivory, Jeff Cumberland, Konrad Reuland and Jordan White.

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...5#ixzz2YwK3mLSb

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

Who cares? It's a three day camp. It's not going to make or break Geno. If he feels better preparing in Florida, so be it. Geno can play catch with these guys once they're in Florham Park. It's not like holding this camp has made Sanchez any better the past few years.

#3 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

Just to update everyone here I would like to announce

I am also not attending jets west this year
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#4 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

Geno is doing his own thing in Florida, trying to not learn froma garbage QB.

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

I don't know if any of you guys on facebook are in this group but a few Jets fans have said some real nasty shit critical of Geno because of this. As long as he's putting his work in I couldn't care less. It probably makes more sense for him to be with Lee and Mornhinweg in Florida anyway
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

I take it 0099 is also not going to jets west
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#7 User is offline   HarlemHxC814 Icon

• Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

View Postsantana, on 13 July 2013 - 08:53 PM, said:

I take it 0099 is also not going to jets west

I'M GOING!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 User is offline   Smedsthejet Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

View PostHarlemHxC814, on 14 July 2013 - 01:13 AM, said:

I don't know if any of you guys on facebook are in this group but a few Jets fans have said some real nasty shit critical of Geno because of this. As long as he's putting his work in I couldn't care less. It probably makes more sense for him to be with Lee and Mornhinweg in Florida anyway

True, but in a perfect world they'd all be training together. It is only three days though, and while Sanchez and co. will obviously be doing work with the new playbook, it's not as if they have a defence to play against or Mornhinweg, David Lee and other position coaches there to analyse their play.

All it does do though is give the media an excuse to write articles like this, posing the question as to whether it represents a rift between him and Sanchez.

#9 User is offline   Tebow15 Icon

• I <3 Stephen Hill
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

Geno should be working with actual coaches. If he went to jets west he would have to run the plays Sanchez says and split reps with sanchez. makes no sense. I wouldnt want him taking tips from Sanchez and why would Sanchez point that many crucial things out to him? plus its a new playbook for Sanchez so who is he to coach Geno up on it?

Geno did the right thing. Be with a coach that will focus on him and get work in.
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon

• MLB:

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

How do you have a QB camp teaching other QBs and you stink. Peyton has a QB camp. Which one would you attend.

#11 User is offline   S-Dubb Icon

• 2008 Best Insider Award
  • Icon
  • View blog
  • Group: Assistant Admin
  • Interests:Hardcore Jets & Knicks fan - Gym rat - health and nutrition - family man and proud father.

Twitter: @NYJETSFANCOM

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:53 AM

View Postreg83ny, on 14 July 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

How do you have a QB camp teaching other QBs and you stink. Peyton has a QB camp. Which one would you attend.

Bingo. Whatever he's doing its made him worse. Geno not attending a camp that Sanchez leads is ok with me. This is business and a starting gig. Geno isn't here to make friends... besides our WR group is just a group of mix and match players. He'll have plenty of time to throw to these guys. Again it's business and Geno isn't here to be a back-up. He wants to start. Lets go!!!!

#12 User is offline   JetsOhFive Icon

• Free Agent
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:20 PM

Geno skipped Jets west so he could take his talents to South Beach. Good choice Geno.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users