NYJetsFan.com Forums: Holmes May Miss Season - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets win 3-1. Beat dolphins so bad that philbin isnt allowed back from england.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:37 PM) how do you block Wilkerson, Richardson, and Williams on passing downs?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:37 PM) if he's not convicted since he has to go back to court now that his suspension is over
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:37 PM) I would like to see us use a 4 man front on passing downs. With Wilk on the the end Rich on the other end and Williams and Harrison in the middle
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:37 PM) the interior pressure we'll bring is going to be crazy
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:37 PM) and if he's in game shape
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:37 PM) Or Use Rich and Williams in the middle and put Wilk and Coples on the Ends
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:38 PM) Richardson won't be suspended this season from that
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:40 PM) This D-line reminds me of the 2011 Giants who used JPP and Tuck on the inside and Osi and Kiwanuka on the ends
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:41 PM) 4 10 sack players at 1 points in their careers and no o-line could stop them all
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:41 PM) I think this D-line will be so much better
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:43 PM) The thing that is scary is that we also have a great secondary
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:44 PM) Exactly
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:44 PM) All of our additions in the secondary look great. Darrelle Revis changes secondaries
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:44 PM) Buster Skrine has been a beast at nickel
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:45 PM) Take a sack or throw it up
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:45 PM) Marcus Gilchrist has been making plays in coverage at FS.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:45 PM) The Island!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:45 PM) Never should have let him go
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:45 PM) We could have just taken Rich at 9
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:46 PM) but o well he is back now
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:46 PM) You got to think Revis has also never had this much talent around him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:48 PM) all 3 of our wins we pretty much dominated in
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 01:48 PM) Our defense has allowed the leagues best 13 PPG
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:49 PM) We beat us against Philly
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:50 PM) 4 turnovers and a Punt return TD
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 01:58 PM) If fitz can be smart with the ball and Marshall Decker and Ivory and stay healthy I think we can beat anyone
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 02:36 PM) http://www.sun-senti...1005-story.html
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 03:16 PM) I get it to a point why everyone is making a big deal about that missed call because difference between a win and a loss but I have never seen that call made in over 30 years of watching NFL so I guarantee that none of the fans , coaches or players new the rule. Yes the refs should know all the rules but they aren't computers and it's impossible for them to remember all the 1000's of rules. Especially an old rule no one but the officials ever heard of before. 22 new officials didn't help either. It took an old long time official now retired from officiating to tell the world the rule. Everyone and the officials will remember that rule from now on after all the media
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 03:27 PM) Lions fans are b*tching like hell about it. We would be if it happened to us but I think it's a bad rule any way and should be scrapped. If the defense causes the offensive player to fumble in the end zone because the defense makes a good play I personally think it would be bullshit to give the fumbling team the ball back. If the ball went out of bounds on its own or if a player tried to recover it and the ball went out of the end zone it's not a penalty. Both cases are a touchback so I feel that giving the ball back to the offense that fumbled it because of the defense batting the ball out of the end zone if the offense recovered the ball it would be a td so it would be bullshit to give them the ball back because of a simple ball bat. Rule should really be changed
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 03:30 PM) It's ok for the offense to deliberately take a safety to prevent a TD and only give up 2 points an benefit themselves so yeah I think it is an old out of date rule that should be thrown out. If the d makes a great play they shouldn't have to give the offense the ball back because of a stupid rule
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 03:30 PM) So I'm glad it wasn't called
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 03:31 PM) Hope it's changed next year
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:31 PM) it's been called a ton of times, they showed a montage o ESPN last night of a bunch of times it's been called
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:33 PM) just because one player made a great play, doesn't mean you can excuse someone making a bonehead play
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 03:34 PM) chancellor made a great play (remember when i wanted the jets to draft him?) but the LBer should have not illegally batted it, he could have tried to recover it or body blocked det from recovering.
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 03:34 PM) Not sure what ESPN you had on ESPN China? I left ESPN on for 2 hours after the game and I never seen this montage you say. I'm calling you out as bullshit. Show me a video of proof
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 03:38 PM) Even the old ESPN official couldn't remember an instance of it being called. It isn't the same as the offense backing out of the end zone with the ball or being sacked in the end zone for a safety. Completely different rule and situation. I've never seen it called and I watch at least 6 games at a time a week. None of the ESPN announcer players, Ray Lewis, Dilfer, or Young even knew the rule and that's over 20 years of NFL experience. Yet none of them knew or understood the rule until it was explained in detail
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 03:40 PM) I've never once seen the ball given back to to offense so I challenge you to show me this montage you claim was on. If I didn't see it for two hours I after the game I'm calling bullshit on your end
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 03:43 PM) Say whatever you want but show me proof or just leave it be because I won't believe you without a bunch of video proof. I have a hell of a memory and if it ever was called maybe once or twice in the past 30 years but no way there is some montage
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 03:48 PM) Nether coach knew the rule either and they would know more of the rules than the players and fans. If not for a retired official bringing it up it probably would've never even been brought up at all
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 03:58 PM) I highly questionable is on now and they are even saying no one knew the rule or complained until they were told the rule.
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 04:05 PM) I have seen plenty of games where defenders did knock the ball out of the end zone like the situation last night to prevent any possible touchdown not disputing that because that has happened a good many times. My point is I've never seen a flag thrown for it and the ball given to the offense. It's definitely an obsolete rule that should be thrown out. The NFL has made the rules so offensive friendly these days it's hard to play defense with out calls anymore. That is just one more bullshit rule to help the offense. Take the Jets Dolphins game for instance. Those bullshit pi calls against our defense for clearly uncatchable balls. Pi never should've never been called giving up like 60 yards on two calls and a td that never would've happened. At most they should've been 5 yard holding calls. Never would've been mad if they just called them holding calls.
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 04:06 PM) Anyway I'm tired of all these offense friendly rules these days screwing over the defenses. It's starting to get like non touch flag football for the defenses.
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 04:11 PM) You know it too. Our team has been a defensive team for well over a decade and so many bullshit calls have been called against our defense because of the new offensive friendly rules. So I say screw Detroit. I'm glad it wasn't called and a defense gets a break
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 06:37 PM) call em a liar if you want, but I seen it man
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Holmes May Miss Season

