NYJetsFan.com Forums: Geno Outplays Sanchez As Rex Throws Multiple Looks At Jets Qbs - NYJetsFan.com Forums

Toggle shoutbox NYJETSFAN BANTER

JETS SUPER BOWL THIS WEEKEND
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:45 PM) I don't understand if its short how is it a first down
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:46 PM) we got robbed
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:50 PM) that ref fucked us
ganggreen2003 Icon : (Today, 03:50 PM) and we have zero TO's now
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 03:50 PM) Because it's the Pats
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 03:52 PM) I just don't understand how the pats always get the f***ing call
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:53 PM) I don't care, losing is better for us long term anyways
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:53 PM) The Jets made it interesting and still accomplished what they needed to.
mgjetman Icon : (Today, 03:53 PM) The Stars and Stripes on the helmet.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 03:53 PM) Rex showed how good of a defensive coach he is today, he'll have his suitors.
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 04:05 PM) NFC south sucks
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 04:06 PM) under 500 team going to win the iv
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 04:06 PM) for sure now
jetfan4life12 Icon : (Today, 04:18 PM) No 0099 last week we messed up by winning. We couldn't have lost another spot in the draft. Oh and BTW, it's the effing pats!
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 04:19 PM) Washington won so I belive we are 5 now
azjetfan Icon : (Today, 04:23 PM) Actually don't we win the tie breaker with Jax? So fourth?
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 04:32 PM) I haven't paid attention to the tiebreakers, I'll wait to see what it looks like after next week.
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 04:39 PM) Read my DRAFT thread. No we DONT have 4th. Ive been updating it
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 04:40 PM) Wow the AFC has 11 teams with 8 wins or more right now
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 04:40 PM) 12
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 04:40 PM) 13 if cle wins next week
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 04:40 PM) draft order (1)Wins
(2)Schedule strength (harder schedule strength lower pick not higher)
(3) conference wins)
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 04:41 PM) HAHA my bad
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 04:42 PM) 11 teams with 8 wins and 12 if cle wins next week
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 04:51 PM) The draft order isn't like the playoffs. Head to head games are way down on the list. Its clearly listed Wins first then schedule strength then conference wins. Its not hard to do a simple search
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 04:54 PM) The teams above us that need a QB are the Bucs and maybe Titans
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 04:54 PM) Zach Mettenberger seems promising, but they could still go QB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 04:54 PM) The Raiders and Jaguars won't draft QB
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:00 PM) Jets interested in Todd Bowles? Not my favorite HC candidate. More of the same for woody...
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:03 PM) hire another rookie DC. If we keep Idzik too, I'd be pissed.
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 05:10 PM) Heck the Raiders Buffalo game is the only good game. Colts and Rams getting blown out. I figured the Dallas Indy game would be better
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 05:11 PM) It would be nice to see the raiders get the win to move up a spot but Im not sure about any of the qbs i this draft so I really dont think it matters
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 05:13 PM) might be better off rolling the dice and moving down a few spots to get more picks unless there is a solid olinemanworth taking at the 4th or 5th spot
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 05:14 PM) Id rather the Jets go after Cutler than take a chance on a first round qb this year.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:14 PM) Without Luck, the Colts are trash
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 05:15 PM) SUCK FOR THE DUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 05:15 PM) !!!!
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 05:15 PM) They were trash without manning too.
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:16 PM) f*** THE DUCK
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 05:16 PM) GASP!!!!
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 05:16 PM) How dare u say that
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:17 PM) I'm excited to start researching potential draft prospects for us, I have no idea really who the top guys are this year.
ROBJETS Icon : (Today, 05:17 PM) Look at all the first round top qb draft pick busts over the years. Even most of the analysts arent sure about any of the qbs this year
MikeGangGree... Icon : (Today, 05:17 PM) I can not believe u could post such a thing about THE DUCK
Jetsfan0099 Icon : (Today, 05:17 PM) I'll be more excited if Idzik was fired. I'm interested to see who our next HC is too
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1

Geno Outplays Sanchez As Rex Throws Multiple Looks At Jets Qbs

#1 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

CORTLAND – Jets coach Rex Ryan is not making it easy on his quarterbacks. The defensive mastermind throws a ton of looks at the quarterbacks in practice, holding nothing back.
On Wednesday, he got the best of Mark Sanchez, who had his worst practice of training camp. Sanchez, working with the first team, finished 3-of-10 with a touchdown and an interception. Geno Smith had another strong practice as he begins to look like he’s passing Sanchez in the competition. He went 5-of-6 with two sacks.
Smith has proven to be a quick study. At one point Ryan lined up eight defensive players on the line of scrimmage against Smith. An offensive lineman jumped offsides. Ryan showed another blitz look on the next play. This time, Smith used a hard count to get a defender to jump, showing good awareness.
Antonio Cromartie had the interception on Sanchez, making a nice play on the ball and tipping it to himself. Sanchez also had an interception in individual drills, this one by Isaiah Trufant on a tumbling catch.
Smith was not perfect. He still is holding onto the ball too long and has to learn when to just get rid of the ball. One throw was into double coverage deep down the field when he probably should have just throw it out of bounds.
DE Muhammad Wilkerson continues to be extremely active. He knocked down a Sanchez pass, almost intercepting it … RB Chris Ivory did not participate in team drills. … Rookie CB Dee Milliner spent a lot of practice listening to Cromartie. … DL Sheldon Richardson did not practice because of dental issues. Ryan said he believes Richardson needs a root canal. … WR Titus Ryan, who has had some good moments in camp, was injured during individual drills. It appeared to be his hamstring. … WR Ryan Spadola had a bad drop during individual drills on a nice pass from Smith. … Roookie Brian Winters worked at left guard with the first team. Ryan said Stephen Peterman is nursing a shoulder injury. … OLB Ricky Sapp continues to have nice moments in practice. He blew up a running play Wednesday, stopping John Griffin seven yards behind the line of scrimmage. … Entertaining argument between WR Ben Obomanu and S Bret Lockett, who got tangled up. They continued to jaw when they got up with Obomanu saying “you have not made a play all training camp.” Ouch. … The offensive and defensive lines got into a brawl during drills with Willie Colon in the middle of it. … K Nick Folk was 3-for-3 on field goals with a long of 50 yards. Billy Cundiff was 2-for-3, missing a 50-yarder.

Read more: Geno outplays Sanchez as Rex throws multiple looks at Jets QBs http://www.nypost.co...O#ixzz2aebmmOPX
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   santana Icon

• I'm batman
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Keeping this place from breaking... and titties.

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

Raw talent
Nyjetsfan.com Jets Fan Forum and Chat

#3 User is online   Jetsfan0099 Icon

• Assistant Head Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderator

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

View Postsantana, on 31 July 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

Raw talent

yup. I hope this continues and Smith wins the job so we don't have to see Sanchez anymore and hopefully Geno becomes a franchise QB.

If Geno becomes a good QB, this could be our GOAT draft class.
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   RetireChrebet Icon

• Line Coach
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Football, mma, yanks, basketball

• NFL Team:

• MLB:

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:02 PM

Encouraging that geno is grasping things early. Interesting that even our no name WR's can't stay on the field.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users