NYJetsFan.com Forums: The Jets' Circus Has Finally Left Town - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

Jets lose by 1 to pats possibly Rex's last home game
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) I don't have $ to buy any weed right now
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) business is slow and I got other things to worry about
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) Game not over yet
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:38 PM) but I'm still cool as a cucumber
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:39 PM) Who declared cucumbers cool
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:40 PM) cucumbers are cool cause I said so
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) And you said so because you're cool as a cucumber
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) That was a stupid penalty
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) yup
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:41 PM) I'm mad chill
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) he got hammered
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:42 PM) I'm not as cool as the other side of the pillow though cause that is gay as f***
ROBJETS Icon : (Yesterday, 07:43 PM) So what are you saying? You ride cucumbers?
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:44 PM) nope but cucumbers are great on sandwiches and sandwiches are f***ing awesome
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:45 PM) and they can be fermented and become pickles which is always great on sandwiches and I already said it sandwiches are f***ing awesome
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:46 PM) He's got a point
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) of course I do I'm moderator material
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 07:47 PM) Where's the studs and duds thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) I bring shit to the table that noone else does cause well I'm f***ing awesome just like sandwiches
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) there were no studs
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:48 PM) and the duds would be so long to list I'd still be typing if I had started that thread
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 07:49 PM) but at least the bills lost to the lowly raiders
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) Ok im trying to get this
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the jets have gone up against all total teams with a record of 114-110
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:52 PM) the Jags have gone up against 114-109-1
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:53 PM) if Denver wins. that's 115-110 against us and 114-110-1 against the Jags
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:54 PM) How do they have the harder Schedule strength??
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 07:56 PM) that's if Denver wins tomorrow
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 08:11 PM) Is it me or is Tony Dungy awkward looking when he tries to smile and stares straight into the camera while doing the Football Night in America broadcast
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) the job the GM in Arizona has done with dealing with all those injuries this season is something I would love to emulate for the JETS
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) finding talent in places you don't expect
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) but instead we get a pencil pusher
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:17 PM) who puts us in great position cap wise but can't evaluate talent for shit
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and makes horrible draft picks
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and just wasted every single JETS fans time for the past 6 months
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) and next monday that shit comes to an end
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:18 PM) bye bye idzik bye bye rex dueces geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:19 PM) Fire Idzik Fire Rex Cut Geno
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Yesterday, 09:23 PM) Would you make a trade to get Larry Fitzgerald?
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) Beastmode
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Yesterday, 11:16 PM) wow
santana Icon : (Yesterday, 11:21 PM) "Hold ma diiiiiiickkkkkk"
-lynch
a1elbow2.0 Icon : (Today, 12:58 AM) Someone needs to save 2003s comments today for future generations
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 10:59 AM) SUCK FOR THE DUCK
Chaos Icon : (Today, 11:37 AM) another potential HC name - Sean Payton. There is a possibility that the Saints decide it's time for a change. Unlikely but if it happens and he's out there....
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

The Jets' Circus Has Finally Left Town

#1 User is offline   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:22 PM

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- The 2012 New York Jets were a 3-D football team -- dysfunctional, distracted and a disaster. It was so bad that Braylon Edwards, who arrived just in time for the late-season chaos, remarked Friday that "nobody sells a mouthwash that could wash that taste out of my mouth."

Actually, there is a mouthwash for that. His name is John Idzik, the new general manager, and he's trying to change the circus culture that made the Jets a national punchline. For a change, they're putting football ahead of the sideshow, and that's a good thing. It might take some time to see the results -- the talent isn't here yet -- but the approach is sound, albeit boring.

There was absolutely no buzz as the Jets took the field for the first time on a postcard morning in upstate New York. It was a dramatic departure from last year, when 2,600 fans braved a rainstorm to watch Tim Tebow fire passes into the ground and, in the end, run shirtless to the locker room.

Ah, memories.

There was excitement and curiosity in the air that day, with ESPN's cameras recording every Tebow moment. On Friday, the only thing in the air was the smell of manure. No joke.

There were only 760 fans in the bleachers, and the media contingent was less than last year's early turnout, which numbered close to 100 -- most of them camping out to see the world's most famous backup quarterback/punt protector.

On Friday, no one cared that a linebacker named Nick Bellore had assumed Tebow's role as the personal protector. At times, practice sounded as if someone had hit the mute button. For Idzik, it was blissfully quiet. In fact, he contributed to it by declining interviews, although he's expected to speak Saturday.

"That's the way Mr. Idzik is ... he doesn't say much," said quarterback Mark Sanchez, suggesting the team has become a reflection of the GM's personality. And he meant that as a positive.

Sanchez, no doubt, is relieved he no longer has to answer questions about Tebow. The players respected Tebow and his accomplishments, but they're not upset that he's gone, off to do his thing in the land of Belichick. Calvin Pace, for one, likes the relative calm.

"I think it's better. There's no fanfare," the veteran linebacker said. "Every year it seemed like it was something -- Rex coming here, Brett Favre, Tebow. It's easier to get your work done without the constant noise.

"Tim has done great things in his career," Pace continued. "He's a product of his accomplishments, and people wanted to see him here. There's nothing wrong with that -- fans want to see their favorite player -- but it's a lot easier to concentrate with no hoopla, no disrespect to Tim."

The Jets lost control of the situation last season, mismanaging the quarterback situation and fueling a controversy that turned into an utter mess. Said Edwards: "There was so much B.S. going on that it even made [the media] sick at the end of the day."

The wild and crazy Jets are trying to adopt a buttoned-down approach. A year ago, they practically begged ESPN to show live cuts of Tebow operating the Wildcat offense. This summer, reporters are forbidden from tweeting or reporting specific formations, namely the Wildcat. News photographers are feeling the pinch as well, as their window for shooting at practice has been scaled back.

It's a Mangini-esque paranoia, but it's all part of the grand plan to change the culture. For now, everybody is buying in, but it'll be interesting to see what happens if and/or when the team starts losing games. A bad, boring team is a tough sell in the New York market.

Owner Woody Johnson won't be happy with that. Then again, he wasn't thrilled with last year's product, even though they were compelling in a butt-fumbling kind of way.

Don't mention 2012 around Ryan. He's so done with last year.

"I refuse to go back," he said. "We'll end up 6-10 again if we don't look forward."

Ryan is taking a basics approach, stressing competition, accountability and the importance of playing complementary football. In his first team meeting Thursday night, he told the players they can't expect to take the elevator to the top floor; it has to be a step-by-step journey.

In other words, no shortcuts. Finally, they get it.

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Chaos Icon

• D Coordinator
  • Icon
  • Group: Assistant Admin

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:10 PM

The circus was the media and the ringleader was Tebow. I'm just glad it's all done with now.

#3 User is online   reg83ny Icon

• TMZ Correspondent
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• MLB:

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:51 PM

Thank Idzik for that

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users