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

Jets WR Santonio Holmes remains noncommittal about whether he'll play this season

CORTLAND -- Santonio Holmes casted more doubt on his future by refusing to say if he’ll play at all this season.

“I can’t answer that question right now,” Holmes said when directly asked if he expects to play at all in 2013. “It’s the first day of training camp. How are you going to answer that question? They don’t know… I had two surgeries. All I can do is rehab right now.”

Holmes, who is on the active/PUP list, has undergone two surgeries since suffering a severe LisFranc foot injury early last season. On Thursday, he admitted that he’s done some full-weight bearing straight-line running, but there’s still plenty of rehab left.

Can he see himself playing between now and the end of the regular season?

“I want to, but I have to do what the foot says to do,” Holmes said. “If it’s not ready to roll, it’s not ready to roll.”

Rex Ryan praised Holmes’ conditioning – he’s lost 7-8 pounds, the coach estimated – but it’s unclear when the team’s best wide receiver will be back. Based on what Holmes said on Thursday, it wouldn’t be a surprise if he’s not ready to go for the season opener against the Buccaneers on Sept. 8.

“There’s always concern, but I feel confident that we will have him back,” Ryan said. “Now when that is? I’m not sure, but I feel confident that he’ll be out there.”

When will Holmes, who spent the first practice on the stationary bike and working with trainers off to the side, be ready to practice?

“I don’t know,” Holmes said. “Whenever the doctors clear me to go out and perform will be the day that I go out and show up for practice.”

“It’s not frustrating at all,” Holmes said. “I have to deal with what I have to do deal with, which is the injury I suffered last year. I had to go through two surgeries and now I’m recovering. That’s all I can do and go through the process.”

Holmes, who took a paycut this offseason, is taking a big-picture approach to his rehab. It’s unlikely that he’ll rush to make any sort of artificial deadline.

“I have to be careful (and) take it one day at a time,” he said. “That’s all I can do right now… worry about today and when tomorrow comes, go in and do everything possible to rehab.”

In the meantime, he’s studying Marty Mornhinweg’s playbook and encouraging teammates at practice.

“I have to stick to the basics, which is the things that I would do if I were playing right now as opposed to the things that I can’t do,” Holmes said. “And I can’t worry about the things that I can’t do right now.”

Is he confident that he can still be same player that he used to be?

“I can’t worry about that right now,” he said.

#2 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

I got to be honest here, I really dont think there would be any difference...if any, then when he was jogging routes...just sayin

#3 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

Holmes doesn't open up much to the media, he hates them. I think this is them taking something to make a story. We'll see what happens.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   TheFuture Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

He was jogging pretty decently today, from the fence line to the "gen jets" section about 60yards away
"If you take a swipe at one of ours, we'll take a swipe at two of yours" -Rex Ryan

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users