NYJetsFan.com Forums: Holmes May Miss Season - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Chris Johnson asking 2 Years/$10M, Jets want $3-4M per year
MikeGangGree... Icon : (13 April 2014 - 10:33 PM) ^because the updates here never change
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 April 2014 - 02:30 AM) That's right, because I was on the edge of my seat wondering whether or not Garrett McIntyre would be resigned or not.
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 April 2014 - 02:39 AM) There is not really much to update us about in the dog days of the off-season. Unless we want Santana to be like CNN and give us constant "updates" about the missing Malaysian airplane.
santana Icon : (14 April 2014 - 08:50 AM) I should start doing baseball updates
santana Icon : (14 April 2014 - 08:50 AM) Dodger dawgss
Smedsthejet Icon : (14 April 2014 - 01:52 PM) Cro enjoyed a good birthday with some of that Cardinals signing bonus: http://kissingsuzyko...tle-people.html
azjetfan Icon : (14 April 2014 - 03:44 PM) ESPN NY
azjetfan Icon : (14 April 2014 - 03:44 PM) 18. New York Jets -- Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State: Surprised? Yes, the Jets need a receiver, but it's the deepest receiver draft in years, and they can find a good one in the second round. This would mark the fifth straight year with a defensive pick in Round 1.
Chaos Icon : (14 April 2014 - 03:51 PM) is he better than Gilbert, Dennard, and Fuller?
Mr_Jet Icon : (14 April 2014 - 03:56 PM) In my biased opinion I don't think he's better than Dennard.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 04:05 PM) ewww
azjetfan Icon : (14 April 2014 - 04:13 PM) Denard and Gilbert are gone in this mock by 18
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 07:08 PM) no f***ing way...
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 07:44 PM) ICYMI We AREN'T the 49ers... THANK GOODNESS!!!!
ganggreen2003 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 07:45 PM) Carry On NUMBNUTS!!!!
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 09:23 PM) FAN
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 09:23 PM) DAN
HarlemHxC814 Icon : (14 April 2014 - 09:24 PM) GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 April 2014 - 11:53 PM) EVOLUTION!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (14 April 2014 - 11:57 PM) OOO Man I got to get tickets to Extreme rules now. since I will be in NY that week
greenandwhit... Icon : (Yesterday, 02:32 AM) I have to get tickets... Evolution is back. I'm 10 years old again
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:04 AM) Chris Johnson visiting jets today
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 10:06 AM) http://i.imgur.com/RWFWUYi.gif
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 12:03 PM) izdik offers him a lifetime supply of clip on dreadlocks
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 02:40 PM) ‏@KristianRDyer 1h
Hearing from a team source that interest between Jets, Chris Johnson is "mutually high between both parties." #nyjets #jetstwitter
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:16 PM) ICYMI : Today marks the 51 year anniversary that the Titans of NY became the NEW YORK JETS
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 05:21 PM) nice we could use CJ. we still lack offesnife playmakers
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:02 PM) ‏@MMehtaNYDN 7m
Chris Johnson's visit with the Jets today: Productive. Good vibes all around, I'm told. #nyj
Expand
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:34 PM) offesnife!
Jetsman05 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:34 PM) tehhhh
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Yesterday, 06:54 PM) yay more typing jokes. how original. you should see this thing called the internet
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:14 PM) So you ever go on that there Internet? Lotta cool stuff on that Internet
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:24 PM)

Ian Rapoport
Chris Johnson’s visit with #Jets today went well, from what it sounded like. It’s over now. Nothing final yet, other teams still circling
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 08:25 PM) I think he's just stating the obvious but whatever it's an update
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 10:58 AM) CJ wants 2year, $10 million deal. Jets offered muti year deal, 3-4 mill a year
Jetsfan115 Icon : (Today, 10:59 AM) so he wants 2 year 10 mil and we offered what 4 years 12-15 mil?
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 11:07 AM) @emesola: Chris Johnson is seeking approximately 2 years, $10 million. Idzik is not budging over $3-4 mil/year it seems. #Jets #JetsTwitter
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) Kristian Dyer has confirmed that Idzik offered a multi-year deal, we're looking at $3-4M per, as Esola said.
santana Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) Sidney rice coming through
2JBallar01 Icon : (Today, 11:08 AM) I'm guessing 2 years 6 mill is what was offered
santana Icon : (Today, 11:12 AM)

The current market rate for a starting running back is roughly $3M per year. Idzik is offering slightly more than that, and Johnson is seeking a good chunk more.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:34 AM) this is negotiations, Johnson would like to sign here but will try to gauge his value more
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:34 AM) He was at the Knicks/Nets game yesterday
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:36 AM) Idk about the numbers, I read an article that said that the Jets offered a "attractive" deal to Johnson and that it was always a longshot that he would sign yesterday, but the Jets believe the deal is market value for him
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 11:36 AM)

The Jets put together a convincing package on Tuesday to him, on and off the field. Now it is up to him. - See more at: http://m.metro.us/ne...h.cFze6cx8.dpuf
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Holmes May Miss Season

#1 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

Jets WR Santonio Holmes remains noncommittal about whether he'll play this season

CORTLAND -- Santonio Holmes casted more doubt on his future by refusing to say if he’ll play at all this season.

“I can’t answer that question right now,” Holmes said when directly asked if he expects to play at all in 2013. “It’s the first day of training camp. How are you going to answer that question? They don’t know… I had two surgeries. All I can do is rehab right now.”

Holmes, who is on the active/PUP list, has undergone two surgeries since suffering a severe LisFranc foot injury early last season. On Thursday, he admitted that he’s done some full-weight bearing straight-line running, but there’s still plenty of rehab left.

Can he see himself playing between now and the end of the regular season?

“I want to, but I have to do what the foot says to do,” Holmes said. “If it’s not ready to roll, it’s not ready to roll.”

Rex Ryan praised Holmes’ conditioning – he’s lost 7-8 pounds, the coach estimated – but it’s unclear when the team’s best wide receiver will be back. Based on what Holmes said on Thursday, it wouldn’t be a surprise if he’s not ready to go for the season opener against the Buccaneers on Sept. 8.

“There’s always concern, but I feel confident that we will have him back,” Ryan said. “Now when that is? I’m not sure, but I feel confident that he’ll be out there.”

When will Holmes, who spent the first practice on the stationary bike and working with trainers off to the side, be ready to practice?

“I don’t know,” Holmes said. “Whenever the doctors clear me to go out and perform will be the day that I go out and show up for practice.”

“It’s not frustrating at all,” Holmes said. “I have to deal with what I have to do deal with, which is the injury I suffered last year. I had to go through two surgeries and now I’m recovering. That’s all I can do and go through the process.”

Holmes, who took a paycut this offseason, is taking a big-picture approach to his rehab. It’s unlikely that he’ll rush to make any sort of artificial deadline.

“I have to be careful (and) take it one day at a time,” he said. “That’s all I can do right now… worry about today and when tomorrow comes, go in and do everything possible to rehab.”

In the meantime, he’s studying Marty Mornhinweg’s playbook and encouraging teammates at practice.

“I have to stick to the basics, which is the things that I would do if I were playing right now as opposed to the things that I can’t do,” Holmes said. “And I can’t worry about the things that I can’t do right now.”

Is he confident that he can still be same player that he used to be?

“I can’t worry about that right now,” he said.

http://www.nydailyne...lay-this-season

#2 User is offline   JSOTF Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

I got to be honest here, I really dont think there would be any difference...if any, then when he was jogging routes...just sayin

#3 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

Holmes doesn't open up much to the media, he hates them. I think this is them taking something to make a story. We'll see what happens.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   TheFuture Icon

• LB Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

He was jogging pretty decently today, from the fence line to the "gen jets" section about 60yards away
"If you take a swipe at one of ours, we'll take a swipe at two of yours" -Rex Ryan

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users